Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You'd think Missy would be used to men telling her she needs to leave by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

You'd think Missy would be used to men telling her she needs to leave by now.

:thurman:

She's probably just upset that she can't get half his money.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

njsykora posted:

Gee I bet you all feel like assholes for mocking Jon's wine snobbery now. Also why the gently caress are we doing this poo poo at Tribal?

It's the winners edit. First Jaclyn can't have kids, now Jon's dad has brain cancer. They are setting Jon up for final 3 and for his victory.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shakugan posted:

So Natalie betrayed Jon not by voting out Jaclyn, which she easily could have done and significantly weakened him, but by instead voting out Alec instead of Keith.

I take back any praise I've sent her way, that made no sense whatsoever. Both Jon and Jaclyn will be after her now, so stupid.

The problem with voting out Jaclyn is she would have had to involve Keith and Alec into the plan for it to work... and we all know what happens when you trust Keith with a plan like that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Next week's preview does not look like it portends well for Natalie, if you buy that they don't want to give away too much in advance. The fact that they don't even mention her hinky vote is a little troubling to me.

Natalie voted out the dumber, more reliable, less-appealing-to-a-jury player and drew a lot of attention her way. Even if she dodges the heat, I dunno what argument you could make for taking that risk. At F4 Baylor/Missy would be more likely to take Alec than her? That's about it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This season loving blows.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
So Natalie is counting on Keith beating Jon in immunity? She's willing to risk he relationships for that? I think she was just all psyched up about making a move and was antsy to do anything.

Another example of poor play in the subtler parts of survivor: not making the target of a blindside feel like something is going on. Much like last weeks failure to fully prep an alliance for what could happen at Tribal Council, Natalie didn't bother to tell Baylor to be nice to Jon and not act like something was up. Natalie and Baylor should've been extra careful to not make Jon suspicious. I mean, they know he has an idol...god this season just sucks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EchoBase posted:

So Natalie is counting on Keith beating Jon in immunity? She's willing to risk he relationships for that? I think she was just all psyched up about making a move and was antsy to do anything.

Another example of poor play in the subtler parts of survivor: not making the target of a blindside feel like something is going on. Much like last weeks failure to fully prep an alliance for what could happen at Tribal Council, Natalie didn't bother to tell Baylor to be nice to Jon and not act like something was up. Natalie and Baylor should've been extra careful to not make Jon suspicious. I mean, they know he has an idol...god this season just sucks.

She's just more concerned with revenge than winning.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
"Revenge is a dish best left in the fridge until it expires and no one can eat it." - Natalie

I think she's gonna pull it off, though.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Binary Logic posted:

Natalie's flaw seems to be her desire to end up with an all-girl alliance.

Well now it makes sense to me why she didn't even contemplate targeting Jaclyn

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I got a shoutout on RHAP tonight.
My suggestion is tonight's hashtag. :3:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

xbilkis posted:

Nat appears to just be getting stir-crazy for no reason. She REALLY wanted that Jon boot
Yeah I think that was basically it. She was all amped up for her big move and then it got taken away from her when Jon won immunity. There wasn't enough to gain from that Alec vote for it to be worth it. Yeah, Keith has a better shot of taking out Jon in immunity but ehhh, Alec has a better poker face if you're attempting a blindside and come on, either one of them is going to be totally onboard a plan that keeps them in the game. I don't know if it will seriously damage her game but it was just unnecessary.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I think it may be more that voting out Jaclyn would put Jon on the defensive. He's the greater challenge threat of the two, so when the blindside comes, you'll want it to count - especially since he has an idol. Jaclyn will certainly implode without him around (she's been on the verge already).

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ghostpilot posted:

I think it may be more that voting out Jaclyn would put Jon on the defensive. He's the greater challenge threat of the two, so when the blindside comes, you'll want it to count - especially since he has an idol. Jaclyn will certainly implode without him around (she's been on the verge already).
While all of that is true taking a secondary shot at Jaclyn at leasts weakens his overall voting power. The way this seems to be setting up, he could go on a Beast Mode immunity run anyways (and I'm kind of predicting that he will).

Nat telling Jon to play his idol when he was guaranteed gone might have been the only shot Nat had to get rid of him.

