Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
In my boredom, I've decided to attempt to map out what is required to make a relatively simple recipe to give others an idea of how complex the crafting system is.

Let's say you wanted to create a Health Recovery Stim. This requires the Pharmaceutical skill "Basic Stimulant Production". Here is all the skills/items needed to produce 3 of them.

1 Pharmaceutical Compound (Specifically Cortisol)
1 Stim Chemical (Not sure which one out of 6 options, so we will go with "Ionized Chromium Solution")
3 Injector

1 Sterilizing Agent (Again, not sure, but we'll go with Hydrogen Peroxide)

I'll now go step by step to create each of those associated ingredients within the "Basic Stimulant Production" that we are attempting to make.

Cortisol
Required Skill: Pharmaceutical, to make this you use the "Pharmaceutical Compound Extraction" recipe. This requires

1 Tissue Sample
1 Acid
1 Buffer Solution

1 Distilled Water

Tissue samples are easy enough to get, simply butcher some dead animals. (Survival Skill) The difficulty is finding the specific tissue sample needed to produce Cortisol.

Acid is a bit more difficult, so I'll go into that below.

There are 11 different acids, so knowing which one produces Cortisol isn't really listed anywhere. So we'll just go with Carbonic Acid

Carbonic Acid
Requires skill: Fishing and receipe "Chemical Extraction: Sea Plants"

For this, you just need:
1 Sea Plant (Received through fishing)
1 Heat Source (Wood or Coal)

The Buffer Solution can be a one of 5 different option, but we'll go with the easiest for the sake of my sanity, and say it's "Borate"

Borate
Requires Skill: Mining and recipe "Mineral breakdown"
This requires
1 Mineral, in this case a Borax Cluster which is received through Mining
1 Heat Source, (Wood or Coal)

Finally the Corisol recipe requires Distilled Water

Distilled Water
Required Skill: Chemistry and receipe "Distilled Water"
This needs:
5 Contaminated Water (You basically scoop up water from a lake),

Hurrah, first item in our Health Recovery Stim is complete, lets get the other 3!

Ionized Chromium Solution
Requires Skill: Pharmaceuticals and recipe: Mineral Solution Synthesis.

This needs:
1 Mineral
1 Buffer Solution
1 Distilled Water

Next we need the injector, this one is a bit more complicated:

Injector
Requires Skill: Pharmaceuticals and Recipe "Injector"

This produces 3 injectors (what we need), but requires:
1 Surgical Steel
1 Sterilization

Surgical Steel
To produce the Refined Surgical Stainless Steel Bar, you will need a high skill in Mining, at least 200 I believe, and the following the various ores that produce it.

2 Minerals
1 Ore
3 Refinement Agents (Can be bought)

Since the Injector recipe and the actual Stim recipe both need a Sterilization agent, we will simply go with the Hydrogen Peroxide for both (Note: This may need to be different depending on what you are actually trying to produce).

Hydrogen Peroxide
Required Skill: Chemistry and recipe Mineral Acidification

This produces 5 Hydrogen Peroxide:

1 Mineral
1 Acid

1 Distilled water

And there you have it, you just produced the equivalent of 3 Health Potions. Other items like Vehicles, weapons and the like are significantly more complex and require a larger series of skills to produce it all yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Get sniper rifle, medium tactical armour to look like a wonky space marine and shoot setlanguages all over the place.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Solvency posted:

SEE TOP OF PAGE POST ABOVE

If you want to do any crafting use this wiki thing too.

http://aena.at/craftmap/item1715.html

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

BERGfu posted:

Well that at least rids me of the guessing game of what ingredients make what component. Thanks!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

I'll add this to the OP

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

so when is the wipe?

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Seems like next week, at least according to what one of the devs mentioned in the patch preview.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

One of the Developers posted:

Probably more like the 11th, but we honestly don't know. We're playing the waiting game like everyone else and going by the estimates which we are being given. We are ready to go on our end and pushing to have it done as quickly as possible. If there is a silver lining though, it's that we will have another week's worth of bug fixes.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The crafting system doesn't bother me but how is the UI? I like complex crafting systems but if the UI makes me feel like I have to rely on the internet to use it properly I get mildly annoyed.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Anyone interested in playing this tonight? I think we should figure out a plan on how we are going to goon rush this once the wipe hits.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Solvency posted:

Anyone interested in playing this tonight? I think we should figure out a plan on how we are going to goon rush this once the wipe hits.

