Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's kind of way better if you haven't done the Forged Alliances quest chain... :(

If you've done it, you're sent straight to the new planets - which is fine, you can easily manage them if you have OK gear.

But if you get to do the solo version of FA, you get:

2 full levels
a guaranteed recovered relic and manaan data
200k or so
~60 basic comms
~36 of the new elite comms
And a full set of 156 162 gear

EDIT: all that for about 1 hour worth of time and facerolling the content with the murder-bot.

Fixed that for you. Even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Honestly I'm planning to be lazy and keep using my purple stims from when 55 was the level cap. I'm still not planning to do anything harder than SM content so Bqhatevwr

Which state are you running in next, Senator? :allears:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

Oh do the ones you have retain their unlimited-use functionality? That's something, at least!

Uhhhhhh I didn't check but I sure hope so :ohdear:

Alter Ego posted:

Which state are you running in next, Senator? :allears:

I'm happy someone got that

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Alter Ego posted:

There is virtually NO reason not to do it if you haven't already done the quest chain. Shitloads of loot, enough XP to go up 2 levels at least, and Jesus Droid. I'm practically functionally retarded, and I did it in about 2 hours (had to restart Manaan three times because Jesus Droid kept glitching). I didn't even hit Rishi until halfway through level 58, and I hit 60 just as the quest where Theron gets captured came up.

I realize it's really antisocial of me to think this, but more solo flashpoint options please Bioware.

You get better loot doing Rishi, BUT using Jesus Droid is hilariously fun and solo FPs are really neat. Solo FPs are basically stuff that you would've gotten in a 'proper' KOTOR 3.

Edit:
What's the point of HM FPs now? Is it just gearing filler while you wait on raid lockouts? I'm confused on what tasks award 186s vs 192s.

But in reality I could care less about gear - I just want some sweet Stronghold decorations and mounts.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 3, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Heads up, Doonium, a purple level 11 Underworld metal, is selling for 90k each at minimum. I post mine last night, it sold out by now, and most of the other offers sold as well.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

There is virtually NO reason not to do it if you haven't already done the quest chain. Shitloads of loot, enough XP to go up 2 levels at least, and Jesus Droid.

Yup. You also get to learn your new rotation and look at the fancy new animations for your class.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

Heads up, Doonium, a purple level 11 Underworld metal, is selling for 90k each at minimum. I post mine last night, it sold out by now, and most of the other offers sold as well.

Yeah I've got 7 characters doing UT and have only gotten like 4 of those so far. :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Uhhhhhh I didn't check but I sure hope so :ohdear:

I'm happy someone got that

You and I are both from MA, are we not? Do you know if the Herald ever did get to the bottom of Elizabeth Warren's REAL heritage? :v:

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yup. You also get to learn your new rotation and look at the fancy new animations for your class.

Sadly, as a sniper I get no new animations. Just different speeds of *pew pew pew*.

Marksman got Penetrating Blasts though which is basically a faster, better Series of Shots.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I get some sort of goofy rear end wave gun. In exchange for losing my ability to call down fire from the heavens.

I'm not bitter.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Blhue posted:

I get some sort of goofy rear end wave gun. In exchange for losing my ability to call down fire from the heavens.

I'm not bitter.

I get to keep Orbital Strike :smug:

As long as I'm in cover, of course, which makes no sense.

And snipers can now even shoot OUT of cover, which makes even less sense. You're basically a goddamn turret. Cover grants you Ballistic Dampers AND immunity to interrupts. Why on EARTH would you use Ambush/Snipe/whatever without dropping into cover?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I need to do an FP and see how my healing stacks up to from before. I have new passives on some of my major heals, and can't really pinpoint where my healing was nerfed aside from surgical probe taking a whole 5 energy now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

I need to do an FP and see how my healing stacks up to from before. I have new passives on some of my major heals, and can't really pinpoint where my healing was nerfed aside from surgical probe taking a whole 5 energy now.

Hit 60, I'll do one of the 60s with ya tonight.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm about halfway through 58 after last night so not too far off.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Oh, a tip that may have been mentioned here before: Encrypted Datacubes. When the ROTHC expansion came out, the Contraband cartel packs were dropping 8 Encrypted Datacubes. Each one opened a mini-quest to go to Nar Shaddaa, watch a holovideo from the Shroud's personal data files, and get a reward - some money in the form of a "Credit Boom" which was promptly removed for being too much, a 3-hour XP boost or a 3-hour PVP XP boost. Oh, and if you got all 8 cubes, you got an outfit of moddable armour.

Anyways, these things are cheap to unlock with cartel coins in your collections. I unlocked all mine so every toon gets 8 major XP boosts, in addition to whatever bound class/planetary quest rewards they had left over (my first toon finished with 6 major XP boosts and 4 minor ones, don't ask me what exactly I thought I was saving them for). Hit 60 even faster.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just realized--the SWTOR LP thread now gets to do Forged Alliances, Rishi and Yavin 4.

Can't wait to see how they handle Murderbot.

