Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

The way I remember is "which hand do I write with? Okay, that's right, the other is left."

Which has lost some meaning, because I barely handwrite anything anymore.

A bit difficult to remember when you are ambidextrous, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

FoolyCharged posted:

Well, Link did make him laugh which is something I doubt those other people did. Link is this tiny little kid with baby's first sword and a shield that's made out of wood and he's trying to take on the mighty Ganondorf mage man mounted on a warhorse. I doubt the guard did anything that ridiculous to earn mercy.

Maybe Ganon is just a nice guy deep inside?

Tengames posted:

See? one attempt, It wasn't that hard.

Gotta say, for a guy who killed a tree, tried to make a race of rock people starve to death,and maybe killed that guard, Ganondorf lets Link off pretty easy with just a little spell that knocks him down.

Told you Fae wouldn't have any trouble with this boss. :P

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When I was trying to learn right and left, my dad would always tell me your right hand is the hand that has the thumb on the left side.

Most useless tip ever.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Carbon dioxide posted:

When I was trying to learn right and left, my dad would always tell me your right hand is the hand that has the thumb on the left side.

Most useless tip ever.

:golfclap:

Tell your dad I'm stealing this.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I've always used the trick that if you extend the thumb and index finger of your left hand, from your perspective it looks like a capital L. I did that so often when I was younger, that whenever I have a moment of confusion on left or right, I'll make the gesture, feel it, not even have to look, and I'll be good to go. L=left.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011

Rogue 7 posted:

I've always used the trick that if you extend the thumb and index finger of your left hand, from your perspective it looks like a capital L. I did that so often when I was younger, that whenever I have a moment of confusion on left or right, I'll make the gesture, feel it, not even have to look, and I'll be good to go. L=left.

I show that to my students when I teach them English. When I see their eyes light up as realization suddenly hits, it makes my heart all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Charlett posted:

I show that to my students when I teach them English. When I see their eyes light up as realization suddenly hits, it makes my heart all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Ha! Funny enough, I'm also an ESL teacher and I do the exact same thing!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
So far this is the greatest ocarina of time LP ever made. Bookmarked

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
You didn't say "Hi, friend!" to Ganondorf! :(

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Patter Song posted:

He is no friend, we've learned that already.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Well, saying it to Ganondorf would at least allow him to reply with, 'I'm not your friend, PAL.'

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've learned a couple of things from this LP, but the fact that there's a screen I haven't seen yet (the back alley) amazes me.

Does the emulated Ocarina of Time support gamepad rumbling, by the way?

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

davidspackage posted:

I've learned a couple of things from this LP, but the fact that there's a screen I haven't seen yet (the back alley) amazes me.

Does the emulated Ocarina of Time support gamepad rumbling, by the way?

project 64 supports rumble! Although from what I recall, the default controller plug-in does not support it, so you would have to search out someone else's plug-in. Custom plug-ins are usually better than the default ones the emulator comes with anyway.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Patter Song posted:

I'm more disheartened that we don't know if Princess Ruto or the Octorok or Barry Nads are horses.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

I'm more disheartened that we don't know if Princess Ruto or the Octorok or Barry Nads are horses.

Did we marry a horse.

We married a horse, didn't we.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Morroque posted:

Did we marry a horse.

With a face like that, we didn't need the song!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Morroque posted:

Did we marry a horse.

Well, she does seem able to swim upright, but I'm not seeing a long tube-like mouth or prehensile tail anywhere

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I would just like to thank you all for helping us go gold just in time for the start of the second act of the game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Charlett posted:

It also helps for b and d. Hold up both hands like that. ABCD

Sorry it's sloppy but I'm posting in between classes. :downs:

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
Don't forget to find out what Saria has to say about all this!

Re: Right vs. Left chat, that was the one benefit being a Genesis kid gave me. The level select code for Sonic 1 was just Up, Down, Left, Right, A, Start. But if you put in Left and Right wrong, it would just start the game normally, so I sat there memorizing left from right until I could do it right every time.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Patter Song posted:

You guys saw/heard how tired and so 100% done with this dungeon I was by the end of this session, I was far too mentally worn out to even think about making any friends that weren't Panzer and ChaosArgate. I return to my usual energetic self next session though and we do meet some new friends and greet them appropriately!

