Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Good. We need another sweet abandoned city in Eastern Europe for the setting of the next Call of Duty game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Zone is growing. :tinfoil:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The Zone is growing. :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpSg4n6lGo

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Google news running a story through Vice, Al-Bawaba, Telegraph and Gulf News that Iran has launched airstrikes against ISIL. Al-Jqzeera ran footage of what looks like a mcdonnell douglas F-4 Phantom striking ISIL targets.

US is denying coordinating anything with Iran. Iran denies cooperation with US but says "no change to irans policy of providing support and advice to Iraqi officals in the fight against Daesh"

Reuters cites a senior Iranian offical denying the bombings completely, "Iran has never been involved in any airstrike against IS targets in Iraq"

No link to video, phone posting :(

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Waroduce posted:

Google news running a story through Vice, Al-Bawaba, Telegraph and Gulf News that Iran has launched airstrikes against ISIL. Al-Jqzeera ran footage of what looks like a mcdonnell douglas F-4 Phantom striking ISIL targets.

US is denying coordinating anything with Iran. Iran denies cooperation with US but says "no change to irans policy of providing support and advice to Iraqi officals in the fight against Daesh"

Reuters cites a senior Iranian offical denying the bombings completely, "Iran has never been involved in any airstrike against IS targets in Iraq"

No link to video, phone posting :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...me-9899487.html

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How the hell do they keep F-4's in fighting form 35 years after we quit selling them spares?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the hell do they keep F-4's in fighting form 35 years after we quit selling them spares?

Duct tape

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

F-4s are awesome planes that refuse to die. They're powered by the souls of napalmed babies.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

Probably buying spare parts from one of the dozens of countries that have had their moth-balled and parted out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Inshallah

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

F-4s are awesome planes that refuse to die. They're powered by the souls of napalmed babies.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're one step closer to one F-22 owning 4 Phantoms, which is sad because Phantoms are loving awesome.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Plenty of room for everybody to get their kill-on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I welcome Iran stepping up against this poo poo. It's about time we get the gently caress out and let the locals sort this poo poo out. Bail out, let Turkey and Iran divy up what's left.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
At least we finally get to see what wins those age old Cold War disputes now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

psydude posted:

Good. We need another sweet abandoned city in Eastern Europe for the setting of the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R game.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Luckily they have large neighbor with the manpower and resources to help them secure it and clean it up.

or else

holocaust bloopers posted:

We're one step closer to one F-22 owning 4 Phantoms, which is sad because Phantoms are loving awesome.

6 Phantoms.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I welcome Iran stepping up against this poo poo. It's about time we get the gently caress out and let the locals sort this poo poo out. Bail out, let the Kurds, Turkey, and Iran divy up what's left.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Reuters is reporting that some type of poo poo broke at Zaporizhye NPP in Ukraine and while they're still claiming the damage is minor and there is no damage to the reactor, apparently poo poo broke November 28th and they've been trying to keep it close for 6 days, sooo

Leaked surveillance footage of the affected area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdyHq7lvTIA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I had assumed Turkey would continue to poo poo on the Kurds because :lol: at them actually getting a recognized country.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had assumed Turkey would continue to poo poo on the Kurds because :lol: at them actually getting a recognized country.

I was saying what we should do, not what is likely.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They're probably hoping Kurdistan becomes a real country so they can invade it without risking the wrath of the US.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

They're probably hoping Kurdistan becomes a real country so they can invade it without risking the wrath of the US.

Pretty sure the Kurds are just going to get maximum local autonomy and control over the production and sale of oil in their territory rather than full independence. That does give them an incentive to take the fight to ISIS because anything that the Kurds take from them they likely get to keep.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Why don't we just let the kurds take the whole of iraq so iraq has the dictatorship it needs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Courthouse posted:

Either they were going in for a surprise takedown or some dumb poo poo like that, and panicked. Or they were driving in trying to find the gunman, realizes he's the guy right in front of them, and panicked.

From the way he flails and runs to the back of the car it wasn't some cold headed murder at any rate. Looks like they didn't know what they were doing and hosed up. Because I don't see anyone intentionally driving right up in the face of someone they think has a gun.

I think we've got our explanation

Remember that E-2 who had to be ordered to bathe, who you'd find curled up under some machinery sucking his thumb? The one who you didn't have enough on to process out but you prayed you could keep him away from firearms?

Well, Cleveland gave him a gun and badge.

quote:

A Nov. 29, 2012 letter contained in Tim Loehmann's personnel file from the Independence Police Department says that during firearms qualification training he was "distracted" and "weepy."

"He could not follow simple directions, could not communicate clear thoughts nor recollections, and his handgun performance was dismal," according to the letter written by Deputy Chief Jim Polak of the Independence police.

