Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I like face Rowan, its been a while since we had a good "Forest Gump but a Wrestler" gimmick.

Yeah, except he isn't any good at actually wrestling, and his storyline now retroactively makes no sense. As Wily E. loving Coyote, super-genius, there's no reason for him to have hung out with a backwoods hillbilly preacher-man.

His Dropkick Murphys soundalike music is rull good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
This is my preferred R-Truth gimmick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I like face Rowan, its been a while since we had a good "Forest Gump but a Wrestler" gimmick.

You mean since Eugene?

Onmi posted:

Probably himself, If he's smart and saved money.

Ooooh I wonder if they'll turn his whole thing into an episode of SVU. :allears:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 4, 2014

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tables, Ladders, Chairs, Stairs and Substances

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose is a TLC, (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs) match, then how exactly does one win it? Neither men have a belt, so there is nothing to hang from the ceiling. In all previous TLC matches there has been something hanging in order to get, essentially a ladder match with tables and chairs thrown in.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jan Hooks deserved a way better career than she got. She just didn't reach for the brass ring I guess.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jiro posted:

So is WWE footing the bill or is Slater ponying up the money I wonder. The guy is as high profile a lawyer as it gets lately.

I imagine his thinking is,"I can make a pretty good living as WWE's go-to jobber for the next 20 years if I get off these charges by ponying up for an amazing lawyer... or I can hire a cheaper lawyer, go to jail for a couple of years and then spend the rest of my life scraping by on the indies because I have no other marketable skills and a criminal conviction."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Punk part 2 is up

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Didn't Forrest Gump become a wrestler in the original books

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Punk part 2 is up

Is there a direct link by any chance? Site appears to have crashed already :stare:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
He hates bullies. Wyatt spoke about tearing down the machine and salvation and it struck a chord with Rowan and he joined the family. Somewhere down the line, their plans of bringing about Utopia got waylaid by John Cena.

Then Erick was set free. Vince discovered the existence of Rubik's Cubes and fermented grape juice while needing a guy to replace Beaker so there ya go.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Daniel Bryan posted:

Punk part 2 is up

Holy poo poo I can't wait to listen. The podcast world has been pretty drat interesting these past two weeks.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Colt was smart and uploaded this week's show to Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Jerusalem posted:

Is there a direct link by any chance? Site appears to have crashed already :stare:

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Colt was smart and uploaded this week's show to Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

Awesome, thank you.

Edit: You too, Fat Loxtax.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Everblight posted:

Then again, he's T.I.'s lawyer, and T.I. went to jail.

T.I is also black, which is a pretty large modifier in the justice system.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

I have a download going right now from here. The index at http://www.tsmradio.com/colthold2/ says it's 108Mb.

edit: Oh look, other posts. Thanks for that, the one I posted tapped out after around 15Mb.

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 6, 2014

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
it is now canon: CM Punk is dismayed when people chant his name at AJ

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The worst news.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
You gotta make Roman look strong.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Solomonic posted:

it is now canon: CM Punk is dismayed when people chant his name at AJ
And never saw Jurassic Park til recently, and Colt is wrong when he said it didn't hold up, Colt that movie is perfect drat it!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also Punk now owns the supermarket manager's house :haw:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

Breaking News: WWE has officially changed the name of the PPV to "TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs"

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc

now our jokes about it are even less funny because its true now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ladders are similar to stairs

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Is Heath Slater black?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE wanted Sheamus on the cover of WWE '13.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Of course, it all makes sense now. According to WWE Supercard CM Punk is Erick Rowan, and we all know Erick Rowan is an upside down Sheamus. Sheamus being CM Punk on the WWE 13 cover brings it all full circle.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I guess that ship's sailed. Upside-down Sheamus for WWE 2K16.

e: haha, goddamnit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They pulled him from a convention he was gonna get paid 20k for, he demanded he get paid 20k for working the house shows they put him in instead, they agreed.... and he got paid 5k :doh:

Edit: Oh my God one of the sponsorship deals he was going to get was for Slim Jims :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 4, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

They pulled him from a convention he was gonna get paid 20k for, he demanded he get paid 20k for working the house shows they put him in instead, they agreed.... and he got paid 5k :doh:

and then when he asked for the difference, they cut him a $4k check.

:downs:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress you, eat a Slim Jim.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man god Michael Hayes is a massive rear end in a top hat

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

BrigadierSensible posted:

If Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose is a TLC, (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs) match, then how exactly does one win it? Neither men have a belt, so there is nothing to hang from the ceiling. In all previous TLC matches there has been something hanging in order to get, essentially a ladder match with tables and chairs thrown in.

Shield versus Team Hell No and DA BIG GUY in 2012 was a TLC match, but with pinfalls or submissions. I'm tempted to think this is going to be the same thing. OR, hang the rocking chair from the ceiling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well that was really good, and yeah I have no doubt that he's about as done as done can be. Hope he continues to live a happy and relaxed life.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know how this company continues to function, but then again soulless corporations that treat their workers like poo poo often last while companies that treat their workers with human decency seem to die out far quicker.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Punk part 2 is up

Sweet, gonna listen to this now. :dance:

BigRed0427 posted:

"Guard! Sick Man! We need a World title reign."

I just wanted to give this reference some love. :allears:

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Dexo posted:

T.I. got a ridiculously light sentence considering the charges against him. Also there was pretty much no way he could of gotten away completely unscathed in that situation. This lawyers pretty drat good.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Punk killed the video game sponsorship.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Punk joked about working the Young Bucks at PWG and now I want that to happen. But, it won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's ok to chant CM Punk!
"Just chant it against the guys that loving suck and wear lifts in their boots."

• Locked thread