Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

air- posted:

So now that I've had time to seriously ponder what I'm doing for the next month, I wanna know: where are the Euro beer goons at? Copypasta'd from Talkbeer...

Planning on flying to Belgium in mid-November (definitely visiting Cantillon) but I'm not interested in spending my entire trip in Brussels. Definitely open to going to Amsterdam too. I just want some lambics man.

ISO (high to low want)
  • Armand'4 - looking for all four
  • Blabaer
  • Framboos
  • A&T
  • Lou Pepe
  • Or other lambic :)

Chances are good (nothing is for certain) that some Lou Pepe variants (Kriek and Gueuze have been there for the past few weeks at least) will be for sale at Cantillon still; I think there's a talkbeer thread which someone keeps relatively up to date about it. And you might still be able to buy Armand'4 sets at 3F. Good luck in your hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

crazyfish posted:

Chances are good (nothing is for certain) that some Lou Pepe variants (Kriek and Gueuze have been there for the past few weeks at least) will be for sale at Cantillon still; I think there's a talkbeer thread which someone keeps relatively up to date about it. And you might still be able to buy Armand'4 sets at 3F. Good luck in your hunt.

I posted it at Ratebeer and that's where I've had the most luck so far, but otherwise silent. Might even try reddit but ehhhh...

I read there's some LP Kriek at Cantillon, so I think I'll be set on that + Fou. Just hoping I get those Armand seasons and at least one A&T.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
ISO: Prairie Bomb, any BA/high ABV/age able beers not distributed to NJ/PA/NY
FT: Tell me what styles you're interested in and I'll do my best to accommodate you. I'm not a far drive from Carton, Kane, Tired Hands, Forgotten Boardwalk, etc.
Contact: either PM or email at rokkenlikedokkn at gmail dot com .

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
ISO: BA Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout
FT: Wicked Weed Dark Arts + Olde Hickory Lindley Park

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

ISO : Deth's Tar ( I see it just released again) 2-3 bottles.

FT : PA locals, and I have a cellar list/access to lots of stuff... Lets' talk

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Chicagoons -- I'd like to work something out for a pre-trade on some of this year's Proprietor's. Like 2/3. Let me know if you're interested.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

a worthy uhh posted:

Chicagoons -- I'd like to work something out for a pre-trade on some of this year's Proprietor's. Like 2/3. Let me know if you're interested.

I too would like to get in on this, but I'm not greedy like my friend here so I'd like just one bottle.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I too would like to get in on this, but I'm not greedy like my friend here so I'd like just one bottle.

:tutbutt:

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

a worthy uhh posted:

This reminds me - I've got several of the 2013 BCBS 22oz variants still taking up cellar room. 3x each of Backyard / Prop / Coffee (2012) that I'm interested in trading away. Also a 2009 BCBS original 22oz.

jbusby at gmail.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer

jbusbysack posted:

This reminds me - I've got several of the 2013 BCBS 22oz variants still taking up cellar room. 3x each of Backyard / Prop / Coffee (2012) that I'm interested in trading away. Also a 2009 BCBS original 22oz.

jbusby at gmail.

Sent you an email

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Retemnav posted:

ISO: BA Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout
FT: Wicked Weed Dark Arts + Olde Hickory Lindley Park

No one getting any of this? Or just not interested in what I'm offering? Hit me up if that's the case, I have other beers.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
okay, trying to take care of some wants for a secret santa in another group. only looking to fill a couple spots and these are his more-attainable desires:

-Crooked Stave Oculus
-Upright Blend Love, Fantasia
-Trace Remy's Pappy
-Side Project (pretty much anything ((lol)))
-de Garde Vin Rougie, Lee Noir, Archer
-FW PNC Buckwheat
-Midnight Sun 3000
-Voodoo PVW Black Magic
-Central Waters Fifteen
-GI BCBS Vanilla
-de Struise Black Damnation V
-Kern Citra (assuming it's fresh, dunno what the release schedule is)

we're both east coast guys, so similar west coast offerings (aside from the Bruery as he's in the RS) are welcome, too. some things that i'm willing to trade:

