Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NewJack420 posted:

What's up people, NewJack420 back from South Carolina and bringing you the write ups for the best wrestling promotion on the planet. Barb Wire City hit it out of the park, so awesome to see this show back in the Hammerstein! We started with Shigeki Sato's music started up... but Terry Funk came out instead? "Cut this poo poo! Cut their music! I got somethin' to say!" He climbed up into the ring.

"I just wanna get this out of the way. I respect Shane Douglas and I know he respects me. But Shane, there's something you have to know. When I came to this place in the beginning, you and everyone else here were nothing. It took years, but I built it up. Nobody cared who Tommy Cairo or whoever was, they cared about people like me. You said you were a champion in the tradition of me, Shane? You weren't fit to clean my drat shoes in 1994 and you're barely fit to do that today. Without me, you're gonna go back to being nothing.

"That's why I am going to win that title and take it out of this company. Maybe I'll take it to another little wrestling organization and make that in my image, too. But you need to know this: I may be 53 years old, and I may not be able to do what I did in 1993, but you're in for one hell of a fight tonight Shane. Carry on with your show." He threw the mic down and headed back up the ramp.

So the opener was the Shigeki Sato, representing WWF (with Jimmy Hart yelling on his megaphone as always), against MEN'S Teioh, representing M-Pro. The two Japanese junior heavyweights started with a lock-up, the heavier Sato taking advantage and shoving Teioh to the ground. Teioh got to the outside to recover, but Sato wouldn't give him the opportunity as he hit him with a fantastic suicide dive and they both crashed into the guardrail!

They both got up quickly, Teioh now taking the advantage with an inverted atomic drop on the concrete! He whipped Sato across the outside and tried to follow up with a running splash, but Sato just moved and Teioh ate the guardrail. Sato threw Teioh back into the ring... and followed up with the double underhook facebuster! 1, 2, no! Teioh kicked out! Teioh kicked Sato, made it to his feet, and followed up with more kicks. He punished Sato by getting him in a double underhook of his own, but kept the hold to try for a submission! Sato made it to the ropes, forcing the break.

They brawled some more, Sato taking advantage by whipping Teioh into the ropes, then landing a tornado DDT! Sato pulled Teioh up, landing a powerbomb. He went to the top rope to go for the diving senton... and it connected! 1, 2, 3, Shigeki Sato wins the international exhibition.

Match was okay, but suffered from us not really knowing who they were. Kind of dragged the whole PPV down in hindsight.

---

Joey Styles was backstage in front of the big ECW sign. "Joey Styles here with the man who will take on the Olympic Hero Kurt Angle later tonight, Ken Shamrock and the Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart. Kurt Angle has been on a tear since losing his title match to Shane Douglas last month, but Ken Shamrock has also proved unbeatable since his first appearance in ECW. Jimmy Hart, what makes you think your client can beat a man who's not just a great wrestler, but one with a gold medal in wrestling?"

Jimmy laughed. "You folks are looking at a machine! Ken Shamrock is an example of the ultimate fighter, a man who can take on any comer and bring it to them in their own style. Kurt Angle, there's nothing you can do that Ken here can't do right back! You think you can take on a man this strong, this athletic? You can't!"

"Now, I get paid the big bucks to find the weaknesses my charges can exploit. You wanna know Kurt Angle's biggest problem? He's overconfident! But you know what it says in the Good Book, pride goeth before the fall. Ken here's gonna rock that smug Angle just like Ali and Foreman, Kid and Razor, Rocky and Thunderlips. He's gonna give Angle no choice but to tell everyone 'I Quit!' Just because you got them gold medals don't mean you got the skills to take down a man like Ken Shamrock."

---

Time for Brian Lee vs. New Jack! Brian Lee came out first. The guys up in the front row were getting all their poo poo ready. I saw frying pans, pie tins, turkey cookers, everything you needed for a good hardcore match. Some guy had a loving car door over by the corner. And then Natural Born Killaz started up and here comes New Jack down the aisle! Must be his own fan, because he had got his trash can with him! He was wearing the TV title belt over his shoulder, which he refused to hand over to the ref.

The bell rang and New Jack took a swing at Lee with the title belt! It whiffed and the ref managed to grab it away from New Jack. They brawled their way to the ropes, Lee flipping New Jack over the top rope with a clothesline. But you don't want to do that! A fan handed New Jack a little toaster with a long cord and he swung it like a mace. Lee was yelling at him from the ring, not willing to go down there. The power cord eventually broke and the toaster flew into the concrete.

