Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epopt
Feb 12, 2008

quote:

First, make sure you clean and rinse the tub really good. This is important, and make sure you tell her you cleaned it well.

Why? Why is this so important? Are we supposed to assume your tub is normally nasty, and she needs to be reassured it's clean so she'll get in?

Definitely stdh, because there's no way he actually has completed this fantasy with anything that was human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Yeah the fact that he has to assure his non-existent girlfriend that it's most definitely clean would, if it happened to me, set off a red flag. "Yeah, no, the tub is totally clean! I also definitely didn't jizz into the bath water." Maybe I'm just a suspicious person, though.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

epopt posted:

Definitely stdh, because there's no way he actually has completed this fantasy with anything that was human.

Uh, he already answered you, troll.

quote:

Edit4: Thank you so much for the gold! Some user's also mentioned warming up the towels in the dryer first. Great idea. Unfortunately, with success, comes trolls. A lot of people are projecting their negativity at me saying I am fantasizing and that I am some under-sexed teenager, and that this is unrealistic. Putting on some music, a couple bottles of wine, some food, and some towels is not some far fetched crazy idea.

E: Thanks for the gold!

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
This sounds like a George Costanza thing. Cold cut meats in the tub? A full on panini? Because what you want to do while relaxing in a bath is eat a loving sandwich.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

hyperhazard posted:

Now when you refill it with water, it will be lukewarm because you used up all the hot water warming the drat tub.

To be fair, I'll wait to take a bath until after someone else took a quick shower just because it will have warmed up the tub surface without using up all of the heated water. But you definitely don't have to run a full "preparation" bath, that's an absurd waste of water.

Zaphod42 posted:

It starts kinda romantic but quickly gets so extremely over-specific that he sounds like he's describing how he handles his sex doll, not a real woman.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Boofchicken posted:

This sounds like a George Costanza thing. Cold cut meats in the tub? A full on panini? Because what you want to do while relaxing in a bath is eat a loving sandwich.

id eat a sandwich in the bath

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

david... posted:

im eating a sandwhich in the bath tonight.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wizard of Smart posted:

im eating a sandwhich in the bath tonight.

And I am the sandwhich.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

david... posted:

shower beer is better :colbert:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Place your fully delitized girlfriend into the tub and massage her ham and cheese breasts.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Zaphod42 posted:

shower beer is better :colbert:

Shower Beer is strange because it has to be, like, a very specific kind of beer. You can't take a IPA or a good stout in there, it's got to be like a Tecate or a Rainier.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Shower Beer is strange because it has to be, like, a very specific kind of beer. You can't take a IPA or a good stout in there, it's got to be like a Tecate or a Rainier.

Dogfish 60 and 90 are fine showerbeers.

120 is probably not as enjoyable.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Yeah so only good beers

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Showerbeer is the dumbest goon meme. "You know what makes beer better? Standing and having hot water pour all over your body and into your beer as you try to quickly chug an $8 bomber." You want good beer? Get a 40 and just sit on your drat rear end like a normal person #beerhax

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Minarch posted:

Showerbeer is the dumbest goon meme. "You know what makes beer better? Standing and having hot water pour all over your body and into your beer as you try to quickly chug an $8 bomber." You want good beer? Get a 40 and just sit on your drat rear end like a normal person #beerhax

You don't get it - showerbeer combines the great feeling of getting smashed with the potential of dropping it (especially with soap!) and either slipping on the can (pussy) or slicing up your feet on the shattered glass (hardcore).

#xtremedrinking, bra. Get in.

TheObserver has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Dec 6, 2014

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

oilcan of fosters

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Boofchicken posted:

Honestly, I would love it if my boyfriend ran a bath for me, poured me a drink, and then brought me a sandwich. The rest of it is weird as hell, but I'm really into the sandwich idea.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Today is a good day for various stdh set to stupid meme macros.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

First one... I just don't get why somebody would write that.

