Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

RFC2324 posted:

The death panel is facebook.

Its worse than the republicans ever predicted.

This would be a great sci-fi story though. It plays on the eternal popularity contest of social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

RFC2324 posted:

The death panel is facebook.

Send me a fence section for my Farmville bitch, or you're a loving dead man.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ibntumart posted:

More in the restaurant STDH vein:

Got my jaw dislocated, but it was the best anniversary dinner ever!
Seriously do people not understand law? If she seriously slapped you and dislocated your jaw, its assault! Open-and-shut case.

You want a sick STDH bon mot? "You've been served!"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Story on facebook, not your typical STDH but something about this feels really wrong

http://foxct.com/2014/12/02/santa-and-elf-fired-after-turning-away-autistic-girl-with-pit-bull-service-dog/

quote:

A little girl was turned away while trying to visit a Christmas display at The Shops at Mission Viejo because she had a pit bull with her as a service dog. Abcde Santos–pronounced “Ab-suh-Dee”–was with her family and Pupcake, who she has had with her since 2009, when, according to a Facebook page dedicated to Pupcake the Service Dog, Santa refused to take a picture wit her because “those dogs eat people.”

The Facebook page says that Abcde’s mom offered to take Pupcake out of the mall completely and even asked if Santa would just smile and wave at Abcde, but Santa said “No because they support those dogs.” The family explained the laws regarding service dogs, at which point they say Santa suddenly said he was allergic.

The page further states that Abcde was going to ask Santa what he wanted for Christmas so that she could make it for him.

On Pupcake’s Facebook page’s “about me” section it describes the journey the two have taken together. According to the page, which is written from Pupcake’s point of view, doctors told her family she wouldn’t be able to bond or make emotional connections. After Pupcake joined the family the two became best friends. “There is no Abcde without pup, they were born the moment they met,” the page says Mr. Santos said.

What kind of a name is "Abcde" !? That's not a name that's the start of the alphabet. Makes me really question her parents' judgement.

Maybe I'm a terrible person for doubting this poor autistic girl, but I feel like everybody's just eating the story up as a result and nobody's giving it any scrutiny.

I just can't see a scenario where a mall Santa is saying "Sorry m'am but I can't wave to your daughter, she supports THOSE dogs"
Also this family is clearly nuts about their dog, it has its own facebook page written from the dog's point of view.
What do you want to bet the parents are just really passionate about Pit Bulls and got in a fight with Mall Santa and then made the rest up?

Maybe there really is this guy who signed up to be a mall santa but really hates Pit Bulls and Pit Bull owners, I don't know. The whole story just seems crazy.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Dec 3, 2014

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Wow that sounds like one of those fake names that's always in those racist email forwards.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Zaphod42 posted:

Story on facebook, not your typical STDH but something about this feels really wrong

http://foxct.com/2014/12/02/santa-and-elf-fired-after-turning-away-autistic-girl-with-pit-bull-service-dog/

What kind of a name is "Abcde"

"Abcde" is a name for a pet given by a small child that has no concept of naming. FWIW, it's a pretty cute name.

fistful of hammers
Nov 11, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Story on facebook, not your typical STDH but something about this feels really wrong...

Evidently this isn't the first time this has happened to this family:
http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/toms-farms-accused-of-discrimination-against-pit-bull-service-dog

I have a pit bull, myself, but this all just seems like a bit much. One story is questionable yet semi-believable, but two makes it go into STDH territory for me.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Rick_Hunter posted:

"Abcde" is a name for a pet given by a small child that has no concept of naming. FWIW, it's a pretty cute name.

Calling her a pet is incredibly hosed up dude.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Zaphod42 posted:

What kind of a name is "Abcde" !? That's not a name that's the start of the alphabet. Makes me really question her parents' judgement.

It's one of those things like Le-a where someone's aunt's sister's neighbor totally knew someone with that name. It kept cropping up in the PYF Terrible Names thread so often that it was banned.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Rick_Hunter posted:

It's the kid's name dude. The dog is pupcake.

Yeah, it took me a while too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Children are well-known for their clever wordplay.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Non Serviam posted:

It's the kid's name dude. The dog is pupcake.

Yeah, it took me a while too.

Ok. That is hosed up. Maybe the parents have the mental capacity of a small child.

poo poo: DIDN'T HAPPEN.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

hyperhazard posted:

It's one of those things like Le-a where someone's aunt's sister's neighbor totally knew someone with that name. It kept cropping up in the PYF Terrible Names thread so often that it was banned.

I'm pretty sure that story was in Freaconomics which is full of stdh that people accept as facts.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

fistful of hammers posted:

Evidently this isn't the first time this has happened to this family:
http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/toms-farms-accused-of-discrimination-against-pit-bull-service-dog

I have a pit bull, myself, but this all just seems like a bit much. One story is questionable yet semi-believable, but two makes it go into STDH territory for me.