They proceeded to spend the next few minutes beating each other over the head with unconventional weapons. Frying pans, glass bottles, dollar store toys, all kinds of poo poo. It was your typical garbage match until New Jack got a Nintendo broken over his head. Lee whipped him into the guardrail, over by the guy with the car door. Lee set the door on the ground and tried to DDT New Jack onto it... but New Jack reversed it into a vertical suplex, breaking the window! Holy poo poo!

Brian Lee hit his head on the door frame and he's down! He's down and out! New Jack spotted a set of metal stairs over by the rigging equipment and set them down by the stack of tables helpfully already set up in front of a balcony. New Jack hefted the three hundred pound Brian Lee over his back and quickly deposited him on top of the two tables before his back gave out. Lee's still not moving! New Jack ran over and climbed up the maintenance ladder to the balcony, gotta be 20 or 25 feet high.

Holy poo poo, he's not going to jump off that is he!? He grabbed a folding chair from security up on the balcony... but Brian Lee started to stir, he's taken too long setting this up! New Jack didn't care. He stuck the chair under his arm, stood on the rail... and leaped!

The tables exploded, New Jack's in a heap surrounded by debris... but Brian Lee rolled off and fell to the concrete before New Jack landed! The referee starts the ten-count. 1! 2! 3! Lee made it to one knee, New Jack's out. 4! 5! 6! Lee gets a hand to a railing. 7! 8! Brian Lee's knees buckled... 9! He's up! Lee's up! New Jack's just beginning to wake up! Brian Lee dragged New Jack toward the ring, stumbling the whole way. He threw New Jack into the ring and covered him, 1, 2, 3.

This match owned balls, that New Jack leap was crazy sick!

---

After that was-- no, wait, the lights went out after they left. All the lights except for a single spotlight pointed at the top of the entrance ramp. And then Careless Whisper started playing over the PA? This super hot blonde woman barely wearing anything came down the ramp, but I've never seen her before. The guy next to me's jaw was agape as he just said "It's... It's..."

"Some of you might know me," she said as she reached the ring. It's AVN's 1996 Best New Starlet Jenna Jameson! The crowd was going nuts like I've never seen before. "And I've got a very special surprise for you all." She was dancing to Careless Whisper, using one of the turnbuckles! "Next week, I want you all to meet one of my very, veeeery good friends. His Money Shot... and his Big Package... are going to make him just as popular in the ring as he is on camera. We're putting the Hardcore in Hardcore TV. If I were you, I wouldn't miss it." She climbed out of the ring and back up the ramp as the song ended.

---

Next up we had Tommy Dreamer taking on Al Snow!

The demented Al Snow made his entrance, slowly walking to the ring dead-eyed carrying Head above him with no music playing, it was pretty creepy. He was followed by Tommy Dreamer carrying the Sandman's cane with him as he ran at the ring, drawing first blood by viciously caning Al Snow. Head ended up on the ground, which only enraged him! The caning just seemed to make him stronger! Al Snow kicked Tommy mid-swing, making him drop the cane, and gave him a snap DDT.

Now Al Snow had the Singapore cane, and he beat Tommy mercilessly with it. But Tommy wasn't a slouch either, and he fought through the pain to give Al Snow a DDT of his own to the crowd's delight! He went for the cover, but Al threw him off. They went into some chain wrestling, Al working Tommy's shoulders so he couldn't get him up for the Death Valley Driver. Dreamer eventually got out of it and went to the outside.

Al Snow climbed out of the ring and charged right at Dreamer, but he ran right into a thrown chair and went down! Tommy yelled as he picked up Al Snow... and gave him a fallaway slam onto the concrete, that seemed to take a lot out of him! He tried to get him up for a Death Valley Driver, but Al Snow managed to get down and push Dreamer into the guardrail, then give him a sick clothesline into the guardrail!

Tommy Dreamer was out of it, and Al Snow continued to take advantage outside, by throwing him into the steps, throwing him into the guardrail, just brutalizing him. Snow then threw him back into the ring and went for the pin, but Dreamer had just enough to kick out at 2.

