Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

zen death robot posted:

How many times have you watched it now

not enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone ordered some arm slicing lightsabers?

I dont understand lightsabers. Why not just get a lasergun? Theyre light lightsabers except you get to use them from far away. Also whats the deal with these stupid lightsaber variants like tonfas or whips or nunchucks? A sword I can KINDA understand eventhough a gun would be more useful, but anything more stupid and complicated is just loving dumb as poo poo.

Lets not forget about this rear end in a top hat!

Yo rear end in a top hat, give me one good reason you are overcomplicating this? "Hey I lost all my reach and have to bend my arms weird ways to slash anything but at least I..."

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gutcruncher posted:

I dont understand lightsabers. Why not just get a lasergun? Theyre light lightsabers except you get to use them from far away. Also whats the deal with these stupid lightsaber variants like tonfas or whips or nunchucks? A sword I can KINDA understand eventhough a gun would be more useful, but anything more stupid and complicated is just loving dumb as poo poo.

well, its a fantasy universe.. it doesnt have to make 100% logical sense.....

thanks for reading my post

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATeU-r0GDU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

TEAYCHES posted:

well, its a fantasy universe.. it doesnt have to make 100% logical sense.....

thanks for reading my post

Also laser swords made more sense when they were some ancient relic treasured by old dudes like dark Vader and obiwon and used in the distant past by long dead adherants to a mystical order of knights or something.... as it seemed in the first movie

But then we find out the universe has been ruled by millions of force using laser sword swinging Catholic monks up until just 17 years prior. And this all power empire is just some short lived upstart that doesn't even last two decades
Then every body is back to swinging swords.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"your sad devotion to that ancient religion"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how is star trek anyway

i just remember the trailer with kid kirk driving a car off the road and then dragging the dirt with his hands and i laughed cuz that was some Michael Bay poo poo

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The last movie was a disappointment and it turned out JJ Abrams didn't want to do it anyway (no wonder he jumped ship to Star Wars as soon as he could) and Roberto Orci had a drunk meltdown on the internet and the franchise is now finally dead, dead forever, :rip: Stur Traak

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Harime Nui posted:

The last movie was a disappointment and it turned out JJ Abrams didn't want to do it anyway (no wonder he jumped ship to Star Wars as soon as he could) and Roberto Orci had a drunk meltdown on the internet and the franchise is now finally dead, dead forever, :rip: Stur Traak

How much of this is true?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
gently caress they re-blocked youtube at work. How else am I going to watch the trailer every day until the movie premiers?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Booties posted:

gently caress they re-blocked youtube at work. How else am I going to watch the trailer every day until the movie premiers?

idk any smart phone would probably suffice

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want Solid Snake to be a Jedi Knight.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

a starwar betamax posted:

And this all power empire is just some short lived upstart that doesn't even last two decades

Luke and Obi-wan mention in A New Hope that Obi-wan fought in the clone wars before the Empire took over. He's around 60 in A New Hope, and assuming he fought as a young adult in the clone wars that makes the Empire a maximum of what, 40 years old? 45?

Even without the dumbshit prequels ruining everything good about Star Wars, the Empire hadn't been around for very long.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Frank Horrigan posted:

Luke and Obi-wan mention in A New Hope that Obi-wan fought in the clone wars before the Empire took over. He's around 60 in A New Hope, and assuming he fought as a young adult in the clone wars that makes the Empire a maximum of what, 40 years old? 45?

Even without the dumbshit prequels ruining everything good about Star Wars, the Empire hadn't been around for very long.

does he specifically say the clon wars is before the empire?

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

does he specifically say the clon wars is before the empire?

Had to look up the quote on imdb, and he actually doesn't. Huh. Nevermind then :v:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Frank Horrigan posted:

Had to look up the quote on imdb, and he actually doesn't. Huh. Nevermind then :v:

oh cool. oh well, so i guess the prequiles are bad huh

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want Solid Snake to be a Jedi Knight.
*in gruff, incredulous/incomprehending voice* "SITH lords??"