FeyerbrandX posted:

No need to check, Ruto is clearly a fish wearing a padded bra :colbert:

ChaosArgate posted:

I would just like to thank you all for helping us go gold just in time for the start of the second act of the game.

:toot:

Seriously though, thanks guys! It means a lot to me that people are enjoying watching me bumble through one of the most well-loved games of my generation! I love you all and I hope every single one of you comes across a cute animal to pet today! :3:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Valgaav posted:

Don't forget to find out what Saria has to say about all this!

Re: Right vs. Left chat, that was the one benefit being a Genesis kid gave me. The level select code for Sonic 1 was just Up, Down, Left, Right, A, Start. But if you put in Left and Right wrong, it would just start the game normally, so I sat there memorizing left from right until I could do it right every time.
Holy poo poo, this is how I memorised left and right too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey guys so I hear you wanted Fae to do more Super Mario 64? Well a few hours ago we played some Mario 64 and recorded the magic.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey guys so I hear you wanted Fae to do more Super Mario 64? Well a few hours ago we played some Mario 64 and recorded the magic.

What. What. HOW IS LUIGI IN THE GAME?!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

and now OoT multiplayer with ChaosArgate as Zelda. :getin:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh my god this is the best thing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
My first thought was "I need this so I can do this with a friend."

My second thought was "Holy crap this is amazingly glitchy and buggy."

My third thought was "Holy poo poo, I need this so I can break it with a friend."

So yeah, all in all, a successful video. I want that game.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Silegna posted:

What, you didnt follow the 50 thousand guides on how to get luigi in super mario 64? They've been on the internet since like 1998 man, right next to the "how to revive general leo in ff3" guides.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 5, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

L is real 2014?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

and now OoT multiplayer with ChaosArgate as Zelda. :getin:

What if I wanted to be Waluigi?

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Just got around to the most recent update and I've got to say, aggressively friendly Link has quickly become my favorite Link.
Thank you, Fae♥

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ChaosArgate posted:

It's probably for the best that I don't have this.
I have the feeling I'd just climb to the highest place I could find and throw myself off it repeatedly just to hear Waluigi go "Waaah!"

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
What? Boo!

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 5, 2014

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

just checked, mod doesnt voice swap in waluigi lines, 0/10, no dice.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

L is real 2014?

Which reminds me, I made this earlier

..but I'm not sure anyone got it. It's the same texture, so I edited the text box (mentioned earlier in the thread) as the "L is real"-plaque (though I have no idea how people can believe it says that!)

edit: I'm sad you didn't try out The Princess's Secret Slide, that would've been interesting to watch! You were so close to the entrance too :(

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 5, 2014

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
you can reset with F1 :goonsay:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Your Computer posted:

edit: I'm sad you didn't try out The Princess's Secret Slide, that would've been interesting to watch! You were so close to the entrance too :(

That door needs one star to open. :(

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

re: L chat.

I had this used as an example of how to remember which was is left. IN A WOW RAID. I was like "The hell. people actually DO that.I thought it was just a dumb thing goons talked about!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Silegna posted:

Rom hacking is a wonderful thing.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I seriously recommend playing that mod with a friend over skype or something, it was so much fun and we'll definitely be doing it again!

Meanwhile back in Hyrule, its :siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 15 - You'll Understand When You're Older with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree

(its still processing so if it plays weirdly, that'd be why!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Faerie Fortune posted:

I seriously recommend playing that mod with a friend over skype or something, it was so much fun and we'll definitely be doing it again!

Meanwhile back in Hyrule, its :siren:Update Time!:siren:

Episode 15 - You'll Understand When You're Older with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree

(its still processing so if it plays weirdly, that'd be why!)

You know, I really hated how you get this shiny new item, that you can use for ALL OF ONE DUNGEON.

• Locked thread