The crowd was fully behind Dreamer as always, but he just couldn't get much of anything in against Snow. Al Snow raised Head up above his head and got a rousing chorus of boos. Once again, Tommy Dreamer got up and took advantage of Al Snow's obsession with Head and gave him a shoulder tackle from behind! He quickly got Al Snow up for the Death Valley Driver... and landed it! But will it be enough? 1... 2... NO! 2.9! Tommy Dreamer can't believe it! He stood up, reared back... and punted Head out of the ring! The crowd went "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" for like, a whole minute.

Al Snow became a man possessed after seeing what Tommy did to his Head! He pounded Tommy with vicious strikes, whipped him across the ring and nailed him with a spinebuster, it was murder! Dreamer just couldn't keep up with Al Snow's offense! He gave a mighty yell and hefted Dreamer up for the Snow Plow brainbuster, landing it with a crash! Then, with the crowd going crazy, he landed the brainbuster again! 1, 2, 3, someone call an ambulance!

I thought it was a good match. I guess you don't mess with Head!

Al Snow just kept attacking Dreamer even after the bell! He kicked Tommy's back and got him into the Dragon Sleeper! Tommy Dreamer was screaming! But here comes his partner, Billy Kidman! He dropkicked Al Snow right off of Tommy Dreamer, then landed a spectacular standing shooting star press! While Al was down, he revived Dreamer and helped him out of the ring and up the ramp. Al Snow chased them up the ramp like a madman, and the match was over.

---

And now the grudge match of the century: Kurt Angle against Ken Shamrock! Shamrock came out first in his trunks with Jimmy Hart dressed up like a cornerman. Then it was Kurt Angle, who came out alone. The crowd was singing along to Born in the USA, "AAAAN-GLE YOU loving SUCK!" and he was soaking it in, doing his little dance where he spins in the middle of the ring.

The referee announced the rules of the match as agreed to by both competitors: The match can only end by submission or referee stoppage. Throwing your opponent over the ropes is a disqualification. A 5-count will be enforced if a contender leaves the ring.

They circled each other in the ring, neither one taking the first blow. It was a long feeling out process. Angle moved in first, but the quicker Shamrock was able to avoid him and got a waistlock on him. Shamrock surprisingly lifted Angle and slammed him to the ground, maintaining control by getting Angle into a headlock, which Angle reversed into a hammerlock of his own. Shamrock used his free arm to start punching Angle, for which Angle tossed him across the ring!

Shamrock scrambled to his feet, quickly avoiding a tackle from Angle. He got hold of Angle and landed a belly-to-back suplex on him! Shamrock maintained control, moving to try to lock Angle into an armbreaker! Angle got a headscissors on Shamrock, and kept him from locking it in. Angle then got into a dominant position on Shamrock, keeping him down on the mat. Shamrock was able to get out of it, but Kurt was starting to wear him down.

Angle got off and took Shamrock to the corner, rolling outside. The referee started the 5 count. He wrapped Shamrock's leg around the ring post and tossed it around the corner! Shamrock yelled! He ran back inside before the 5 count. The referee told him off, but couldn't do anything because technically he was following the rules! Jimmy Hart was giving the ref the business for letting Angle do that, but stopped once he realized he was distracting the ref, who was telling off Angle from trying it again.

Angle picked Shamrock up and gave him a release German suplex across the ring! He's just throwing Shamrock around. He tried to pick the ankle, but Shamrock was able to kick him into the ropes. Shamrock got up again, catching Angle and delivering a belly-to-belly suplex! He quickly moved to try to get Angle into the armbreaker again! They struggled, but he wasn't able to get it locked in before Angle was able to start choking him with his legs once more and he had to let it go.

Angle continued working on Shamrock's legs with holds to make the ankle lock more effective, Shamrock working on Angle's arm to reduce the ankle lock's effectiveness. The two of them were huffing, being worn the hell down by their submission holds. Shamrock, frustrated that Angle just won't give up, and he just can't get into position conventionally, went to whip him across the ring for one more belly-to-belly... but Angle reversed it and landed a powerful Angle Slam, leaving Shamrock down in the middle of the ring! Angle picked the ankle! They struggled, Shamrock trying to kick Angle off, but the damage done to his legs over the course of the match didn't let him.

