Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alternatively Mega Machamp is just Wonder Red with a 100-size Unite Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Aww, there isn't a mega-machamp. This is disappointing.

do i really need to post it again

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

do i really need to post it again

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I get the feeling they didn't go with Emerald as the base because Emerald had a high density of Double battles and for some reason lots of people don't like Doubles even though there's a lot more "play" to it.

It sucks too 'cause like half the 'Mons in the region learn multi-battle format moves (Heal Pulse, Helping Hand, Wide Guard, etc...) and there's only a handful of main game fights that make them useful. :(

I miss Emerald. :gbsmith:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They didn't go with Emerald because Emerald was too different from Ruby and Sapphire with regards to the Team Magma vs Team Aqua story.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It sucks because I really want to beat up both teams and now I had to choose.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Blhue posted:

Don't forget some secret base npcs will gather stones for you which can get you evo stones. Completely random but it's something

My strategy in X/Y was to breed a ton of oshawotts (or basically any starters not from X/Y/ORAS) and put them up on GTS for the evo stone pokemon, people go apeshit over those :shobon:

I'll probably do that in this since I mostly want to fill out my pokedex and don't give a poo poo about battling

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

It's the knee fists that make it.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does anyone have a spare Destiny Knot? These stupid Lovers couple won't give me one.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
John Cena's Machampite is reacting to The Dude's Mega Bracelet!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does anyone have a spare Destiny Knot? These stupid Lovers couple won't give me one.

Yes. I feel like we might already be friends? Maybe? What's your ign?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So I think I just rolled this Ray in Delta:
Rayquaza - #384 (Jolly)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 29
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 9
Speed: 30 - 31

That's according to metalkid's iv calculator. Does anyone have a better/different one?

The inputed stats:
HP / Att / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe
248 / 229 / 151 / 212 / 137 / 174

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 4, 2014

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Hi Briareus, long time no see.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

Yes. I feel like we might already be friends? Maybe? What's your ign?

IGN: Gen. In XY I was Clue so if that rings a bell. Give me a minute though, apparently there was an update I need to Download.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IGN: Gen. In XY I was Clue so if that rings a bell. Give me a minute though, apparently there was an update I need to Download.

Nope, not friends. If you're gonna be on in the next little while, add me (my code's on the last couple pages, hosed if I'm looking it up again) and get my attention with an o-power or some such poo poo, then I'll change over to X and come back.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

Nope, not friends. If you're gonna be on in the next little while, add me (my code's on the last couple pages, hosed if I'm looking it up again) and get my attention with an o-power or some such poo poo, then I'll change over to X and come back.

Coming online now, actually.

FC: 0989-2944-5596

EDIT: Thanks man. Gave you a 4 IV Adamant Snorunt, so hopefully you'll find some use for that.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 4, 2014

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

So I think I just rolled this Ray in Delta:
Rayquaza - #384 (Jolly)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 20 - 21
Def: 29
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 9
Speed: 30 - 31

That's according to metalkid's iv calculator. Does anyone have a better/different one?

The inputed stats:
HP / Att / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe
248 / 229 / 151 / 212 / 137 / 174

Those three 30-31s are 31s for sure cause of how legendaries are generated. I've been using Marriland's calculator.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dabir posted:

Those three 30-31s are 31s for sure cause of how legendaries are generated. I've been using Marriland's calculator.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the att and def mostly. I plan to keep this one since I hit a high enough defense and 20-21 Att is good enough.

Also, I used an Abra with Jolly and Synch to hit this nature and am basically guessing it's Jolly because I haven't finished the other battles.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Since Jolly affects both SpA and Speed, and they're both two of the three 31s, yeah it's got to be Jolly.

E: Holy poo poo someone just wonder traded me a shiny Bold Feebas with four egg moves, 6 perfect IVs, fully trained in HP, Def and the leftovers in SpDef, holding a prism scale, nicknamed 'Seraphina'. It's obviously hacked but I couldn't give less of a poo poo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The saddest thing about Gamefreak hating to reuse aspects is the lingering fear that Delta Episode will be the last time they attempt to write a story. Delta Episode was the best part of ORAS, Gamefreak, just like having actual characters was the best part of BW, stop ignoring the poo poo you do right.

