Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Is it just me or is the move that starts the combo that rocks him just Roger straight up punting him in the balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It hits him in the body. The real thing that started it was the checked leg kick.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
why is bibiano not in the ufc?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I can't remember if ONE FC paid him more or if it was a more stable source of income, but it's for financial reasons. He's not worth that much to the UFC which sucks. Bibiano/Takaya 1 is definitely one of the most underrated classic fights.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 5, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

bibiano fernandes posted:

Apart from family, [the UFC would] be a great opportunity for me, but when you put the family in the picture, it's not worth it. I don't fight for me. I have people who rely on me. I've built what I had to build in MMA. It can be many people's dream to fight in the UFC, but it ain't mine. It's all business to me. I've dreamed about being a champion. I earned three belts: one in Canada and two in Japan. If you have a dream, keep dreaming. If you want to fight, keep on trying. But this I'll tell you: worship yourself, otherwise nobody else will. And it's not only on the fighting business, but in everything in life. People use you, use you, use you and them through you away like garbage.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
OneFC offered him more money

e: beaten I guess. It was pretty funny when the UFC announced signing him and then Bibiano held a press conference to say "no"

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
ah that sucks, he could have a ton of great fights

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
another good one was when he tapped Warren in like thirty seconds and ran out of the ring before DREAM could gently caress with the finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1XFWe0DPE

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i remember during that time trying to be a joe warren fan but it just became more and more difficult, but now he just gets punched into oblivion and that's funny so he won me back over

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Bibiano and the UFC verbally agreed to a contract where he'd be start at $15k + $15k, and even had a fight lined up (it might have been for UFC 149). OneFC countered with an offer for $60k + $60k. Fernandes went with the money.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
This is gonna be a long night. First fight in and this girl in yellow has no idea how to jab, like at all. How the hell can you train boxing for like even a week and not know how to throw a jab. Why would you arc your jab like you were throwing a hook? Jesus.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Alexa Grasso owns, adorable and great boxing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Alexa Grasso owns, adorable and great boxing.

Her hand combinations were really really good and she threw some real heaters.

And goddamn she is cute.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yikes, that's a nasty cut. Even if the ref had given her a bit more time to recover I don't think that would have ended well for her.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Why is Peggy Morgan still fighting?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

....and we're back to bad boxing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

....and we're back to bad boxing

Women's featherweight is men's trashweight (women's lightweight is men's super heavyweight)

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Is this the clone fight?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Bluedeanie posted:

Is that the word for this?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah but heavyweights get knocked out in funny ways, neither woman here is throwing a punch with any snap behind it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Yeah but heavyweights get knocked out in funny ways, neither woman here is throwing a punch with any snap behind it.

This is Shivers vs McSweeney

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

This is Shivers vs McSweeney

Now I wanna see Peggy Morgan drape her arms over the top of the cage and take a rest.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

This announcing team is my worst nightmare.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here are the GIFs of the actual cool stuff that's happened so far

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This card was going at a pretty nice pace and then that just sucked the life right out of it.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Better job security than being an English professor

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

Here are the GIFs of the actual cool stuff that's happened so far

That kani basami was loving swank

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

That kani basami was loving swank

So that sweep DOES have a name, yay

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

why the gently caress is invicta asking chick diaz about the ufc uniform deal

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

aha Roxanne is gonna get lit up by Andrea Lee.
Also yeah the uniform question to Leslie Smith was kinda weird but it was nice that she didn't just give a canned response. Also I'm glad her ear is doing good :unsmith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That takedown :stare:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's too bad Maia can't throw a head kick or uppercuts because Bennett has been ducking to her right side every time she's in an exchange.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

That takedown :stare:

This one?

(If not, lemme know the rough time in the round and I'll see what I can do)

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Close fight, but I think Maia won

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yeah that was interesting, it's pretty similar to a seoi nage but maybe not quite the same.

Not sure who to give that one too, maybe slight edge to Maia but it's tough to call.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

This one?

(If not, lemme know the rough time in the round and I'll see what I can do)

Yep, thanks.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ahahahahaha Bennett pushed the interviewer out of the frame.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Is that Greg Jackson in Roxy's corner?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh poo poo I remember KGB Lee. Roxy is gonna die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Roxy's feet are filthy