Angle's got it! He had the ankle lock locked in! Angle had him in the middle of the ring! Shamrock clawed his way toward the ropes, refusing to submit! He almost made it, his finger touching the rope... but Angle pulled him back to the middle! Shamrock still refused to give up, though, and started slowly crawling his way back to the ropes again. Angle wouldn't have it though! He pulled Shamrock back again and grapevined the leg, putting all his weight into tweaking that ankle! Unable to drag Angle's full weight across the ring, Shamrock had no choice but to tap out before his career was ruined. The ref had to physically pull Angle off of Shamrock! Kurt Angle beats Ken Shamrock by submission with the ankle lock.

Kurt Angle was jubilant after his victory, at least as jubilant as he could be after sustaining all that punishment. "Ken Shamrock, you're a worthy opponent! And I know you did your best, but I guess it's just drat true that there's nobody that can take on a man like me. None of your skills are worth what it took for me to win this here! And I got my win with the integrity that I stand for." He held up the gold medal he received from the referee. Integrity? He won because he pushed the rules to the drat limit!

"I know you gotta go back up north now, but, still, everyone should know how good of a fighter you are. You're a little old for the Olympics, I know, but maybe you can try to get, what's it called, UFC? You can get them to start giving out medals, too. Nice try." Angle limped backstage.

---

Then we got a short video hyping up Terry Funk and Shane Douglas. Highlights of Funk's ECW career, highlights of Shane Douglas' career. Once again, they used clips of Shane Douglas invoking Funk's name in 1994 and throwing down the NWA title. "ECW launched the revolution of extreme with the help of both Shane Douglas and Terry Funk. But that was years ago. Is it time for Funk to step aside for good? Or will Shane Douglas fall before the might of the legendary spinning toe hold or moonsault? Find out tonight."

It's time for the main event, the Texas Death Match, Title vs. ECW career! To win, you had to pin your opponent AND have them unable to beat a 10 count after the pinfall. Terry Funk made his way into the ring. The fans are supposed to hate him, but they couldn't help but cheer him because they're probably never gonna see him again. Then Perfect Strangers hit and here comes Shane Douglas! He's ready for a war. He gives the title belt to the referee and off we go.

They started off with a lock-up and went into working hammerlocks and other basic holds. Shane started off well, but the experienced Funk got the advantage and was working Shane's arm good. Shane got away before too long but Funk hit him right away with an inverted atomic drop followed by a clothesline. He went for the pin, but Shane kicked out at 1. The Funker laughed and taunted Douglas ("You ain't poo poo!") but that just gave him time to recover. Funk's delay before going for the spinning toe hold let Douglas kick him away before he could get into position.

The match then turned into a brawl, with Funk's strikes seeming to have more of an effect than Douglas'. Funk backed him into the ropes and sent him over with a clothesline, but Douglas caught him with his leg and Funk went crashing to the ground too! Douglas recovered first and sent Funk flying into the steel steps! Douglas grabbed a steel chair from ringside and pounded Funk's back with it. He went for another swing but Funk moved! The swing was so hard the chair bounced off the turnbuckle and hit Shane right in the head, knocking him down.

Now Funk had the advantage again. He grabbed the chair and started beating Shane with it! Funk grabbed Shane's leg, putting it up on the guardrail and gave his knee a few shots from the chair! Then he picked Shane up and threw him back into the ring, where he got up limping. Terry Funk climbed into the ring, but Shane managed to hit him with a forearm, grabbed him and fell on his rear end for one of the worst DDTs I've ever seen. Shane could barely stand, let alone land the Pittsburgh Plunge!

Funk rolled out of the ring, grabbing a table which he put into the ring. Shane was still down. Funk set the table up on one end in the corner opposite Shane. The Funker stood Shane up, trying to whip him into the table across the ring but Shane stumbled and fell before he got there. Terry Funk taunted him once again ("Can't even stand up long enough for me to beat you, huh Shane?") and went for the pin. 1, 2, 3! The referee got to the count of 6 before Shane was able to get back to his feet using the ropes.

Terry Funk pointed and laughed at Shane ("Just stay down you loving idiot!") but Douglas managed to catch him off guard with forearms. Even if he could barely stand, he was tough enough to fight through it! He gave Funk a scoop slam, then collapsed to a knee. Funk got up and tried to whip him into the corner with the table once again... but Shane reversed it and sent Funk into the table! The table split in half and Funk was down in the corner. Shane picked the lighter Funk up with a mighty yell and gorilla pressed him onto the mat! He got down on top of Funk and got the pin.