In other news, Deoxys is meant to respawn on Sky Pillar if I stupidly didn't realize that Mega Rayquaza would OHKO it, right? It just will not reappear at all. Am I doing something wrong?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The saddest thing about Gamefreak hating to reuse aspects is the lingering fear that Delta Episode will be the last time they attempt to write a story. Delta Episode was the best part of ORAS, Gamefreak, just like having actual characters was the best part of BW, stop ignoring the poo poo you do right.

In other news, Deoxys is meant to respawn on Sky Pillar if I stupidly didn't realize that Mega Rayquaza would OHKO it, right? It just will not reappear at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Beat the E4 first. Also you're the first person I've heard of OHKOing that Deoxys instead of it being the other way around.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blaze Dragon posted:

Delta Episode is beyond awful and I hope they never do anything like it again. The thing they do right is design cool monsters you can feed cupcakes too and then use to beat the poo poo out of your friends cool monsters.

VVV The story is just as garbage and stupid as ever. Its not worth thinking about.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 4, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm thinking of getting Alpha Sapphire since I got Ruby in the past. What do people think of the updated story and its differences between versions? From what I can tell, key story differences that are just better in OR would be the only thing to sway me from AS, as I already have most of the exclusive pokemon, and the megas aren't split.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hey Kraken if you're still online can you toss me a Capture Power? I'm getting RNG'd by this suicune really badly. IGN: Gen.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Dabir posted:

Since Jolly affects both SpA and Speed, and they're both two of the three 31s, yeah it's got to be Jolly.

E: Holy poo poo someone just wonder traded me a shiny Bold Feebas with four egg moves, 6 perfect IVs, fully trained in HP, Def and the leftovers in SpDef, holding a prism scale, nicknamed 'Seraphina'. It's obviously hacked but I couldn't give less of a poo poo.

Cool, I read that fishing under the bridge on route 119 gets you Feebas between 7am-7pm.

In the last week I got a shiny Ampharos and Furret, I forgot those even existed.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I still liked this mega klingklang fake more.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChaosArgate posted:

Beat the E4 first. Also you're the first person I've heard of OHKOing that Deoxys instead of it being the other way around.

Dragon Ascent OHKOes Deoxys, it's fragile as hell. I guess being intelligent enough to predict this and using something else will get you OHKOed instead?

Rayquaza vs Deoxys is just a fight between two glass cannons, I guess. One trying to save the world while unfitting music plays, the other trying to just fall and maybe kill everyone, I dunno.

I hope we get to go to space again, going to space is cool and just being there for one cutscene and one battle was not enough for me.

Internet Kraken posted:

Delta Episode is beyond awful and I hope they never do anything like it again. The thing they do right is design cool monsters you can feed cupcakes too and then use to beat the poo poo out of your friends cool monsters.

Pokemon-Amie is boring as hell once you get over how cute it is. I used it to level faster so Winona wouldn't murder my mono-Grass team, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it in OR at all, Y gave me more than enough of it to get bored of it forever.

Delta Episode lets you ride a dragon god to space and destroy a meteor and save the world, plus follow a plot that isn't "beat eight gyms and then the champion, evil team does everything between the 7th and 8th Gym" for once. Zinnia is not well written, but apart from that the whole thing's great and unique for a series that, as incredibly fun as it is, has a bad habit of repeating itself over and over again.

I'd still like to have an actual story with actual characters the whole way, though, instead of remembering there's a story between the second to last and last Gym, and apart from that doing the same old tired thing again. But I guess Black/White will not happen again, so I just get happy when Gamefreak shows they actually have a grasp of how to write characters (Looker missions in XY) or story (Delta Episode in ORAS), even if it's just post-game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dragon Ascent OHKOes Deoxys, it's fragile as hell. I guess being intelligent enough to predict this and using something else will get you OHKOed instead?

