Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
But aside from the 12 year old tits thing, aren't you guys excited for his forthcoming appearance on South Park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uirZ0bDzoYQ. I think that means we've all hit the big time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

THAT guy earns millions a year from youtube?

gently caress this gay earth.

EDIT: vvvvv :barf: vvvvv

EDIT 2: Just reading that article, and the author says basically "Yeah, I can't watch his stuff for more than a minute", which I guess then opens him up to a ton of internet backlash, which he has to defend himself against. Holy poo poo, I hate website commenters.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 3, 2014

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

THAT guy earns millions a year from youtube?

gently caress this gay earth.

He earns approximately 4 million a year. http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/06/18/youtuber-pewdiepie-is-making-4-million-a-year/

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Given his audience, I would not be surprised if Pewdiepie had access to a significant amount of naked underage girls, and his "joke" had more than a hint of truth to it.

I have also never heard anything at all relating Snapchat to naked children. He's a pioneer here.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Suspicious Dish posted:

I have been watching lots of TobyGames lately. He's pretty awesome.
Is this some kind of sick joke.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I thought for a few minutes whether we'd be better with a PewDiePie who says rape jokes or pedophile jokes, and I then I realized I should kill myself instead.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Forgall posted:

Is this some kind of sick joke.

It's a FYAD posting a really obvious troll in the let us play subforum and somehow still getting reactions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

watho posted:

It's a FYAD posting a really obvious troll in the let us play subforum and somehow still getting reactions.

Lol, Suspicious Dish is a better poster than most people itt combined, hth.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Lol, Suspicious Dish is a better poster than most people itt combined, hth.

I agree fully.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Suspicious Dish posted:

I thought for a few minutes whether we'd be better with a PewDiePie who says rape jokes or pedophile jokes, and I then I realized I should kill myself instead.

Soon enough PDP will become as famous as John Lennon. Then nature shall take its course.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

watho posted:

I have never posted in FYAD.

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014

Is he really that oblivious to what the wording of his "joke" implies considering how many 12 year old fangirls he has?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

I have never posted in FYAD.

I mistook your comment for someone else's. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can tits even live to be 12?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_blue_tit#Parasites_and_lifespan

Seems they live just too short to be 12 at the life span of 11 years and 7 months :v:

Speaking of PDP, and by that I mean I'm not actually talking about him, I watched some of Markiplier cause I wanted to see what Five Nights At Freddy's is all about and man that intro phone call. The whole time he's just making noise, and he gets millions of views.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
What really sucks is Markiplier has an amazing voice and is apparently a genuinely cool guy, and he'd probably be really fun to watch if he gave up being a PewDiePie copycat.

But then he'd be giving up millions of dollars, too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jamesman posted:

What really sucks is Markiplier has an amazing voice and is apparently a genuinely cool guy, and he'd probably be really fun to watch if he gave up being a PewDiePie copycat.

That's what saddens me about him. He's extremely popular because he's a genuinely nice, intelligent guy who respects people suffering from mental illnesses like depression and bipolar disorder and he can be quite funny. He just spends so much time screaming and talking loudly over the games he plays that he becomes grating to watch.

I'd love to give the guy views and suggest him to other people, but he's just not very enjoyable.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
slowbeef, Cartman is stealing your schtick on the new South Park. How does that make you feel?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Blind Sally posted:

slowbeef, Cartman is stealing your schtick on the new South Park. How does that make you feel?

Who do you think does the voice of Cartman?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GNU Order posted:

Who do you think does the voice of Cartman?

Anyone got a clip of Cartman saying "Mario"? I think that would settle it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No but I do have one of him saying a hail Mary, although I think that would just confuse the issue further.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Sally posted:

I'm going to wait for the AwesomeIncarnate to sue them now or punch them in the jaw. You remember, the TRUE inventor/co-inventor/owner of Let's Play?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I will give Mark that, his voice is pretty awesome. I think its like Totalbiscut who have some good audio quality in their videos.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Every so often I'm reminded that there are videos on Nico Nico Douga with 200,000 views where someone reuploads a Markiplier video and subtitles the whole thing in Japanese. I don't know why him particularly, there's a few Pewdiepie videos but they're nowhere near as popular.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard and i've seen the ecco LP

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

BMS posted:

You're right. This is pretty close though. That and the fact that he gets overly upset at those big bad meanies who leave comments on his stuff.

