Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

Well, back in the day they didn't cast Daniel Dae Kim for his singing ability.

Honestly him and Kinzie's VA do a pretty good job for not being singers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If I wanted in-tune sing-a-longs I wouldn't be playing Saints Row in the first place :colbert:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
It just wouldn't seem to be in character for street fightin' thug Johnny Gat to be able to sing to Disney standards anyway.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Part of me regrets clicking that early, the other half says shut the gently caress up and enjoy it. :stare:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

achillesforever6 posted:

Ahahah I love Travis Willingham as Satan :allears:

E: Also :lol at all the whinny comments, "What have they done to my Saints Row!!! :qq:"

Man, I'm one of those "I miss SR2 and the series being less wacky" dudes and even I think this trailer was wonderful.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

achillesforever6 posted:

Also :lol: at all the whinny comments, "What have they done to my Saints Row!!! :qq:"

Same here- it's like some people had the sense of fun surgically removed :rolleyes: Jezebel seems too nice for Gat though- maybe we can hook her up with Matt or something? I just want a happily ever after for her :glomp:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Is this what whimsy feels like?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
And maybe I'm just blind, but is this the first time we're seeing Gat's Purple Right Hand?

EDIT: Oh God send help I can't stop listening to the song. What's Kinzie's last line by the way?

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 4, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

CommissarMega posted:

What's Kinzie's last line by the way?
"The day isn't over yet.
Our Sun's not begun to set.
No matter how small
The wings of a fly
Can create hurricanes."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

"The day isn't over yet.
Our Sun's not begun to set.
No matter how small
The wings of a fly
Can create hurricanes."

Thanks man! Man, I seriously hope that this is in the game, and that we get at least a few more.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zaa Boogie posted:

omgomgomg :aaaaa:

The only way this can be better is if the entire thing really *is* a musical. :allears:

It's not a musical, its a Disney movie.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/3/7328687/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-musical-scene

quote:

Why is there a musical number in the new Saints Row? Well, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, its creators say, was inspired by Disney fare like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.

"I wanted [Gat Out of Hell] to feel like a Disney movie, a Disney fairytale, with whimsical love songs," creative director Steve Jaros told Polygon earlier this year. "So we got to play with a lot of tropes that are standard in the fairytale space. If you watch something like Sleeping Beauty, a birthday party is what kicks off the terrible events, so a birthday party kicks off our terrible event. Jezebel is a happy princess and, in hell, rebellion is to be happy, so she rebels against her father [Satan] by saying she doesn't want to be forced to marry anybody she doesn't love.

"And instead of having talking animals, we have a talking gun."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've been fine with the ride into madness that is SR 3 and up but I kind of hope the entire game isn't like this at least. I don't hate fun or anything but Disney style musicals aren't really my thing so if it's like that the whole time it will be a bit of a strain on my personal tastes anyway. It's certainly a brave an unexpected move though, drat.

Now if it was a Blues Brothers style musical I'd be all over that. Well actually I already pre-ordered so I'm playing it either way, but you know what I mean.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Doomsayer posted:

Also, why does Kinzie not get a bitchin' swole demon arm that's all burned and scarred? Her's looks like someone just drew on her arm with a pink gel pen.

It's purple not pink.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So is there a way to digitally preorder on PS4 that I don't know about? I'd like to be able to preload if it's available.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Light Gun Man posted:

I've been fine with the ride into madness that is SR 3 and up but I kind of hope the entire game isn't like this at least. I don't hate fun or anything but Disney style musicals aren't really my thing so if it's like that the whole time it will be a bit of a strain on my personal tastes anyway. It's certainly a brave an unexpected move though, drat.

Now if it was a Blues Brothers style musical I'd be all over that. Well actually I already pre-ordered so I'm playing it either way, but you know what I mean.

It sounds like it's not. But this is essentially a Saint's Row take on the classic Disney canon, so they have a musical number.

Shakespeare's boss fight is going to be AMAZING if this is anything to go by.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The musical stuff seems pretty funny, should work out well for a side-game though I'm curious if they're going to reboot the series or just keep going with the crazy past this point.

Also reminds me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_YN-yRCVY

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

The musical stuff seems pretty funny, should work out well for a side-game though I'm curious if they're going to reboot the series or just keep going with the crazy past this point.

Also reminds me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_YN-yRCVY

Thanks so much for posting this video - I remember trying to find it when IV came out, because of how much the Rifts reminded me of the bugs in this video. Like, they very specifically recreate these glitches, in the Rifts.

