Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Let's just take all that in cash, make a huge pile, let some of Tom Clancy's biggest fans jack off on it then let the afternburner of an A-10 immolate it as it takes off to strafe a wedding instead of training Iraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Better idea.

Take all that money, give it to some contracting firm and don't get too curious about how they clean up that loving waist of sand.

What ever is left we build a super Walmart and a Little Caesars. Call it Allahbama.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Warthog doesn't have afterburning engines. :spergin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

We should use the cash to make one that does.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

Let's just take all that in cash, make a huge pile, let some of Tom Clancy's biggest fans jack off on it then let the afternburner of an A-10 immolate it as it takes off to strafe a wedding instead of training Iraq

That's still a better value then training Iraq.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

holocaust bloopers posted:

Cut that iraqi training bullshit and give it some then.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Genocide Tendency posted:

Better idea.

Call it Allahbama.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, there's another 35 odd tanks that's gonna sit out in some parking lot to rot.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

not caring here posted:

Well, there's another 35 odd tanks that's gonna sit out in some parking lot to rot.

Donated to any local Police Department that would want them.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

BexGu posted:

Donated to any local Police Department that would want them.

the line starts here boys

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
2 grand for a tank of gas might curb some of that enthusiasm.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

not caring here posted:

It really wouldn't.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ManMythLegend posted:

lol I was thinking the same thing.

lol knew what the link was to before I clicked on it.

We'd just hit them with a couple Preds today though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm just happy the Warthog lives another day, my inner child rejoices.

iyaayas01 posted:

lol knew what the link was to before I clicked on it.

We'd just hit them with a couple Preds today though

What's up with the music, is that scene meant to be depressing?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

Didn't stop them from accepting all of those free MRAPs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm actually glad the idea to retire a quarter of the AWACS fleet got canned. Ops certainly won't be cut to make up for it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I love it when congress forces funding that the military didn't ask for. "Oh you only wanted $175 million for Iron Dome? Here, let's go ahead and double it. Oh yeah, and make sure you're staying up with those manpower cutbacks!"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The military is a tool for increasing contract profitability for companies based in powerful congressional districts.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Good thing my industry is completely immune from DoD cutbacks and is projected to grow like crazy for the next decade+

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I like how the exact same people who think government is wasteful are extremely assertive that the pentagon should waste as much money as possible at all times.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Government spends money on the wrong things a lot. There's plenty of wiggle room on what qualifies as the wrong thing, though.

My industry is standing up an entire healthcare system inside the DoD because fixing the VA is so hard that it's cheaper and faster to just build a new one instead :lol:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Two Finger posted:

What's up with the music, is that scene meant to be depressing?

It's supposed to be chilling, in the sense that Ryan is a high level analyst, and now he's being exposed to the results of his analysis (he's actually seeing people die because of a call that he made). This is somewhat weakened when you realize that he was involved in a shootout with IRA terrorists at the beginning of the movie (where he kills one, with a gun he picks up from a dead cop) and also he's an ex-marine (though he saw no combat).

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Best Friends posted:

I like how the exact same people who think government is wasteful are extremely assertive that the pentagon should waste as much money as possible at all times.

Yeah well that's kind of the thing. Govt spending is great if it's spent on the stuff they want (esp military bases and contracts in their district), and big government is extremely good if it's telling people not to have abortions or get gay married

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Davethulhu posted:

It's supposed to be chilling, in the sense that Ryan is a high level analyst, and now he's being exposed to the results of his analysis (he's actually seeing people die because of a call that he made). This is somewhat weakened when you realize that he was involved in a shootout with IRA terrorists at the beginning of the movie (where he kills one, with a gun he picks up from a dead cop) and also he's an ex-marine (though he saw no combat).

Scene would go better with "America, gently caress YEAH" over the top, much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Genocide Tendency posted:

What ever is left we build a super Walmart and a Little Caesars. Call it Allahbama.

:golfclap:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Davethulhu posted:

Two Finger posted:

Scene would go better with "America, gently caress YEAH" over the top, much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

How Americans perceive war and warfare changed significantly between 1992 and 2004.

e:

not caring here posted:

My nearby town of 10,000 can't even put air in the tires of their uparmored HMMWV that's parked in a downtown parking lot.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 4, 2014

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

lmbo

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

yospos comes to gip

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/navy-revokes-bill-cosbys-honorary-title-amid-sex-assault-claims-n261691

quote:

The Navy has revoked Bill Cosby's honorary title in light of allegations he sexually assaulted a string of women over decades. "The Navy is taking this action because allegations against Mr. Cosby are very serious and are in conflict with the Navy's core values of honor, courage and commitment," Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus said in a statement. The comedian — who spent four years in the Navy — was given the title of honorary Chief Petty Officer in 2011.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

If anything he finally earned his CPO title by sexually assaulting a coworker

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I thought rape was a core value of all the services :confused:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mike-o posted:

I thought rape was a core value of all the services :confused:

Yeah except you're not supposed to get caught, that's the part you missed. Gotta keep good OPSEC.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

cosby's only mistake was not being an honorary officer when he did it

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

How Americans perceive war and warfare changed significantly between 1992 and 2004.

Probably Mogadishu helped with that. If Clinton gave those dudes the AC-130 they wanted, oh maaaan. :circlefap:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Is presumption of innocence not a thing anymore even if he most likely is not?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

lightpole posted:

Innocent until proven guilty, but we're going to ruin your reputation either way because somebody claimed that you're scummy. This goes for everyone everywhere.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bolow posted:

cosby's only mistake was not being an honorary officer when he did it

He'll be an honorary AF colonel by next week.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lightpole posted:

It's a requirement for the court system, not a philosophy for the whole country.

Everybody knows OJ and Casey Anthony did it

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

lightpole posted:

Presumption of innocence is a legal requirement in the court system; there isn't any due process that needs to be upheld when being awarded or stripped of an honorary title. And when twenty-odd women give remarkably similar accounts of that time you drugged and raped them, that's a very generous presumption.

E:F,B

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Even if all of those accusations are false, Cosby has to be a real rear end in a top hat to invite that kind of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Everybody knows OJ and Casey Anthony did it
Only recently have a majority of black Americans accepted that OJ is a murderer.

• Locked thread