Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

rkajdi posted:

It is converted-- It doesn't have the rape tentacle still attached.

Jesus Christ. Is that better or worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

I'd go worse, since there are 2-3 other girls attached to the giant anime rape monster. Kingdom Death is the worst.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: every time I learn more about kingdom death, I thank god I'll never have to play with people who bought that poo poo.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

:eyepop: every time I learn more about kingdom death, I thank god I'll never have to play with people who bought that poo poo.

It may be a while before those people even get to play with themselves (heyo) because the Kickstarter for the game looks to be just over a year behind schedule at this point.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

rkajdi posted:

It is converted-- It doesn't have the rape tentacle still attached.

I didn't recognize it under the trees and lovely painting.

Len posted:

Well, lookie :nws: here. What do you think?

Also, while I may look like she's attached to the nurse in this shot, it's actually merely a dick tentacle going for the soft parts.

Another thing is that it while it looks like a great heap of random tits, it always looks like cock and balls from any sort of distance.

Then again, Kingdom Death is 50% cool knights, 50% rape stuff. And most regular minis have a sexy/pin up version, logic be damned.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Really enjoying the thought of sending holiday cards with that monstrosity as suggested at the bottom of the page.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Colonial Air Force posted:

Really enjoying the thought of sending holiday cards with that monstrosity as suggested at the bottom of the page.

Hmmm, how about a tasteful canvas version to put up in my office at work.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

That strikes me as strange as well. The ship itself is sloppy and looks like rear end, but the freehand is actually quite good.

Not really strange. He's learned to paint on canvas (or paper with watercolours) so can do freehand. But doesn't have a clue about minis techniques like washes or even thinning paints and how much paint you want on the brush.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I never got the THIN YOUR PAINTS stuff. I never thin my paints and the stuff I do turns out just fine :shrug:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Business Gorillas posted:

I never got the THIN YOUR PAINTS stuff. I never thin my paints and the stuff I do turns out just fine :shrug:

I think it's less "THIN YOUR PAINTS" and more "DAUB SOME OF THE EXCESS PAINT OFF YOUR BRUSH AND ONTO A PAPER TOWEL, BEFORE APPLYING IT TO A MINIATURE" :v:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It may be a while before those people even get to play with themselves (heyo) because the Kickstarter for the game looks to be just over a year behind schedule at this point.

He is UNAPOLOGETIC late. Like, people jump out of the woodwork to defend him despite the fact that he basically posted "I have no idea what I'm doing, and it will be done when it is done, god". At least he started posting the status of some items, but I pretty much gave up on following it.

Seriously, take a look at the kickstarter comments sometime. It is a horrible community.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think it's less "THIN YOUR PAINTS" and more "DAUB SOME OF THE EXCESS PAINT OFF YOUR BRUSH AND ONTO A PAPER TOWEL, BEFORE APPLYING IT TO A MINIATURE" :v:

Pretty much. And excess paint isn't quite so much of an issue in an ordinary painting (depending on the medium - watercolour on paper it can be fatal to the paper itself) because you can't obscure the details of the underlying paper.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Business Gorillas posted:

A: You probably aren't using lovely paint.
B: You probably have enough patience to not add four coats of paint before the others properly dry and make the whole thing a blobby mess.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

HALP

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'm choosing to auto-fail my Discover roll :gonk:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

That's either a lot of washes over grey primer or crayon

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm sorry, this is one of the best models I've ever seen.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I'm sorry, this is one of the best models I've ever seen.

It's true. My models will never have that light, fluffy texture.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

And they were slain, after all man's devices had failed, by the humblest of things- butter.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

It's true. My models will never have that light, fluffy texture.

They achieved a rich, golden brown which is very difficult to do.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Holy poo poo the detail and blending on that hull is amazing

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

There's a Necroissant, where's the rest of the C'tanental Breakfast?

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

People mocked me for pointing out the trend of Warhammer bread armies at the start of this thread. Now I bask in my well earned smugness.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
The necron pilot looks a tad under done though. A little egg wash would really help those colours pop.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

could I get a side of bacon and eggs for 400pts?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
If you're prepared to pay US$50 (AU$85) for it, sure.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I would totally build an army that was nothing but flying bases and mr potato head style pieces for the pilots and guns with pins in the back, specifically designed to accommodate a wide variety of foodstuffs. Think of the versatility, one day your war machine is a croissant, the next, a sweet potato, the following week it's a sausage

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Sausage is appropriate both for Khorne and Slaanesh armies.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

So when it gets destroyed, do you eat it?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kerzoro posted:

So when it gets destroyed, do you eat it?

Yes. Also, it is full of tiny crunchy skulls.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
This Rhino is converted from a hard drive for some reason.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The details need a bit of work but the concept's sound, considering how many official Imperium (IG or Space Marine) vehicles are lumbering bricks anyway.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Here's a counts-as Contemptor that just looks like a rejected Battletech design:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

NGDBSS posted:

The details need a bit of work but the concept's sound, considering how many official Imperium (IG or Space Marine) vehicles are lumbering bricks anyway.

Yeah, that looks a lot better than it has any right to.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
HD rhino loving owns.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

Here's a counts-as Contemptor that just looks like a rejected Battletech design:

poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo poo poo SHITSHITSHITSHITthud

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

NGDBSS posted:

It also actually looks to scale, in that I can imagine 10 marines fitting inside it.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Apollodorus posted:

It also actually looks to scale, in that I can imagine 10 marines fitting inside it.

It made me think of a universal carrier from WW2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StErN
Jul 19, 2004
Painted this little gem myself. I just felt this need to paint, then remembered I had left all my paints at my friend's house earlier in the week. No fear, my girlfriend has a bunch of craft paints, what could possibly go wrong...:getin:

I really don't paint much better with model paints....