My Mega-quaza didn't even get a chance to move. Literally I clicked on a move and then I got bodied by Hyper Beam.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Hmmm...everyone who hates the delta episode are also terrible posters, funny that

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Blaze Dragon posted:

Delta Episode lets you ride a dragon god to space and destroy a meteor and save the world, plus follow a plot that isn't "beat eight gyms and then the champion, evil team does everything between the 7th and 8th Gym" for once. Zinnia is not well written, but apart from that the whole thing's great and unique for a series that, as incredibly fun as it is, has a bad habit of repeating itself over and over again.

Zinnia being poorly written is a pretty big problem when the entire plot is carried on her shoulders. All you do is follow her around and watching her carry out the plan she inexplicably refuses to explain until the last minute. There's no tension at all since you can tell she is correct about everything right from the start. The second her plan actually doesn't work, the tension is immediately diffused by the hunk of rock you've been carrying around for half the game. Its pointless.

quote:

I'd still like to have an actual story with actual characters the whole way, though, instead of remembering there's a story between the second to last and last Gym, and apart from that doing the same old tired thing again. But I guess Black/White will not happen again, so I just get happy when Gamefreak shows they actually have a grasp of how to write characters (Looker missions in XY) or story (Delta Episode in ORAS), even if it's just post-game.

I'd like a Pokemon game with a good story, but I'm not gonna pretend Delta Episode is anything like that. Its garbage writing on top of garbage gameplay. All it did was delay my trip to the Battle Resort.

forbidden lesbian posted:

Hmmm...everyone who hates the delta episode are also terrible posters, funny that

This just means your taste in posts matches your terrible taste in writing.

VVV You're taking this very personally.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 4, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

This just means your taste in posts matches your terrible taste in writing.

-Noted poo poo poster, Internet Kraken trying desperately to own a Mod.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
There's like a 80% chance a bred pokemon will inherit its mother's ability, right? Because I'm hatching a shitton of Poison Point Budews when their mother has Natural Cure.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChaosArgate posted:

Please take that Milotic into Delta Episode, you are going to laugh so hard if you leave it up front.

Leave it up front when the evil team invades the space center

I did as you suggested and drat, you weren't kidding!

Their reaction to it was even better! They said their quintuple Intimidate strategy was unbeatable and accused me of cheating. :laugh:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChaosArgate posted:

My Mega-quaza didn't even get a chance to move. Literally I clicked on a move and then I got bodied by Hyper Beam.

My Mega Rayquaza attacked before Deoxys. Maybe you got really unlucky with the speed of yours? Mine doesn't even have a +Spd nature.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

There's like a 80% chance a bred pokemon will inherit its mother's ability, right? Because I'm hatching a shitton of Poison Point Budews when their mother has Natural Cure.

Be careful with how you're breeding. I think Everstone passes down the ability apart from nature, so if the father has that it might be the reason. Something like that happened while I was trying to breed a Druddigon, and I kept getting Inner Focus instead of Rough Skin (on the other hand, I ended up getting a shiny out of it, so it was well worth it). Of course, I might also be totally wrong, I can't find anything that backs up my claim. I might just be horribly unlucky.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I wish that using thief let your pokemon keep the items they stole after battle.

That way people could let their pokemon hold master balls so secret bases could be even more ridiculous.

Blaze Dragon posted:

My Mega Rayquaza attacked before Deoxys. Maybe you got really unlucky with the speed of yours? Mine doesn't even have a +Spd nature.
Mine didn't get to attack first and got slammed as well. No idea what the deal is with that.

By the way, can I go back to space and catch Deoxys if I caught Rayquaza but not Deoxys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ice_Mallet posted:

By the way, can I go back to space and catch Deoxys if I caught Rayquaza but not Deoxys?

Sky Pillar, not space. After rebeating E4.

• Locked thread