Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I had sushi today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I miss being in a place where weed was easily available. Now I'm in a small hick down - I've tried to hunt down weed a few times but every time I thought I had a connection I ended up getting offered meth instead. :stonk:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Petey posted:

not to ruin weedchat but is there an eric garner thread?
maybe there's one in gip

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

DemeaninDemon posted:

The dudes tripping on soviet era benzos are my favorite. By tripping I mean ruining their lives in one week of blacked out stupor.

this is my favorite tcc post ever

"A little more than a week ago, on March 31st, I took two hits of acid (turtles, for those who know), intending to trip. It was 4:40 in the afternoon, on a gloomy gray day in Green Bay. I had the house to myself all day, until about midnight, and I was feeling pretty good about myself. Wasn’t really worried going into the trip.

I should have thought more about what I did. I’d only taken acid once before, and a single hit at that, so I wasn’t really prepared for it. I also took it alone, which was very very very stupid of myself. I can’t really believe, in retrospect, that I did that. I’m usually very strict about having a trip sitter along with psychedelics.

Anyway, at about 4:55 I swallowed the blotter and began to come up pretty quickly. Those turtles had hit me fast the first time too. I was talking and joking with a friend, who is also a goon here, on AIM when I started to see light fractals play over my monitor screen. It was about 5:15 by this time, I think, and I decided “Ok, it’s time to take a walk.”

Now, I live in a very suburban area, so there isn’t really much to see. I threw on a hoodie and some shoes and went out to walk around the block a few times, then back to my house. It was spring, there were birds everywhere, and they seemed like black shadows against the gray sky to me. I swear I’ve once seen a picture representing a LSD trip; it showed a warped, leafless tree with two birds, blacked out, flying away from it. I saw this exact image quite a few times throughout the trip.

I was walking down the street when I realized that everything was warping, growing, and shrinking before my eyes. The water tower off in the distance looked like it was my exact height and its normally light blue color was flashing between a pale blue and a strong navy blue. There weren’t many mental effects yet. I felt exactly like , with the sunglasses and the smirking, and all. The asphalt on the roads began to form themselves into fractals. About halfway through the walk, three quarters of a mile into the one-mile circuit, I started feeling pretty afraid.

I realized that the trees all seemed like they were miles and miles away, even though I knew that they were more like ten or so yards between me and the trees. I hadn’t seen any people or (moving) cars at all so far. I began running, to try to get home as quickly as possible. I started to suspect that I was alone, all alone, and that everyone had left to go out and do stuff and forgotten about me.

After some running, I got to my driveway, panting and sweating. I was getting freaked out, it was about 5:45, and I still felt sane. Looking around, nothing seemed to hold their shapes for long. No protean warping or spiking, just a general instability of form and line. The birds were seriously creeping me out now, whenever I’d look up, I’d see a ton of spring birds fluttering around or some hawks swooping through the currents, hunting. They were all blacked out, though, and I couldn’t make any details of them out against the gray sky.

I tried to lay down on the grass to regain my composure. That wasn’t really a great idea. I felt like I was falling into the earth, and my brain went into overdrive, screaming stuff at me like “You’ve lost your grip” “You’re freaking out” “Look at those trees, they’re reaching towards you” so I didn’t stay there very long. I got up and went inside, which made me feel better for a bit. I went back downstairs to talk to my friend again. The computer felt alien and unwelcoming to me, so I just typed out “I’m having a bad trip, man, I gotta go.” and ran upstairs to my room. Hid under the covers, but my brain was still churning out crazy sentences and being generally incoherent.

I threw off the covers, stumbled downstairs to grab my stash of the rest of the acid, and crushed it and went upstairs to the garage to throw it into the trashbin. I didn’t want anything to do with it ever again. I went back into the kitchen to grab my cell phone, then got back outside again. Texted my best friend, pleading with him to come over because I was feeling very freaked out. I didn’t mention that I was on acid, he wasn’t too approving of my psychedelic use. He replied, no, he couldn’t come over, he was at a girl’s house. I asked again, begging, but he said no. I somehow found myself sitting against a tree digging my hands into the grass and weeping a bit.

Looking back, I’m not really sure why I got so freaked out. I was continually telling myself “You’re on acid, you’re on acid” so it’s not like I lost perspective.

I texted my mother (which she never received) telling her that I had taken some acid and to please come home and not be angry with me. No reply. I was becoming very upset. I threw my cell phone against the wall and smashed it into three pieces. I sat against my car wheels, trying to breath deeply and think calmly about this.