Second one I can totally believe. I bet the job is just waaaaaay shittier than he's imagining.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm at a party. It's a Wisconsin winter, so we all take off our shoes at the door.

It's a pretty good party. I'm in college, and it must've been my junior year. I came with my best friend / couch surfer, and everything was alright. I was flirting with a girl for a little while, and she gets a call on her cellphone. I play cards for a little while longer, but something gets my attention. I see a girl giving this guy a backrub. I call out, "Hey, what about me?"

She starts making out with me. No backrub, no nonsense. Immediately, the first girl, with whom I was flirting with earlier, comes careening out of the woodwork. I do not see her. All I see is the backrub-girl's face being ejected off my own face by the first girl's fist. She was smacking her own friend in the mouth for moving in on me.

WAPOW!

There is commotion. 

"What is going on?" the partygoers might have said.

Eventually, it gets to backrubgirl's boyfriend. She's got a boyfriend. And he's big.

He tries to beat the heck out of me. I get lucky, and things don't end up like he thought they would. 

Enter: Boyfriend-guy's Four Big Friends. I do my best impression of the Roadrunner.

I'm dashing out into the hallway, looking straight forward. 

'I'll have to get to the car, and call my best friend on my phone so he can get me out of here', I calmly say to myself.

As I'm running down the street, I see his car. The lights are on. The passenger door is open. My best friend is in the car. He has a poo poo-eating grin on his face.

I don't ask questions.

I dive in, and calmly explain that we need to abscond.

"We've gotta get out of here!" I remark.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's the rush?"

"No time!" I tell him, no doubt with spittle dribbling down my chin.

"Relax, man. Look in the backseat."

I turn around. About 20 pairs of footwear, in various styles. I turn back to him. He smiles. I smile.

No way are people going to run barefoot, much less three blocks, in a Wisconsin winter. 

Apparently, he saw what was about to go down, and prepared. I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

We dropped the shoes off on the curb, and leisurely drove home.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
"Haha, just kidding, you actually failed for not only having out, but using an internet enabled device during a final."

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Zaphod42 posted:

First one... I just don't get why somebody would write that.

High middle schooler trying to capture the drama of being in college.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

"Haha, just kidding, you actually failed for not only having out, but using an internet enabled device during a final."

Why would he browse imgur instead of just cheating anyway

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nth Doctor posted:

High middle schooler trying to capture the drama of being in college.

I liked the full minute of an "extremely obvious blank look" on the face of the girl he was trying to ask out.

Son, she wants nothing to do with you.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

It's one of those things like Le-a where someone's aunt's sister's neighbor totally knew someone with that name. It kept cropping up in the PYF Terrible Names thread so often that it was banned.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/people-named-abcde/

Weirdly enough, it turns out there are 328 people are named Abcde in the Social Security Administration database.

So... I guess it's not STDH. Just dumb parents.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Minarch posted:

It's good for the same reason drinking in a hot tub is good. Being super warm makes cold beverages refreshing all hell, but you could probably get the same level of refreshment out of a shower sprite or shower gatorade. I cant imagine drinking fast enough to manage a buzz by the time your shower is over.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

It's good for the same reason drinking in a hot tub is good. Being super warm makes cold beverages refreshing all hell, but you could probably get the same level of refreshment out of a shower sprite or shower gatorade. I cant imagine drinking fast enough to manage a buzz by the time your shower is over.

I don't think the issue is whether it's good or not, but that goons do get kind of weird about it in a "look how bachelor I am" kind of way. Like the entire bachelor thread in this forum is (was? haven't seen it in a while) about shower beers and/or beer snob posts.

Anyway, I just don't get what people get out of fabricating a conversation to awkwardly show their terrible joke to the internet. Like this from NAW:

quote:

(I’ve been looking in a stack for a recipe that I’ve printed off multiple times in the past month, but keeps getting lost.)

Me: “Ugh, how do we lose so many of these recipes?”

Coworker: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Well, why not? You’re supposed to know. Why else would we keep you?”

