Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Fast Luck posted:

She's lazy and everyone is calling her a brat. On top of that, this potential Jon blindside withstanding, she's just been following around Missy since Missy told her to "get in the back seat" post-merge. "Certainly as good as Natalie"? I don't think so.

lol are you serious Natalie is a dolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TMMadman posted:

Am I the only one who just doesn't see a guys alliance forming?

I think you may be onto something fresh here, weirdly I agree that a two-man guys alliance with six players remaining might not work

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Homestar Runner posted:

lol are you serious Natalie is a dolt

Another reason that her gameplay's bad is that as far as the jury can see she hasn't really done much yet. There's really no moves she can point to as her's yet, time is running out, yet she's passed up the opportunity two weeks in a row to remove the one person who is perceived by the jury as this season's biggest force, as well as not even thinking to remove his partner. Everything good gameplay-wise she's done is stuff that isn't apparent to the jury and she's running out of people to make her move with.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Parity warning posted:

I think you may be onto something fresh here, weirdly I agree that a two-man guys alliance with six players remaining might not work

No, I meant I don't think the guys would have formed an alliance if Natalie/Baylor/Keith/Alec had voted out Jaclyn.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo this season is terrible. This is the first time in 29 seasons I've ever been tempted to just fast forward to tribal and ignore the rest of the episode.

The closest to a not-totally-worthless player left is Natalie and she's pretty drat bad. The only good result at this point is a Fabio-style vote of no confidence from the jury giving Keith the win.

If anyone but *maybe* Josh and Reed even sniff the possibility of a return to the show Probst should be doused in kerosene and set on fire.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BGrifter posted:

Holy poo poo this season is terrible. This is the first time in 29 seasons I've ever been tempted to just fast forward to tribal and ignore the rest of the episode.

The closest to a not-totally-worthless player left is Natalie and she's pretty drat bad. The only good result at this point is a Fabio-style vote of no confidence from the jury giving Keith the win.

If anyone but *maybe* Josh and Reed even sniff the possibility of a return to the show Probst should be doused in kerosene and set on fire.

Jeremy will get an invite probably.

I actually found myself liking Reed a lot more than I liked Josh by the end of it. I wish we would've gotten to see more of him pre-merge.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going to echo this being a bad season. I wonder if the Julie quit hadn't happened how much different it would be. Jon and Jacquelyn keep voting off all the interesting people.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Poque posted:

I actually found myself liking Reed a lot more than I liked Josh by the end of it. I wish we would've gotten to see more of him pre-merge.

Jeremy was a somewhat entertaining spaz, but I don't see much upside for him as a serious contender even in the wake of what Tony did.

Josh and Reed both have a small amount of potential to turn out interesting if they had a cast of moderately coherent players to work with, but I wouldn't be disappointed if this season got entirely skipped for any future All-Stars/FvF/whatever.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Even bad seasons have seen plenty of entertaining players return. They always do struggle to fill all of the slots, and I think Josh, Reed, and Jeremy would jump at the chance to play a game with non-terrible players.

The strangest thing is how so many players aren't just playing Bad Survivor; absolutely no one has looked at how couples change strategy.

With plenty of male/female pairs, there's no way a gender-based alliance could ever get any traction. Its baffling that no one has attempted a single strike against Jon or Jaclyn.

I'm usually the type to argue for the importance of an all-newbie season, but there's no WAY a single veteran would keep one couple together this late in the game.

I get that players can be cautious to make a big play against those seen at running the game - last season we saw Tony waltz his way to a victory. But I also understood why no one felt like taking him on.

This year? Shoot.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

I've enjoyed this season from the start until now :) the gameplay is far from perfect but perfect gameplay can be boring as poo poo (even with blindsides). in a lot of ways it's more interesting to watch people navigate a clusterfuck. Idk maybe I watch the show for different reasons than yall

EchoBase
Dec 11, 2001

quote:

The reason why Natalie wanted Alec out instead of Keith? He was the last remaining post-merge single along with Natalie and would potentially have been a good person to bring to the end for any of the two pairs left. I would even argue that it would have been the only person that had a chance to lose against Missy/Baylor in the end.

This is the reason she should have had in mind, but this is far to complex of thinking for this season. Nobody has been concerned about the jury so far and I don't see that changing.

quote:

Another reason that her gameplay's bad is that as far as the jury can see she hasn't really done much yet. There's really no moves she can point to as her's yet, time is running out, yet she's passed up the opportunity two weeks in a row to remove the one person who is perceived by the jury as this season's biggest force, as well as not even thinking to remove his partner. Everything good gameplay-wise she's done is stuff that isn't apparent to the jury and she's running out of people to make her move with.