It was at this point that I really lost control.

I started thinking… thought that I was the only person in the world. There was nobody else, just me and my perception of the world, and I had been living in a dream of my own making for the last eighteen and a half years of my life.

I’ve came up with this before, on a mushrooms trip, so it really hit me hard. I’m aware that it’s a very childish and self-centered view of the world, though.

There was only me. If I died, there would be nothing. I was like a god. But I also knew that there was no god, so I became very conflicted. I was looking around frantically, going from the empty maw of the garage to the bending and wavering trees to the black flying birds to the streets that looked like rivers of gray back to the garge. The world seemed like it had lost all color.

Suddenly I saw that my life was like a cycle. It was cyclical, of course, how obvious! I was born, lived, until I discovered Drugs, then took them, then I would explore the “Edge of Consciousness” and realize that there was nothing there, then I would become depressed and kill myself because I couldn’t deal with that realization, then I would be born again and recreate the world again. And so it would continue.

Well, gently caress. What am I going to do now? Garage, trees, birds, river-street, garage… Garage, garage, house, house, kitchen, kitchen, knife… I had to kill myself. I saw the cycle, and I had no choice but to continue it. I got up, feeling like a zombie. My memories of the next few minutes are almost like a slideshow. I went into the kitchen, to the knife rack, pulled out a silvery stainless-steel knife, put it to my throat… and cut. Then I cut again, to make a complete line across my neck from left to right.

I found myself on my back on the kitchen tile floor. I was bleeding. It didn’t hurt. I lay there for a while, bleeding, thinking “Now I die.”

But… I didn’t die. Oh gently caress, gently caress, gently caress. I got to my feet, leaving the blood pool and the knife there, and started freaking out. I’m not dead yet! I’m not dead, I’m not dead, I’m not dead. If I’m not dead, it has to be a dream. I don’t die in dreams. I passed out after taking the acid and I’m dreaming all of this!

I ran out into the street, looking around me. It was a dream, it was all a dream. I felt the blood running down my chest, soaking my white shirt with red. I remembered another thing… in my dreams the windows are never real. The glass is always gone. I ran to the house across the street and jumped at the window.

BAM!

I was on my rear end, staring at a huge blood splotch on the glass. It wasn’t a dream… Oh poo poo, I cut my throat, I was going to die. I ripped up some grass, tears running down my face. Wait, no, I intended to die. I’ll just die, and I’ll move on to the next cycle of my life. I got up and ran down the street. I was dying too slow! My shirt was sticking to me, soaked in blood. I ripped it into half and left it on the street.

“This is like a nightmare. This is like a horror film. What have you done?”

I stopped at another house, blood all down my front. I saw someone inside. I was going to get help! I pounded on the door. Blood spattered all over. A thought popped into my head, I should be naked, why shouldn’t you be naked? You’re dying. You should be naked. I took off my pants and my underwear.

“This is like a horror film,” my thoughts said again.

An old lady opened the door, saw me, covered in blood, and screamed. SLAM! I was locked out. I wasn’t alone, but I wasn’t wanted.

I had no idea what to do next. My instincts, reflexes took over. The blood was clotting, clumping, falling off me. I ran through some yards, jumped two fences, and ran out in the main street near my neighborhood, University Avenue.

“What are you doing? You’ve finally gone crazy.”

I saw a minivan coming. About 35 miles per hours. It swerved. I was too fast. I jumped in front of it.

I remember myself in the air, looking up at the gray sky.

I was on the street, looking up at the sky.

There was a mustachioed man, screaming at me. I couldn’t hear him, I’m deaf. I could just lipread what he was saying. It was something like… “Calm down! Calm down! Don’t move!” I don’t really remember this part very well.

He grabbed my throat. I saw people all around me, standing, some of them on cell phones. I reached out my arms, I think I croaked out “Help,” once again my memories are hazy. They avoided my arms. More people came to hold me down. I felt more hands on my throat, then everything was black.

I woke up at 9:40 AM, Sunday, April 1st. Right when I woke up, I couldn’t open my eyes. I thought, “Am I dead?” No, I could feel other people in the room, if I was in a room. I decided “I’m done, you’re done, done, done. Never again.”

I eventually managed to open my eyes, and I was in the hospital, the ICU, with my family around me and two nurses looking at me.