If only it was the daughter of that mommy blogger...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
When I was in my Freshman year of high school, i went to a party at a friends house. It wasn't a high school party, in the typical sense. It was very tame, a bunch of kids eating chips and swimming in a pool. But as with all things innocent there are those dissenters among the crowd who insist on their fun.

I would say I was one of them.

It all started when the hostess of the innocent gathering brought out some blue alcoholic mixture she had pilfered from her parents. Suddenly you saw the gleam in this group of girls eyes. In that moment I was starting into the eyes of the future alcoholics of America.

Like a child on the breast they sucked it all dry, leaving most of us sober. So as I am looking around at this group of jits, I pick the one who looks most unsavory (in all reality the girls was pretty innocent in public) but I knew she would be the one. Lets call her Nicole. 

I asked her if she knew where we could get more alcohol and she said yes. Nicole calls her dude and arranges to meet in the parking lot of a local church. I immediately get a bad feeling about this whole thing, and being as Nicole is a rather petite person, I decided to go with her. Lets just say I'm not easy to kidnap. 

When we walk up the first thing I see is the fact that this dude drives a black pick up truck, full of pool cleaning equipment. OK, that's not so creepy, maybe he is like some type of male pool servant who wears his speedo for rich stay at home moms to ogle him while he maintains their cement ponds.
I mean, who should I expect. Well, I expected some one in there lower 20's, probably some type of collegiate. Who else would this girl know who would buy her alcohol at her whim? Apparently 35 year old Black men do. Good thing I came, other wise Nicole was looking like she'd be washing up in a swamp somewhere.

As we get in the truck with him all I can think of is what my mother told me when I was a little girl. “don't get in the car with strangers”

The guy drives us down to the liquor store and goes in with the 25 dollars we had gotten from the hostess to fund our excursion. During the literal half hour it took him to buy the vodka, I sat with Nicole informing her of what a terrible decision it was for both of us to go with this man. I told her exactly what he could have done to her had I not come with her, and by the time he gets back I have Nicole about ready to piss herself. And god dang it she needed to be.

We eventually have him drop us back off at the church and make our way back to the party. I then made a hasty retreat out the back door, bottle in bag, and then find my way home. Yes, I stole her vodka. Yes, It was delicious.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

When I was in my Freshman year of high school, i went to a party at a friends house. It wasn't a high school party, in the typical sense. It was very tame, a bunch of kids eating chips and swimming in a pool. But as with all things innocent there are those dissenters among the crowd who insist on their fun.

I would say I was one of them.

It all started when the hostess of the innocent gathering brought out some blue alcoholic mixture she had pilfered from her parents. Suddenly you saw the gleam in this group of girls eyes. In that moment I was starting into the eyes of the future alcoholics of America.

Like a child on the breast they sucked it all dry, leaving most of us sober. So as I am looking around at this group of jits, I pick the one who looks most unsavory (in all reality the girls was pretty innocent in public) but I knew she would be the one. Lets call her Nicole. 

I asked her if she knew where we could get more alcohol and she said yes. Nicole calls her dude and arranges to meet in the parking lot of a local church. I immediately get a bad feeling about this whole thing, and being as Nicole is a rather petite person, I decided to go with her. Lets just say I'm not easy to kidnap. 

When we walk up the first thing I see is the fact that this dude drives a black pick up truck, full of pool cleaning equipment. OK, that's not so creepy, maybe he is like some type of male pool servant who wears his speedo for rich stay at home moms to ogle him while he maintains their cement ponds.
I mean, who should I expect. Well, I expected some one in there lower 20's, probably some type of collegiate. Who else would this girl know who would buy her alcohol at her whim? Apparently 35 year old Black men do. Good thing I came, other wise Nicole was looking like she'd be washing up in a swamp somewhere.

As we get in the truck with him all I can think of is what my mother told me when I was a little girl. “don't get in the car with strangers”

The guy drives us down to the liquor store and goes in with the 25 dollars we had gotten from the hostess to fund our excursion. During the literal half hour it took him to buy the vodka, I sat with Nicole informing her of what a terrible decision it was for both of us to go with this man. I told her exactly what he could have done to her had I not come with her, and by the time he gets back I have Nicole about ready to piss herself. And god dang it she needed to be.

We eventually have him drop us back off at the church and make our way back to the party. I then made a hasty retreat out the back door, bottle in bag, and then find my way home. Yes, I stole her vodka. Yes, It was delicious.

Even in the context of this story the black guy is only guilty of buying some teens booze, what am I meant to learn from this parable...

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That's only a "story" in the most basic sense.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

david... posted:

what am I meant to learn from this parable...