This game is not going to be won based on any gameplay. The only people left who have done anything are Jon Jaclyn and all they've done is be wishy washy alliance flip floppers. All Natalie has to do is make it to the end and she will win. I mean, who will Josh, Reed and Jeremy vote for over her?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

EchoBase posted:

This is the reason she should have had in mind, but this is far to complex of thinking for this season. Nobody has been concerned about the jury so far and I don't see that changing.

Well people have mentioned it but it sure hasn't been a huge focus yet. iirc this episode Keith was named as a jury threat

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
how in the christ is Keith still. in. this. game.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

BGrifter posted:

Josh and Reed both have a small amount of potential to turn out interesting if they had a cast of moderately coherent players to work with, but I wouldn't be disappointed if this season got entirely skipped for any future All-Stars/FvF/whatever.

I dunno what about Josh you could characterize as "interesting." He was both lacking any real personality and not particularly good at the game, and immediately got overshadowed by his boyfriend who had basically no airtime until Josh's boot.

Right now I'd be pretty surprised if they brought back anyone other than Jon, Jeremy, Keith, Natalie or maybe Baylor from this season, and the last four only really for demographic reasons (I'm holding out hope that Baylor can prevent what seemed like a seemingly inevitable return for Ciera).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
According to Alec on his exit interview on RHAP, Drew and Kat "how can I be date-able if I don't make the merge" Edorsson are "hanging out".

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!

Met posted:

According to Alec on his exit interview on RHAP, Drew and Kat "how can I be date-able if I don't make the merge" Edorsson are "hanging out".

So I had to google her, just to remind myself of how dumb she was, and this was one of the first things that came up:
http://www.katedorsson.net/resume/

I cannot BELIEVE how absurd her resume is. Sorry if this has been posted before.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Met posted:

I couldn't think of a more perfect couple.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DaisyDanger posted:

I couldn't think of a more perfect couple.

Dreamz and NaOnka?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

To Vex a Stranger posted:

So I had to google her, just to remind myself of how dumb she was, and this was one of the first things that came up:
http://www.katedorsson.net/resume/

I cannot BELIEVE how absurd her resume is. Sorry if this has been posted before.
She hit just about every power word in the resume creation book.
And of course what resume isn't complete without cheesecake pics. :rolleyes:

She seems to be downgrading her suitors to match her intellect.
Drew is 3 steps above a rock on the smartness scale so Kat may still be shooting her heights too high.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Met posted:

I liked the Reed interview. For those who haven't heard it, the Jeremy blindside started with Reed approaching Missy and pitching the idea to her, not with John or however it was presented on TV. Also, something about how that was supposed to help set up his plan for the next tribal with the vote-split betrayal.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

I don't think Reed is nearly as good socially. Josh had a lot of people revolving around him in the pre-merge, while Reed was just seen as a snake. Also was a snake.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

savinhill posted:

I liked the Reed interview. For those who haven't heard it, the Jeremy blindside started with Reed approaching Missy and pitching the idea to her, not with John or however it was presented on TV. Also, something about how that was supposed to help set up his plan for the next tribal with the vote-split betrayal.
That may be Reed's version, but we saw Jon being paranoid about Jeremy for weeks, we saw him worrying about Jeremy knowing he had the idol, and we saw him approaching Missy about it. So we know that all of that happened for sure. I guess Reed also approached Missy but I'm not going to say Reed is responsible for it happening. Actually, wasn't it Josh who was telling Jon how nobody could beat a fireman with kids in front of the jury?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I like Reed the best out of all of them so he's responsible if he says so

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Natalie saved keith cause now she has his vote plus his jury vote and a chance for someone other than j&j to win immunity. j&j dont win immunity next week 2 votes john 2 votes jax and their hII cant help them. Swaying missy when nat,baylor and keith have already formed a voting block wont be hard. Its final 6 and nat has 2 people she can trust plus a fourth she has a strong chance of swaying. This week john had immunity if he had used his hII on jax they would have both been immune.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Nat's also got her idol that only Missy and Baylor know about and nobody else seems to even suspect exists.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Parity warning posted:

I've enjoyed this season from the start until now :) the gameplay is far from perfect but perfect gameplay can be boring as poo poo (even with blindsides). in a lot of ways it's more interesting to watch people navigate a clusterfuck. Idk maybe I watch the show for different reasons than yall