Darfuri War Orphan
Feb 28, 2006

My, Earth really is full of things!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's totally reasonable to not be OK with the social order, even if it gives you personal advantages. Just like you can be a straight white man in America and still think oppressing other people is not cool. You can support equality out of sheer pragmatism. You can very reasonably conclude that the Empire's greatest weakness is infighting, and that the other Sith are crazy.

Also, the light-side warrior story is really cool and interesting! I recommend it!

P.S. Don't feel obligated to play on rails and pick 100% light side or dark side. If you're in it for the story, pick the responses that you think are appropriate for your character, and you will have more fun. You might decide that your pureblood is a little bit racist but otherwise not evil. That could be interesting. Alignment points are not very important, and really easy to farm later if you care.

While your post did shed some interesting light on how to RP well in this game, my question was not so much whether or not a light-sider SW Sith Pureblood is RP-able, but whether or not it might incur a lot of "cringey" moments given the dialogue scripts, lore and other such "unavoidables" of the class story for me to play a Sith Pureblood SW while also picking mostly light-side dialogue options.

Really cool take on your own Chiss Agent, though. Not sure if I could dedicate myself to RP-ing several Chiss playthroughs as though my character has different "disguises," but more power to you. That second outfit has a cool "Chiss pop-star" look to it.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Darfuri War Orphan posted:

While your post did shed some interesting light on how to RP well in this game, my question was not so much whether or not a light-sider SW Sith Pureblood is RP-able, but whether or not it might incur a lot of "cringey" moments given the dialogue scripts, lore and other such "unavoidables" of the class story for me to play a Sith Pureblood SW while also picking mostly light-side dialogue options.

Really cool take on your own Chiss Agent, though. Not sure if I could dedicate myself to RP-ing several Chiss playthroughs as though my character has different "disguises," but more power to you. That second outfit has a cool "Chiss pop-star" look to it.

I played through the SW story as a LS Pureblood Sith and enjoyed it a lot, didn't seem cringe-worthy at all. You mainly come across as having a sense of honor, which doesn't feel incongruous at all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The one nice thing about reusables going away is that I don't have to worry about leveling all of my alts' Biochem to 500, it can stay at 450. That's gonna save some cash.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Medullah posted:

The one nice thing about reusables going away is that I don't have to worry about leveling all of my alts' Biochem to 500, it can stay at 450. That's gonna save some cash.

Have you looked at crafting in any depth at all? If there's no more good <you must have this profession to use this item> stuff, I'm tempted to dump all but one of my character's biochem skills for another gathering one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bedurndurn posted:

Have you looked at crafting in any depth at all? If there's no more good <you must have this profession to use this item> stuff, I'm tempted to dump all but one of my character's biochem skills for another gathering one.

Yeah it actually looks like you're good to stay at 450 unless you really want to craft mods/enhancements/etc.

I'm pretty pumped, Artifice has BoE relics at 490. They're green, but I'm assuming they can be RE'd to purple. I'm hopping on that right away.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

I did a LS Twi'lek Sorcerer to 55, a DS Human Warrior to 55 and a LS Sith Warrior to... halfway through Chapter 2, I think. I wanted the Light Side Jaesa achievements, then I deleted that character when I got them.

As I remember it, your race is acknowledged occasionally in dialogue (as are Twi'lek and Chiss) but all LS and DS choices are handled pretty much equally well and even as a Sith pureblood the light side choices don't seem incongruous in context. I can only recall one minor sidequest that gave me pause as a light sider, and then I realized I could just skip it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm gonna need those Vectron Biochem speeder schematics...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

I'm gonna need those Vectron Biochem speeder schematics...

I will send you one, I think I have extras

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I will send you one, I think I have extras

There's only one of those, right? You don't need multiple pieces like that GSI speeder?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Iron Tusk posted:

You're lucky. I think I've done it at least 12 times and never have been able to fight though the bugs.

Found this on Reddit (worked for me):

THE FIGHT IS CURRENTLY BUGGED
The orbs don't spawn the second time, causing a wipe. To avoid this, you have to have a character or companion who can taunt. Basically you need to keep the boss's aggro on you/your comp at all times, starting when the boss is at 67% or so. I did it on my DPS Jugg, but swapped back to tank stance so I could use my single then AOE taunt.

(basically taunt at 67% and again at 33%)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

There's only one of those, right? You don't need multiple pieces like that GSI speeder?

No, they're standard purple Cybertech schematics. Require an rear end ton of mats.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

No, they're standard purple Cybertech schematics. Require an rear end ton of mats.

Aw poo poo...how many metric asstons we talking?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
6 asses worth

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Blhue posted:

6 asses worth

That's a lot of rear end.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I'm only considering coming back to this because I'd like to see some resolution to my character's stories. Have I missed the window on the 12x experience for story missions?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

A Lamer posted:

I'm only considering coming back to this because I'd like to see some resolution to my character's stories. Have I missed the window on the 12x experience for story missions?