The only thing Jon doesn't know is Nat has an idol in pocket but now that Missy knows she could blab that knowledge straight to Jon. Maybe. Who knows what side outside of "Love you, Bay" Missy is on.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

About 90% of my enjoyment this season is coming from Jeff slowly losing his drat mind at how spectacularly awful this year has been.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
That was an awful move by Natalie. It did nothing but throw shade on her and put Jon on the defensive (and ready to play his idol) and next TC. I was finally getting my hopes up that we might have a deserving winner in Natalie, and she had to go and blow it on that nonsense move :-(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

While all of that is true taking a secondary shot at Jaclyn at leasts weakens his overall voting power. The way this seems to be setting up, he could go on a Beast Mode immunity run anyways (and I'm kind of predicting that he will).

Nat telling Jon to play his idol when he was guaranteed gone might have been the only shot Nat had to get rid of him.

The only thing Jon doesn't know is Nat has an idol in pocket but now that Missy knows she could blab that knowledge straight to Jon. Maybe. Who knows what side outside of "Love you, Bay" Missy is on.

Voting out Jaclyn would be huge and they just completely ignore it time and time again. They could have done it the tribal that Jon played his idol, they could have done it again this week (twice no less) and yet there has been absolutely no mention of it. She hasn't had a single vote cast her way all game long and I'm not exactly sure why. Does everyone just assume she is a goat? Also, voting out Jaclyn puts a huge dent in Jons game because he counts on her vote, her presence and her support. Knock that down and I think he struggles in the game, especially with a target on his back.

Plus this is like the 3rd time that Jon/Jaclyn have been the couple in the middle and I'd think that people are tired of them having that sort of power, so break them up by taking out whichever one you can and then worry about the other later.

And as much as I don't want Jon to win, I think it would be funny if Natalie saving him backfires on her. She needs to learn the lesson of 'When you want someone out, take the first chance you get because you might not get another one.'

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Absolute Zero posted:

That was an awful move by Natalie. It did nothing but throw shade on her and put Jon on the defensive (and ready to play his idol) and next TC. I was finally getting my hopes up that we might have a deserving winner in Natalie, and she had to go and blow it on that nonsense move :-(

Yeah, it was such a stupid move and coupled with some other things, like letting John go to exile and get an idol, letting him off the hook last week, and just seeming complacent about making a move til it's too late proves to me that Natalie isn't a good player. She does some smart things socially and is good at reading people, but she just doesn't think well strategically from what's been shown so far. We lost the last good, deserving player with Reed tonight, he really deserves to come back on another season just based on the past two weeks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

God how terrible is it going to be if Jon wins?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I was getting worried about saying Natalie had no chance to win. Good thing she turned out to be a dope.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
the reason that move by Natalie made no sense is because she's a moron crossfit coach

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
If Natalie can escape the next vote she'll be in really good position with an HII to play.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, it was a pointless move and it's bad for her game, but I think she just got restless and made a mistake and otherwise has been a good player. In the meantime, she still has a final three agreement with Missy and Baylor, and Baylor was warned about this move, so assuming that deal holds up the best anyone can do against her is force a tie. Unless something crazy like the preview for next week happens.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I don't think the medevac in the preview will actually happen.

If she was actually gonna leave the game for it, it's more likely the preview would tease a medevac but wouldn't explicitly say it's Missy

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This season loving blows.

Yep. For me, it can be saved only by Keith "Fabio-ing" his way to a win, just for the sheer entertainment value that would provide.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Sand Monster posted:

Yep. For me, it can be saved only by Keith "Fabio-ing" his way to a win, just for the sheer entertainment value that would provide.

I would actually be fine with that, the way this season has gone.
Although I really want Natalie to win.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I gotta say Keith's idiot-savant-like gift for the immunity challenges is a welcome and funny surprise and makes what is usually one of the more boring parts of an episode more entertaining to watch. I would definitely be alright with him winning the whole thing, it would actually be perfectly fitting for the biggest idiot to be The Ultimate Survivor when there's nothing but idiots left.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I normally don't care when people spit but Keith does it so often that it has actually become disgusting for me. I'm guessing he has a chewing habit back at home and it's just a reflex though.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Survivor: San Juan del HURRR

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
Jury vote predictions:

Jeremy/Josh/Reed: I don’t see how anyone but Natalie gets a vote from these guys if she’s at FTC. If she gets eliminated, then they’ll hold their noses and vote for someone, but between the three of them, they’ve been burned by poor strategic play (which will be a big turnoff for them as serious fans) and poor relationship play by the remaining contenders of M, B, J, J and K. If Natalie goes out, all three of these guys are total wild cards and FTC will be really hard to predict.

