Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

From what I understand you don't get the goodies by the elevator if you don't kill spiderwoman so watching the guys run from her had me slappin my forehead a bit.

Judging from what was there it didn't seem like too big a loss though.

Also wow the Fall part 5, even with the warning I was still unprepared. Good thing it's one of the worst LP's on the channel (Sorry Woolie and Liam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The next few chapters are tedious as gently caress, that's where I started losing interest in playing that game.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

From what I understand you don't get the goodies by the elevator if you don't kill spiderwoman so watching the guys run from her had me slappin my forehead a bit.

Judging from what was there it didn't seem like too big a loss though.

Also wow the Fall part 5, even with the warning I was still unprepared. Good thing it's one of the worst LP's on the channel (Sorry Woolie and Liam)

I had been waiting for the LP to round a corner and become more interesting because I remember Liam mentioning that he thought it turned out really well audio issues aside. Unfortunately it never really grabbed me and when I hit the audio issues episode I decided to just not bother watching further.

It might just be an issue with how I consume SBFP material where it's generally something I have on a second screen and am only playing half attention to. When I hear something hype going on I'll perk up and pay more attention, but otherwise I'll just kind of gloss over the game dialog.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Depths posted:

The next few chapters are tedious as gently caress, that's where I started losing interest in playing that game.

Ahhhh.

Can't wait.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I started playing TEW once the Best Friend videos passed where I left off, and I've been playing just enough to stay ahead of the videos everytime I do. And so far, I'm really liking it to be honest. Sure there's some rough spots, and the game overall isn't as good as RE4 (although I think the gunplay might actually be better in TEW, I don't know), but I think it's pretty cool. Although like I said I'm barely ahead of where the videos are so if the game goes real bad after that I wouldn't know. I have heard bad things about Chapter 11 though.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
How much longer does TEW go on? From watching the recent videos dumping all the Rubic backstory on us I had assumed we were nearing the end game.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Apparently there are 17 chapters. It's a long rear end game.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Commissar Ken posted:

For awhile there I thought I built that poo poo up in my own head, that there was no way he could be that much of a smug prick then there was that E3 a couple years ago where he practically grabbed Reggie by the collar and was all

"TELL ME THE WII U IS GONNA BE A FAILURE! DO IT NOW ON CAMERA!"

which ok, maybe he's just that wa-

"So Mr. Don Mattrick, you just announced this console with a bunch of DRM and anti consumer policies and haven't decided to 180 on that yet which would make it far more tolerable. Is your console a great console or the GREATEST console?"

Hrm, that's loving nuts well I guess i'll watch a little more and see if the-

"This just in, lets check off the EA conference on my Samsung galaxy 2 brought to you by Samsun-" :jerkbag:

It's seriously hosed up how a lot of games media has a anti-nintendo bias.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It was really fun hearing Woolie and Liam get hype for Onepunch Man, I really hope we get to hear a little more about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope Matt and Pat binge it and then freak out on next week's podcast :allears:

One Punch Man is the most gorgeous comic ever.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm playing catch-up on my Watch Later list on Youtube. I can't believe how ghastly Sonic Boom looks (drunk Sonic gameplay is the best gameplay) and that Far Cry 4 Co-op video was so stupid, I loved it.

Mesothelioma posted:

I started seeing Nintendo in a different light when I stopped attaching them to the image of the pre-GameCube days when they had a plethora of third-party support and just started accepting them as a companion platform for people to play their Marios on. Our Wii U collected dust until I bought Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 this past week, played both of them a bit, and brought them over a friend's house where we passed the controller around to play 'em, and then I realized, "Ah. This is what Nintendo is." They're a one-trick pony, but it's a really good trick that works every time. Having stuff like Platinum games like Bayo and Wonderful 101 on their console is a huge bonus.

Or it could just be "games journalism".