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

oh cool. oh well, so i guess the prequiles are bad huh

I liked the part where Anakin was broody and Padme stared blankly.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
will this be rated pg and have no real violence or nudity? Will it have at least 1 gently caress in it?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i think its pg-13

pretty good for 13 year olds

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

satanic splash-back posted:

i think its pg-13

pretty good for 13 year olds

so that means they can show tits once, say drat and poo poo up to what 10 times, and gently caress once, awesome.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
how many times can they say sithspit

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Fetus Tree posted:

how many times can they say sithspit
I forgot about that word. Thanks a lot. *heavily emphasises "lot", rolls eyes, crosses arms, dismissively goes "tssss"*

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Frank Horrigan posted:

I watched the RLM commentary for New Hope the other day and they were going on about how the actors playing Luke's aunt and uncle were in their 60s during filming but in RotS they were in their early 20's and how that doesn't make any sense. Maybe they're all hobbits and age really really slow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I hope they have the scene from the thrawn series where ghost obi wan teaches luke to make hot chocolate.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why were they called the clone wars, and not the CIS War or the Droid War? If they needed to flesh out a purposely vague "Clone War" mentioned offhandedly in the originals why not make the bad guys be the ones who use 10 year old slave soldiers instead of only semi-sapient robots. Or hell, make the war be about cloning. Like, somebody wanted to make clones but clones are illegal so they fought a war or something.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why were they called the clone wars, and not the CIS War or the Droid War? If they needed to flesh out a purposely vague "Clone War" mentioned offhandedly in the originals why not make the bad guys be the ones who use 10 year old slave soldiers instead of only semi-sapient robots. Or hell, make the war be about cloning. Like, somebody wanted to make clones but clones are illegal so they fought a war or something.

Because Lucas is a talentless hack, duh :rolleyes:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Also laser swords made more sense when they were some ancient relic treasured by old dudes like dark Vader and obiwon and used in the distant past by long dead adherants to a mystical order of knights or something

this and clone wars was some hosed up conflict that happened semi-recently during the 1000s year reign of the empire
:colbert:

really I just came in here to post that leia's daughter should join the dark side near the end and kill luke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

so that means they can show tits once, say drat and poo poo up to what 10 times, and gently caress once, awesome.

Tits make it R

Because in America gratuitous violence is fine but sex is bad

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Colbert puts forth an argument in favor of the broadsword lightsaber (Lightbroadsword?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlvatkLU0U

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Premeditated Toast posted:

Colbert puts forth an argument in favor of the broadsword lightsaber (Lightbroadsword?)

makes sense imo

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

TEAYCHES posted:

makes sense imo

Well duh, I knew this all along.

But what's with these Youtube videos that repeat everything twice? Youtube ruined, everything ruined!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Phlairdon posted:

I watched the RLM commentary for New Hope the other day and they were going on about how the actors playing Luke's aunt and uncle were in their 60s during filming but in RotS they were in their early 20's and how that doesn't make any sense. Maybe they're all hobbits and age really really slow.

shouldn't they have looked even younger in IV then? poo poo's stupid anyway.
the thing from the RLM reviews i tend to agree with the most might be that the prequels totally hosed up by overemphasizing the importance of darth vader and making the entire story about his fall and "the prophecy", because really in ANH he was nothing more than some rear end in a top hat in a robot suit who was outranked by governor tarkin, he was also there as the sole visible remnant of the jedi order (which of course is why he had the lightsaber). he was NOT space jesus.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

The prequels are loving trash and everyone should just forget they exist

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

AceClown posted:

The prequels are loving trash and everyone should just forget they exist

What a controversial opinion

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Premeditated Toast posted:

i'd thought of this as well

i thought nerds who have spent the last 30 years justifying every plot contradiction in the entire eu would be more mentally flexible

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Neurosis posted:

i'd thought of this as well

i thought nerds who have spent the last 30 years justifying every plot contradiction in the entire eu would be more mentally flexible

Well, they spent the last 30 years justifying every plot contradiction in the entire eu only for JJ to say "nah, I'm going to ignore that stupid poo poo"; quite frankly I'm surprised there hasn't been some nerd who tried to sabotage the production.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

people need to remember that the original EU explanation before it got fixed by lucas was that the clones took a full 18 years to grow that's why the clone army was started in secret way before the clone wars. They had to get a first batch going and then enough going they could get new replacements every year.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

Tits make it R

Because in America gratuitous violence is fine but sex is bad

no PG 13 allows tits once. They rate g rated movies now as PG-13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread