Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Wahey, a thing came in the post:

The message says this was number one of two so I will keep a look out for the other one. Thanks Santa goon!

Edit: friends don't let friends phone-post.

Sadsack fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Whoa, massive picture!

I've just ordered my Lightning Round 2 gift, my giftee should already have an email letting them know they've got something!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Well, I know that I would like to receive a tracking number for whatever my santee decides to send to me, but my conditions are a bit unusual.

I live in Colombia, but since I would rather not subject ANYBODY to international shipping (for it is a frightening limbo), I also provided a US address for a parcel delivery system I use all the time. If they did send it there, having such a number helps track stuff down.

Especially during this season, since, well, a TON of people order stuff online and have it brought over via such services.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Gift has been sent and it should reach its recipient by Christmas.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Kellsterik posted:

Thank you, Santa! It's just what I wanted, and both of these are definitely going to see a lot of use in the next few weeks.

I'm glad both finally got to you. I was worried about the Blood Wars since you said you weren't big on card games, but I figured it would be good for gaming inspiration at the least, and I remembered it being fun back in the day anyway. I'm happy you like them both!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kerzoro posted:

Well, I know that I would like to receive a tracking number for whatever my santee decides to send to me, but my conditions are a bit unusual.

I live in Colombia, but since I would rather not subject ANYBODY to international shipping (for it is a frightening limbo), I also provided a US address for a parcel delivery system I use all the time. If they did send it there, having such a number helps track stuff down.

Especially during this season, since, well, a TON of people order stuff online and have it brought over via such services.
Surely Colombia can't be that bad.
Australia here, and I'm not expecting to see anything arrive until the end of the month. I'm also on the less population-dense half of the country so even after parcels make it to Aus, they generally take another week to get across the country thanks to our wonderfully efficient postal service :v:

It takes forever for stuff to get to us in the future :rolleyes:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

occamsnailfile posted:

Oh hey something came in the mail!

Thanks santa! I'd always meant to read Hawking and Resistance will be great for my game night on Saturday!

Did you find the second package? Tracking says it arrived yesterday, but I didn't see a post. I hope malicious gnomes did not make off with it. Grr malicious gnomes (I'm glad you liked the first half!)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, my present has been sent out! hope my santee likes it, should know in a few days :)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mine package to mine santee is showing delivered. Please confirm!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
This just popped up in my email:

Thanks, Santa! I've been interested in Iron Kingdoms for a bit, but the PDF always seemed too expensive to me. I'm excited to check it out!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I got an unexpected parcel in the mail today. The package itself was fairly beat up, but look what I found inside!

Awesome! Houses looks like an interesting game and I don't think I have any Wick books, so I'm definitely going to be sitting down to check it out in depth once this semester finishes wrapping up. Thanks, Benedict!

As far as things go on my end, the last part of my Santee's gift should be arriving tomorrow. Then I can finish adding all the personal touches over the weekend and send everything out early next week.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Presents from the internet! :dance:
_MG_3096.jpg by Photografaffer, on Flickr

:black101: Chaos in the Old World and the Flashpoint 2nd Story Expansion! I can't wait to try these out! My friends and I are big Flash Point fans and I really wanted to try out CitOW after reading so much about it in the board game thread. :D

Also Cat Fortress Deluxe!

_MG_3091.jpg by Photografaffer, on Flickr
_MG_3089.jpg by Photografaffer, on Flickr
_MG_3093.jpg by Photografaffer, on Flickr

Thanks Santa :3:

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 6, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
My packages have arrived! They're at my parents' house, so I can't open them yet, but thanks for whatever's inside them mystery goon!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I feel like in the future I'll have to include cat toys just given the sheer number of goons with cats.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

I got an unexpected parcel in the mail today. The package itself was fairly beat up, but look what I found inside!

Awesome! Houses looks like an interesting game and I don't think I have any Wick books, so I'm definitely going to be sitting down to check it out in depth once this semester finishes wrapping up. Thanks, Benedict!

As far as things go on my end, the last part of my Santee's gift should be arriving tomorrow. Then I can finish adding all the personal touches over the weekend and send everything out early next week.

I didn't realize there were other people on SA besides me that like Wick's stuff. Color me pleasantly surprised. I've been harboring thoughts of running some of his games, and now I know there's a potential pool of players. I'll have to remember this.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
2nd round gift awaaaaaaaay!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Another unexpected package!

Thanks Santa :toot:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If I do an off-season gift exchange like I did a couple years back, "HAVE CAT: Y/N" is gonna be part of the signup process

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

NTRabbit posted:

I hope that stuff is okay - I tried to get matching sets for both armies but the Dindrenzi one sold out just after I ordered. Pretend I know that this will make for some interesting match-ups or something :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

IrvingWashington posted:

I hope that stuff is okay - I tried to get matching sets for both armies but the Dindrenzi one sold out just after I ordered. Pretend I know that this will make for some interesting match-ups or something :3:

Well the 2 player starter I have, aside from 1 battleship and 3 cruisers each, has 4 Frigates and lots of fighters for the Terrans and 3 more powerful frigates and few fighters for the Dindrenzi, so these just keep up the underdog little ships storyline :v: Thanks again!

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 6, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hm. Troubling news. I am informed by Amazon that the second part of Bucnasti's gift has supposedly been delivered, but he has not been by to report its arrival. On the plus side, it was just a little thing, a bonus gift atop the Mutant City Blues that comprises the actual gift, but it was really cool and I really hope it got there alright. :ohdearsass:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

NTRabbit posted:

There is something wrong with your cat. It seems to have de-evolved or something.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Grey Hunter posted:

There is something wrong with your cat. It seems to have de-evolved or something.

