Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

Siivola posted:

Thank you, Santa!

... Since it's seems to be the pattern this year I'll out myself! Hi! I'm your Santa! Amusingly Amazon still seems to think that the package is in transit, and wasn't expecting it to get there until Monday!

Hope you enjoy the games - they're both really fun and light. Plus love-letter seems to be the Gift of the Year - I think I've seen at least three or four different Santees get it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lightning round 1 gift ordered and awaiting fulfilment, should ship as soon as the robots in the Amazon warehouse find it and box it

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Oh - an email at work:

quote:

A parcel has been delivered for you, due to Christmas we are receiving more parcels than usual so please collect asap. Many thanks
I wonder what this could be - the only thing I have on order isn't scheduled to arrive until the end of the week...

THANKYOU SANTA!

[EDIT: Table breaking...]

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NeoAnjou posted:

Oh - an email at work:

I wonder what this could be - the only thing I have on order isn't scheduled to arrive until the end of the week...

THANKYOU SANTA!

[EDIT: Table breaking...]

Glad you like it! I haven't play it yet myself but really want to - you made the gift selection pretty easy, but I had no idea if you had this already. I thought this would be a safe bet considering you're a goon! Hopefully this comes in handy when the family wants to play a game :)

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
A random package was received today. Inside?

The story of Drink Dayglow!

Also pretty aweso-

CARD SLEEVES!

Thanks very much Santa Greyish Orange, you're the best.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Yay a gift!

What's inside???

The card was blank... very mysterious!

Thanks, Secret Santa!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

thegodofchuck posted:

Yay a gift!

What's inside???

The card was blank... very mysterious!

Thanks, Secret Santa!

I hope you enjoy it! I was exhausted when I ordered it, so I couldn't think of anything funny or even blandly polite to put on the card.

That's the PoHoliday Cheer Guarantee!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My Santee's package is in the mail at last! I sent Leperflesh the tracking number because I'm paranoid, but hopefully it should be there well before Christmas Eve.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
According to package tracking, both of my Santee's gifts have been delivered! Hope they are well received

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

IrvingWashington posted:

Lightning Round I gifts ordered and paymented and Awaiting Fulfillment (not my italics).

e: Augh! Something that was in stock is now not in stock, so I had to pick another thing that was in stock. Other than that, we're all good still.

Update: Lightning Round I Santee, your gift is now shipped.

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 3, 2014

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

A package from a store I don't recognize? Aw yisssss

No name anywhere on it, so thanks, international man of mystery! :patriot:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
An unmarked package arrived for me today.

I can only guess it's from my Secret Santa as there was no note.

It's bitchen because I've wanted to checkout GUMSHOE for awhile. Thanks Santa!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

K Prime posted:

My gift is in my hands, but I will not be opening it until Christmas. But it's here, never fear!

Gonna go ahead and out myself here, I am your Santa. And now that both parcels have arrived; if you do decide to open one before Christmas Day itself, I suggest the one that arrived today. Its nifty, but the first one that showed up is niftier. Feel free to wait on both, of course, but hey, instant gratification isn't always a bad thing ;)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bucnasti posted:

An unmarked package arrived for me today.

I can only guess it's from my Secret Santa as there was no note.

It's bitchen because I've wanted to checkout GUMSHOE for awhile. Thanks Santa!

Yeah, I hosed up while I was ordering and forgot to have them wrap it and add a whimsical note. Wait by your mailbox, because there's something else on its way! Also, yes, GUMSHOE is awesome and I think MCB is the best of the many excellent games that use it. Seriously, check out the entire chapter on how forensic science applies to super powers, or the sections where they talk about the legal ramifications of certain powers, and how mind reading ties into the Fourth Amendment and stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Heatwizard posted:

A package from a store I don't recognize? Aw yisssss

No name anywhere on it, so thanks, international man of mystery! :patriot:

Goddamnit I remember asking them to add a note on the gift wrapping.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh, man, MCB! I know something to add to my RL Christmas list now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Lightning round 1 gift ordered and awaiting fulfilment, should ship as soon as the robots in the Amazon warehouse find it and box it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNxiWo8gRRI :ocelot:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Apparently the gift for my main round santee was lost in the post, I've been refunded and I'm gonna resend it now.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Couldn't find the same thing I got before, so I got something slightly different, should arrive tomorrow! :)

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

Frozen_flame posted:

A random package was received today. Inside?

The story of Drink Dayglow!

Also pretty aweso-

CARD SLEEVES!

Thanks very much Santa Greyish Orange, you're the best.

Hopefully they're all of use to you at some point, MTG is drat hard to buy for!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
My gift from Santa has arrived! BEHOLD!

That's the Mardu Horde* intro deck for MTG, with all the cards from the two free boosters arranged so they can be checked out, plus a whole boatload of dice with new bags in which to carry them! It's perfect, hail Santa!

*For context for those that don't play wizard poker, the Mardu Horde group is featured in two of the other decks I own, meaning that all of the cards I have just received have a high degree of synergy with them, opening up a lot of options for deckbuilding.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That's from me. Uh, enjoy it I guess.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

*For context for those that don't play wizard poker, the Mardu Horde group is featured in two of the other decks I own, meaning that all of the cards I have just received have a high degree of synergy with them, opening up a lot of options for deckbuilding.

Deliberately chosen for that reason. Didn't realize the two boosters were going to be in there though. I was originally going to try to get you a pre-built Blue White deck (since the color question I e-mailed you said you liked blue :shobon: ) but I noticed that this pre-built deck would have a lot of synergy with your other pre-built decks from the block so I went with that instead.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 3, 2014

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey something came in the mail!

Thanks santa! I'd always meant to read Hawking and Resistance will be great for my game night on Saturday!

Also my package to my first giftee got returned to me in some kind of postal snafu, so I am mailing it back out.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
A things arrived!

Thanks Santa, you are awesome! I've been wanting to try out X-Wing for about a year, and I'm partway through rereading Necromancer so the need to Netrunner is high again :)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

IrvingWashington posted:

A things arrived!

Thanks Santa, you are awesome! I've been wanting to try out X-Wing for about a year, and I'm partway through rereading Necromancer so the need to Netrunner is high again :)

Hey, that was me! Glad you like them!

(Also, I realize this is the second time I've bought something by Fantasy Flight for secret santa. I swear I'm not a FFG plant)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

IrvingWashington posted:

A things arrived!

Thanks Santa, you are awesome! I've been wanting to try out X-Wing for about a year

The first hit is always free...

Now buy a second core set, an X-wing blister, a Tie Fighter blister, and, and, and.

Also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657860

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Couldn't find the same thing I got before, so I got something slightly different, should arrive tomorrow! :)
Quoting myself, but I got refunded for the gift that 'got lost in the post'. So if somehow it ends up arriving anyway, hey, free extra gift! :)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
A small but potent package has been shipped to my santee, it should arrive this weekend.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

Deliberately chosen for that reason. Didn't realize the two boosters were going to be in there though. I was originally going to try to get you a pre-built Blue White deck (since the color question I e-mailed you said you liked blue :shobon: ) but I noticed that this pre-built deck would have a lot of synergy with your other pre-built decks from the block so I went with that instead.

It works great, my other deck is White/Red, too (the Heroes deck of Heroes vs. Monsters), so I've got no shortage of options. Every intro deck comes with a pair of boosters now, to entice new players to get more cards to go with all the stuff from the boosters they can't use in the deck they just obtained.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Indolent Bastard posted:

The first hit is always free...

Now buy a second core set, an X-wing blister, a Tie Fighter blister, and, and, and.

Also: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657860

Haha! Thanks, bookmarked :)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

IrvingWashington posted:

Haha! Thanks, bookmarked :)
Me about 4 months ago: "Hey I'll just get an A-Wing and stuff that I like the look of..." :suicide:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Tekopo posted:

Me about 4 months ago: "Hey I'll just get an A-Wing and stuff that I like the look of..." :suicide:

Oh geez, now I just feel like an enabler.

Oh well, 'tis the season, I suppose!

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Spincut posted:

Oh geez, now I just feel like an enabler.

Oh well, 'tis the season, I suppose!

It's the gift that keeps on giving, sounds like. Thank you!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Greyish Orange posted:

Hopefully they're all of use to you at some point, MTG is drat hard to buy for!

Card sleeves and cards is the right way to go, and I'll definitely have use for the cards. Thanks again!

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Today a package arrived for me? What could it contain?

Kemet! Sweet! I'd been reading about this one and really wanted to give it a shot at the last con I went to but the scheduling didn't work out. Thank you Heatwizard! This will be a lot of fun to dig into with my regular board game group.

Our household emissary of Bast approves as well.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Does every single goon have a cat? There have been SO MANY cat pictures.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

jivjov posted:

Does every single goon have a cat? There have been SO MANY cat pictures.

It's more every cat has a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I have a dog, but she doesn't do anything amusing or photogenic with boxes.

• Locked thread