Douglas scrambled to a rope to stand up and the referee started the count. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... Funk got up, but it looked like there truly was a limit to what a 53-year-old guy can take, even Terry Funk, because he was wearing down, too. Douglas took advantage of this by shoving the stunned Funk's head between his legs... and got him up for a piledriver! Another pin and an 8 count this time. What's it going to take?

Funk was down on the ground, Shane barely on his feet above him. Funk kicked Douglas and he fell to the ground. Funk got up just enough to get Shane into the spinning toe hold! He can't win like that, but what does it matter? Funk spun it... and spun it forever! But he was getting weak enough that Shane's flailing made him slip, and Shane kicked him off into the ropes, but couldn't capitalize on it. Funk went to the top rope, turning backwards for his powerful moonsault! He posed there for a minute, doing the Randy Savage finger point. Funk leaped... but Shane just managed to get his knees up! Oh my God!

Shane slowly stood up while Funk was doubled over. He got Funk into the abdominal stretch, working the injured ribs, then tossed him backwards for some kind of ugly slam. Douglas used the last of his strength to lift Funk up vertically. He said something to Funk I couldn't make out, and he slammmed him to the ground with a vicious Pittsburgh Plunge! Douglas's legs finally gave out and he fell to the ground on top of Funk, getting the pinfall. He rolled off and got to his knees with the help of the ropes. The referee counted... 7, 8, 9, 10! That's it! Funk's ECW career is over!

This match was the best thing I've seen from ECW all year! The action was good and the crowd was into it more than anything else. If Prograps doesn't give that at least a B-, I'm going to be so pissed.

Terry Funk was going out on his back like a true veteran. That match was everything we expected and they completely burned the house down. There was applause, cheers, E-C-DUB chants, Thank You Terry and Please Don't Go chants for what seemed like forever. After a few minutes, Shane Douglas, who could barely stand, still helped Terry Funk to his feet and gave his longtime rival a respectful handshake and a hug that only made the crowd louder, for what is surely the 53-year-old Funk's last appearance in ECW.

I really want to say that this show was the best thing ECW has ever done, but being honest that opening match kind of dragged the show down. Still with that said, show was an amazing (E-)C+(DUB). Now then I'm going to catch some shut eye, going to that WWF PPV tomorrow. Wouldn't normally but I ain't missing the chance to see ECW dudes tear the house down, laters!

Also these are here for Happy to put in the OP.

WWF PPV's
IYH 15: DEADLY GAMES

WCW PPV's
SPRING STAMPEDE '97
SLAMBOREE

ECW PPV's
HARDCORE RISING
BARB WIRE CITY

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

That was an awesome Pay Per View guys. Really fantastic stuff. Your match write ups are great, I wish I was half as good at coming up with spots and psychology as you guys. I'm pretty good at promos and constructing storylines, but matches are a real struggle for me (especially since we have to do twice as many :qq:).

Can't wait to see where ECW goes next since this show ended pretty much all your storylines. Snow v Douglas seems to be on the horizon, but who knows? Hopefully WCW's continued build to Great American Bash can keep up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Hey Happy, I'm going to have to drop out of this game, can you take me off team ECW? THanks!

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

triplexpac posted:

Hey Happy, I'm going to have to drop out of this game, can you take me off team ECW? THanks!

Done, it was good to have you.

Nitro, Raw and Hardcore TV run at around this time tomorrow. Also, a position just opened up in ECW.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 30, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Since Abrasive Obelisk left, I'm basically the main guy writing up matches here in WWF, so if anyone is interested in joining who's especially interested in that side of things, please don't hesitate to join up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happyman posted:

Done, it was good to have you.

Nitro, Raw and Hardcore TV run at around this time tomorrow. Also, a position just opened up in ECW.

Yes, thanks for everything Trips :)

For anyone who's thinking of joining the team: We've got a good grasp on things right now but another voice is always welcome, especially if you've got the chops to write a match or two in some free time. Like Sang said, pretty much every storyline just closed off, so it's a fresh start!

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Shows start running in an hour. I'm assuming that WWF will have some incidents so anyone from the WWF available, come to the IRC/google doc in an hour and a half or so.