Wes/Keith: Wes obviously votes Keith if Keith is at FTC. If he’s not, then this becomes a two vote block and of the remaining potential players of M, B, J, J and N, it’s hard to judge how their thinking will go. Natalie is probably the most likely simply due to not being seen as responsible for their vote out and potentially being seen as Keith’s savior at final 7. M/B seem hard to believe due to the personal distaste Keith/Wes have for Baylor but I could see Keith thinking (in his drawl) “That Missy is a tough old woman out here in the jungle with all us guys and she sure do deserve the money more than the pretty boy.” Or something similar. After Keith’s comments at the last tribal council, I doubt Jon and Jaclyn have any shot at his vote (he said Jon’s crying over his Dad was just playing for votes and that the voters should see through it).

Alex: Who knows? They really changed up his story in this last episode with being friendly to Jaclyn and the close relationship with Baylor. If Keith is left at the end, he may get Alex’s vote but up until now I was discounting any possibility of a vote for a woman from Alex. Now that he may have the perception of being burned by Baylor and Natalie, he may be leaning towards Jon or Jaclyn for his vote if Keith is out. Or maybe he votes Baylor in true school yard ‘pick on the girl you like’ fashion.

Jon/Jaclyn/Missy/Baylor: Their votes would go to either their partner, obviously, if they’re still in the game or to the other couple for being their partners for most of the game. I think by the time you reach final 6 or 5, you know that your allies have to act for themselves so nobody is going to be truly hurt by being voted out. Somebody has to go and with there being real life partners in the game, it seems clear to me that there will be far less animosity possible in the end game as nobody really expects anyone to vote out their own partner. It will be the swing voter of Natalie or Keith who will be the target for any bad feelings.

Natalie: Missy/Baylor if they’re at FTC. If it’s Keith/Jon/Jaclyn, she’d vote Keith.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

TMMadman posted:

Hahahaha, I don't even know why Jon is all confused. It doesn't even make a difference who got voted out.
Yes, it does make a difference. It wasn't the expected outcome and it means someone lied to him. Which is why it also happens to be a stupid move on Natalie's part.

TMMadman posted:

edit - Haha, Baylor also voted for Alec.
Baylor was supposed to vote Alec, though. She stuck to the plan. She could have hosed with Nat's plan by voting for Keith. However, Nat would then figured it out and Baylor kind of needs Natalie.

Joose Caboose posted:

I don't think the medevac in the preview will actually happen.

If she was actually gonna leave the game for it, it's more likely the preview would tease a medevac but wouldn't explicitly say it's Missy
Also, What the hell does it matter to Missy's game if she has a broken anything? She could lose a leg and her gameplay wouldn't change one iota.

Some stray thoughts:
-Jax is the goat, everyone but Keith (he doesn't care one way or the other) wants her in the final. That is the only sensible reason she wasn't targeted. Maybe, a very small maybe at that, it was the not trusting Keith and Alec bit, but Nat could have worked around that handicap since it wouldn't require too many votes. They were splitting and Alec would be voting for his life. Nat, Baylor and Alec would send her home. Alec's dumb but presumably understands this piece of the game (see the Rocker vote and Reed's plan)
-Baylor isn't such a bad player, relative to the field, certainly as good as Natalie at this point. Wondering if either couple realizes the advantage of being split before the jury, Missy and Baylor have the most to gain from it in my opinion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Natalie's big problem, and the reason I think she didn't go after Jaclyn, seems to be that Missy/Jon relationship. She has Baylor but with Jon in the game she doesn't have Missy. So if she and Baylor (and one or both of the guys) took out Jax then she'd have to worry about Jon/Missy striking back next Council and Jon has a solid relationship with the guys. After the way Baylor and Natalie talked about Missy/Jon this week I really think that if they took a shot at Jax this week then Nat would be gone next. On the flip side if they take out Jon Missy seems to fall back in with Baylor and Natalie and Jaclyn is a mess.

Granted, I think it was silly to pull this stunt to save Keith. I get it but it was an unnecessary wave that didn't accomplish enough. I agree that she was just let down she couldn't blindside Jon so forced a move.

She also probably should have volunteered to go to Exile Island that first Reward. That would have kept Jon away from the idol and coddled the Beautiful People's fragile egos by assuring at least one of them went on the reward. But that feels like Monday morning quarterbacking to me.

I don't think she's dead. Hopefully she can mend this with her allies and take a swipe at Jon next council. And even if she can't placate Jon she and Baylor can still pitch Missy on taking Jon out as a last ditch. Baylor seems loyal so that gives Nat a little wiggle room. And if Missy does get medivaced then that may bail Natalie out since her, Baylor, and Keith can just take out Jon/Jaclyn unless one of them wins immunity.