In an interview with the Northeast Ohio Media Group, Loehmann's father said that his son left Independence to pursue a job with Cleveland police because he wanted "more action."

Loehmann told Tinnirello that he cried often about his personal issue during training and Loehmann's mother told Tinnierello that her son's study papers "would be soaked in tears nightly for three months."

On Nov. 26, 2012, Loehmann was ordered to stay in the Independence police dispatch center. Loehmann left without authorization and lied to Tinnierello that the dispatchers told him he could leave, the letter says.

Loehmann eventually admitted to lying.

The problems at Independence erupted on Nov. 28, 2012, the records say. Loehmann showed up "sleepy and upset" for a 6 a.m. state gun qualification session.

Tinnierello wrote that Loehmann "was distracted and was not following simple instructions" at the shooting range.

At one point, he went to the back of the range to reload his magazine and could not return to the line where he was supposed to shoot from, Tinnierello wrote. Loehmann appeared to be crying and was emotionally upset so Tinnierello said they would stop the exercise for the day.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The thing about police v the military is when a total fuckup in the military does something horrible military people are by and large "yeah that guy is awful, gently caress him." But 100% this babyman will have every cop talking about what a selfless hero he is who acted with no other choice.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Best Friends posted:

The thing about police v the military is when a total fuckup in the military does something horrible military people are by and large "yeah that guy is awful, gently caress him." But 100% this babyman will have every cop talking about what a selfless hero he is who acted with no other choice.

We are like that even when a guy isn't a gently caress up tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think we've got our explanation

Remember that E-2 who had to be ordered to bathe, who you'd find curled up under some machinery sucking his thumb? The one who you didn't have enough on to process out but you prayed you could keep him away from firearms?

Well, Cleveland gave him a gun and badge.

But he still managed to put the shots on target when it really mattered. While jumping out of a still moving vehicle.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fart Sandwiches posted:

But he still managed to put the shots on target when it really mattered. While jumping out of a still moving vehicle.

Srsly. Jumping out of a moving car to put a few into a 12-year old, even when you're just five to six feet from your target, is good shooting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Srsly. Jumping out of a moving car to put a few into a 12-year old, even when you're just five to six feet from your target, is good shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuNkAMkpVrE

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Zeroisanumber posted:

He could have been trained by the NYPD and then there would be half a dozen dead children instead of one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's a selfless hero who acted with no other choice.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Flikken posted:

He could have been trained by the NYPD and then there would be half a dozen dead children instead of one.

And the perp would have been booked with only a black eye.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ISIS setting up camps in the Libyan Desert

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Cole posted:

We are like that even when a guy isn't a gently caress up tho

That's true.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

lol I was thinking the same thing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

In other Iran news, it's widely believed that they're behind the massive computer espionage campaign that came to light on Tuesday. Specifically, this one targeted companies and organizations charged with developing, operating, and securing transportation infrastructure.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

psydude posted:

In other Iran news, it's widely believed that they're behind the massive computer espionage campaign that came to light on Tuesday. Specifically, this one targeted companies and organizations charged with developing, operating, and securing transportation infrastructure.
Sounds like somebody has a case of the butthurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Phone posting in a video conference excuse poor formatting

Senior aides from House and Senate armed service committee told reporters a compromise 2015 NDAA would clear the military to spend 519$ billion (including 19$ b for Energy dept) in base funds and $63.7b for Americas conflicts ('americas conflicts wot?)

Airforce had proposed retiring A10 but lawmakers rejected the idea, saying the planes are needed now in Iraq. The compromised language regarding the A10 would add 350$m so the AF can fund maintenance and operations for the plane. Is only 1 year plan.

Also included is a prohibition on helicopter retirements.

Bill should add $300m for additional E/A-18G Growler aircraft, though did not provide # of planes.

War Funding section:
3.4$ b to fund US operations against ISIL
1.6$B to train and equip Iraqi forces (lol)
Compromise language allows Obama to arm and train Syrian rebels (lolx2, remember this debate 3 years ago)

House-Senate committee has committed to 11 aircraft carriers, and prohibits Navy from spending any money to retire one. Also included is language blocking retirment of:
MQ-1 drones
U-2
7 E-2 AWACS

Bill authorizes 8 more MQ-9 drobes (98m) amd six Uh-M60s (103m). Increased funding for:
Strykers (50m)
M1 Abrams (120m)
JSTAR program (73m)
Army trucks (100m)

Also authroized is a new "flexible 1.3b counter terrorism :I: partnership :/i: fund " deisgned to support US allies operations and efforts to make countries allies more potent in CT operations in ME and Africa

Iron-Dome gets $350m, 175m more than requested

Source: Defense News

• Locked thread