Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Multiple awards, and they don't even bother to mention the other nominees. What the gently caress's the point of an awards show that sidelines the awards? (trailers and steam sale commercials)

The only thing I can say in his defense, is that that's been the mantra for doing an award show for Geoff for over a decade now, so devs should know by now what they're getting into when they agree to come to these things. The awards are secondary or even lower to the premiers, music acts and face-time for any popular personalities that show up, be they developer or celebrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol the sony live events app only had this shitfest going until 11 so it just cut off

probably for the best

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Is this music? Please help

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's 3d starbound at best - in all the good and bad ways.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Motto posted:

this game about randomly colored planets is going to get old so fast
Yeah, that's the reality of what playing that game is going to be like. But it gets people hyped because they all kinds of unrealistic expectations of it that are literally impossible for any game to fulfill, and it lives entirely on that hype and actively invites and encourages those expectations to grow way out of whack. It's kind of like Star Citizen in that, or most of Peter Molyneux's projects over the years.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Overbite posted:

The crazy amount of hype no mans sky is getting will only lead to disappointment. There's no way they can live up to it and the only way they can live up to their goals is if they never actually say what it is you do in the game so good job devs.

people did not learn a drat thing from Spore

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

as many planets as borderlands has guns

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The only thing I can say in his defense, is that that's been the mantra for doing an award show for Geoff for over a decade now, so devs should know by now what they're getting into when they agree to come to these things. The awards are secondary or even lower to the premiers, music acts and face-time for any popular personalities that show up, be they developer or celebrity.
Isn't that what Geoff was trying to avoid when he made these awards?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

people did not learn a drat thing from Spore
it's spore for a new generation

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So what Nintendo game are they announcing later. Geoff couldn't keep his excitement hidden enough. Mario Kart DLC?

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
No Many's Sky is basically a screensaver.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

abagofcheetos posted:

lol the sony live events app only had this shitfest going until 11 so it just cut off

probably for the best

The IGN app is playing it too, just started watching it there. Still don't know why.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Overbite posted:

The crazy amount of hype no mans sky is getting will only lead to disappointment. There's no way they can live up to it and the only way they can live up to their goals is if they never actually say what it is you do in the game so good job devs.

I'm fully expecting something like boring missions like collect all these ~procedurally generated~ plants, shoot these ~procedurally generated~ animals, go to next colored planet, repeat.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sober posted:

it's spore for a new generation

Made by a smaller, less established team.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I mean, I don't know what No Man's Sky is supposed to be for gameplay but yeah it'll be pretty to explore around.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Acquilae posted:

Isn't that what Geoff was trying to avoid when he made these awards?
I think what he was trying to avoid in making these awards is "being out of a job."

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Christ no mans sky looks way to good, something has to give. There's no way it can be that good.

what looks good about it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'd probably play Forza Horizon if it wasn't stuck on Xbox :/

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Organs posted:

what looks good about it

It looks pretty and it'll probably be awesome when you're on :catdrugs:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This Forza commercial is really good, although it doesn't make me want to play the game. Just acknowledge it's cool

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Why did we just get a world premiere for a game that's already out?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Organs posted:

what looks good about it

best walking sim I've seen yet

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh God did that just say King's Quest?!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

King's Quest??? Like, THE King's Quest?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo are they announcing a localization for Godzilla PS3 here?! Well, poo poo. That's unexpected.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Aw sick the godzilla fighting game owns

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Oh poo poo Godzilla :getin:

bondster
May 6, 2007

What up Big G

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I would like to do some exploration and light resource gathering in No Man's Sky, and that's about it.

I think it will leave me satisfied.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I'll be happy if No Man's Sky is just Noctis for Better Operating Systems than DOS.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This looks cool.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Be the OG??? What the gently caress. Looks neat tho

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Saw Kings Quest and choked on my dinner screaming KING GRAHM?! in that loving owls voice.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Haha, that Godzilla game looks sweet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fellatio del Toro posted:

as many planets as borderlands has guns

So like 2 or 3 really interesting ones and a whole bunch of boring rear end poo poo.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
"Oh. Wii U even."

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh snap the Godzilla game is coming here on PS4

Thats a loving World Premiere

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm irrationally pumped for that Godzilla game. I can't wait.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh wow, there is a PS4 version. I didn't know that.

If you have a Japanese PSN account, you can download the PS3 demo of Godzilla right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

geoff busting reggie's balls here

• Locked thread