Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Excels posted:

realtalk the majoras mask DLC dudes better be Tingle and Skull Kid. Agitha was a funny joke and everything but seriously i want to loving play as tingle and skull kid

If they don't do this I will delete my digital copy from my drive. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I will be okay if it is not Tingle, but it will definitely be Tingle as one of them. I would like Skull Kid, but I think they will opt for someone from the female cast of the game.

I haven't booted up the game since the new DLC hit. I am sure I am in the minority, but I kind of wish the bulk of the game's content was mindless button mashing and making the numbers get bigger and that the difficult parts were few and far between.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think you mean Cia's C2, which is the XY footstomp that can be mashed three times each time.

Oh for Christ's sake. :doh:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bicyclops posted:

I will be okay if it is not Tingle, but it will definitely be Tingle as one of them. I would like Skull Kid, but I think they will opt for someone from the female cast of the game.

I haven't booted up the game since the new DLC hit. I am sure I am in the minority, but I kind of wish the bulk of the game's content was mindless button mashing and making the numbers get bigger and that the difficult parts were few and far between.

Oh yeah you're going to hate the Twilight map.

I don't like it either, because I'm kinda in the same boat. This game is not really fun to me when it's hard.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Bicyclops posted:

at this point im willing to accept that i need to grind everyone up to like 70-80 minimum but as it becomes more and more expensive to level them, i can't see a light at the end of the tunnel

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

at this point im willing to accept that i need to grind everyone up to like 70-80 minimum but as it becomes more and more expensive to level them, i can't see a light at the end of the tunnel

I don't mind if the tunnel goes on forever, I just lament that it seems I am stuck in the dark part of the tunnel, with a sucking swamp that mostly holds me in place.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

how do they expect me to level up all these loving characters to lv150. like holy poo poo. just make it cheaper to level up, for the love of gently caress

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish that this game were on PC so that I could install mods, one to make things easier and one to add Groose.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Okay, finally got some time with my friend to try out the DLC. We capped the night by him trying Twili Midna while I used the Dominion Rod in the H1 (I think) Rack Up KOs Master Quest mission. We fought in the keep in the center of the level, and neither of us could really tell what was going on with all the ridiculous effects and bodies flying everywhere. Statues, platforms, giant laser guns, chunks of infrastructure, and beams of light were flying everywhere. Game of the year.

Oh and the green hatless Cia outfit is dope as hell. That green is basically my favorite color.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Oh and the green hatless Cia outfit is dope as hell. That green is basically my favorite color.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think I am in the opposite camp to most of you, where if I fail I am just like, 'oh well, guess I'm not leveled enough. I will have to just play this game forever until I have everything and every weapon and badge and heart and Skulltula. Ohhhhhhh welllllll. :downs::unsmigghh:' Difficulty is good. Challenge is good. You can do it. I believe in you.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah it's nice the new map is harder. I already had everything from the other maps, so it's good to have some levels to revisit later.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think I am in the opposite camp to most of you, where if I fail I am just like, 'oh well, guess I'm not leveled enough. I will have to just play this game forever until I have everything and every weapon and badge and heart and Skulltula. Ohhhhhhh welllllll. :downs::unsmigghh:' Difficulty is good. Challenge is good. You can do it. I believe in you.

To be fair we haven't cracked the new map yet, and even still have a few L3 weapons along the top of the first map to go, but we only get annoyed at a defeat when it's a seemingly bullshit loss. One hard level in the Master Quest map seems to have enemies spawn inside of the allied base near the end of it, and will kill it in less than thirty seconds. The trigger tends to have us on the opposite side of the map so it suuuucked losing like five times until we realized one of us just had to sit there, and sure enough like four morale-boosted dudes spawn right outside the base without fanfare. gently caress you too, Aerolfos.

Also anything having to do with Imprisoned, but mostly because he's probably the buggiest and generally lovely enemy in the entire game.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Renzuko posted:

What level should My guy's be to tackle the first level 2 weapons you can unlock?

I did most of them in my 30s and most were pretty easy. There are a few standouts like Summoning Gate, Zant, and Zelda's Baton that you'll probably want to be around 50 for.

Bicyclops posted:

I know this is why I've been so slow to make progress and put hours into this game. I like my Warriors titles to be a mostly mindless slide to godhood and a massive weapon collection.

Even One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 had an (in my opinion) more brutal ranking system but since you could do it all in free mode it was easy to cheese it as Blackbeard with a defensive type build, turning it into a mindless grind if that's what you were looking for. It kinda bums me out that it doesn't seem like I'll ever reach the point where I one shot even the beefiest of bosses in this game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Only problem I have with Skullkid is that fact the moon drops like 20 times in the game, is a power up and the great fairy already uses it.

It's kind of the only thing he has.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only problem I have with Skullkid is that fact the moon drops like 20 times in the game, is a power up and the great fairy already uses it.

It's kind of the only thing he has.

