Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koboldstyle
Dec 3, 2007

swing to the hepcat beat

choobs posted:

I jumped on his back and now he's a playable character. Not sure if you can get him from the gumball machine or not, but you definitely get him by jumping on his back.

That makes seeing him go by out of reach All The More Frustrating, ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

messagemode1 posted:

drat monkeytennis if you're around how is your TTV tower so tall???

Whaling????

I started in the beta so it's been going a while. Also the cloud saving means I can keep things stocked while I'm at work via my phone!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Levitate posted:

Drill for gas and materials using 7 and not higher. Stock up on fuel, once you start seeing garden planets they refill you oxygen for free when you visit them so I don't usually carry an oxygen stock. Hope for upgrades that improve you engines efficiency and allow you to jump longer distances. Keep at least 5 iron around at all times to repair your probes if you break them. You'll also start running into ships you can swap into which is key when they have more space and better systems

That said I haven't managed to get some of the harder endings cuz it gets annoyingly difficult to restock at a certain point.

Re: Out There, I've had better success drilling at 10 every time, and just repairing the probe, since fuel is such a bitch to keep in stock early in the game when you have no upgrades, yet iron is simple to get. Agreed on just using garden planets for oxygen, although late in the game you need to have some in stock for plot purposes.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

koboldstyle posted:

That makes seeing him go by out of reach All The More Frustrating, ha

I unlocked him by viewing the credits, I think. I don't recall earning him through the gumball machine but suddenly he was unlocked one day.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Same. I bought it a couple years ago and am still considering requesting my money back. Come on guys, it's been nearly two months and your game won't even start.

Square Enix has a $20, non-cross buy mobile game that won't even start on the newest version of iOS (that's mandatory for all 2014 iOS devices, and iPhone 4S and up if you need to restore), and they don't give a flying gently caress about fixing it, and still have it for sale.

That's precious :allears: They really are the most arrogant game company on Earth.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

gay skull posted:

That's precious :allears: They really are the most arrogant game company on Earth.

Capcom hasn't fixed ghost trick crashing since iOS 7, Sega hasn't fixed Sonic CD on 6s. It feels like my game library is shrinking every phone update :/

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You can't expect <company> to support <product> <x> years down the line, are you crazy?

- Apple fanboys

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

gay skull posted:

Square Enix has a $20, non-cross buy mobile game that won't even start on the newest version of iOS (that's mandatory for all 2014 iOS devices, and iPhone 4S and up if you need to restore), and they don't give a flying gently caress about fixing it, and still have it for sale.

As an update on TWEWY iOS, here's my response from SE support that I received yesterday:

quote:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize that you are having trouble with this app after the update to iOS 8. Our development teams are working to make sure that any problems such as this are fixed, though I cannot say when this would occur as they are working on a vast number of apps currently with the same problem. We thank you for your patience while we investigate the problem and if there is a fix pushed you will notice an update available for the app in the app store.

Not holding my breath.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Japanese companies are insane. Unfortunately, not a new trend. How's Deep Dungeons of Doom? Had my eye on it for a while.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How would I go about getting a refund for the world ends with you? It doesn't show up on the support site thing because I bought it over a year ago.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

As an update on TWEWY iOS, here's my response from SE support that I received yesterday:

Not holding my breath.

On the plus side, if it's something affecting every game, fixing it in one place means they can probably fix it everywhere.

Zigmidge posted:

You can't expect <company> to support <product> <x> years down the line, are you crazy?

- Apple fanboys

hnnnrgh

Wait, this is the games forum

mrgrgr

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ursine Asylum posted:

On the plus side, if it's something affecting every game, fixing it in one place means they can probably fix it everywhere.
Final Fantasy Tactics iOS, released 1 year prior to TWEWY, works just fine in iOS8.

Given the freeze happens on post-launch with the "initializing..." screen, and that TWEWY has that dumb unique "check to see if iOS device camera has flash" flag to gently caress over iPad users, as well as Twitter integration, I'm guessing the iOS8 compatibility hinges on one or both of those features, pretty much unique to that title as far as I know from SE iOS titles.

Still, the answer wasn't nothing. I'm hoping there will be a fix contemporaneous with the expected Christmas sale for the game.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics iOS, released 1 year prior to TWEWY, works just fine in iOS8.

Given the freeze happens on post-launch with the "initializing..." screen, and that TWEWY has that dumb unique "check to see if iOS device camera has flash" flag to gently caress over iPad users, as well as Twitter integration, I'm guessing the iOS8 compatibility hinges on one or both of those features, pretty much unique to that title as far as I know from SE iOS titles.

Still, the answer wasn't nothing. I'm hoping there will be a fix contemporaneous with the expected Christmas sale for the game.

I've been avoiding Squeenix mobile games since that ATB poo poo, but assuming they're not lying about it affecting "a vast number of games", it wouldn't surprise me if it was some stupid phone-home poo poo that got broken.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

DrManiac posted:

How would I go about getting a refund for the world ends with you? It doesn't show up on the support site thing because I bought it over a year ago.

If you still have the email invoice you can click on the link for it in that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just got a 500 coin bonus in Crossy. :stare:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

Just got a 500 coin bonus in Crossy. :stare:

Ive gotten those twice. This game is really meh but I still put in half an hour of playtime each day.

buglord fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 4, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also gently caress you Yodzilla and your 300+ score. :argh:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Kenny Logins posted:

Not holding my breath.

