Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, I did not expect BAs to keep their flame pistols. That's a nice little bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Pierzak posted:

Meltas come in pistol size now?

Inferno pistols have been a thing for a long time. Not common though. Inquisition and some SoB units can get them, maybe a couple characters in other books.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 4, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ghetto wormhole posted:

Inferno pistols have been a thing for a long time. Not common though. Inquisition and some SoB units can get them, maybe a few couple characters in other books.
Dante, grand Poobah of the Blood Angels has one.

I like the look of these new BA kits. They're a bit blingy, but they're Blood Angels after all. Mix a box of their tac squad duders with a box of regular tac squad models and you'd have a nice selection of Marines who aren't ridiculously overblinged.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Pierzak posted:

Meltas come in pistol size now?

The Inferno Pistol, for when you actually want to be hit when the targeted vehicle explodes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
That one I know about, but IIRC it was some rare wargear and not something that'd need its own bits.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Pierzak posted:

That one I know about, but IIRC it was some rare wargear and not something that'd need its own bits.

It'll be neat if BA can take them in regular sergeants now.

Either give the space marine chapters with their own books a ton of stuff to differentiate them from regular SM or just combine them back into the C:SM book.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

ghetto wormhole posted:

It'll be neat if BA can take them in regular sergeants now.

Either give the space marine chapters with their own books a ton of stuff to differentiate them from regular SM or just combine them back into the C:SM book.

BA ASM sergeants can already take Infernus Pistols but they are only 6" range which makes it almost impossible to take advantage of the Melta rule. Also they are 15 points each. It's hard to justify the points for a niche pistol when you can just get a power sword/axe instead.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 5, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sykic posted:

The Inferno Pistol, for when you actually want to be hit when the targeted vehicle explodes.

Last week my admech magos one shotted a charging knight in overwatch using his itsy bitsy noisy cricket (IE: inferno pistol)

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
That heavy bolter looks so great that I want to buy a whole bunch and put them on regular SMs but I know I'll never use them. Unnecessary hams, the best hams.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really wasn't planning on buying that BA tactical set (I already have a billion unpainted marines) and using extras from the Death Company box instead, but those are some very pretty bits.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!

Slimnoid posted:

That's a lot of bits.

From the looks of this new kit I take it it really is a "Blood Angels only" sprue and thus the bits aren't suited to BA successors such as Flesh Tearers etc?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Anyone have any experience with Deepcut Studios battle mats? Me and a friend are considering ordering a couple from them. We live in Europe and don't like Gamemat's designs.

Wow I love that asteroid themed mat

http://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/wargames-terrain-mat-4-x6-asteroid-field-theme

If I didn't already own a space Fat mat I would look at it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

not lame! posted:

From the looks of this new kit I take it it really is a "Blood Angels only" sprue and thus the bits aren't suited to BA successors such as Flesh Tearers etc?
Same as the Death Company kit really. I figure a lot of that iconography can carry over though. Gabriel Seth has wings on his backpack and the blood drop motif is still part of the Flesh Tearers' iconography.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Deepcut Studios mats tend to slide a bit but if you have any sort of underlay or grain on the table it's just fine. I like everything else about them so far, I got one for X-wing and one for generic games so far and might want others.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Wow, I did not expect BAs to keep their flame pistols. That's a nice little bonus.

Salamanders/Blood Angels army here I come.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

PantsOptional posted:

That heavy bolter looks so great that I want to buy a whole bunch and put them on regular SMs but I know I'll never use them. Unnecessary hams, the best hams.

Seriously if HBs were salvo 2/4 weapons I'd take a dev squad of them in a heartbeat.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Anyone have any experience with Deepcut Studios battle mats? Me and a friend are considering ordering a couple from them. We live in Europe and don't like Gamemat's designs.

I have a 4x4 Fields Theme (green) one - they do pretty much what they say - flat, PVC mat - looks good, rolls up and comes in a poster tube - I use mine for warmachine and malifaux as I have a realm of battle for 6x4. There are too many skulls on those for non-40k games !

