Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'll always remember the good times with Heath Slater, like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe employed him for over three years after this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I find this company's arrogance incredible.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

oatgan posted:

That's the least surprising fact about this whole thing, tbh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Well the police report was only just filed, and only against Slater. It's unlikely but possible that no one who wasn't there knew what happened.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to employ our rapist QB for nearly 5 years after raping two people because he can throw football good while looking like a rapist caveman. We live a hosed up world where this poo poo can happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to employ our rapist QB for nearly 5 years after raping two people because he can throw football good while looking like a rapist caveman. We live a hosed up world where this poo poo can happen.
Yeah, but Heath Slater isn't even good.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is why I'm very careful to not like any wrestlers. They all come out as rapists or murderers in the end.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

Yeah, but Heath Slater isn't even good.

He's a dickhead but he's talented.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I know everyone is super excited to take any opportunity they can to poo poo on WWE, but they likely didn't know if it wasn't reported until now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

This is why I'm very careful to not like any wrestlers. They all come out as rapists or murderers in the end.

I don't even want to know what Nakamura gets up to in his free time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I absolutely remember this incident being reported when it happened. This is not new.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well the police report was only just filed, and only against Slater. It's unlikely but possible that no one who wasn't there knew what happened.

She reported it to her supervisor the day after, and filed a police report 3 months after the incident happened. The warrant wasn't issued until today.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I know everyone is super excited to take any opportunity they can to poo poo on WWE, but they likely didn't know if it wasn't reported until now.

It's not so much that we're super excited for the opportunities to poo poo on them, but more that they just keep on presenting them to us on a near-daily basis. :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Maybe the lady had a brass ring on and Slater finally decided to stop being a lazy millennial

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

She reported it to her supervisor the day after, and filed a police report 3 months after the incident happened. The warrant wasn't issued until today.

Yes exactly. The lovely ones here, based on the information we have, are Slater and the security company who dragged their feet.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
drat it. Just...drat it. drat it, drat it, drat it, drat it.

drat IT.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like how people think it's terrible that a wrestleman they like is a bad person, rather than, you know, thinking it's terrible that a woman nearly got raped

'that sucks for her, but what about the fact that I will never see heath slater job in five seconds ever again? Who is the real victim here!? :qqsay:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people could be doing both

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently they've been trying to get a warrant issued for 3 years but nobody would do it. The original report was he had some kind of alibi but if he did it in the middle of a room, uh

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 3, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah I feel like I heard about this years ago but it didn't click with me because I barely knew who Heath Slater was at the time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Great PR week for WWE.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jesus. Slater is like the last guy on the roster that I thought would be capable of something like that. I mean he just seems like such a child like idiot.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Endorph posted:

i like how people think it's terrible that a wrestleman they like is a bad person, rather than, you know, thinking it's terrible that a woman nearly got raped

'that sucks for her, but what about the fact that I will never see heath slater job in five seconds ever again? Who is the real victim here!? :qqsay:

What about those of us who A)never gave a poo poo about Heath Slater in the first place and B)think it's terrible a woman nearly got raped

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jesus. Slater is like the last guy on the roster that I thought would be capable of something like that. I mean he just seems like such a child like idiot.

Well, you nailed the idiot part fwiw

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Endorph posted:

Thank you for saying it so I didn't have to.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Don't read the comments about this on reddit or the board fyi

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
it's good to hear, see and read substantiated evidence before deciding about a thing a guy allegedly did as told by someone you didn't know existed, before judging.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think it's terrible that heath slater raped that woman

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

That can be said for most anything.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

This pretty much goes without saying regarding most news items. If it ain't an AMA, I ain't reading it if it's on Reddit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

it's good to hear, see and read substantiated evidence before deciding about a thing a guy allegedly did as told by someone you didn't know existed, before judging.

Glad to see that Heath Slater should be believed over some female because he bumps real good

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

First Cosby, now Slater.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Given wrestling's rich history of people who are socially maladjusted and prone to fits of drug/alcohol-induced sexual violence, I think it's understandable if some people aren't willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at times v:shobon:v

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Ugh yeah I hate it when these crazy women go making up these rape stories, I agree with you Alex Riley.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Heath Slater tried to rape a lady, but could not.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

How come this type of poo poo only comes up for sexual assault and related stuff? Like, if Slater was accused of stabbing someone or stealing from them I don't think I'd see this loving stupid post.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Why did she wait for her company to press charges? Why did the company wait three years?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Why did she wait for her company to press charges? Why did the company wait three years?

In reverse order:

1. Bad PR/not wanting to incur potential legal costs/WWE (or the hotel or whoever) is a lucrative client

2. Probably afraid she'd lose her job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cops are shits with sexual assault cases. And if this is to be believed:

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently they've been trying to get a warrant issued for 3 years but nobody would do it. The original report was he had some kind of alibi but if he did it in the middle of a room, uh

Then it's probably the cops who dragged their feet.

• Locked thread