I think it's pretty cool that they keep moving away from the po-faced style of the GTA series. It's what they were looking for in SR3 until they settled on a direction in SRIV. It's working great for them. Loved the musical trailer (both of them).

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

circ dick soleil posted:

It's purple not pink.

I agree that it should be, obviously, but it looks goddamned pink :colbert:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I love that Volition is able to change gears and keep things fresh like this.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

CommissarMega posted:

Same here- it's like some people had the sense of fun surgically removed :rolleyes: Jezebel seems too nice for Gat though- maybe we can hook her up with Matt or something? I just want a happily ever after for her :glomp:

The whole plot of the game is that Satan kidnaps the Boss and forces him to marry Jezebel for reasons that I don't think we know about yet.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The main problem with this story is that I don't see why someone wouldn't want to marry the boss.

...well, maybe that whole "is a homicidal maniac" thing might be a turnoff. If you're boring.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

OH NO MAN posted:

The main problem with this story is that I don't see why someone wouldn't want to marry the boss.

...well, maybe that whole "is a homicidal maniac" thing might be a turnoff. If you're boring.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh. Yeah. Obviously, what I meant to say was "homicidal maniac and possibly an eldritch abomination."

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

OH NO MAN posted:

Oh. Yeah. Obviously, what I meant to say was "homicidal maniac and possibly an eldritch abomination."

That's the real danger. Imagine waking up one day next to your muscular white buff husband, and you roll over to see that overnight they turned into a morbidly obese Hispanic woman with the voice of Nolan North. Stability in a relationship is not the Boss' forte.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Holy poo poo, it's an Esh-Kha

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

The whole plot of the game is that Satan kidnaps the Boss and forces him to marry Jezebel for reasons that I don't think we know about yet.

This game has to be fanfiction, theres no way anyone wouldn't want to marry MY boss. Also that they could keep the boss caged for more than a few minutes haha.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lyer posted:

This game has to be fanfiction, theres no way anyone wouldn't want to marry MY boss. Also that they could keep the boss caged for more than a few minutes haha.

I'm pretty sure that floating purple crystal in her room is the Boss, frozen Han Solo-style.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I know the Boss isn't really in the game past the very beginning, due to not being able to get all seven voice actors back. But my question is, is the Boss going to at least look like the Boss we used in IV? I know it seems like it's probably not the case, but I'll be pretty bummed if I can't at least see my Bailey-Boss frozen in carbonite.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm pretty sure I read that it'll look at your IV save file if you have one on the same system and grab that Boss.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Doomsayer posted:

I agree that it should be, obviously, but it looks goddamned pink :colbert:

I don't know why you'd think that because it's the same color as the one on Gat's arm.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm pretty sure I read that it'll look at your IV save file if you have one on the same system and grab that Boss.

Plus they have, you know, a whole website that lets you transfer over characters. I cannot possibly imagine a world in which Volition wouldn't at least offer a way to let your customized Boss show up ingame.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, it'll look at the latest save file in SR4 to determine the Boss in Gat out of Hell.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

circ dick soleil posted:

I don't know why you'd think that because it's the same color as the one on Gat's arm.

I think his looks darker because his arm is all scarred and burned and badass. Which brings me back to my original complaint :colbert:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
That was the greatest video game trailer ever made.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

Political reasons? Satan gets a connection to the President slash God Emperor For Life.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

Political reasons? Satan gets a connection to the President slash God Emperor For Life.

give him a good tumble

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

El Tortuga posted:

I know the Boss isn't really in the game past the very beginning, due to not being able to get all seven voice actors back.
what the gently caress urgh. Change the voices if you have to, I'd rather have my boss sound different than have him be a mute weirdo/absent

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Trailer reaction from another thread:

muscles like this? posted:

That just reminds me of the Last of Us outtake where they were mocapping one of the scenes and they played a prank on Troy Baker when all the other characters started singing. But then he just plays along by singing too.
I really really badly want them to have managed to get at least Baker back for this. He's my Boss anyway.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

My Boss's voice wasn't in IV so she sounded wrong the whole game anyway. So at least I won't be bothered by anything like that when I run around wrecking poo poo with Kinzie instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Vanderdeath posted:

Man, I'm one of those "I miss SR2 and the series being less wacky" dudes and even I think this trailer was wonderful.

• Locked thread