It does the job, and rolls up and goes away nicely- I stick mine down with blu-tac, but I'm thinking of using velcro on one of my boards just for convenience

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

The heavy bolter is easily the coolest looking heavy weapon for marines. It's just really underwhelming. The old Deathwatch rules from like 3rd had a pretty cool workaround though. If one of them took a heavy bolter it came with a suspensor web and you could move and shoot it up to 18". I think suspensor webs are still things in 30k, but it'd be great to see them come back in 40k. Even if it's only for heavy bolters to give them a nice niche.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Heavy bolters with rending are pretty boss. Shame SOB can only do their act of faith once a game.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Renfield posted:

I have a 4x4 Fields Theme (green) one - they do pretty much what they say - flat, PVC mat - looks good, rolls up and comes in a poster tube - I use mine for warmachine and malifaux as I have a realm of battle for 6x4. There are too many skulls on those for non-40k games !

It does the job, and rolls up and goes away nicely- I stick mine down with blu-tac, but I'm thinking of using velcro on one of my boards just for convenience

So those mats arent like the "mouse pad" mats that Frontline has?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
'Giant' mouse pads mats.

At least they don't cost $100 like the frontline ones :v:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

BULBASAUR posted:

'Giant' mouse pads mats.

At least they don't cost $100 like the frontline ones :v:

Yeah, even converting it to ameribucks only puts it at $62.55, $78.08 with shipping (assuming that's international, anyway).

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
My LGS has a noticeable lack of anti-air in people's armies. I am to shake up the meta a bit.

Admiral Wingnutz, ready da ladz!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I loving love 40k airforces. Really hoping BA get access to the Stormtalon.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I loving love 40k airforces. Really hoping BA get access to the Stormtalon.

I reckon they will or will get something new.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I should probably wait till they release Leman Russ but hot drat is it tempting to get into 30k everytime I look at the likes of Horus, Ferrus, and Vulcan on Forgeworlds website.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Last week my admech magos one shotted a charging knight in overwatch using his itsy bitsy noisy cricket (IE: inferno pistol)

After it was shot up buy a Warhound Titan in a 1500 pt game with 1850 pts worth of an army. Cool story though bruh. ;)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Sisko posted:

I should probably wait till they release Leman Russ but hot drat is it tempting to get into 30k everytime I look at the likes of Horus, Ferrus, and Vulcan on Forgeworlds website.

:colbert:

Stanyer89 posted:

After it was shot up buy a Warhound Titan in a 1500 pt game with 1850 pts worth of an army. Cool story though bruh. ;)

Somebody is still salty

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

:flashfap:

I need like 6 of these.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Since one or two goons expressed interest in some of the older figures, I thought I'd share something I came across at ShopGoodwill. It looks to be roughly 8 lbs of second edition era figures and books with about five days left on bidding.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

:awesome:

Let me add that to the list as well. 30k looks like a hoot as far as I can tell. I'm seriously tempted to buy a Primarch and making project out of it (I like Angron partially for fluff and also I love the sense of movement in the model)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ghost Hand posted:

So those mats arent like the "mouse pad" mats that Frontline has?

The Gamemat.eu ones are, but the deepcut studio ones are pretty much like floor tiles in material

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

I came.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well, that's amazing. Is that Curze?

Also, possible End Times for 40K coming? http://nblo.gs/11OrFx The Emperor was working on more genetic poo poo when the HH went down, so maybe super-duper-soldiers for loyalists? Emperor dies? WHO KNOWS??

e: actually Graham McNeill says no: http://graham-mcneill.com/#!/end-times-not-coming/

also,

This has to be the best-posed Primarch yet

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 5, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bought.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Got drat

e: Also if he broke NDA no surprise he is doing rumor control. It could go either way really. I remember reading about GWs plans for 41K (which got scrapped) so its not outside the realm of possibility

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 5, 2014

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

BULBASAUR posted:

Got drat

e: Also if he broke NDA no surprise he is doing rumor control. It could go either way really. I remember reading about GWs plans for 41K (which got scrapped) so its not outside the realm of possibility

Were they actual plans, or some stuff tossed onto the web by fanboys? I've been around this hobby since the mid 90s and don't recall ever seeing anything pertaining to 41k.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, those flayed marines are just brutal.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Cataphract posted:

Man, those flayed marines are just brutal.

Nitpick, but they're supposed to be solar auxilia, right? That's what their armor says to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

Nitpick, but they're supposed to be solar auxilia, right? That's what their armor says to me.

Yeah, his description says 'His scenic display base includes the corpses of Konrad’s latest victims, a pair of Solar Auxilia warriors, one of them literally torn limb from limb.'

• Locked thread