Yep, that bird has flown. I would love for them to bring it back as a consumable in the store as I want to see every class story RIGHT NOW.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I just realized that Jakaroos droid (C2-D4?) is voiced by Dr Venture so FA is winner in my book. I'm loving FA atm and cant wait to get stuck into SoR.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Tezzeract posted:

Now that 12X XP is over, this might not be the case since you'll run out of missions.

If you really wanted to turbo level, I think Ilum opens up and it's a small storyline tied to some dailies that give huge XP. Basically you're back to daily quest spamming (PVP, Flashpoint, daily quest hubs) and Kuat Drive Yards.

These are some daily hubs - Ilum, Belsavis bonus series, Section X, Black Hole and when you're 53ish, Czerka. The good thing about daily hubs is that the traveling is minimized and the quests flow pretty well.

And yeah I've been there too. The game feels huge and the story is a slow rolling TV episode on each planet. You'll get there soon enough - it's not worth stressing out about.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help :shobon: Think I'm gonna hit Makeb and explore for a little bit for some easy headstart exp and then I'll head off to Cordelia or Ilum.

Also yeah, I'll start taking it slower. Having lovely gear for your level in this game makes it way harder than it needs to be, and I really should just enjoy the story.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sorry if I was kinda indirect in answering your question, but I was trying to say that the dialogue options for a light-side warrior tend to work fine. I like to come up with a basic character concept or motivation and pick dialogue choices based on that, and it's really rare for something to come up that feels totally wrong for my character to say. That's even if my character concept is totally out-there like a smuggler who's actually a spy for the chiss. An honorable Sith is not too out-there and will work fine. My light-side warrior was not a pureblood so I didn't get to see any of the race-specific dialogue, but in general the light-side choices made a lot of sense.

Playing through as a dark-side Jedi Knight did feel a little nonsensical when I tried it. I pretty much stuck to all of the most evil choices - out of curiosity, more than any sort of RP concept - and that character came across like a crazy person with really inconsistent morals. The light-side warrior felt way more like somebody with a solid sense of purpose. I was actually surprised at how deep the story got into the worldview of a Sith Lord who's not evil. Particularly in some of the scenes with Jaesa and some duels with Jedi, you can tell the writers put a lot of thought into the light-side warrior. I had a great time playing through that story.

Remember: if you ever do feel like your character said the wrong thing, you can hit Esc and do the conversation over.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I saw my brother become darth rear end in a top hat with mostly dark side choices as a warrior, and I decided to make one who did the opposite. A Sith Pureblood who didn't kill out of pointless cruelty, and rather as a guy who basically says "I defeated you, you work for me now, and I will have need of you someday", and it was actually really good, and I did not know that the companion at the end of Chapter 1 that you get can be either Light or dark depending on your story choices, at least not until I heard the dialogue and checked the legacy thing.

still, I did do some dark choices here and there. that spectacular murder spree animation in nar shadda was worth it, and some quests I can just dodge the bullshit by getting what i want.

Also on that note, doing Solo flashpoint with two people is a blast, and I love that the robots hold their rifles in the air and shoot as a taunt.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 4, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I learned the new 186 Relics of Serendipitous Assault and Reactive Warding, if anyone wants them...I'll need the purple treasure hunting mats (or a 500 mission), and could really use the Archaeology mats too.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

I actually really like how the Sith Warrior can either "just" be an honorable Sith or basically just a Jedi depending on which light side options you pick. It's a nice distinction for Force sensitive characters who might disagree with the Jedi code but aren't super keen on mass murdering innocents, either.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Sombrerotron posted:

Oh do the ones you have retain their unlimited-use functionality? That's something, at least!

You can presumably still make the level 55 reusable biochem stuff, it's just that when they added new recipes they didn't add any new reusable ones, so you're stuck using a medkit/stimes 5 levels below cap if you want it to be reusable now.

shadok posted:

Oh, a tip that may have been mentioned here before: Encrypted Datacubes. When the ROTHC expansion came out, the Contraband cartel packs were dropping 8 Encrypted Datacubes. Each one opened a mini-quest to go to Nar Shaddaa, watch a holovideo from the Shroud's personal data files, and get a reward - some money in the form of a "Credit Boom" which was promptly removed for being too much, a 3-hour XP boost or a 3-hour PVP XP boost. Oh, and if you got all 8 cubes, you got an outfit of moddable armour.

Anyways, these things are cheap to unlock with cartel coins in your collections. I unlocked all mine so every toon gets 8 major XP boosts, in addition to whatever bound class/planetary quest rewards they had left over (my first toon finished with 6 major XP boosts and 4 minor ones, don't ask me what exactly I thought I was saving them for). Hit 60 even faster.

Problem is I have one or two of these from last time I played, but they are apparently ridiculously expensive to get on the GTN now. :negative:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 4, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

I learned the new 186 Relics of Serendipitous Assault and Reactive Warding, if anyone wants them...I'll need the purple treasure hunting mats (or a 500 mission), and could really use the Archaeology mats too.

What's the recipe need?

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This is bullshit, my assassin just force choked someone. Why does Bioware hate lightning?

• Locked thread