Me too. Maybe people have already forgotten the previous season's bunch of idiots. Nuclear engineer J'tia and her continual nukular meltdowns. Lindsay, who quit because otherwise she'd have an actual physical fight with Trish, and didn't want her daughter to see it (something like that, she was kinda crazy). David Samson and Garret, who were on the same team but destroyed each other before the game even started. There were a few others who had no clue about playing (Morgan, Jefra, Jeremiah) and of course who could forget Wu, he had the $1 million in his grasp but threw it away because he was too dumb to be a Survivor winner.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm finally getting around to watching this week's episode.
Ten minutes in:
I'm super happy at Baylor losing her poo poo over horses and brownies
and Baylor writing down "JULIE - AKA TRAIL MIX" as an answer in the rope chop challenge
and Jon being a huge douche.

e: hahahah holy poo poo Jeff's hissy fit
and Reed calling Baylor a brat and bitchily calling himself a people person. This was minutes after him saying "i don't need to go on this reward MY FAMILY HAS TWELVE HORSES" Everything is fantastic :allears:

e2: "it's like cream cheese" wow

e3: When everybody is congratulating Keith on his immunity win, you can hear Reed calling him "the ball master" in the background :swoon:

e4: Jon - Wine Expert is my favourite thing. I enjoy everything about this episode.

e5: yesss Baylor laying shade on her mom. By describing her being blindsided irl.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 7, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
Reed called Baylor a brat cuz he was ultimately trying to start something to get Jaclyn worked up into a bad mood

it worked

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Homestar Runner posted:

Reed called Baylor a brat cuz he was ultimately trying to start something to get Jaclyn worked up into a bad mood

it worked

Except he got voted out so no it didn't

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Me too. Maybe people have already forgotten the previous season's bunch of idiots. Nuclear engineer J'tia and her continual nukular meltdowns. Lindsay, who quit because otherwise she'd have an actual physical fight with Trish, and didn't want her daughter to see it (something like that, she was kinda crazy). David Samson and Garret, who were on the same team but destroyed each other before the game even started. There were a few others who had no clue about playing (Morgan, Jefra, Jeremiah) and of course who could forget Wu, he had the $1 million in his grasp but threw it away because he was too dumb to be a Survivor winner.

Five of Final Six last season (Kass, Tony, Spencer, Trish, Tasha) were extremely aggressive players that each spearheaded at least one big game-changing move at some point in the game. Those moves were bold, exciting, and fun to talk about because it wasn't obvious if it was a good move or a bad move (how many pages did we discuss whether voting out Garett over J'Tia was a smart play? Or Kass's flip at the merge?). Compare that to the Final 6 this season, and it's a much sorrier state of affairs. Part of the problem is the editing-- blindsiding Jeremy and Drew were both big moves, but it's unclear who exactly spearheaded those plays. But it's also the cast's fault, I think, both for playing in an unexciting and unsatisfying way, and for being pretty uncharismatic too.

I think pointing out Morgan, Jefra, and Jeremiah also helps prove that point. Those three were some of the least interesting players last season, yet they are way more exciting compared to the least interesting players this season like Wes, Alec, and Julie. Jeremiah and Jefra were really charming in subtle ways that no one this season is, and Jefra in particular at least entertained the thought of flipping alliances once and had some interesting confessionals showing how carefully she was considering the endgame. By comparison, she was Russell Hantz compared to Wes. Even Morgan was at least entertaining in her confessionals and seething hatred for Kass, and had more personality than 80% of the cast this season.

I also think reducing a season to good vs. bad strategy is silly. There's nothing wrong with entertainingly stupid moves; but not every stupid move is entertaining and some can be very unsatisfying. The Tribal Council with the idol play this season is a good example. Reed's split vote plan was clever, the stakes were pretty high, and Natalie prodding Jon to play the idol was thrilling in the moment. But the whole thing was hollow because Reed's plan NEVER should have worked to begin with. The majority alliance had NO reason to trust Reed and Alec, and it was frightening how no one in the alliance did the math to figure out how easily they could be screwed. To see such terrible gameplay not be punished because Keith couldn't shut up for ten seconds was very unsatisfying. And on top of that, I personally found Wes and Alec to be so boring and repulsive that I couldn't even get excited about Reed's plan working since I hated 50% of his alliance.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Rarity posted:

Except he got voted out so no it didn't

that is a minor detail way less funny than Jaclyn flipping her poo poo cuz of Reed's trollin

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

mancalamania posted:

Five of Final Six last season (Kass, Tony, Spencer, Trish, Tasha) were extremely aggressive players that each spearheaded at least one big game-changing move at some point in the game. Those moves were bold, exciting, and fun to talk about because it wasn't obvious if it was a good move or a bad move (how many pages did we discuss whether voting out Garett over J'Tia was a smart play? Or Kass's flip at the merge?). Compare that to the Final 6 this season, and it's a much sorrier state of affairs. Part of the problem is the editing-- blindsiding Jeremy and Drew were both big moves, but it's unclear who exactly spearheaded those plays. But it's also the cast's fault, I think, both for playing in an unexciting and unsatisfying way, and for being pretty uncharismatic too.