-CCB Forgotten Island, Good Gourd Almighty
-Cascade Vlad, Sang Noir
-Captain Lawrence Rosso e Marrone
-Crooked Stave Dark Origins
-FW Double DBA, XVII, Velvet Merkin
-Forest and Main Manu Negra
-Founders Better Half, Nemesis 09, Nemesis 10
-Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra
-Alesmith BA Speedway
-Hardywood GBS, BA GBS, Rum Pumpkin, Anniversary beers, various other offerings
-HF Arthur, Nordic Saison, Florence, Anna, Vera Mae
-Russian River Beatification
-3 Brothers Resolute, Atramentous
-Alewerks Cafe Royale, Bourbon Barrel Porter
-Bruery Grey Monday
-whatever Strangeways and Lickinghole Creek is around

pretty aware of relative trade and monetary values, so i understand that a lot of those are not 1:1. also, since the SA messaging system blows, my gmail address is smrandolph and, on the off-chance that i get a lot of responses, preference will be given to those with whom i've previously traded. thanks!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
ISO: A Deal With the Devil. A bottle shop in Anchorage just got a bunch of cases.

Do we have any Anchorage beer goons around here?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

jbusbysack posted:

jbusby at gmail.

I emailed you a while ago, never heard back -- are any of these still available?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Retemnav posted:

No one getting any of this? Or just not interested in what I'm offering? Hit me up if that's the case, I have other beers.

Are you referring to Alework's BA speedway stout? If so they have it in stock at the total wine I frequent So i'm down to swap.

DAZZLE me with your local brewers imperal/stout selections.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

incoherent posted:

Are you referring to Alework's BA speedway stout? If so they have it in stock at the total wine I frequent So i'm down to swap.

DAZZLE me with your local brewers imperal/stout selections.

Unfortunately he's looking for a (brewery-only, I think) special variation that has "Vietnamese coffee" on the label instead of the regular one which is likely what you have access to.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

krustster posted:

Unfortunately he's looking for a (brewery-only, I think) special variation that has "Vietnamese coffee" on the label instead of the regular one which is likely what you have access to.

Correct. Brewery only, 4 bottles per person release - and drat good.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Yea, was looking for the Vietnamese coffee one. I've had it once out of a growler and it was loving amazing.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Retemnav posted:

Yea, was looking for the Vietnamese coffee one. I've had it once out of a growler and it was loving amazing.

From a growler most likely wasn't the BA version as they often filled Grumblers of the non-BA Vietnamese Stout, but BA has only been on tap for about a week and no "official" growlers.

Zam fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 23, 2014

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

wattershed posted:

ISO: A Deal With the Devil. A bottle shop in Anchorage just got a bunch of cases.

Do we have any Anchorage beer goons around here?

Unfortunately can't help with this, but wanted to wish you luck. I had a bottle at Zwanze Day,and it was unreal good.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

duh wrong thread

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Zam posted:

From a growler most likely wasn't the BA version as they often filled Grumblers of the non-BA Vietnamese Stout, but BA has only been on tap for about a week and no "official" growlers.

Ah, I thought they'd released the BA version on draft in the past? I thought that it was BA'd, but it was at least a year ago and at one of the Sexual Chocolate release shares, which is always loud and crazy, so I may have misheard (or misremembered). Either way, what I had was fantastic and I want some more.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

oops. Thought this was the homebrew thread. Heh.

deedee megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 25, 2014

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

So what do you have FT?? I'm gonna need a cellar link if you want me to plug your bunghole.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I ordered 3 Better Bottles online not long ago but the store I ordered from shipped one and contacted me and said they only had one in stock and asked if I'd be ok with substituting 2 Vintage carboys. I said sure as long as the bungs they shipped with the one Better Bottle fit these as well. They assured me the bungs I ordered fit. Cut to tonight and I bet you can guess what just happened. I racked into a carboy that I have no way to seal. The medium bungs that work on Better Bottles are too small and the large bung I use on one of my other carboys is too big. They're some weird size that's just slightly larger than a better bottle. It creates no seal at all. Great. I already sent them an email so now I'm just venting and hoping that this batch isn't completely ruined.

Sorry your bung hole is loose

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 25, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

drat it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

Bumping this.

Still ISO even just one bottle of Prop, but multiple would be awesome. Keep me in mind when you're elbowing people out of the way on Friday.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

a worthy uhh posted:

Bumping this.

Still ISO even just one bottle of Prop, but multiple would be awesome. Keep me in mind when you're elbowing people out of the way on Friday.