Reminder that Activision's THPS2 port was delisted from the store after iOS 6 or 7 broke it, after promising they would investigate the issues.

Don't hold your breath that Square Enix is much better. If nothing else, be glad these games are at least on other platforms and that we're not losing them entirely :smith:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zigmidge posted:

- Apple fanboys

Like that's an alright concept I guess but you really should stop taking money from people at some point

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vain Glory might be the only MOBA that i've enjoyed playing. Works really well on the 6.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hearthstone is getting its first major expansion on the 8th. Blizzard is going to give every player 3 free packs and a free arena play for people that play shortly after release. They have not announced the exact time for when you get the free poo poo but it likely be a few weeks.

It is kinda of a odd expansion. There are very few common and rare cards compared to the classic packs. But most commons and rare cards are very good cards.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

Reminder that Activision's THPS2 port was delisted from the store after iOS 6 or 7 broke it, after promising they would investigate the issues.

I was wondering why that disappeared. I tried to download it to my wife's phone a month or so ago after I bought her a 6 and figured she might find it playable on a larger screen (that was her favorite game back in the day but she hated it on the 4 when I first installed it for her). That sucks. It was a decent port even if it was difficult to control on a small screen.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Also gently caress you Yodzilla and your 300+ score. :argh:

345. :smug:

Also, Tiny Tower Vegas is doing a Christmas event and if you still need goon friends, the spreadsheet is still here. Note you still can't edit on mobile unless you use the Google Sheets app.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 4, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shwqa posted:

Hearthstone is getting its first major expansion on the 8th. Blizzard is going to give every player 3 free packs and a free arena play for people that play shortly after release. They have not announced the exact time for when you get the free poo poo but it likely be a few weeks.

It is kinda of a odd expansion. There are very few common and rare cards compared to the classic packs. But most commons and rare cards are very good cards.

Man, I really want to play Hearthstone, but that thing crashes my mini like nothing else. I had such a good run at it and then one day I couldn't finish matches anymore without scrambling to reconnect.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Fix posted:

Man, I really want to play Hearthstone, but that thing crashes my mini like nothing else. I had such a good run at it and then one day I couldn't finish matches anymore without scrambling to reconnect.

Same thing happened to me. Might have been after iOS8, actually... It's the first Mini, so I might trade it soon anyway.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Fix posted:

Really? It's slow on my 1st gen mini, but certainly not unplayable. They've improved the performance pretty dramatically on A5s since they first released it.

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

Yeah hearthstone used to crash my mini every few games, but almost always after they finished. Now it's pretty great, very few problems.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is there a time of day when new apps show up? Game of Thrones is supposed to be up today but I don't see it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

all_purpose_cat_boy posted:

Yeah hearthstone used to crash my mini every few games, but almost always after they finished. Now it's pretty great, very few problems.

Yeah hearthstone used to crash like crazy on my iPad 2 when they released naxxramas. So I quit playing for 2 months.

Now it works pretty ok. Crashes a bunch still but only after a match is over and I complete a quest and level up. And sometimes while I'm deckbuilding. But never durning a match which is the most important time.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 4, 2014

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kevyn posted:

Is there a time of day when new apps show up? Game of Thrones is supposed to be up today but I don't see it.

It's already up you can't can't search for it yet.

Protip: when a app you want is just released googling " x itunes" in your phone's safari browser usually gets you a link that opens directly to the app in the app store.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id906862658

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eh, maybe I'll boot it up again then if they've worked out some of the kinks. I'd like to, since I did enjoy it so.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DragonQuest 3 is now out, for $9.99.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Protip: when a app you want is just released googling " x itunes" in your phone's safari browser usually gets you a link that opens directly to the app in the app store.

Another thing to do is find a different app by the same developer and click the button that links to more apps by them. Usually I can find things in that list before I can search for them.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Anyone care to comment on The Witcher game? Is it improved?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Improved from what? It's a new release.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Kheldarn posted:

DragonQuest 3 is now out, for $9.99.

This is a fantastic game and easily better than most RPGs on the iPhone. The port itself seems pretty decent so far, though they removed battle animations. =/

If you want to make your own party (and class change them!), go explore a big, colorful world filled with personality that lets you do a lot of things in a non-linear order and without any lame, overbearing narrative other than your quest itself, this is the game for you. This was basically the benchmark for console RPGs when it came out in Japan in '88.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is the 2d version of Elite any good? The TA thread is inconclusive about it, and tbh if it's as good as Space Miner I'd buy it like a hungry daesh sex-mover would purchase a sexy Christian slave for lustful usage.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SynthOrange posted:

Improved from what? It's a new release.

People in beta said it was just a glorified talisman clone. I wondered if it still was.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

empty baggie posted:

I was wondering why that disappeared. I tried to download it to my wife's phone a month or so ago after I bought her a 6 and figured she might find it playable on a larger screen (that was her favorite game back in the day but she hated it on the 4 when I first installed it for her). That sucks. It was a decent port even if it was difficult to control on a small screen.

You should still be able to redownload it from your purchase history. You just can't find the page for the app anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Doctor Zero posted:

People in beta said it was just a glorified talisman clone. I wondered if it still was.

There was a recent comment in the boardgame thread (last 2-3 pages) saying that it Talisman: Witcher Edition in the beta, but that the devs had added some stuff it and now there was some depth to it. Still a shitload of dice rolls, though.

I'm on the phone so no link :(