Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Can someone please explain the switch puzzle in Evil Spirit Club 2? I must have missed one of the clues or something, because I don't feel I have enough information to solve it on my own and brute-forcing every possible combination isn't working.

If it's the one I'm thinking of you're supposed to find the one place where you can walk the path described. It helps to graph it out on paper.
hint: the path looks roughly like a "q"

edit:read again, maybe it's a puzzle i haven't seen yet. sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lunar Suite posted:

>You can now create Skill Cards in the Velvet Room!

empty quote

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Can someone please explain the switch puzzle in Evil Spirit Club 2? I must have missed one of the clues or something, because I don't feel I have enough information to solve it on my own and brute-forcing every possible combination isn't working.
The one in the bottom right? It's a little dumb. The 1 and 2 refer to lights and the 3 and 4 refer to darkness. This is dumb because what that really means is 1 and 2 lights actually on in the room with the lights on and 3 and 4 FOEs in the darkness. You can then turn the lights on and walk on them in order.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

theshim posted:

The one in the bottom right? It's a little dumb. The 1 and 2 refer to lights and the 3 and 4 refer to darkness. This is dumb because what that really means is 1 and 2 lights actually on in the room with the lights on and 3 and 4 FOEs in the darkness. You can then turn the lights on and walk on them in order.

The FOEs also are arranged as 3 and 4, like the sides of a die.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
...You can overwrite skills learned from cards like regular skills, right? Or are you locked in once you're filled someone's slots?

Also, gently caress the clock puzzle on the 3rd Floor of Evil Spirit Club

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do I want snake glare on the battle or labyrinth guide? I assume the battle guide but I don't want to fuse this the wrong way.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Len posted:

Do I want snake glare on the battle or labyrinth guide? I assume the battle guide but I don't want to fuse this the wrong way.

I had it on my labryinth guide. I don't think it matters though.

Lunar Suite posted:

...You can overwrite skills learned from cards like regular skills, right? Or are you locked in once you're filled someone's slots?

You can overwrite skills.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Goddammit game. If you're going to make it so that Hama is the only way to reliably kill the Old Doll, the least you can do is make it so that it has a semi-reliable hit rate. 40 loving turns with Naoto and Yu tossing out Hamaon and Hama respectively, and not a single loving one of the things hit. :argh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artix posted:

Goddammit game. If you're going to make it so that Hama is the only way to reliably kill the Old Doll, the least you can do is make it so that it has a semi-reliable hit rate. 40 loving turns with Naoto and Yu tossing out Hamaon and Hama respectively, and not a single loving one of the things hit. :argh:

Tbh, the only reliable way to kill the old doll is magic bind and the conventional method. I never tried using hama for that.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i got lucky with a fusion accident that gave me daisoujou and samsara'd it on the first try.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Strange Quark posted:

Tbh, the only reliable way to kill the old doll is magic bind and the conventional method. I never tried using hama for that.

Okay, that's fair. I guess my complaint is more that I had Naoto set up with Impure Touch, Sukukaja, Sukunda, and Aim Goggles (although I'll admit that I don't know of the latter three actually do anything to help Hama/Mudo), and she was throwing out a Hamaon every chance she had. Yu was also throwing out Hamas, although he didn't have the benefit of Impure Touch. Not once in 40 turns did either of them connect. It's possible to hit it, I know it is because that's how I killed it the first time. But given that setup, either A) I'm the single most unlucky motherfucker in the entire world or B) the hit rate on it is so low they might as well have just made it null the thing and not wasted my time.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it still resists light, so i guess it's just whatever effect that has on the success rate.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Volt Catfish posted:

I must be really bad at this game because I'm only at the 2nd Stratum and it feels like every random encounter has a truckload of HP that I tediously have to slog through.

Even the first Stratum FOEs had like 3000 hp when I can do maybe 150 a round at Level 14. Bah.
No it's just the random enemies around there are weak to either light and dark, so use those. They're just cramming down your throat the idea that you shouldn't be brute forcing these dudes through damage. There's a similar story to be had about using Poison.

Naoto just simplifies it because she comes with the tools already. The broken aspect of the game is that there's really no penalty for spamming these abilities even on non-weak stuff.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Persona Q and Naoto making me feel retarded.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Skill cards can't be reused right? I just got my first card, Recarm. I wanted to put it on yukiko but was planning to replace her once i get the persona 3 cast. Will I get a second Recarm card by then?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LibbyM posted:

Skill cards can't be reused right? I just got my first card, Recarm. I wanted to put it on yukiko but was planning to replace her once i get the persona 3 cast. Will I get a second Recarm card by then?