Turning bits of himself into Majora's Wrath, whip arms and stuff? Maybe the four giants as his special?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Excels posted:

how do they expect me to level up all these loving characters to lv150. like holy poo poo. just make it cheaper to level up, for the love of gently caress

This is why you put +exp and +rupees on every weapon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

This is why you put +exp and +rupees on every weapon

Even then, I've put a lot of hours in and I'm only 50-60, and I imagine I'll have to catch up new Midna.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
The best way to grind levels is to do the lower left Master Quest map square: it's the hardest "Rack up your KOs" mission and depending on how long you can keep the Focus Spirit going and whether you have the Exp+ skill, you can get 3-8 levels every time you play it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

AnotherGamer posted:

depending on how long you can keep the Focus Spirit going

And you an keep it going for quite a while!

Any excuse to repost my triumph:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This is cool, it's a HW combo vid: http://youtu.be/AE_yLCFYztk

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Pfft I just push R bumper then mash buttons. :cool:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Just tried out the Item boost potion and it's surpisingly powerful. Bombs obviously clear keeps in seconds but what's fun is using Light Arrows and dodge-firing gatling gun style at Midna and watching her die in half a minute flat without ever being able to move.

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.
Anybody complaining about the Imprisoned needs to buy an Item Boost potion post haste. A couple of powered up bombs will wreck its toes as soon as they're vulnerable.

(Of course, that doesn't help the fact that he takes forever to do his whole routine and cause us to run out of time dealing the killing blow at the final second... :negative:)

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The Impa Naginata combo where you knock them into the fire wall and catch them as they bounce back was stylish! Wanna work that in when I play now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Turns out the person who did Hurl Warriors did a whole ton more recently. :v:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Uh so has The Imprisoned always had that bullshit attack where instead of doing 6 shockwaves after he stands up, he just blasts you with instant and unavoidable lightning that drops you to 1 HP?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I've always seen the Lightning attack if you're to far away from him in general and also only the last bit of lightning is the only one that hurts you i believe?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I've always seen the Lightning attack if you're to far away from him in general and also only the last bit of lightning is the only one that hurts you i believe?

Nope it's a massive rain of lightning, like a ton of bolts grouped close together, comes out instantly, there's none of that red static warning. Working theory is that if you're clumped together in a big group when he does that red lightning it hits instantly and does a ton of damage, but has anyone else seen that?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Bicyclops posted:

This may be likely, which is interesting because this is the only Warriors game with a larger cast of women than men. Assuming that's the case though I'm pretty sure it'll be Cremia, though I guess the pirate captain is a possibility.

So, Focus Spirit, quick question. I'm pretty sure Focus Spirit bonuses don't stack, that is, if I get "More Rupees" in one, and then later I get a second "More Rupees" it doesn't increase it more. I'm not completely sure but I'm willing to bet that's the case. But is it possible to "lose" those? Say I get into Focus Spirit, and get up to the top of "More High Ranked Weapons." If later I go into a second Focus Spirit and only get "More Rupees" do I lose the earlier bonuses? I'm guessing probably not but it makes me nervous enough to ask.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Uh so has The Imprisoned always had that bullshit attack where instead of doing 6 shockwaves after he stands up, he just blasts you with instant and unavoidable lightning that drops you to 1 HP?

you don't get hit by it if you stand underneath him

EDIT: Wait, he has a second lightning attack?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

you don't get hit by it if you stand underneath him

EDIT: Wait, he has a second lightning attack?

Seemingly. I've only seen it once or twice and only after he stands up. It's like the first lightning attack (which he will do when standing up too) but it doesn't have any charge time, it just hits you, and a lot harder than the normal lightning. Rare though, only seen it 3 times ever, and the first two I was convinced I just didn't see the charge up.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

This may be likely, which is interesting because this is the only Warriors game with a larger cast of women than men. Assuming that's the case though I'm pretty sure it'll be Cremia, though I guess the pirate captain is a possibility.

So, Focus Spirit, quick question. I'm pretty sure Focus Spirit bonuses don't stack, that is, if I get "More Rupees" in one, and then later I get a second "More Rupees" it doesn't increase it more. I'm not completely sure but I'm willing to bet that's the case. But is it possible to "lose" those? Say I get into Focus Spirit, and get up to the top of "More High Ranked Weapons." If later I go into a second Focus Spirit and only get "More Rupees" do I lose the earlier bonuses? I'm guessing probably not but it makes me nervous enough to ask.

Pretty sure the bonuses during Focus Spirit only apply during Focus Spirit. As in, once that specific one ends, the bonuses are lost. It's not like sitting in a level farming magic bottles over and over will give you super duper poo poo at the end or anything.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If they only apply during Focus Spirit that's kinda lovely, it actually makes the bonuses pretty pointless.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MORE RARE DROPS...in a state that where you're whirling around in a circle focusing more on kills than picking poo poo up.

So when in levels where you're fighting Giant Bosses and it keeps giving warnings about breaking off the fight before the other bosses get there, does that actually mean anything? Like will the other bosses go away after a bit if you stop fighting?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

You don't have to pick poo poo up at all for some reason. The game gives you all the poo poo on the ground at the end of the map regardless of if you touch it or not.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You don't have to pick poo poo up at all for some reason. The game gives you all the poo poo on the ground at the end of the map regardless of if you touch it or not.

It only stores 20 on the map at once though, so it's good to pick them up unless you're at the very end of a map.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Haha yessss, Volga's new outfit owns.

edit: this was hard won, and now I can finally put the game down.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 6, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

you deserve an actual medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Haha yessss, Volga's new outfit owns.

Please tell me your secrets, I need motivation.

• Locked thread