As someone who ended up with 5 (!!!) Props last year through a lot of luck, I will feel lucky if I get two this year. If you check out TB's FIB thread over the last 3 or 4 weeks, you'll read horror stories of how Chicago has managed to jump the barrel-aged shark in the most insane ways: lines on weekdays for loving alcoholic root beer, people chasing trucks for FW anniversary beers (when just 3 years ago, XV sat around for literally an entire year), Blue Gene being limit 1 at stores (again, insane considering loving STRAIGHT JACKET is still on some shelves). Someone joked that there might be a death this year for BCBS but the more we see, the less funny that is.

I'm not saying this isn't happening for you. I'm just saying that in the last year, it's gotten outright loving stupid.

Seriously:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bar/4778121331.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/wan/4777143779.html

People paying beer for knowledge where they can get stuff early. We've gotten to the point where truck chasers are buying off people to not have to chase trucks.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Jesus christ. Aren't there like 30 thousand loving bottles of it?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

a worthy uhh posted:

Jesus christ. Aren't there like 30 thousand loving bottles of it?

GI doesn't release bottle counts but I think last year someone put together an estimate of like 15,000 based on interviews with employees where they state how many barrels and stuff. But also remember that this is a metro area of not quite 10m people and in the last year alone, 1m of them decided they can make money on this poo poo.

Seriously, the FIB thread on TalkBeer has been incredibly entertaining/sad in the last month.

Anyway, good luck. If I get stupid lucky again, I'll put a bottle to the side for you but I really doubt I will.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
ISO: Vanilla Rye

FT: Appleton Rum BA Ten Fidy Crowler, Avery BA beers, Crooked Stave, Casey saison.

Really want to get this done on here. Send me a pm if you have a Vanilla Rye FT and we will work something out.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
ISO: Prop, Vanilla, Coffee. You know that poo poo's disgusting and you don't want it. I'm here to take it off your hands.

FT: Veritas 014, all recent AleSmith releases, Alpine stuff, any other SD distro stuff.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

mrcowcow posted:

ISO: Vanilla Rye

FT: Appleton Rum BA Ten Fidy Crowler

:byodood: I would rather drink rum barrel Ten Fidy than just about any beer in existence.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
ISO: GI Vanilla Rye
FT: Gray Monday

I hope this is enough to get it done. I really want to try the vanilla.

Apache
May 11, 2004

ISO: Vietnamese Coffee BA Speedway Stout, BCBS Vanilla, Coffee, Prop, Pliny, Heady Topper
FT: From CCB: Good Gourd Almighty, Illuminating the Path, Don Gavino Big Guava, Marshall Zhukov, DAn'l Webster, 2012/2013/2014 Hunahpu, Double Barrel Hunahpu is also on the table for the right trade.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
dphi did a clever thing which I haven't seen before:

He sent me a box with this label on it to explain any sloshing. I think I'm going to have to start doing this myself.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Catfish Noodlin posted:

dphi did a clever thing which I haven't seen before:

He sent me a box with this label on it to explain any sloshing. I think I'm going to have to start doing this myself.

MY friend does that with hot sauce or handcrafted sodas.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I'd like to do one more trade before winter sets in, and it looks like PA has got a few days(about a week) of nice weather left.

Don't care if it's random local stuff, or bigger, but I would like to get something done before winter sets in.

Here's my current cellar https://www.cellarhq.com/cellars/AlanG

I'm looking for either a locals swap (I'm in PA so Troegs, Victory, Weyerbacher, Sly Fox, Spring House , etc are my locals) or some bigger deals.

Always looking for the "normal" stuff (big stouts, cool sours) and fresh IPAs/pale ales (love Zombie Dust, and have never had TG stuff).

Lemme know here or via PM if I have something/have access to something you would like.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Vertigo posted:

I'd like to do one more trade before winter sets in, and it looks like PA has got a few days(about a week) of nice weather left.

Don't care if it's random local stuff, or bigger, but I would like to get something done before winter sets in.

I'm looking for either a locals swap (I'm in PA so Troegs, Victory, Weyerbacher, Sly Fox, Spring House , etc are my locals) or some bigger deals.

Always looking for the "normal" stuff (big stouts, cool sours) and fresh IPAs/pale ales (love Zombie Dust, and have never had TG stuff).

Lemme know here or via PM if I have something/have access to something you would like.

Get back to me on the Wicked Weed trade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Vertigo posted:

PM sent!

• Locked thread