He is a noble and regal dog :colbert:

He also likes to play with cats, and lets them lick him on the nose :3:

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
SIGNING UP FOR LIGHTNING ROUND

Your Gift Preferences.

So I have actually had super good experience with not running a wishlist for TGSS. Heres my BGG Collection http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/xBenedictx. If you really want a wish list, here is my massive one http://amzn.com/w/53ILHN85V2JT. I like to be surprised though. My BGG list is being updated from last year ill edit this post when its done. Please try and keep it to games and game related goods please. *edit* it never even occurred to me to ask in here, but i do gunpla as well as a hobby. My top wants are the Pegasus Nautilus model kit, build burning gundam, sd bb395 nidaime, powered gm cardigan, grimoire, exia amazing, renasciata, bearguy f, and kshatriya. *edit*

Your General Location.

Tempe, AZ

I Solemnly Vow that I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 6, 2014

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

GIFT RECEIVED

Santee, Leper,

I HAVE RECEIVED MY GIFT.

And

This is an amazing game and I am very lucky indeed to have received it. You rock Santee!

*edit* sorry about being a bit late on these, gift arrived a couple days ago, but i have a newborn and hes a lil time magnet. *edit*

Benedict fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 6, 2014

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

You're very welcome. I'm not the hugest fan of the style the books written in, but its a super solid game and has some interesting story.

Also, Aural, you said the package was beat up, was the book undamaged? I got a used copy to sneak in under the budget and had it sent to me, examined it, then repacked and sent. Didnt expect them to chew the box up. Hopefully the bubble wrap helped? If it was damaged at all let me know and ill make it right.

Benedict fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 6, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Hey, what did my parents drop off this morning?

A copy of Feng Shui and some cool yellow dice!
(Cat already present in home.)

Thanks mystery goon!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Benedict posted:

Also, Aural, you said the package was beat up, was the book undamaged?
Yeah, the book is completely fine; it seemed to be just the packaging that got manhandled in the mail. Thanks again for the wonderful gift!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Things are chugging along nicely. I've responded to all emails, and the spreadsheet is filling up with lots of "received" status notes. Awesome!

The following goons have not posted to say that they've bought or shipped anything, and also their Santees haven't received anything. Please don't panic, I'm not calling you out: this is a bookkeeping auditing exercise more than anything. If your name is on this list and you have sent something, please post or PM me or email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com.

If you haven't gotten something out yet, it's OK! It's only December 6th. If you're shipping domestically, you have probably another week or so before you'd have to start thinking about a more expensive shipping option. If you're shipping internationally, you should probably get something going before the end of next week.
Main round:
aldantefax
AnAnonymousIdiot (x2)
Froghammer
Mr. Maltose
Mystic Mongol
Niemat
Old Doggy Bastard
Reene
Rhjamiz (x1?)
Sathzur
signalnoise
Sion

Round 1:

none

Round 2:
Spincut
occamsnailfile

Again, not calling you guys out in any way, I'm just checking to make sure my records are correct. Thanks!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

EclecticTastes posted:

Hm. Troubling news. I am informed by Amazon that the second part of Bucnasti's gift has supposedly been delivered, but he has not been by to report its arrival. On the plus side, it was just a little thing, a bonus gift atop the Mutant City Blues that comprises the actual gift, but it was really cool and I really hope it got there alright. :ohdearsass:

It was in the mailbox.

This is a great combo with Mutant City Blues.

Track List:
1. Theme from NYPD Blue
2. One Five Open for Business
3. The Blue Line
4. A Rough Wolf
5. A Song for Rudy
6. #9 has the Heart of a Lion
7. Law & Order
8. Silk Stockings
9. Theme from Renegade
10. Cop Files

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

YEEEESSSSS. Bit of mood music to go with the game, enjoy! :doink:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Spincut posted:

This just popped up in my email:

Thanks, Santa! I've been interested in Iron Kingdoms for a bit, but the PDF always seemed too expensive to me. I'm excited to check it out!

Awesome, glad you are looking forward to checking it out! I know you have a ton of PDFs already but this is a good start to an Iron Kingdoms folder :) I'd like to check it out myself but have enough on my plate, games-wise!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Presents from the internet!

Thanks Santa :3:

Uh Oh, another (mysterious, unknown) Santa is about to bring you a 2nd, 2nd copy!

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

thegodofchuck posted:

Did you find the second package? Tracking says it arrived yesterday, but I didn't see a post. I hope malicious gnomes did not make off with it. Grr malicious gnomes (I'm glad you liked the first half!)

I got a second package today! It had Pairs in it! Was this you? (stupid apartment office closes early)

Also I have ordered a gift for Lightning Round 2 which gave me a Dec 24th estimated delivery date no matter what shipping option I chose, but I am hoping that is Amazon covering their bets. Also also remailed gift for santee one.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

My gift has been delivered, according to the USPS. Check your mail, Santee!

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I have received a gift of some type! I am debating whether to open it now or wait like a good person.

Hell, I'll probably open it tomorrow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

K Prime posted:

Mine package to mine santee is showing delivered. Please confirm!

tweekinator posted:

My gift has been delivered, according to the USPS. Check your mail, Santee!

You... you guys do understand how secret santa works, right?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Leperflesh posted:

You... you guys do understand how secret santa works, right?

I think you just answered your own question.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

PuttyKnife posted:

Uh Oh, another (mysterious, unknown) Santa is about to bring you a 2nd, 2nd copy!

Got them in today! I didn't have time to take a picture before I went into work though. It was a 2nd, 2nd story and the Flash Point: Dangerous Waters expansion! :3: Can't wait to break these in and watch the poor, poor people die in fires. :supaburn: Thanks unknown Santa!

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
By the way thank you to the amazing goon who bought me that trebuchet it's fantastic and will make an awesome display.

• Locked thread