This season is frustrating but I haven't given up home on Team Survivor Sisters.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

And if Missy does get medivaced then that may bail Natalie out since her, Baylor, and Keith can just take out Jon/Jaclyn unless one of them wins immunity.

I had been thinking about that too. I think it would definitely consolidate them as a threesome against Jon/Jaclyn, but long-term I'm not convinced that Keith wouldn't take home a bitter jury vote. Keith is a tasty option for Wes, Jon, Jaclyn, and Alec to dump votes toward. Baylor would get Missy, and Natalie would get Josh, Jeremy, and Reed.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001

Poque posted:

I had been thinking about that too. I think it would definitely consolidate them as a threesome against Jon/Jaclyn, but long-term I'm not convinced that Keith wouldn't take home a bitter jury vote. Keith is a tasty option for Wes, Jon, Jaclyn, and Alec to dump votes toward. Baylor would get Missy, and Natalie would get Josh, Jeremy, and Reed.

How does that help Natalie? With Missy they can split votes, flush the idol and get rid of Jon or Jaclyn. With Missy gone, they are taking an idol risk and J/J could use that fear to flip Keith.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still floored that Jaclyns name wasn't floated at all last night. I don't understand why Jaclyn would be the goat when Missy/Baylor are still in the game. Jaclyn is nothing more than a second vote and support for Jon.

Nobody currently on the jury seems to like Missy at all and Baylor is only slightly better. It's the whole reason why Natalie wants to go to the final three with them. So it doesn't make any sense for her to want to keep Jaclyn around. Even if you accept that Jon would have Missy in his camp that still leaves Natalie/Baylor/Keith/Alec ready to vote out Jon.

The real problem is that the group gave him another HII by sending him to exile island. Natalie really should have seen that coming and offered to go herself. Then should would have 2 idols to play and only 3 tribals left to play them.

If Natalie/Missy/Baylor really want to be the final three, I think the right move would have been to vote out Jaclyn last night instead of Alec, force Jon to use his HII next tribal and hope he doesn't win immunity with five left. Well actually it would have been to vote out Jon instead of Reed, but that ship had sailed.

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001
Natalie has a weird gender thing going on where she wants an all girl alliance and is overly afraid of an all guy alliance. This seems to be blinding her to a Jaclyn vote. Or maybe she thinks that the animosity towards Jon from the others won't translate to Jaclyn and doesn't want to seem too ruthless. If you use some emotional appeal to target one person it can be odd if you then switch targets based on cold calculating logic.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Milovan Drecun posted:

-Baylor isn't such a bad player, relative to the field, certainly as good as Natalie at this point. Wondering if either couple realizes the advantage of being split before the jury, Missy and Baylor have the most to gain from it in my opinion.
She's lazy and everyone is calling her a brat. On top of that, this potential Jon blindside withstanding, she's just been following around Missy since Missy told her to "get in the back seat" post-merge. "Certainly as good as Natalie"? I don't think so.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The reason why Natalie wanted Alec out instead of Keith? He was the last remaining post-merge single along with Natalie and would potentially have been a good person to bring to the end for any of the two pairs left. I would even argue that it would have been the only person that had a chance to lose against Missy/Baylor in the end.

Her plan at this point should be to take out Jon/Jax the next two council and than play up the jury threat that Keith is, because he has Wes campaigning for him, to get Missy and Baylor to take her to the final 3, where she will win. Interestingly this would also be the best achievable outcome for Missy and Baylor, because I dont see them winning, but they would get 2nd and 3rd place which is not to shabby.

The alternative of voting out Jaclyn is stupid because while it weakens Jon's position in the game, it does not strenghten her position. Oh and if you vote Jaclyn out there is a pretty clear guys alliance of Jon/Keith/Alec that would have gone against Baylor/Missy/Natalie

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I want to believe the remaining pairs are smart enough to get rid of Natalie and take a dive at final 4. Going to the jury as a team is insane on BvsW. A final of Jon/Baylor/Missy gives Jon a free jury vote and Ponderosa lobbyist.

Ideally everyone will figure this out and make Jeff mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only one who just doesn't see a guys alliance forming? Keith and Alec don't seem to really like Jon all that much and they've been trying to vote him out for the past 3/4 tribals.

I just don't think Jon could go to them and say 'hey want to be a final three?' Even though Keith doesn't like Missy/Baylor, I think he'd be willing to work with them to take out Jon so he can be part of a final five with a huge challenge gone.

• Locked thread