Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quidditch wasn't that bad in the books but the quidditch scenes went on for like fifteen minutes of aimless flying around in the movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Alteisen posted:

I liked the first one but the 2nd one was completely awful, most of the cast sucked, the bosses where stupidly over leveled and could one shot without some gimmicky bullshit on your end and there is a demon in it you cannot get at all, it exists solely to make the fight with Yamato a pain in the rear end because gently caress you that's why.

Only thing I liked about it was Jungo the cat.

Dude, if you're fighting Yamato then you already hosed up.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Strange Quark posted:

I think SMT IV is better than Nocturne.

Get out of here. Atmosphere, writing, graphics are all better. SMT IV is a good game and has great QoL improvements but it it's not better then Nocturne. Man I would kill for a good remake of that.

hubris.height posted:

how are the p4 animes btw?

Yu is hilarious in the first. It's worth a see through. Avoid the second, it's terrible.

Beef Waifu posted:

Here's my bad SMT opinion, SMTIV is one my favorite SMT games and ranks high with Raidou 2 and both DDS'.

These are all great games. I loved Raidou 2 especially. That said I also really liked DSO1. Oh, and are people seriously debating how anime SMT and Personal games are again?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

oblomov posted:

These are all great games. I loved Raidou 2 especially. That said I also really liked DSO1. Oh, and are people seriously debating how anime SMT and Personal games are again?

If you would read the thread you would clearly see that we are talking about Quidditch

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Both P4 Anime's are bad and probably not worth watching even it Yu is great and wacky in the first one, but something *really* does need to be said about how genuinely terrible and unfunny The Golden was. Like, it takes every single joke from the game and overstates it to the point of removing any bit of charm it could have had.

Also it's like 90% scenes of Marie being retconned into story moments in really unfunny ways.

Spend the time you could be watching it playing Devil Summoner.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena instead.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Just watch Revolutionary Girl Utena instead.

This is actually the best piece of advice given in this thread. Utena is great/a trip and persona takes a lot from it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
P4 Anime was amazing, the animators were furious over low pay and lovely hours so the result was a slow moving revolt over 24 episodes

By the end I think it was being made by the North Koreans

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Golden anime is better because I saw an image of Chie dressed as S&M police officer and it was hot.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Beef Waifu posted:

The Golden anime is better because I saw an image of Chie dressed as S&M police officer and it was hot.

this, also very nicely animated in some episodes, but if you don't like marie or care about her, just watch the two adachi-centric episodes.

marie takes over several scenes she wasn't part of in the game.

things related to adachi always end up being the most interesting

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Even if you aren't into the P4G Anime, there's a Christmas episode where they forget about Marie altogether to the point the opening even uses the P4 anime opening.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beef Waifu posted:

what

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

seems pretty self-explantory

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm okay with the Golden anime now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cake Attack posted:

seems pretty self-explantory

I suppose so, I just have trouble imagini-

Oh okay then

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

What the gently caress... something good came out of Persona 4???

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Looks like a Nazi uniform to me. Look at the armband.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love how none of us have watched the Golden Anime and have no context for this image.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm thinking about just dropping this picture randomly all over the internet. I'm sure the results would be amazing.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
S&MT5 looking good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Me irl

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYt0WbDjJ4E

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

:vince:

EthanSteele posted:

S&MT5 looking good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Best girl is the horny old teacher that all the boys pretend is disgusting for some reason

Yeah she was cool I dunno why they all hate her. I liked the teacher in P3 you play the MMO with too. That one dude in P3 would have liked horny teacher I bet.

Good, Shadow Chie didn't get nearly enough screen-time in game I hope this is something similar.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the christmas episode is really good, and raises numerous questions

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got into anime again recently and there's actually good shows still being made, I just assumed everything was poo poo by now

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Yeah it's an adaptation of a manga that started in the 80s but that doesn't make it any less good. They're currently on Part 3 of the manga, which introduces the concepts of Stands which are LITERALLY the same thing as Persona. From what I hear a huge chunk of the feel and story of Persona 4 is straight from Jojo's Part 4 too. Imagine Persona 4 where every single character is Kanji

Space Dandy: People were dissapointed because they were expecting the next Cowboy Bebop since it's the same creator, except this time what he did is give a different guest director and writer control over every episode which leads to some out there stuff like a speed racer inspired episode that ends with Dandy getting lost in time and finding out he has become a god, or an episode that has like 3 minutes of no dialogue that is basically an LSD trip, or an episode where a zombie outbreak happens but the zombies win in like 10 minutes and the rest of the episode is just exploring the ramifications of a universe where everyone is a zombie

Ping Pong: They play ping pong and there are emotions

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah she was cool I dunno why they all hate her. I liked the teacher in P3 you play the MMO with too. That one dude in P3 would have liked horny teacher I bet.

Good, Shadow Chie didn't get nearly enough screen-time in game I hope this is something similar.

But that Chie doesn't have yellow eyes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

But that Chie doesn't have yellow eyes.

They are kinda yellow looking? I said something similar though, I mean her shadow is this dominatrix thing and you never really see much of that from her anywhere else in the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Forget it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

I love how none of us have watched the Golden Anime and have no context for this image.

Episode 8 - Persona 4 The Animation OVA 1:Not So Holy Christmas Eve Crunchyroll

It's classic Persona 4 the Animation with a brief scene with Marie. Yu invites the girls over for Christmas.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh idk now which i should watch

if the p4g anime is just going 'ah gently caress it here is some episodes' i'm all about that but if its legit worse because its boring and not well done i guess i'll go with the original. honestly p4g anime has a lot of catching up to do because gently caress marie she is garbage

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marie is cool and I am proud to have had fun playing her in Ultimax.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
The new demon designs in SMTIV may clash with the older assets, but they're pretty cool taken in of themselves and an SMT game designed entirely by the new guys would be a refreshing change from the usual stuff.

[edit] Aesthetically, they're a nice return to the fever-nightmare aesthetic of 80's horror anime, which I think has been lost from the older designs because of how familiar they are.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 3, 2014

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Marie is cool and I am proud to have had fun playing her in Ultimax.

To be completely fair she is a cut-and-paste of a much better waifu mascot character with a Marie skin, so there's a reason why she's fun to play in P4U2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually she plays nothing like Platinum just because she has a gimmick that involves switching things, that's a surface similarity at best and that's not considering that almost every Blazblue character sucks especially Platinum.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Teddie is closer to Platinum than Marie is.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Actually she plays nothing like Platinum just because she has a gimmick that involves switching things, that's a surface similarity at best and that's not considering that almost every Blazblue character sucks especially Platinum.

She has like half of Platinum's animations, even though the numbers underneath are a little different. They both also throw poo poo on screen and have similar qcf attacks. Her Bag Bounce thing is exactly the same animation as Platinum's forward moving swing attack.

They are extremely similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Teddie is more similar to Platinum because his gimmick actually involves throwing random poo poo out on the screen that helps his gameplan significantly and even then he's more an amalgam of Platinum and Faust than just straight up either. Every character in this game has like one animation they use from past ArcSys games, Marie is not unique in this case and just because she has a present attack that is preset and can actually be used in consistent combos does not make her Platinum. Most of their animations are not actually that similar and it is maybe like one or two which once again share surface similarities at best.

This is not mentioning they function as completely different characters in terms of how you play then.