Coworker: “Well then, the answer is the square root of laziness times the cosine of disorganization.”

(It was the nerdiest way to say our coworkers were lazy slobs, but it made my day!)

I mean...why? Even if it did happen, the "joke" doesn't even make sense. Why am I reading this? Why did supposedly hearing a couple math words make his day?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Murphy Brownback posted:

Anyway, I just don't get what people get out of fabricating a conversation to awkwardly show their terrible joke to the internet. Like this from NAW:

I mean...why? Even if it did happen, the "joke" doesn't even make sense. Why am I reading this? Why did supposedly hearing a couple math words make his day?

It doesn't even work. For any positive input value for these two numbers, it always works out to much a significantly smaller output than either one of the input values.

Math words makes you smart :downs:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That link is already broken :( Does anyone still have it?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Fathis Munk posted:

That link is already broken :( Does anyone still have it?

:happened:

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Reddit posted:

I was first exposed to the DARE program in 7th grade. I would read a book during our DARE lectures. The first time I did it, we were 15 minutes in and he decided it was time to bring it up and try to humiliate me. He asked, "What are you reading?"
I wished I'd had a more appropriate book, but it was just one of the Sword of Truth series of books, maybe something by Hunter S Thompson. He then demanded, "Have you been listening to anything I've said?"
I replied with, "All of it, just trying to make good use of my time."
Now he's gone from perturbed to angry. "Well, lets have it, what was I talking about?"
Since I had him good and worked up, I decided I would play him a bit. "Verbatim or will a general overview do it?"
Furious now, he orders me to go sit out in the hall. I say, "But I'll miss all the half truths and lies."
Parents got called, Dad came to pick me up, when confronting my Dad about it, his reply to the DARE officer was, "Well, I hope you learned your lesson." Not to me, but to the officer.
I am my father's son.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My lesson was that your kid got in trouble and you had to take off work to come and pick his smug rear end up. You sure showed me!

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Ok so what I just witnessed in Price Chopper on Altamont Ave was disturbing so I need to vent...
As Soph and I were walking thru the store there was a woman using one of the store provided electric wheelchairs. With her was a young boy that couldn't have been more than 8 yrs old. This woman was not handicapped may I add just over weight (I know this because she stood up multiple times while in the store). As we were in the same part of the market I kept hearing this raspy voiced woman yelling at this child so much that Sophia's eyes were glued to her. She repeatedly screamed at this child orders like "get that" "pick that up" always followed by "what are you stupid" "you're just so worthless". As my blood boiled and my heart broke for this kid the last comment she made was "what are you some kind of loving retard". Well that was it for me. I walked over to this beast and said "is there a reason why you have been verbally abusing this child and talking to him like he's an animal"? She replied to me "because he has ADHD and he is slow and being a real rear end in a top hat". That was it for me I went on to tell her all about herself and what a disgusting and disgraceful excuse for a human being she was ( I will admit i was screaming and using choice words in the middle of the market) I told her it was her lucky day because my daughter was with me and told the little boy he was not stupid and that it wasn't right that he was spoke to like that. He looked up at me and said thank you with tears in his eyes. My closing statement to her was "god is going to punish you I promise that". As I walked away shaking and feeling like I was going to have a stroke everyone who was around including employees stood around and clapped for me. One worker named Mike walked over and shook my hand saying I have 2 kids I wanted to say something but I would get fired. I explained to Soph that if she ever saw someone treating someone else like that she needed to speak up and say something. She then told me "Mom Santa is definitely going to put her on the naughty list" followed by "I'm so proud of you and I bet you're that boys hero". I left with tears in my eyes but felt slight relief for doing what I did."

Yeah, first off, this poo poo didn't happen.