I spent the next three days in the ICU. I had missed my jugular, missed my trachea, by a single centimeter. If I had cut any deeper, I would be dead right now. I broke my right big toe, still limping around on it. Lots of road rash, two major impact cuts on my left arm that will leave scars. My neck is healing up, but the scar will be there for the rest of my life. That, and the memories.

I’ve given up all drugs, except marijuana and alcohol, and even those I’ll probably only ever use in small or moderate doses. I’ve satisfied my curiosity, and learned quite enough from the psychedelics. I just knew that I was done. I have a complete lack of desire to ever take another trip.

My reaction to the whole thing? I feel normal. I don’t feel depressed or happy or anything. I think about it every now and then, especially when I handle knives, but it doesn’t dominate my thinking. I sleep about the same as I did before. Actually, even better – I’ve been waking up at 7:45 sharp for the last week, 15 minutes before my alarm goes off. I’ve never been able to do that.

I still hold the same opinions regarding drugs – they should be legal, bla bla bla, etc. My family has come over to my side, seeing how I still defend them even after nearly killing myself and even after swearing off them for life. “All that and he’s still like this? Maybe he’s right.”

I can’t believe how badly I hosed up, though. Impulsive dosing of acid? Taking it alone? Taking it in a lovely setting? A little bit of forethought would have prevented all of this. I’m more upset with myself for breaking so many personal responsibility rules (and right after I explained to my best friend, the night before, how safe and responsible I always was and always would be) than I am for trying to kill myself twice.

I’ve lost all fear. Deep ocean? Vast space? Women? Driving? Nothing fazes me anymore. I almost died – twice – and I guess that had some effect on me.

But, holy gently caress, how did I survive? My mom claims it was a divine being watching over me. I scoffed at that, but sometimes I wonder. A single centimeter away from the jugular? Only a single broken bone from getting hit by a 35 MPH minivan?

I guess I only have seven lives left.

If there are any questions, I’d be happy to answer them."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

how many followed calling him a bitch

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Paging dr buzzkill

Oh poo poo fishmech you're already here thanks for the fun story.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hey Badger of Basra did you hear UT lost like 100 brains.

How do you lose 100 brains.

One of them was apparently even Charles Whitman's.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Hey Badger of Basra did you hear UT lost like 100 brains.

How do you lose 100 brains.

One of them was apparently even Charles Whitman's.

that story was super confusing to me because there was something on the news about the brains like last week. was that related to this? i assumed it was a new development since everyone was talking about it today

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
was one of the brains jfk's or his still missing

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

was one of the brains jfk's or his still missing

i think it was mostly mental patients

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

jfk's brain is, of course, on fidel castro's desk

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i heard his family ground up his brain, mixed it with weed and smoked it. that's messed up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

that story was super confusing to me because there was something on the news about the brains like last week. was that related to this? i assumed it was a new development since everyone was talking about it today

I don't know, I just heard about it this morning.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

They found the brains, apparently they had a hazmat team into dispose of them in 2002 and forgot about it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
"Jack Kennedy's brain? poo poo, that takes me back," Diamond Joe says, grinning mischievously. "That was my first big score, you know, that one told people who Joe was. I remember hauling that ice-box--heavy s-o-b, let me tell you--through the fuckin' bayou in the middle of the night with those Cubans tear-adding around in airboats, I swear I didn't know if a gator was gonna get me or if one of Fidel's boys was gonna light me up, but I didn't think I was gonna get out of that one alive. But I made it to dry land and threw myself soaking wet behind the wheel of the 'vette, lit up a spliff, and peeled out down the side road... didn't count on having to run the sheriff's roadblock, but they thought I was one of the Cubans so they opened up on me just as soon as they saw my lights. I was just runnin' out of gas when I made it to the roadhouse... poo poo, that's when I met Bettie, and she's a whole 'nother story."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

They found the brains, apparently they had a hazmat team into dispose of them in 2002 and forgot about it.

did they dispose of them or did they find them intact?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Mushrooms are great and the best part is when you're done you absolutely do not want to do it again soon. Even when I would do them with any sort of "regularity", which I haven't for years, it was never more than once every six months.

In fact, don't do psychedelics more often than you would want to clean the grout in your bathroom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

did they dispose of them or did they find them intact?