If you want to kidnap this guy, bring a forklift.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tunicate posted:

If you want to kidnap this guy, bring a forklift.

Refers to herself as a girl surprisingly "all I could think of was what my mother had told me as a little girl"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EmmyOk posted:

Refers to herself as a girl surprisingly "all I could think of was what my mother had told me as a little girl"

That kind of makes it worse, what with the thinly-veiling slutshaming

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

david... posted:

Even in the context of this story the black guy is only guilty of buying some teens booze, what am I meant to learn from this parable...

And our heroine protected the girl by stealing her vodka

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

And our heroine protected the girl by stealing her vodka

Not just any vodka, delicious vodka.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That's redundant.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
biblecorn, where did this fine story originate?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

biblecorn, where did this fine story originate?

STORG

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

watho posted:

I'm pretty sure that story was in Freaconomics which is full of stdh that people accept as facts.

No, they went through census records to talk about weird names, and mentioned that no one named Le-a was every born in California. You might be thinking of the story of the brothers Winner Lane and Loser Lane, or the fact that there are hundreds of people named Unique.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Chamale posted:

No, they went through census records to talk about weird names, and mentioned that no one named Le-a was every born in California. You might be thinking of the story of the brothers Winner Lane and Loser Lane, or the fact that there are hundreds of people named Unique.

Maybe. It's been almost a decade at this point.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

The Mommy’s Curse
Middle School | OH, USA | Bad Behavior, Language & Words, Parents

(I am in a conference with a parent of a seventh grade boy. He is very smart in math but has the bad habit of ‘going off': loud cursing and using the N-word in reference to himself and classmates. Detention helped some, but I didn’t want to give him any more detentions because then he would get suspended. Note: the student is with the mom during the conference.)

Me: “[Student] is very smart; he is one of my best students and certainly the top math student in seventh grade. He really seems to enjoy the class and always participates. However, sometimes when he gets a bit upset at his classmates disrupting the class, he starts shouting and cursing, including using lots of racial slurs. He responds well to my direction to stop usually but I’m afraid it has become habitual. [Student] has such potential for his future and it is important for him to know this is not appropriate in a school or work environment. Will you work with him about this at home?”

Mom: “I’ll work with this little n**** right now!” *smacks her son on the back of the head* “DON’T YOU EVER use that godd*** language in this f****** school, you dumb motherf****er! S***, I didn’t take off work to hear about your black a** acting the fool! You told me you were doing good in math! Lying-a** n****!”

Me: “…”

Mom: “I’m so godd*** mad right now! This little n***** has worked my last nerve! I don’t know where he gets this from. Nobody in my f******* family even curses!”
(503 Thumbs Up!)
Very consistent asterisk use.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tunicate posted:

Very consistent asterisk use.

The weird thing is, they're actually Chinese.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
While we're on the subject of assholes getting cranked to 11

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

I made it to "I had commissioned a popular artist that I really like to draw sketches of each of my family members/friends anal voring me" before I completely lost it.

:magical: there are no words.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah, this is really stdh. In that it didn't.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So what, is anal vore getting stuck up somebodies rear end or is it the other way around?

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Testekill posted:

So what, is anal vore getting stuck up somebodies rear end or is it the other way around?

Somebody's rear end getting stuck up you?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Testekill posted:

Vanilla vore is typically being swallowed whole, so I suppose anal vore is just being sucked up entirely.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Testekill posted:

Stuck up somebody's rear end/Sticking someone up your rear end. (To each his own)

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

hyperhazard posted:

I'm friends with lots of teachers and every last one of them swears they know another totally not racist teacher who had a heavily-implied-to-be-a-local-ethnic-minority child named Oranjello, Le-A, twins Male and Female, ad nauseum. At least Abcde is a new one.

E: Whatever the guy in the coming-out pizza party is into, that story is loving amazing and in my heart, I want it to be true (the Brony variant at least, only because I feel bad for this imaginary guy's imaginary family and hope they were stuck in a comparatively less awful situation.)

"I've gathered you all here to talk about my weird obsession with a show meant for preteen girls/truly, deeply horrifying fetish. Enjoy these commissioned drawings of what your Ponysonas would be/you with my head shoved up your anuses foreverally and loving it."

Rahonavis has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Dec 5, 2014

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

It reads like a find replace where the swapped brony for anal vore

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

david... posted:

It reads like a find replace where the swapped brony for anal vore

You know what? I actually didn't think of it that way. Looking at it again, it does seem like someone took a post about coming out as a Brony and made it about liking people getting stuck up their butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Evilreaver posted:

Vanilla vore is typically being swallowed whole, so I suppose anal vore is just being sucked up entirely.

I still don't understand and I don't want to look it up :(

• Locked thread