Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Ah, I see the sidekicks are still up, but the dragosteeds aren't... boo. Anyway, I found a guildalog gem, figured I could make some annoying Nox level 0 guild and grind it some xp on my gem alts or something until people start joining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

SpiDeR posted:

Ah, I see the sidekicks are still up, but the dragosteeds aren't... boo. Anyway, I found a guildalog gem, figured I could make some annoying Nox level 0 guild and grind it some xp on my gem alts or something until people start joining.

Give it a goony name. I'm ready to join when it's opened.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Do I dare restart another time? :| Maybe once that new class comes out

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So um, does anyone with an active booster know the answer to the advent calendar puzzle? I'm still new enough to the game that I don't really have any idea what it's talking about.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I can't log in now because Steam seems down, but since the clue mentions feathers, I assume the answer is a bird.

[Edit: Yeah, it's the black-feathered thing with the bird skull helmet.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 1, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dackel posted:

Do I dare restart another time? :| Maybe once that new class comes out

You'll have my shovel at your side!

inkmoth posted:

So um, does anyone with an active booster know the answer to the advent calendar puzzle? I'm still new enough to the game that I don't really have any idea what it's talking about.

My guess would be the black raven from the series :3:

Oh BIG QUESTION

What are good stats for entrouf? So far i've been going for bonus HP planning on getting that to +20/25% then resistances

I've been doing all damage + fire resist too as I figure most people use fire dmg for pvp but I will spread that out a bit later

Critical hit % up till about 25% then i figure crit damage.

Also I'm going with init followed by dodge

E:

In game name is Gourmand Batard feel free to add me.

E2:

THis server is pretty awesome grouped with 4 different people so far just in the tutorial to run the dungeon.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 1, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
New wakfu puzzle for day 2:

"Whoever said Rogues didn’t take care of their bombs?"

My guess would be the bomb in the winter scarf...

But I'm not testing it unless someone else can confirm.

E:

I said screw it and I went for it. Got it right, its the bomb in the scarf.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 2, 2014

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
For those of you just coming in, please be aware that the class info in the OP is horribly out of date. I know it isn't much help to say something like that and not provide an alternative source, but I would advise not to let something we said in the OP regarding class viability sway you against trying it. My heart still wants to advice people not to play doll Sadida or Pandawa but I haven't logged in myself a couple months.

Is anyone still active on Phaeris? If so I am willing to transfer most guild privileges. We still have sizeable assets on Phaeris in addition to our haven world and fairly high-level guild. With that said I would continue to advise against rolling there as the server's access for western users is hidden behind an obscure menu in the client, which pretty much guarantees it'll never see the same level of population it had when it was the only free version of Wakfu around, and ironically enough the server shows the same signs of neglect we used to see applied towards Nox and Remington.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpiDeR posted:

What healer henchie did you recommend again?

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Al Borland posted:

What healer henchie did you recommend again?

Al, I picked up the dual element pink ball, Krosmoglob. His heals seem kind of weird, but interesting.

Regarding the Day 2 advent prize, is it normal for there to be a "Use My Token" button on the popup that takes me to the enter codes page?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

inkmoth posted:

Al, I picked up the dual element pink ball, Krosmoglob. His heals seem kind of weird, but interesting.

Regarding the Day 2 advent prize, is it normal for there to be a "Use My Token" button on the popup that takes me to the enter codes page?

on the right hand side there is a counter that has a count on your tokens. click that and use it to get the item.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

scaterry posted:

on the right hand side there is a counter that has a count on your tokens. click that and use it to get the item.

Sorry, I must be blind. On the right hand side of what? I've looked on both the pop-up itself, and on the page with all the pictures, but I'm not seeing a counter. Unless you mean the day-tracker-thing I clicked on to get the pop up to appear?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Al Borland posted:

I said screw it and I went for it. Got it right, its the bomb in the scarf.
Excellent job... because I just wasn't paying attention lol

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
My self hatred knows no bounds and I'll be hopping on Nox this evening if anyone wants to power level.

Does anyone know if sadi doll builds are not utter crap?

Also are foggernauts that use rails valid?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Okay figured out how to claim the token.

YOu just go to get my reward scroll down look for the use token button near the bottom.

E:

New puzzle new answer

Pandas love booze so its the champagne bottle and glass.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 3, 2014

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Spiderr and I managed to gather old man semen, shrivelled pikmin seeds and other assorted goodies and I went from lvl 1 to 42 in about an hour....all in all today I beat Wakfu, and that is a good day.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Figured out how to feed the phoenix pet. Just use the quartz its 100k each but you can feed em once per day or every 3.

Also the rat tail you fed it probably was a cape not the actual rat tail you need.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Al Borland posted:

Figured out how to feed the phoenix pet. Just use the quartz its 100k each but you can feed em once per day or every 3.

Also the rat tail you fed it probably was a cape not the actual rat tail you need.