They disposed of them in 02. Apparently they weren't any good for what they were using them for.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

comes along bort posted:

is limiting himself to lever action rifles part of the effort to conserve ammo too?
Nope. He has semi-auto pistols and a wheel-gun or two, but his favorite rifles are MilSurp stuff like Monsin-Nagants, a Garand, maybe a Springfield, I've lost track. He loves bolt-action rifles and carbines in particular; but he's told me he'd never buy anything that could be converted to full-auto because apparently that gets you put into a national database and he doesn't want that. I mean, he took the classes and can carry concealed so I think he's in a database anyway, but... :shrug:

Forgot to mention that several of these guns are scoped and he's shot some really impressive groupings from 100+ yards with them. He's a crack shot, my Dad is. A natural.
He also has a bullet reloading station in his office. I can post one of his targets if you like. I have the pic somewhere.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 4, 2014

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

They disposed of them in 02. Apparently they weren't any good for what they were using them for.

they were good for being neat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mooyashi posted:

Mushrooms are great and the best part is when you're done you absolutely do not want to do it again soon. Even when I would do them with any sort of "regularity", which I haven't for years, it was never more than once every six months.

In fact, don't do psychedelics more often than you would want to clean the grout in your bathroom.

I used to do acid every week for a whole summer, and I had permanent tracers for years afterwards. I still get them in the mornings after I wake up.

I doubt I'll ever trip again but I don't regret it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i have a lot of fun memories from tripping but yeah if i never do it again i'll be satisfied

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd do weed all the time every time until the end of time

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

oh man i didn't notice there was a whole rape denial thread

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What's the coolest thing about the Yumbo returning to the Burger King menu?

It's more likely to be indicted for killing an unarmed black kid than cops are!

... I'm so sorry. :smith:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i'm the guy who got way into mushrooms a little too late in life making it just kinda sad

my roommate's an ex-heroin addict tho

also does that jesus thread ever get funny, every other post is like a million words long

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Popular Thug Drink posted:

once on salvia i thought the world was the opening credits to a mid 70's PBS television show about woodworking. it sounds like im making this up but im not, salvia produces some hosed up hallucinations. i distinctly remember a theme song heavy on the horn section and a gibberish credits scroll over a still shot of green velvet superimposed over a brick fireplace

same

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

oh man i didn't notice there was a whole rape denial thread

between that thread and the latest turn in the academic freedumb thread i'm pretty sure that something awful poster "on the left" is either a rapist or really really wants to be one.

like his sympathetic ace in the hole abrogation of free speech was punishing fraternity members attacking rape victims.

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 4, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Everyone talks up how great amphetamines are, but when I was on a prescription for it all it did was jack up my heart rate and make me anxious as gently caress. I'm not sure what all these high performing abusers are getting out of it.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Everyone talks up how great amphetamines are, but when I was on a prescription for it all it did was jack up my heart rate and make me anxious as gently caress. I'm not sure what all these high performing abusers are getting out of it.

The very few times I've ever used amphetamines were when I took adderall to rush out papers and articles for school. I can't imagine them having any recreational use for me, either.

Jagchosis posted:

between that thread and the latest turn in the academic freedumb thread i'm pretty sure that something awful poster "on the left" is either a rapist or really really wants to be one.

like his sympathetic ace in the hole abrogation of free speech was punishing fraternity members attacking rape victims.

How dare those SJW administrators admonish students for throwing eggs and dildos at rape victims. And how dare the SJW leaders of those same fraternities for saying it was hosed up and needed to stop.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

also does that jesus thread ever get funny, every other post is like a million words long
I'm having trouble telling who is being sincere and who is just loving with people.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm having trouble telling who is being sincere and who is just loving with people.

I was quite sincere when I said that disbelieving in god caused me to make love to a crocodile.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Sharkie posted:

I was quite sincere when I said that disbelieving in god caused me to make love to a crocodile.

Listen, just because you learn that fact about how they can't open their jaws if you grab it shut with your hands is not license to abuse it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sharkie posted:

So thats how old matilda got genital warts

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I have a script for amps, have the heart rate/blood pressure issues as well and don't get the recreational use either. If it didn't legit help I would drop it immediately :(

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Listen, just because you learn that fact about how they can't open their jaws if you grab it shut with your hands is not license to abuse it.

How...how dare you. This was sweet, gentle, romantic love.

VanSandman posted:

So thats how old matilda got genital warts

That wasn't me so...guess I better head to the clinic tomorrow.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
sig check

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's magnificent :allears:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im glad to see sigs appearing in more forums