I think pointing out Morgan, Jefra, and Jeremiah also helps prove that point. Those three were some of the least interesting players last season, yet they are way more exciting compared to the least interesting players this season like Wes, Alec, and Julie. Jeremiah and Jefra were really charming in subtle ways that no one this season is, and Jefra in particular at least entertained the thought of flipping alliances once and had some interesting confessionals showing how carefully she was considering the endgame. By comparison, she was Russell Hantz compared to Wes. Even Morgan was at least entertaining in her confessionals and seething hatred for Kass, and had more personality than 80% of the cast this season.

I also think reducing a season to good vs. bad strategy is silly. There's nothing wrong with entertainingly stupid moves; but not every stupid move is entertaining and some can be very unsatisfying. The Tribal Council with the idol play this season is a good example. Reed's split vote plan was clever, the stakes were pretty high, and Natalie prodding Jon to play the idol was thrilling in the moment. But the whole thing was hollow because Reed's plan NEVER should have worked to begin with. The majority alliance had NO reason to trust Reed and Alec, and it was frightening how no one in the alliance did the math to figure out how easily they could be screwed. To see such terrible gameplay not be punished because Keith couldn't shut up for ten seconds was very unsatisfying. And on top of that, I personally found Wes and Alec to be so boring and repulsive that I couldn't even get excited about Reed's plan working since I hated 50% of his alliance.

I guess you're saying this season is boring because it's different.
And I'm saying this season is interesting because it's different.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

it worked

Yeah, Missy is basically a robot when it comes to defending Baylor from any sort of attack or insult, game-relevant or not.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Someone: "I can't believe Baylor didn't make it into the playoffs"
Missy: *pops out of bush* "UMMM WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY DAUGHTER"

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The only person with any semblance of a game now is trying to make her votes entirely on emotion. I can not get over how dumb everyone is this season. How are there still two couples left this late?????

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
Honestly the only reason I can think of that there are still couples is that Missy and Baylor realize that if they break up j/j, then they will become a target as the only couple left. I doubt that thought has even crossed Jon's mind though.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bigass Moth posted:

The only person with any semblance of a game now is trying to make her votes entirely on emotion. I can not get over how dumb everyone is this season. How are there still two couples left this late?????

I think it would an advantage for a single to be in F3 against J and J.
1. Their multiple flips have backstabbed (or front-stabbed) several jury members.
2. They could split votes between them.
3. They could start bickering at final tribal council. Or reveal what the other one said about some players, making them both look bad.

Natalie vs. J + J would probably win.
Natalie vs. Missy and Baylor at F3 would also probably win, since Missy has few fans on the jury (Jon will be butthurt bitter after she votes against him) and Baylor only has Natalie as an ally and maybe gets one vote from Alec.

Keith could potentially win against Missy and Baylor since he has former allies and his son on the jury. Reid would probably not vote for either of those 2 ladies because Baylor is a brat - and Missy defended her.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 8, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm so glad that I have parents who would call me out or not defend me if I were being an idiot.

I see and hear of so many parents who seem to have confused being a parent with "always defend them no matter what".

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Professor Shark posted:

I'm so glad that I have parents who would call me out or not defend me if I were being an idiot.

I see and hear of so many parents who seem to have confused being a parent with "always defend them no matter what".

Ehhh, I don't know. I really don't see how Baylor is considered a bad person. She's boring, coasting at the game, and doesn't have any strategy, but she doesn't come off as being particularly nasty or unpleasant. She hasn't thrown any bitch fits at camp (Every contestant whose name starts with J), intentionally treated other team members like poo poo (Drew/Alec), or anything else that would make her a "brat". She is absolutely correct when she decided that she didn't owe Josh anything, and she got a wicked sweet burn on her mother last episode when she mentioned that her mother had a tendency to cling to men a little too long. She really isn't that bad honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Joose Caboose posted:

I don't think the medevac in the preview will actually happen.

If she was actually gonna leave the game for it, it's more likely the preview would tease a medevac but wouldn't explicitly say it's Missy

Well, who would Missy be bawling about getting medevaced? Baylor. Also, didn't they show a clip of Missy hitting her head, then they're talking about somebody's leg?

• Locked thread