No, but you gain the ability to unlock additional cards by the midpoint of the third dungeon.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

LibbyM posted:

She gets Recarm later (so does everyone who has healing spells listed in their description) so you'd be wasting it on her anyways.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like that I can just stare blankly at Naoto until she figures out puzzles for me.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Toadsniff posted:

She gets Recarm later (so does everyone who has healing spells listed in their description) so you'd be wasting it on her anyways.

Yukari does not get Recarm naturally, fwiw.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zurai posted:

Yukari does not get Recarm naturally, fwiw.

Recarm is actually quite rare naturally; only Ken (at 13) and Teddie (at 19) learn it without a card.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Recarm is kinda bad anyway when it's a navigator skill. Besides, you shouldn't feel bad about wasting a Recarm card when Samarecarm exists.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Dont sweat that recard card. The early chests give you items that a very useful for the first dungeon but fall off quickly.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Recarm/Revival Beads are absolutely fine through the vast majority of the game. I think the only fights I used Balms of Life on were the final boss and the most dangerous FOE in the final dungeon, and none of my characters knew Samarecarm.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Manatee Cannon posted:

I like that I can just stare blankly at Naoto until she figures out puzzles for me.

Yosuke figures one of them out.

Yosuke!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Think I'll just stare at a wall and let everyone figure everything out for me for the rest of this game. Delegating the puzzle solving to the team is the leader's job.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is it bad that my favorite puzzles were the spiderweb ones? I have no godddamn idea why I liked those so much but charting things out with them was a good part of that dungeon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is it bad that my favorite puzzles were the spiderweb ones? I have no godddamn idea why I liked those so much but charting things out with them was a good part of that dungeon.

Spiderweb puzzle is the best because you aren't hosed if you get random battle'd while a FOE chases you.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

This may be a dumb question, but do the Navi skills work if they're on a non-navigator character, or do they have to actually be attached to a navigator for them to have an effect?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

JavaJesus posted:

This may be a dumb question, but do the Navi skills work if they're on a non-navigator character, or do they have to actually be attached to a navigator for them to have an effect?

They do nothing. Stick them on navis.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

JavaJesus posted:

The latter.

There are also Battle Navigator skills and Field Navigator skills. Once you get the second navigator the distinction is important, since battle skills are useless on the field navi and vice-versa.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is really dumb, but for the fifth labyrinth: I've got the right half if floor 8 and the top right part of floor 9 filled out, but I have no idea how to proceed. I figure there must be something with the gondolas I'm missing, but I have no idea.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh wow, the baby FOEs aren't immune to light?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Strange Quark posted:

This is really dumb, but for the fifth labyrinth: I've got the right half if floor 8 and the top right part of floor 9 filled out, but I have no idea how to proceed. I figure there must be something with the gondolas I'm missing, but I have no idea.

You need to set up the pistons for the reaper on floor 8 to the left of the stairs at the top, lure the reaper to the top and hug the left for a doorway and more stairs.

Unless I'm totally misremembering things. The gondolas I found were pretty straight forward. It's a admittedly confusing layout and one of the reasons I prefer the spider puzzles.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You need to set up the pistons for the reaper on floor 8 to the left of the stairs at the top, lure the reaper to the top and hug the left for a doorway and more stairs.

Unless I'm totally misremembering things. The gondolas I found were pretty straight forward. It's a admittedly confusing layout and one of the reasons I prefer the spider puzzles.

I think I'm a bit behind that. The left side of floor 8 is completely inaccessible to me other than the area around the stairs down and elevator. The furthest I've gotten is unlocking the second stairs down on the very right of floor 9.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

They do nothing. Stick them on navis.

Vengarr posted:

The latter.

There are also Battle Navigator skills and Field Navigator skills. Once you get the second navigator the distinction is important, since battle skills are useless on the field navi and vice-versa.
Welp, looks like I have some fusing to do. At least I'm close to the end of the first labyrinth, so I can probably put off intense fusing until I clear it and get the P3 characters.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Lunar Suite posted:

this is literally the most accurate rendition of this game

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wow, the baby FOEs aren't immune to light?
Nope.

Of course I killed like eight of them before testing it on a whim. :v:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

theshim posted:

Nope.

Of course I killed like eight of them before testing it on a whim. :v:

Wait, seriously? Oh man, it is time for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

I think I'm a bit behind that. The left side of floor 8 is completely inaccessible to me other than the area around the stairs down and elevator. The furthest I've gotten is unlocking the second stairs down on the very right of floor 9.

okay looking at my map, the stairway leading to the rest of floor 9 is in a4/5 at the very top of floor 8. get to the spiderweb room in a7 and the doorway is in the northwest corner of the room. you should also be able to access at least some of the rest of floor 8 from that room, but you'll need to mess with some pistons on floor 9 first in order to get past the reaper.

• Locked thread