AL why don't you join me and spiderr on Nox?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Al Borland posted:

or use lava eyes which drop from a lvl 40 mob in brakmar. its much easier and cheaper than quartz

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SoggyGravy posted:

AL why don't you join me and spiderr on Nox?

I don't know your names and i was on at like midnight.

I'm very casual playing this game. What are your IGNS?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
'thisdesignsucks' and 'soggy fog'

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpiDeR posted:

'thisdesignsucks' and 'soggy fog'

I will be on tonight :3:

'Gourmand Batard'

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Well, thanks to some help from SpiDeR, I've got my mount and my levels are a bunch higher. Now to actually get the summons to make those levels useful!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/advent-calendar

Advent day 4:

Nox the robot looking guy hunching over a red xmas gift.

Honestly everything so far seems based off the TV show which is awesome :3:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Running around tonight, Cyllix and Palla Dyn are the IGNs.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Be on in a bit making dinner and playin gundam with my buddies.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Ok, I made the guild called The Hive and ground it to level 1, it's going to take both time (and grinding guild quests) as well as time... there's a wait time to actually level up or get the new perk. If anyone wants to help, we can invite some trash alts to spam the 'Craft 10' and 'Kill 10' quests and I'll just try to eat the wheat or thistle or whatever the hell we use.

In the meantime, I'm in a level 8 (going on 9) guild on Nox in Sufokia if anyone wants to join. It's got tasty +10% job xp, and that's all anyone ever needs... I can invite folks and most of them are friendly and not retarded... but there's a few who are always on that are grinding jobs and only jobs, so who knows if you'll get free grinds out of them?

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Al Borland posted:

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/advent-calendar

Advent day 4:

Nox the robot looking guy hunching over a red xmas gift.

Honestly everything so far seems based off the TV show which is awesome :3:

Looks like I might have missed this one - is there a way to go back and get one from a prior day?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

inkmoth posted:

Looks like I might have missed this one - is there a way to go back and get one from a prior day?

Nope but what is day 5...I miss just getting the answer from here.

I think it is the guy above the drago-turkey but below the green goblin?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

SoggyGravy posted:

its the wizardly looking guy next to the large 2x2 square of a guy sitting. his name is Lord Harebourg.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SoggyGravy posted:

THis guy.

What the heck is this tofukaze game?

I got a mob hat and chese piece offa it is that like good gear or something?

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 5, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The tofukaze game is their referral bait. Sign up people and if they pay you get more tries at the grid.

( https://secure.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/play-tofukaze/Valatar )

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whats it do though? Like what are these items?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
It's cute junk, mostly. For dolling up your haven bag. Pretty much every Wakfu referral schtick has been that way. "Click now and get an outfit you'll never wear."

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

It's cute junk, mostly. For dolling up your haven bag. Pretty much every Wakfu referral schtick has been that way. "Click now and get an outfit you'll never wear."

Awesome. This hat will actually look decent on my old man.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SpiDeR posted:

Ok, I made the guild called The Hive and ground it to level 1, it's going to take both time (and grinding guild quests) as well as time... there's a wait time to actually level up or get the new perk. If anyone wants to help, we can invite some trash alts to spam the 'Craft 10' and 'Kill 10' quests and I'll just try to eat the wheat or thistle or whatever the hell we use.

In the meantime, I'm in a level 8 (going on 9) guild on Nox in Sufokia if anyone wants to join. It's got tasty +10% job xp, and that's all anyone ever needs... I can invite folks and most of them are friendly and not retarded... but there's a few who are always on that are grinding jobs and only jobs, so who knows if you'll get free grinds out of them?

I'm a little sad about joining pubbies, but I doubt there'll be enough of a goon presence in the game to claim a lot of ground, so I'm willing. Plus I signed up with Sufokia, solely on the merits of it being the least-dismal looking country with that whole Mediterranean vibe it has.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Sorry for the late update:

Day 6:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Day 7 is the pouch.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Ok, the so-far-stealth guild is on it's way to next level... in 4 hours. Still another level to get a drat bank tab. You get 15points for killing 10 monsters, 20 for doing a dungeon, 15 for crafting. If... anyone was bored, I mean probably not more than I, since I have been multiboxing 4+ accounts through the dungeon 2-4 times a day. I could face-stab things for people who want to make an alt for grinding purposes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

SpiDeR posted:

Ok, the so-far-stealth guild is on it's way to next level... in 4 hours. Still another level to get a drat bank tab. You get 15points for killing 10 monsters, 20 for doing a dungeon, 15 for crafting. If... anyone was bored, I mean probably not more than I, since I have been multiboxing 4+ accounts through the dungeon 2-4 times a day. I could face-stab things for people who want to make an alt for grinding purposes?

I'll roll up an alt for the guild really soon. I saw some post on the official forums about a sidekick feature that will reward having an alt anyway, so I might as well start one and help the goony future.

Also, Al - if you have a chance to get online someday soon, we should run the boarthroom. I've got nearly enough keys and I think it will get us a haven bag gem. Not sure I can quite solo it with my sidekicks yet, but I think it's around the right level for both of our teams.

• Locked thread