Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Yessssssss :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Yessssssss :black101:

I knew it was going to happen but im still hyped for it.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:black101: Yes!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm listening to Stephen Amell's appearance on Aisha Tyler's podcast, and one tidbit he mentions is that season two's budget was HALF of what they had for season one.

That's crazytown impressive, given what they pulled off last year.

That doesn't make any sense. I feel like there has been some miscommunication at some point, because that's not what you do to hit TV shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnSherman posted:

That doesn't make any sense. I feel like there has been some miscommunication at some point, because that's not what you do to hit TV shows.

Doctor Who is consistently one of the BBC's highest rated series and they have cut the budget every single year since 2006.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

JohnSherman posted:

Pilots are expensive and once you have the world building down you can reduce a lot of costs. Shows eventually get more expensive over time though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So since it was said (by Amell I think?) that the Flash Vs Arrow episode was going to have a big revelation for Oliver, what could it have been? The Felicity thing? Or something else?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Scyantific posted:

So since it was said (by Amell I think?) that the Flash Vs Arrow episode was going to have a big revelation for Oliver, what could it have been? The Felicity thing? Or something else?

If it's what I think it will be, if you watch the Flash episode, there's a pretty big clue.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BSam posted:

If it's what I think it will be, if you watch the Flash episode, there's a pretty big clue.

No, they said it specifically about the Flash episode. I think the thing was that Oliver was going to have a big revelation about himself on the Flash episode, and that Barry and his team would have their big revelation during Arrow.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the revelation is that he had a child. Which I think most viewers knew already, but that's almost certainly what Amell was referring to.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

I think the revelation is that he had a child. Which I think most viewers knew already, but that's almost certainly what Amell was referring to.

He didn't realize it yet though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I don't even think he knows about how Moira paid her off to move to Central City and still have kid (and he'll probably never know, since he walked out before she tossed out the "mommy" line).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Really, the only realization Ollie had this episode was that he could kick the Flash's rear end - or that Barry is just a giant wuss. I guess that's something, at least.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Weird how Roy missed out on the first part of the crossover. Only bothered to bring Felicity and Diggle with him for that one. (And they were amazing.)

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Flabbergasted Diggle is the best :allears:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I really likes how Diggle, who always has that sort of "seen it all" air about him, was loving bowled over by The Flash's speed.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

limeincoke posted:

Annnnd finally got all caught up. My initial thoughts? If they're just cribbing the cast of Spartacus, I wish they'd hire the fight coordinator as well. The fight choreography in Arrow is extremely lacking. Apparently everyone in the city was trained by the same person who spent a lot of time worrying about how to spin someone to the ground with your legs.

The action director from Nikita would be a great fit imo.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

VagueRant posted:

Weird how Roy missed out on the first part of the crossover. Only bothered to bring Felicity and Diggle with him for that one. (And they were amazing.)

I was thinking about that last night as it does seem odd. It could be explained away that Roy needed to stay behind so someone could keep watch over Starling. Regardless of the reason, they should've addressed it. Maybe they'll say something about it tonight.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Because you can't have two red guys, that would be confusing.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So Stephen Amell posted four photos from next weeks Arrow Winter finale:

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/762744130477523/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/762744130477523/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/762744670477469/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/762744793810790/?type=3&theater

:black101:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Ras really needs to do more crunches.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/540202793026330624

Preview clip from part two of the crossover. Slightly spoilery. Seems like they're keeping the humor going even as they flip over to Starling.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

VagueRant posted:

Roy had to stay in Starling to full the local angst quota.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Burning_Monk posted:

Ras really needs to do more crunches.

Ras, the least in shape person on the show.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Given Diggle's :wtc: reaction to the Flash, maybe he meets an alien who appears so frightening he has a heart attack and dies. The alien decides to then assume his form, that of security expert John Jones Diggle.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Dig's reaction to Barry just makes me want him to become a Green Lantern that much more so that we can constantly have nonplussed "What the gently caress am I seeing?!?" Diggle.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They didn't bring Roy because people wanted to see The Arrow fight The Flash. Getting a third person involved would've just complicated things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Roy can't fight and is terrible.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Y'all just jealous cause Roy so pretty! :allears:

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

boom boom boom posted:

They didn't bring Roy because people wanted to see The Arrow fight The Flash. Getting a third person involved would've just complicated things.

That's a fine enough real world explanation, but they should couple that with an in-universe explanation. Yeah, it didn't ruin the episode, but it would've been nice if they just threw in two sentences about where Roy was. DON'T ABANDON HIM, OLIVER.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

That's a fine enough real world explanation, but they should couple that with an in-universe explanation. Yeah, it didn't ruin the episode, but it would've been nice if they just threw in two sentences about where Roy was. DON'T ABANDON HIM, OLIVER.

Ollie has him stalking Felicity's new boyfriend, Ray. Keepin' tabs.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Roy had to work shifts at Verdant. Bam. Problem solved.

I'd say it's more of a question as to how Felicity keeps getting ridiculous amounts of time off from her job as Vice President of a corporation.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

hcreight posted:

I'd say it's more of a question as to how Felicity keeps getting ridiculous amounts of time off from her job as Vice President of a corporation.

Roy stayed behind to fight the new Starling city villain, DJ greasy hair.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She's loving her boss.

At least, he's planning on it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

hcreight posted:

Well, the President is kind of head over heels in love with her, I guess that helps.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When that first crossover preview came out, it seemed pretty exciting with a lot of stuff going on.

And then it turned out that 90% of that was just for the Flash ep. I can't believe there's going to be another hour of this craziness.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hcreight posted:

I laughed pretty hard when Felicity literally asked Oliver for time off last episode.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, its interesting to me as story structure nerd they basically opted for two stand alone stories that link together in smaller ways.

It also means I have next to no idea what's on deck for tonight's episode, which is pretty drat great.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I think they did it so the episodes can play independently in syndication without it being confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When that first crossover preview came out, it seemed pretty exciting with a lot of stuff going on.

And then it turned out that 90% of that was just for the Flash ep. I can't believe there's going to be another hour of this craziness.

Not to mention that Arrow's whole episode will be about Captain Motherfucking Boomerang

• Locked thread