Done! IYH16 must be posted by Thursday. The following week of TV must be posted by December 9th. Both WWF and WCW have some big contract situations taking place, so all hands on deck.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 2, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

:siren: You heard the man! Team WCW Assemble! :siren:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I Before E posted:

Since Abrasive Obelisk left, I'm basically the main guy writing up matches here in WWF, so if anyone is interested in joining who's especially interested in that side of things, please don't hesitate to join up.

If I join, will you push MARTY JANNETTY?!

Sang I'll be in after the podcast ends.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Skunkrocker posted:

If I join, will you push MARTY JANNETTY?!

We just fought you tooth and nail to keep him. I'm almost as big a Skunk fan as you are!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Senerio posted:

We just fought you tooth and nail to keep him. I'm almost as big a Skunk fan as you are!

That bidding war WAS surprisingly brutal.

You guys were this close to seeing Jannety superkick Kid Rock through Brutus Briefcase's law office window.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

We decided that here in ECW, we already employ the Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray so we didn't need another one.

brb, building company around Shane Douglas

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luigi Thirty posted:

We decided that here in ECW, we already employ the Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray so we didn't need another one.

brb, building company around Shane Douglas

We also have an actual porn star

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't get skipped, guys :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Looking forward to seeing IYH, good luck WWF.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

Don't get skipped, guys :(

How long until WWF gets skipped?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

How long until WWF gets skipped?

Happyman posted:

Shows start running in an hour. I'm assuming that WWF will have some incidents so anyone from the WWF available, come to the IRC/google doc in an hour and a half or so.

Done! IYH16 must be posted by Thursday. The following week of TV must be posted by December 9th. Both WWF and WCW have some big contract situations taking place, so all hands on deck.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

Listen up, wrestling fans! If knee or back pain has you down for the count, then kick out by giving the expert staff at the Health Alert Hotline a call now. And through Medicare, you may be eligible for a pain relieving brace at little or no cost to you, just like the one that I'm wearing now. So whether in or outside the ring, fight back with a pain-saving knee or back brace! Call 1-800-471-2270 now!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Following Manifesto Has Been Provided For The Enlightenment Of The Masses By Flawless Diamond Miceli.

quote:

Never forget that above all else, the Flawless Diamonds stand for power. Most of my opponents are afraid to touch me. They fear I might break. Is this the image of something that can be broken?

Rey Misterio was not afraid to break me. For that he has my respect. But like all of WCW, he is nothing but a means to my end. I defeated him. And now I will defeat Alex Wright just as easily.

I am a Wrestler. I am a Cruiserweight. I am a Flawless Diamond. Nothing else matters.

The Cruiserweight Championship will be mine.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HardcoreHack Usenet Report posted:

The WWF came to Madison Square Garden for In Your House 16: Prepare For Trouble And Make It Double tonight, and I had a fuckin' time!

Dark: Backlund and Funk/Hardyz, Funk pinned Matt after a Moonsault
Backlund and Funk team promo insulting MSG. They keep insulting each other for being a granola-eating stick in the mud and a hardcore chair swinging old coot, respectively, but they can agree that the losers in Madison Square garden are worse than either of them.
Dark: Hakushi and Bundy vs Godwinn and Godfather, Hakushi pins Godwinn
Vince cuts a promo about the history of MSG/WWF
Dark: Marc Mero beats Doug Gilbert
Dark: Doink and Vampiro vs. Kerrang!, Vampiro pins Holly

Heat: URSUS and Kal Kirby/Joanna

Joanna destroys the both of them handily, eventually finishing URSUS off with a fallaway slam."
3-Count come out and declare that they've been selected as the representatives for WWF in a WWF vs ECW special challenge. They'd like to invite their competitors out.

Out come the Blue Man Power Trip, The Blue Meanie, Nova, and Mikey Whipwreck!

3 Count vs BMPT

BMPT dominates the early match, with Meanie mostly on offense, until the lights go out, and the imagery from the last few weeks of video packages starts playing on the Tron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAU_aW90IwY

That's a recreation of course, the actual one was on kazoo, but anyway, that plays as Scotty Bollea and Vic Venom come out! While Venom distracts the ref, Bollea tries to hit Meanie with a chair, only to hit Helms by accident. 1-2-3, and Venom and Bollea cheer like they just helped 3-Count win the main event of Wrestlemania. This was good, but nobody cares about 3 Count.

Post-Match, 3-Count and BMPT run Venom and Bollea off, and shake hands, congratulating each other on a match well done.