All else aside, just because you can stand doesn't mean you're not disabled. This is why when I was overweight, and say, in a lot of pain or recovering from surgery, I wouldn't use the carts anyway, or would be embarrassed to use my walker. It's hard enough being young and disabled, and getting stares for using things like that or using handicapped parking. God forbid being disabled lead to you gaining weight as well, now you're obviously just lazy.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Araenna posted:

All else aside, just because you can stand doesn't mean you're not disabled. This is why when I was overweight, and say, in a lot of pain or recovering from surgery, I wouldn't use the carts anyway, or would be embarrassed to use my walker. It's hard enough being young and disabled, and getting stares for using things like that or using handicapped parking. God forbid being disabled lead to you gaining weight as well, now you're obviously just lazy.

loving hell this. Seriously there are loads of disabling conditions that mean a person can't walk any distance without tons of pain and/or a large risk of a fall/injury, meaning they require a mobility aid. Doesn't mean they can't stand up for a minute or hell, walk for a short distance. Some conditions leave people able to walk one day and in too much pain to walk the next. It's aggravating that people cannot pull their heads out of their assholes and understand this.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Guy I work with had heart surgery. He is a tall, healthy looking 24 year old who drives a sports car with a handicap plate. I'm sure he gets dirty looks for it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Araenna posted:

"Ok so what I just witnessed in Price Chopper on Altamont Ave was disturbing so I need to vent...
As Soph and I were walking thru the store there was a woman using one of the store provided electric wheelchairs. With her was a young boy that couldn't have been more than 8 yrs old. This woman was not handicapped may I add just over weight (I know this because she stood up multiple times while in the store). As we were in the same part of the market I kept hearing this raspy voiced woman yelling at this child so much that Sophia's eyes were glued to her. She repeatedly screamed at this child orders like "get that" "pick that up" always followed by "what are you stupid" "you're just so worthless". As my blood boiled and my heart broke for this kid the last comment she made was "what are you some kind of loving retard". Well that was it for me. I walked over to this beast and said "is there a reason why you have been verbally abusing this child and talking to him like he's an animal"? She replied to me "because he has ADHD and he is slow and being a real rear end in a top hat". That was it for me I went on to tell her all about herself and what a disgusting and disgraceful excuse for a human being she was ( I will admit i was screaming and using choice words in the middle of the market) I told her it was her lucky day because my daughter was with me and told the little boy he was not stupid and that it wasn't right that he was spoke to like that. He looked up at me and said thank you with tears in his eyes. My closing statement to her was "god is going to punish you I promise that". As I walked away shaking and feeling like I was going to have a stroke everyone who was around including employees stood around and clapped for me. One worker named Mike walked over and shook my hand saying I have 2 kids I wanted to say something but I would get fired. I explained to Soph that if she ever saw someone treating someone else like that she needed to speak up and say something. She then told me "Mom Santa is definitely going to put her on the naughty list" followed by "I'm so proud of you and I bet you're that boys hero". I left with tears in my eyes but felt slight relief for doing what I did."

Yeah, first off, this poo poo didn't happen.

It definitely didn't happen (everybody clapped, too easy) but if it did, you'd be wrong for feeling smug anyhow. All she did was guarantee that when the poor kid gets home he's gonna get whooped really hard. Abusive parents are like that, "How dare you make me look stupid in front of all those people?"

If you see abusive parents, don't give them poo poo like that's somehow going to make the kid's life better, its just going to piss them off more, which they then unload into the kid. That's how it works. Call child protective services, god damnit.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I was in Montreal for a school trip in the spring, and one of the places we stopped at was a bilingual dinner and a show. One of the kids on the trip, he's about sixteen, maybe seventeen, decided to be a wise rear end. At any oppertunity during the show, he would shout "TURDS!" at the top of his lungs. I tried to quiet him down, but I gave that up after the first course. He would even shout "TURDS!" while our hosts were speaking. After dinner, on the way out, one of the waiters, not even the one at our table, ran up and shouted "TURDS!" in a French accent, then ran off. It was priceless. The only way it could have been better is if the waiter had shouted at the right kid. He shouted at another guy who had nothing to do with the shouting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Are Tucker Max's stories considered STDH?

• Locked thread