Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

"Otherwise I'll punch you in the loving head."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Confirming my suspicion that this strip has no editorial oversight, and is someone's 80-year-old grandpa with a shortcut to https://www.yahoo.com/tech/ on his desktop that he skims one or twice daily just being allowed to do whatever he wants as a long-form absurdist prank on the comics reading community.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not wearing "hats" is how he got into this mess!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

In true Peanuts style, Sally confuses Santa with Garry Trudeau.

Skippy (September 29, 1927)

I'm starting to suspect that "Mexican Kid" is wearing the hat box instead of the hat.

Peanuts (December 6, 1967)

Don't ask him questions during a triple Axel.

Funky Winkerbean

In China, Harry Dinkle would be an enemy of the state. He'd share a cell with Stephen Pastis.

Popeye

He's going to get "footstool", isn't he?

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way indulges in a little light housebreaking. (March 8-9, 1926)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
For those of you confused, (like I was) a 'biscuit shooter' is a waitress at camp.

Cul-de-sac adds a nuance to the joke from yesterday.

Poptropica calls back to an earlier strip.

Heathcliff somegizmo.cat

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I don't have archives, but wasn't "The Comic Strip Megathread V - Just Another Uneventful Lesbian Road Trip" active back in 2008 when I joined? Wow. I can't believe I've been reading this thread that long. Anyway, here's another while I get Dan squared away, read it, or just scroll on by:

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

That's a drat fine flat panel. :supaburn: EBOLA!

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban's Cats

:3:

9 Chickweed Lane 12/4/2003

Thank God you don't design clothes, Brooke, that's a horrible looking dress.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

"rarely"?

:v: I love this strip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The anti-Brooke. :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set sets a bad example.

Working Daze makes an observation made by every human in the past ten years.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I can't stand heavenly nostrils. every joke is exactly the same.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Really? You're taking issue with it when right above it is Non Sequitur, AKA "I only have one joke and it is politics"?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Having demolished feminists and non-engineers, Scott Adams turns his biting satirical wit on anti-consumerism.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There are far too many strips of heavenly nostrils that are just "I am a unicorn, you are not".

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It's no secret that Mother Goose & Grimm is terrible, but come on... GUMBY IS CLAY.

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

I love those action panels of Calvin throwing snowballs. Reminds me of Skippy's kineticism.

Ripley's

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So apparently there's Random Acts of Nancy on GoComics.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They're Always Watching Comix.

Pooch Café

Does tea make you pee? I know what coffee does, I just never noticed any particular effects from tea.

Ballard Street

See that, Pickles? That's how you draw a GoPro.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Now if they could only put that much effort into finding out what murdered this storyline.

Pibgorn

The Better Half

I had to double check that this was actually the final strip. I was expecting to see more of a send-off than what we see here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That seems bitter as all hell.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Now if they could only put that much effort into finding out what murdered this storyline.

The hell kind of pistol is that, a Derringer?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

Kind of looks like the guy has both guns (and a backwards arm) and what's her face has only one arm.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

RandomFerret posted:

Does tea make you pee? I know what coffee does, I just never noticed any particular effects from tea.

Caffeine in general can be enough for some folks, as it's a mild diuretic. It depends on your usual caffeine intake, the amount of caffeine in the drink, biological predisposition, etc. That said, it could just as easily be that he's drinking some kind of liquid, and they opted for tea because the image of Poncho drinking tea is somewhat comedic in and of itself.

... Annnnnd now I'm officially overthinking Pooch Café.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ok, gang, clearly with my current work schedule I have trouble keeping up with all my comics. In the interest of making my life a little easier, I'm going to cut a couple of comics from my lineup. Namely, Apartment 3-G and Pros and Cons. A3G I've just been posting out of morbid curiosity than anything else lately. And I like Pros & Cons a lot, but I like soap strips better than joke-a-day. I'll probably still end up doing way more roundups than I care for, but maybe at least they'll be a little easier to digest.

Anyway, if anybody wants to pick these two up, please do.

Luann

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

See it's funny because she says bumper stickers are dumb in one panel, and then in the very next panel that guy has bumper stickers! They happened to be sports (SPORTS) related because he's into sports, which she didn't mention specifically, but we all know sports are also dumb, so that makes him doubly dumb! In the last panel he is confused by their expressions, and not because they are the same "one eyebrow up lids half open" faces that are the hallmark of this cartoonist, but because he did not hear her previous statement about how she feels about bumper stickers! This final panel perhaps an unnecessary addition, as the intended joke works without it, but I consider it something of the coup de grace of this particular edition of the Intelligent Life daily comic strip! It really brings us, the fans, into the characters and their interactions in the "kooky" world this artist has created that somehow still contains features and characters that I can relate to from those within my daily life as a "geek" and/or "jock"!

F Minus

Mary Worth

She played Debussy on the flute so well (if you know what I mean) his head went out the window.

Rex Morgan MD

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

A clinic in the mountains of Peru, how unexpected when that's what you were expecting to do when you came down there in the first plaaaaaace :arghfist::raise:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Noooooo, not this again. :gonk:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Scott Adams quit spying on me for comic ideas.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ema Nymton posted:

A clinic in the mountains of Peru, how unexpected when that's what you were expecting to do when you came down there in the first plaaaaaace :arghfist::raise:

Gunther is seriously the most unlikable person in a strip containing almost nothing but unlikable people. I'm not sure they could make him worse if they tried.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Skip (or is it Barry) appears to not be a fan of one team but specifically Peyton Manning.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Gunther is seriously the most unlikable person in a strip containing almost nothing but unlikable people. I'm not sure they could make him worse if they tried.

Also he has absolutely nothing to offer rural Peruvians unless they have some kind of textile surplus.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

The Sphinxster posted:

Also he has absolutely nothing to offer rural Peruvians unless they have some kind of textile surplus.

Now now, there's always something a person can do no matter where he goes.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

The Sphinxster posted:

Peruvian blankets are fabulous. Maybe Rosa should pitch this as an opportunity to learn artisanal weaving techniques and bring them to wider attention at home by creating a fashion line of high-end ethnic-inspired hahahaha nope he's literally going to whine the whole rest of this arc and never, ever grow the gently caress up.

Gunther is unbearable.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The anti-Brooke. :allears:
Yeah, it's exactly what 9 Chickweed Lane would be if McEldowney wasn't terrible in every way.

I know that "OK" is an abbreviation for Oklahoma, but that hall of fame entry reads pretty funny. "He was an OK state game ranger and an OK police detective, I guess. He wasn't too bad as an FBI agent either."

Quill being a dick to people for his own amusement is the only good thing that ever happens in this comic.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grilox posted:

Really? You're taking issue with it when right above it is Non Sequitur, AKA "I only have one joke and it is politics"?

People don't constantly hold Non Sequitur up as a wonderful comic strip.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's wonderful by comic strip standards, i.e. sometimes it makes people chuckle a bit.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Nooooooooooooooo not Pros and Cons! Ditch Luann instead!

I've already had to spare Pickles

and Bleeker, which got out of sequence, my mistake.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Does anyone have that strip with Gunther in the book-worm costume, to show the life he wants back?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I know that, about a year or two ago, "Dykes to Watch Out For" was being posted here.

Recently I finally started reading Alison Bechdel's "Fun Home". It's a good book. Check it out if you can.

• Locked thread