Jim Cornette introduces the newest member of Camp Cornette, Ahmed Johnson.

Ahmed Johnson squashes Tracy Smothers

The PPV opens with some bombastic music playing, the camera showing three pairs of boots. The camera pans up to show HHH and Austin, with Joanna standing imposingly between them

Hunter: Prepare for trouble!
Steve: And make it double!
Hunter: To cover the world with devastation!
Steve: To whoop all rear end across the nation!
Hunter: To destroy the Hart boys and all they love!
Steve: And run this place, with an iron glove!
Hunter: Hunter!
Steve: Steve!
Hunter: The Power Trip will kill you by the close of the night!
Steve: Surrender now, cuz' you're gonna lose the fight!
Brian Pillman pops into the frame.
Pillman: BRIAN! Let's FIGHT!

No DQ Tag title match: LoV vs Dudleyz. The finish comes when D-Von tries to set Shamrock up for a 3D, but Shamrock reverses the flapjack attempt into a flapjack of his own, D-Von gets cuttered through a table, and Shamrock segues into the ankle lock as Sato hits a diving senton onto Buh Buh. D-Von taps, and the Legion Of Violence retain.

Jimmy Hart promo "The LoV takes on all comers! Hit them with your best shots! Fire away!"
He turns around to show the design on his jacket depicting Bubba Ray as Pat Benatar and the caption TAP BENATAR.
Angle comes out and mocks Shamrock, saying that Shamrock is nothing but a loser, and Shamrock runs him off before standing tall.

Camp Cornette vs the Texas Rangers was next.
Hansen and Vader started in the ring, trading elbows back and forth. After that violent back-and-forth, Vader tagged in Bulldog.
The two of them started going at it. After a few back-and-forth tags and beatdowns, Vader dragged Hansen to the other turnbuckle to put him away with a Vader Bomb. He goes for it, but Hansen catches him and slams him to the mat.
1... No! Hansen is getting his second wind here, and starts beating down on him. This continues until Vader ducks a lariat, and slams Hansen.

Vader and Bulldog commence their assault again again, and Bulldog sets Hansen up for a powerslam, but Hansen dodges, and makes the tag to Henry! Henry starts beating down on Bulldog. After Vader distracts the ref, Bulldog hits Henry with a low blow, causing Henry to double over.

Bulldog shoves Henry into his corner, and starts beating down on him, until Vader tags himself in, and sets Henry up for a Vader Bomb. Bulldog and Vader argue over this tag, and Henry takes advantage, collects himself, and hits a World's Strongest Slam for the 3.

After the match, Cornette starts getting in Bulldog's face, and he just turns around and walks away. Ahmed starts trying to stop him, but he just swats him aside. Vader starts screaming at him, but is quickly shut up by Bulldog slapping him across the face. Vader and Bulldog start brawling, and as Bulldog is getting the upper hand, Ahmed starts trying to beat down Bulldog as well. Bulldog whips him right into Vader, knocking them both to the floor. Cornette starts beating Bulldog with his tennis racket, but Bulldog just grabs it and breaks the netting over Cornette's head to a good pop. Bulldog is thoroughly face now, and it seems to have gone well.

Trailblazers vs MonECW Inc. No DQ Elimination

Stevie Ray and Pitbull #1 start off with strikes, before the Pitbull runs the ropes and is caught off guard by a bicycle kick out of nowhere! 1-2-3!

First elimination: Stevie Ray elminates Pitbull 1 by pinfall with a Drive-By.

Incensed, Pitbull #2 runs into the ring, and immediately goes for Stevie's head with elbows, just bashing Stevie's head until the ref has to pull him off. As Pitbull 2 tags in Angle, the ref determines that Stevie is too hurt to continue.

Pitbull 2 eliminates Stevie Ray by referee decision after elbow strikes.

Osamu Nishimura tags in, and stares down Angle, before going for a lockup. The two of them exchange hold after hold, squirming out of each other's submissions with the greatest of finesse, almost at an impasse. But Ahmed Johnson runs out from the back with a chair, and starts attacking the Trailblazers. Once they've been temporarily slowed, he runs into the ring, and along with Angle and Pitbull #2, he just wails on Nishimura, focusing on the legs. Once he finishes, he leaves the chair in the ring and runs off as Angle hooks in the Ankle Lock. Nishimura tries to get to the ropes, but he has to tap out.

