Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I still like Bray even after Cena destroyed all the main event status in Bray.

I'm still going to the rumble with a sign that says "If Bray loses we Wyatt" no matter how low on the card he falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Erick Rowan's new entrance theme remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJk-X9RGAhA

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sticklefifer posted:

I just cobbled this together in about 10 minutes (and added a little something to the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyrpRKBQkOg

I wish this was the real theme/Titantron so badly. Big Red gum would be in the public consciousness again.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Smoking Crow posted:

I think Bray's problem is that he's a poorly booked 90s Undertaker. He could come out and promo every match if he was booked like the killer Taker was.

He reminds me more of Mankind before he got over.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MacDougall posted:

He reminds me more of Mankind before he got over.

Bray Wyatt, Husky Harris and Axel Mulligan, the three faces of Rotundo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Red cream soda is awesome

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

I thought Vince's logic behind calling Brock Lesnar a "special attraction" was pretty sound - but if it should apply to anyone else, it should apply to Bray Wyatt. I don't think giving a promo every week helps him at all. Who knows, maybe there are a lot of kids who love seeing it.

Know this is from a while back but when I went to see raw live there were so many kids dressed as bray wyatt, so strangely I think he's over with kids?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It's you guys who are the weirdos, it IS a joke and outside of one graphic, everything else on WWE's site refers to the show as just Tables Ladders and Chairs. It's you. You're the autistics.

And maybe me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Know this is from a while back but when I went to see raw live there were so many kids dressed as bray wyatt, so strangely I think he's over with kids?

Maybe in the area you went to, dressing like DeNiro from Cape Fear is just the trend.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

armoredgorilla posted:

It's you guys who are the weirdos, it IS a joke and outside of one graphic, everything else on WWE's site refers to the show as just Tables Ladders and Chairs. It's you. You're the autistics.

And maybe me.

using autistic as an insult isn't cool

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Cardboard Box posted:

Isn't it?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Cardboard Box posted:

You're right, my bad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

inexplicable erick rowan is my favorite WWE character in a long time and I hope they keep adding meaningless accomplishments every time he shows up on screen

It's because it's fun and interesting whenever WWE pushes someone new instead of just giving us the usual.

Like we'll cling to any new push at this point. I was excited about Ryback a couple weeks ago.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I think it is.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Alain Post posted:

I think it is.

I haven't watched since ss has everyone stopped caring about ziggler yet?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DrWrestling69 posted:

I don't know how everyone else feels, I just figure they're in a holding pattern until the Rumble so I'll hold off on any excitement until I see how they treat him on the Road to Wrestlemania™

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DrWrestling69 posted:

I'm going to Wait and See.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ziggler who? Cena is still the top dog, JACK.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
So as per Austin's podcast, classic heel moves are not allowed according to Cesaro. So if you're a heel, rather than get any heat in the ring you just sort of...lose.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DrVenkman posted:

So as per Austin's podcast, classic heel moves are not allowed according to Cesaro. So if you're a heel, rather than get any heat in the ring you just sort of...lose.

Well it's okay though because Vince is telling the face to be sure to put you over while he beats you!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

armoredgorilla posted:

You're right, my bad.

don't sweat it

DrVenkman posted:

that seems totally plausible, you don't really see things like eye rakes or even stomps very often anymore. you definitely don't see them playing to the crowd.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Does Tyson Kidd using his wife as a human shield count as a classic heel move?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I can't believe the British Bootcamp let go of Dave Mastiff, that dude can move and was genuinely different. Rampage Jackson will probably win?

Hoping it's Kay Lee Ray, myself.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All I want for Christmas is a Dave Mastiff/Hanson tag team.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DrWrestling69 posted:

I can't speak for WWE creative but I'm enjoying the ride

BisonDollah posted:

I can't believe the British Bootcamp let go of Dave Mastiff, that dude can move and was genuinely different. Rampage Jackson will probably win?

I'm pretty glad Mastiff didn't get a tna contract because he deserves so much better

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Does Mastiff have tiny baby arms or is that just an awkward picture?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris Hero keeps getting worse the more I see him!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

In the past month I've seen heels hiding behind their managers, using foreign objects, using countouts to retain a title, and using the tights to get a pin. What "classic heel moves" aren't allowed, because classic heel moves that aren't any of the above are a pretty short list? Like, eye pokes and feet on the ropes? (and even feet on the ropes has been used at least once this year I'm pretty sure)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

fatherdog posted:

In the past month I've seen heels hiding behind their managers, using foreign objects, using countouts to retain a title, and using the tights to get a pin. What "classic heel moves" aren't allowed, because classic heel moves that aren't any of the above are a pretty short list? Like, eye pokes and feet on the ropes? (and even feet on the ropes has been used at least once this year I'm pretty sure)

Stomps and mule kicks and strong rear end semi-illegal moves.

Like everything Stone Cold did except for headlocks and the stunner

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Heel tactics are now the heel kick the face ' s rear end for five straight minutes before the face comes back and does all his or her signature moves.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Heel tactics are now the heel kick the face ' s rear end for five straight minutes before the face comes back and does all his or her signature moves.

and then the match ends with a DQ

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's like fast food, bland and always consistently so, but there was nowhere else to go so I guess we have to eat there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DrVenkman posted:

Maybe Cesaro needs to learn English. :colbert:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

BisonDollah posted:

Here's the thing. British Bootcamp is obviously REALLY scripted/contrived. Look at all Grado stuff, portraying the Owens twins as if they don't know basic drills etc. I am very high on Kay Lee Ray but I'd pick Nikki Storm every day of the week. Seemingly Nikki had major WWE interest already. RJ Singh knew he was retiring this year yet was in the show. In all the same vein Mastiff is a school teacher it is fairly unlikely that he was moving to the US for TNA.

All logical deductions and speculation in the scene points to Mark Andrews winning.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DeathChicken posted:

He's been dead since Wrestlemania, and the lovely thing is *that* was their big chance to make a megastar out of him. Everything from the promo package to the entrance to the reaction set it up so pretty much anything except a clean Cena win would have set that dude for life.

Then it was a clean Cena win. And another one. And a match where Bray technically won but it was after ten minutes of Cena kicking his rear end all over a cage. Then another one.

I felt like he could have come back from most things, but it was the match with Cena after the Cena loss to Brock, where he just got totally squashed while basically begging for his life and crying that killed the whole thing for me. And I loved (and still do) the Bray concept. But you really can't put an Undertaker or Mankind-like character, who has been shown to sort of revel in violence and beg for chairshots, in that position without something more significant being involved. It was really after that where they had to yank him off TV for awhile and re-debut him.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I just cobbled this together in about 10 minutes (and added a little something to the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyrpRKBQkOg

I wish this was the real theme/Titantron so badly. Big Red gum would be in the public consciousness again.

Every please watch this.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Yeah, that really deserves more love.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Little kids wear fedoras these days because their Youtube heroes wear fedoras. It probably didn't have much to do with Bray Wyatt for some of them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Red posted:

Maybe in the area you went to, dressing like DeNiro from Cape Fear is just the trend.

It was Liverpool, and coming from Liverpool the average attire is tracky bottoms and hoodies :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://shop.wwe.com/Ugly-Holiday-Sweater-Sweatshirts/winter-uglysweaters,default,sc.html

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 5, 2014

• Locked thread