Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
So Roxy has Kitty Pride powers?

Also, I was thinking that Dirk's sword was a Juju, which means there can only be one of them. Does Roxy take Dave's Bro's sword, and then somehow end up giving it to Dirk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's not a juju as far as I'm aware. There was a conversation between Dirk and Caliborn about Lil'Cal being a juju though.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
If you actually don't think that The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven owned, and aren't excited that it will continue, please just leave. Don't come back. Your taste is so bad it's making me feel naseous

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Poultron posted:

If you actually don't think that The Inaugural Death of Mister Seven owned, and aren't excited that it will continue, please just leave. Don't come back. Your taste is so bad it's making me feel naseous

I agree with this post.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Poultron posted:

It probably says something that I'm more excited for that than I am about actual updates. Probably doesn't help that Hussie gets more done in one page of that than in several pages of an update, but the pacing is really slow right now.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Did anyone else think of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet when John talks about teleporting them all to Caliborn/Lord English's location to attack him all at once?

Thanos and Caliborn are a pretty obvious parallel.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Today's update gives me the totally explicable urge to queue up The Beginning of Something Really Excellent :3:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

John posted:

see you soon!
John will never see Roxy again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

curiousTerminal posted:

So you're saying he's going to go blind, to make up for the fact that Terezi can see again?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

curiousTerminal posted:

You monster.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So you're saying he's going to go blind, to make up for the fact that Terezi can see again?

John is going to retcon his eyes out of existence so that they may later be replace by pool balls.
That's why they're always toggling between numbers, he's retconning which ones he picked multiple times a second.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No, now she has a glorious hanzo steel, Roxy will be unable to resist the urge to commit seppuku.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

curiousTerminal posted:

He'll see her again, but she'll be all grown up by the time he gets back.

John's pulling a Peter Pan and he doesn't even know it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

No, now she has a glorious hanzo steel, Roxy will be unable to resist the urge to commit seppuku.

If Dirk can resist the manime urge to commit ritual suicide, I'm sure Roxy can.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

curiousTerminal posted:

That was my read, too. In fact, I was expecting her to fall on the sword as soon as John was out of sight.
e: f, b

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Counting down until an intangible Roxy shows up chomping a cigar while John is fixing the timeline.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I was 60% expecting John to suddenly fail at flying and fall to his death.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Flying is pretty easy: all you have to do is miss the ground.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"I never miss" :clint:

*noisily distributes self across landscape*

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Paradox Space is actually better than real Homestuck, now.

That's hosed up.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

John is going to retcon his eyes out of existence so that they may later be replace by pool balls.
That's why they're always toggling between numbers, he's retconning which ones he picked multiple times a second.

I just now realized that the entire Midnight Crew The Felt likely ends up as part of Lord English. Would explain the time powers, at least.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 5, 2014

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

The to be continued made me way too happy, but now I'm thinking there's gonna be a week of Fun Days.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

a fun day with corpses

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just now realized that the entire Midnight Crew likely ends up as part of Lord English. Would explain the time powers, at least.

a) The MC are the chess guys

b) time powers come with being Lord of Time

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

a) The MC are the chess guys

Whoops I mean The Felt. :sweatdrop:

quote:

b) time powers come with being Lord of Time

But whence came the eyes?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 5, 2014

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's been established with Union Jack that the rapidly alternating billiard eyes suggest some sort of puppeteering by Caliborn via Cal, which I guess along with The Felt themselves is one of the many powers he gains through being an obstinate shitheel. Now whether or not this means LE is not really a "grown up" Caliborn but rather someone else he's hijacked, or some weird homunculus he's built, is still open to debate.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Lizard Wizard posted:

Lord of Table Stick-Ball

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Now whether or not this means LE is not really a "grown up" Caliborn but rather someone else he's hijacked, or some weird homunculus he's built, is still open to debate.

I'm leaning towards the latter. I've heard people say "well of course LE has time powers, Caliborn is a Lord of Time." But thus far, he hasn't been shown to have any kind of powers of his own beyond cherub strength and resilience. Numerous components of LE are, or could easily be, taken from elsewhere, and I just don't see any compelling evidence that Caliborn MUST be Lord English.

He could well be, though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm leaning towards the latter. I've heard people say "well of course LE has time powers, Caliborn is a Lord of Time." But thus far, he hasn't been shown to have any kind of powers of his own beyond cherub strength and resilience. Numerous components of LE are, or could easily be, taken from elsewhere, and I just don't see any compelling evidence that Caliborn MUST be Lord English.

He also has mind-control eyes and the ability to use whatever hex he put on the Handmaid and later the Condesce.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Just by conservation of detail, I'm sure Caliborn is the big green skull monster that's eating souls.

I'm starting to think he might be Gamzee's puppet though.
Lord English has the same effect Jack Noir got from staring into Lil Cal. Gamzee created Lil Cal. Gamzee has raised Caliborn from hatching, and has followed him since. Gamzee used to worship Lord English, until having an epiphany in which he came to believe he is the Mirthful Messiah destined to bring about the Dark Carnival.
And the only timeline in which Gamzee has died, across all the timelines of paradox space, is the one in which John gained and used the power to rewrite realities.
Has it actually been said that Caliborn claimed that power?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Didn't Caliborn stare into lil Cal's eyes and imbue him with the weird eye stuff power or something? I think I remember him doing that.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Freak Futanari posted:

Paradox Space is actually better than real Homestuck, now.

That's hosed up.

It has always been

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

And the only timeline in which Gamzee has died, across all the timelines of paradox space, is the one in which John gained and used the power to rewrite realities.
Has it actually been said that Caliborn claimed that power?

Nothing like that has been said, and I sorta doubt it will be. All of time has already been built around Caliborn's rise to power and immortality, so he's got no reason to rewrite anything. Every alpha timeling goes his way because that's what it means to be Lord of Time. I'm pretty sure he walks someone through this logic at one point or another.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Not to mention, Gamzee was explicitly called the most important character in Homestuck

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Speaking of Gamzee, was LE's honking ever accounted for?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Not to mention, Gamzee was explicitly called the most important character in Homestuck

But he was also explicitly called not the most important character in Homestuck. But still pretty important.

It also seems pretty clear that Gamzee's been possessed by Cal in a similar way to Union Jack. How many times have we seen Gamzee hanging with lil Cal and staring into his eyes, and he's also got the multicoloured eyes thing going on after he got out of Aranea's mind control.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But he was also explicitly called not the most important character in Homestuck. But still pretty important.

Gamzee is, indeed, not Vriska.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Gamzee is, indeed, not Vriska.

Vriska lost her chance when she rejected Hussie. You think he's going to let her be important again after breaking his heart?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Speaking of Gamzee, was LE's honking ever accounted for?

Oh right, that was the thing that got me thinking Gamzee is the real villain in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

It has always been

Counterpoint: KC Green SBAHJ