But hey, at least he's got an IQ of 155 RIGHT!?!?!?

And this too I guess.

I was thinking more his recent GG stuff NOTE PLEASE DO NOT START TALKING ABOUT GAMERGATE THANKS

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't think TotalBiscuit is a super amazing person but I have no real beef with him. He apologized for things like that thread and telling someone to get cancer and die a while back, and I don't think him saying he was a part of GG is any real reason to hate him. He's a British internet guy with cancer who talks about video games. He'll say things you don't like sometimes, but as far as I've seen he isn't a total rear end in a top hat anymore.

Also Markiplier does have a genuinely cool voice, I was surprised when I watched a Did You Know Gaming video a while back and it turned out he was the guy reading out all the facts and trivia.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 5, 2014

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Stux posted:

I was thinking more his recent GG stuff NOTE PLEASE DO NOT START TALKING ABOUT GAMERGATE THANKS

I don't think TotalBiscuit is part of Gamergate. From what I understand he is actual pretty neutral.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

deadicons posted:

I don't think TotalBiscuit is part of Gamergate. From what I understand he is actual pretty neutral.

He posted a thing on twitter a while ago that specifically said "I am part of GamerGate, I support journalistic ethics, I condemn misogyny".

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

deadicons posted:

He's a GamerGater, but instead of providing proof I'm going to link to this, because I think it's funnier.

https://mobile.twitter.com/totalbiscuit/status/529716776410841088

I AM THE MEDIA

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jeez, the last few posts were confusing me for a bit. What's up those avatars?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wiseblood posted:

Jeez, the last few posts were confusing me for a bit. What's up those avatars?

I think it's supposed to be the new "Stupid Newbie" avatar.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

It's the new "stupid newbie" craze that's sweeping the nation.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Colonel posted:

I don't think TotalBiscuit is a super amazing person but I have no real beef with him. He apologized for things like that thread and telling someone to get cancer and die a while back

You know, this makes me wonder if people will be as forgiving to Mr. Richeyz Rich-Rich when he pops back up here eventually?

Remember him?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590943&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=609#post429961096

But hey, he did a popular Dark Souls LP so we'll just overlook how much of a little poo poo he was, multiple times, when he proves that he's feeling better...RIGHT LP GUYS?!?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just let it go. Like that girl from the ice movie did.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

No need to be a dick about that, man. Dude's gotten help since then, there's no need to bring that poo poo back up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Don't do this you idiot.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
Frankly, I think VoidBurger sums it up best in that screenshot.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Suspicious Dish posted:

Just let it go. Like that girl from the ice movie did.

ChaosArgate posted:

No need to be a dick about that, man. Dude's gotten help since then, there's no need to bring that poo poo back up.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't do this you idiot.

BlueDude posted:

Frankly, I think VoidBurger sums it up best in that screenshot.

Just curious!

For the record, I DO hope he got help on that and un-hosed himself. But I'm a believe it when I see it kinda person.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Just because he creates content that people enjoy doesn't mean he can't be held accountable for stupid things he's said and done.

But he also doesn't get a free pass just because there is something wrong with him mentally since it's up to him to help himself.

but I and the majority of use her dont know whats really going on so we can't rely make judgements can we? Although I do hope he can eventually get back to his LP, I wanna see more cool stuff about Dark Souls I never knew about.

But off of that topic, I've been watcing Marikplyers Five Nights at Freddies videos. As much as i hate to actually give him views his are probably the better video quality wise than alot of them. Its funny to me how he slowly drops the OMG THIS IS SO CREEPY GUYS mentality as the game actually gets challenging and requires you to actually pay attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

BMS posted:

But hey, he did a popular Dark Souls LP so we'll just overlook how much of a little poo poo he was, multiple times, when he proves that he's feeling better...RIGHT LP GUYS?!?

BMS posted:

Just curious!

For the record, I DO hope he got help on that and un-hosed himself. But I'm a believe it when I see it kinda person.

You backtracked on that sentiment, BMS. You backtracked real quick.

• Locked thread