At what time you want to meet?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I don't know what exactly we'd rush unless we all line up outside of a town and shoot everyone who tries to walk out of a city

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

BERGfu posted:

I don't know what exactly we'd rush unless we all line up outside of a town and shoot everyone who tries to walk out of a city

My thoughts are that we will want to rush a plot for Goon City, so that we have a place to meetup where we can all work together easily and share resources effectively. I suspect there are quite a few goons waiting for the wipe to start playing, and making sure people who just started playing are engaged is the way to keep them playing.

As for time tonight, I should be available around 8 central.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Quite a few goons is about 12.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Solvency posted:

My thoughts are that we will want to rush a plot for Goon City, so that we have a place to meetup where we can all work together easily and share resources effectively. I suspect there are quite a few goons waiting for the wipe to start playing, and making sure people who just started playing are engaged is the way to keep them playing.

sounds like a good plan, almost less ambitious than Castle in AA... Count me in. Under what name are you playing on?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Tempus Thales posted:

sounds like a good plan, almost less ambitious than Castle in AA... Count me in. Under what name are you playing on?

Rehab Submarine, and I'll be in Mumble with the rest of the "Bad Games Crew" or whatever they are calling themselves this week.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'll keep an eye on the thread and try to contribute to goon city.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Solvency posted:

Yeah I'm waiting for the wipe.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
How long until the waipu?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

SweetBro posted:

How long until the waipu?

The devs aren't really sure. They are waiting for additional hardware from their vendors because the next round will have completely new servers that should cut out the lag. Best estimate right now is the 11th.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

At least they're getting new hardware and not relying on a toaster held together with string like Trion.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the toaster was a bad design choice in retrospect

when the AC went out the toaster overheated and burned the toast causing a 2 day outage

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Eonwe posted:

the toaster was a bad design choice in retrospect

when the AC went out the toaster overheated and burned the toast causing a 2 day outage

toasters run linux now

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Did they not follow the sign that said don't turn on the microwave and the toaster at the same time of it will blow the ac?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Solvency posted:

Rehab Submarine, and I'll be in Mumble with the rest of the "Bad Games Crew" or whatever they are calling themselves this week.

We are "xX420BlazeGokuXz Dark Demons Cry Gundam xX420BlazeGokuXx" this week.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Solvency posted:

In my boredom, I've decided to attempt to map out what is required to make a relatively simple recipe to give others an idea of how complex the crafting system is.

Let's say you wanted to create a Health Recovery Stim. This requires the Pharmaceutical skill "Basic Stimulant Production". Here is all the skills/items needed to produce 3 of them.

1 Pharmaceutical Compound (Specifically Cortisol)
1 Stim Chemical (Not sure which one out of 6 options, so we will go with "Ionized Chromium Solution")
3 Injector

1 Sterilizing Agent (Again, not sure, but we'll go with Hydrogen Peroxide)

I'll now go step by step to create each of those associated ingredients within the "Basic Stimulant Production" that we are attempting to make.

Cortisol
Required Skill: Pharmaceutical, to make this you use the "Pharmaceutical Compound Extraction" recipe. This requires

1 Tissue Sample
1 Acid
1 Buffer Solution

1 Distilled Water

Tissue samples are easy enough to get, simply butcher some dead animals. (Survival Skill) The difficulty is finding the specific tissue sample needed to produce Cortisol.

Acid is a bit more difficult, so I'll go into that below.