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Mesothelioma posted:

Ehhh, I think they kinda do to a degree but I ment more in like "Oh... jeez. Well if he's gonna go after Reggie like that I can't wait to see what he'll do to Don Mattrick after tha-... wha?" That being said yes i'm pretty sure Keighley has a pretty dour opinion on Nintendo in general. I remember seeing something he was in that was discussing game of the years and it was either SMG 2 or Skyward Sword as a contender and he was just like "Why is a wii game on this list?"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Commissar Ken posted:

Ehhh, I think they kinda do to a degree but I ment more in like "Oh... jeez. Well if he's gonna go after Reggie like that I can't wait to see what he'll do to Don Mattrick after tha-... wha?" That being said yes i'm pretty sure Keighley has a pretty dour opinion on Nintendo in general. I remember seeing something he was in that was discussing game of the years and it was either SMG 2 or Skyward Sword as a contender and he was just like "Why is a wii game on this list?"

Which was why I was laughing out loud when it was Geoff Keighly of all people who came out to present the super smash bros invitational this past E3.

Speaking of Keighly, his show's about to start in 2 hours, the crowd is sure to go MIIIIIILD over this poo poo!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Nintendo rarely gives anyone exclusives or big news stories, because they save almost all of it for Directs. That pisses off the games journalism industry, because of course, "If you don't give our sites clicks, then why should we bother with your stupid rear end?"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Nintendos directs is probably the smartest most forward thinking media strategy of this generation and I'm shocked no one follows their lead.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't wait for Best Friends Watch: The game awards 2014.

Video will go up next to the super ontime game of the year videos too, I'm sure of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nintendo is also frustrating because their policies and infrastructure feel like they're from the stone age.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Boy, it must be awkward for Keighly to have Reggie at his own award show

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I stand baffled and corrected.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Al-Saqr posted:

Nintendos directs is probably the smartest most forward thinking media strategy of this generation and I'm shocked no one follows their lead.

I really miss the embarrassing and memorable E3 conferences. Who could forget Reggie's first line of "“My name is Reggie, I’m about kickin’ rear end, I’m about takin’ names, and we’re about makin’ games” and the laughably bad live game demos?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I think the other guys are watching it. I have no idea what'll be going on, aside from maybe here and Twitter. I'm at my folks tonight.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think the other guys are watching it. I have no idea what'll be going on, aside from maybe here and Twitter. I'm at my folks tonight.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Selfies with Ocelot mode.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I stand re-uncorrected.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

super ontime game of the year videos

Oh gently caress, I just realized we're almost into the next year without these.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Skull knight from Berserk is in Witcher 3 please get excited.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
A goddamn godzilla game oh poo poo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Depths posted:

Came here to post this. Also Bayo 2 getting some respect.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Depths posted:

I really hope it's good, or at least not awful.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I really hope it's good, or at least not awful.

I played a bunch of it already. Expect a video tomorrow at noon est.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

My spidey sense is tingling. Pat had a small joy stroke after seeing that huge rear end zelda world map.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hot diggity drat.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

loving miyamoto just casually dropping "yeah starfox is coming out BEFORE Zelda THIS YEAR" and pretending like it's no big deal. hahahahah

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Most hype announcement to come out of the Game Awards!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah soon as Link jumped off the mountain I could only imagine the next podcast blowing up.

Also hey magic meter, neat.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The Fall had a great ending

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

They mentioned that Karin "can't come back" in the SFA3 video.
Why can't she? Karin is great.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seshoho Cian posted:

They mentioned that Karin "can't come back" in the SFA3 video.
Why can't she? Karin is great.

Karin was originally from the Sakura Ganbaru! manga, and is owned by the author of that. IIRC, Capcom has to pay him a royalty every time they use Karin.

And Capcom is kind of cheap.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno, it's a bit silly that every time you want to use a character that's actually from your series that you need to pay royalties for it. It's not like Karin is some mega popular character either, so it wouldn't really be worth it for them to do so, unfortunately.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PriA6bGJ4t8

GOJIRA!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahah. Wow that game looks great. I can't wait to try it on the ps4. Looks like what a Godzilla game should be. Blowing poo poo up.