There are 11 different acids, so knowing which one produces Cortisol isn't really listed anywhere. So we'll just go with Carbonic Acid

Carbonic Acid
Requires skill: Fishing and receipe "Chemical Extraction: Sea Plants"

For this, you just need:
1 Sea Plant (Received through fishing)

The Buffer Solution can be a one of 5 different option, but we'll go with the easiest for the sake of my sanity, and say it's "Borate"

Borate
Requires Skill: Mining and recipe "Mineral breakdown"
This requires
1 Mineral, in this case a Borax Cluster which is received through Mining
1 Heat Source, (Wood or Coal)

Finally the Corisol recipe requires Distilled Water

Distilled Water
Required Skill: Chemistry and receipe "Distilled Water"
This needs:
5 Contaminated Water (You basically scoop up water from a lake),

Hurrah, first item in our Health Recovery Stim is complete, lets get the other 3!

Ionized Chromium Solution
Requires Skill: Pharmaceuticals and recipe: Mineral Solution Synthesis.

This needs:
1 Mineral
1 Buffer Solution
1 Distilled Water

Next we need the injector, this one is a bit more complicated:

Injector
Requires Skill: Pharmaceuticals and Recipe "Injector"

This produces 3 injectors (what we need), but requires:
1 Surgical Steel
1 Sterilization

Surgical Steel
To produce the Refined Surgical Stainless Steel Bar, you will need a high skill in Mining, at least 200 I believe, and the following the various ores that produce it.

2 Minerals
1 Ore
3 Refinement Agents (Can be bought)

Since the Injector recipe and the actual Stim recipe both need a Sterilization agent, we will simply go with the Hydrogen Peroxide for both (Note: This may need to be different depending on what you are actually trying to produce).

Hydrogen Peroxide
Required Skill: Chemistry and recipe Mineral Acidification

This produces 5 Hydrogen Peroxide:

1 Mineral
1 Acid

1 Distilled water

And there you have it, you just produced the equivalent of 3 Health Potions. Other items like Vehicles, weapons and the like are significantly more complex and require a larger series of skills to produce it all yourself.

I am an autist and this gives me a :spergin: erection.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

apseudonym posted:

I am an autist and this gives me a :spergin: erection.

I am an ex-swg player and this entire game gives me a :spergin: erection. Then I remember that MMOs for the past 10 years have been trash.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The only thing about this game that gives me pause is the lack of a skill cap. I feel like that's what made Darkfall terrible, when it could have been great.

Regardless, I'm really tempted to give it a shot. What kind of specializations do we need so far for the Goon PVE guild? I have a love of gathering that borders on the obscene.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Talmonis posted:

The only thing about this game that gives me pause is the lack of a skill cap. I feel like that's what made Darkfall terrible, when it could have been great.

Regardless, I'm really tempted to give it a shot. What kind of specializations do we need so far for the Goon PVE guild? I have a love of gathering that borders on the obscene.

You need to have minoring to at least 15 so we know if you're a miner or not

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Actually your best bet is to PM Drinkfist with what you want to play and he'll explain what you need to do.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Amazon is now selling the Wii U Gamecube adapter from third parties for 125.00. I want every one of you low lifes to hit the streets and find me one at your local gamestops and poo poo stores or I am gonna stop posting for your entertainment.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

Amazon is now selling the Wii U Gamecube adapter from third parties for 125.00. I want every one of you low lifes to hit the streets and find me one at your local gamestops and poo poo stores or I am gonna stop posting for your entertainment.

Hey I featured your amazing artwork in the stickied Games thread.

We should play games soon.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drink are you ready for this? I need to know, I need to know now.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

Drink are you ready for this? I need to know, I need to know now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'll build the intricate tunnel system underneath our castle.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

I'll build the intricate tunnel system underneath our castle.

congratulations on becoming the new subway constructor! YOU'RE HIRED

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

congratulations on becoming the new subway constructor! YOU'RE HIRED

I secretly work for the TTC :thumbsup:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

no one else besides me will get that

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

BERGfu posted:

no one else besides me will get that

I'm pretty sure SA is built on a series of inside jokes.

Speaking of inside jokes, how's this game? My desire to play with Fun People is high but nothing is satisfying me, either because it's completely dead or a complete sack of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I'm considering joining the other 12 goons to play this terrible game.

Is the next wipe going to be the final wipe?

• Locked thread