Angle submits Nishimura with the ankle lock.

Angle tags in Pitbull #2 as Rocky Maivia hits the ring and completely dominates the Pitbull. One uranage later, and the Pitbull is out.

Rocky Maivia eliminates Pitbull #2 by pinfall with a uranage.

Rocky stands tall, calling out Brian Lee. "YEAH, YOU! YOU SEVEN FOOT TALL TRICK OR TREATER! I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO FIGHT YOU OR SEND YOU OFF TO COMIC-CON!" Lee steps into the ring for the first time in the match. Before, he had simply stood on the apron. Rocky starts punching him, but he shows no pain. Rocky winds up for a big punch, and again, it doesn't faze Lee. He slaps him, kicks him in the gut, thumbs the eye, still no reaction. Finally, Rocky goes low. He delivers a large kick to Lee's groin, finally staggering him. Rocky hits the ropes, delivers a clothesline, further staggering Lee. He hits the rope again, but this time, he uses his rebound energy to whip Lee to the ropes. As Lee returns, Rocky hoists him up, and plants him down with a Spinebuster! Rocky slowly slips off an elbow pad, throws it to the crowd, and goes for a flashy elbow drop, but Lee sits up as he's about to drop it. Rocky is shocked, and looks at the chair Ahmed left in the ring earlier. As Lee begins to rise, Rocky gets a few whacks to the back in with the chair, staggering Lee even more. Lee tumbles to the outside to get his urn, and Rocky follows, but on the far end of the ring. Rocky whacks his chair against the barricade a few times, and gets a running start before delivering a brutal overhead shot! Lee, however, blocks it with the urn! He then delivers a kick to Rocky's groin, doubling him over so Lee can deliver an elevated powerbomb to the ring apron! Lee re-enters the ring as Rocky writhes on the outside.

The ref counts. 1...2...Rocky starts to get up. 3...4...5...Rocky is on one knee now. 6...7...He's grabbed one rope. 8...He's pulling himself in...9...Rocky gets back in the ring just in time! He crawls over to Lee, and starts pulling himself up. Lee stares down at him, and Rocky gives the bras d'honneur. Lee lets out a guttural yell, and pulls Rocky up for the Tombstone. As Taz tries to break it up, DiBiase pulls him off the apron.

1...2...3. Brian Lee eliminates Rocky Maivia with a tombstone.

As Rocky tries to crawl out, Lee follows behind, hoping to get a few more blows in. They eventually start beating each other with chairs, and after a particularly sick shot to the head, Rocky beats Lee down to the floor before staggering to the back, using the chair as a crutch of sorts.

Lee sits up as the ref counts 5, and gets back into the ring. Taz, now alone against the world, goes for more strikes on Lee, and Lee seems to have been heavily affected by the previous brawl, swaying uneasily after each blow. Taz goes for the Brooklyn Boot, staggering him further. Taz takes advantage, hitting a Tazplex for the 3. Angle does not try to break it up as he's arguing with DiBiase on the outside.

Taz eliminates Brian Lee with the Tazzplex.

As Lee's elimination is announced, Angle turns from DiBiase and runs into the ring, getting the jump on Taz with a german suplex! He holds on and goes for a second! A third! He goes for a fourth, but Taz elbows him, turns around, and goes for a belly-to belly! Another belly-to-belly! 3! 4! He goes for 5, but Angle goes for a low blow, hooks the leg, and goes for a fisherman suplex! 2! 3! 4! 5! After the fifth, he goes for the pin!

1..2...2.9! Taz kicks out, and Angle rolls to the outside, getting a chair. He whacks it against the barricade a few times, before rolling back into the ring. As he does so, Taz has gotten back up, and hit the ropes. As Angle gets to his feet, Taz Brooklyn Boots the chair right into his face! Angle, staggered and starting to bleed, falls right into Taz's arms, as Taz sets up for a vertical suplex--NO! A BRAINBUSTER! And not just one! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! 7! 8! 9! 10! Angle is not moving! Taz goes for the cover!

1...2...And DiBiase pulls the referee out of the ring! Taz follows, and gets in a shouting match with DiBiase and the ref on the outside. As they bicker, Angle starts to get to his feet, still gushing blood. He stands, he looks into the camera with a sick grin, AND HE PULLS DOWN HIS STRAPS! He hits the ropes, JUMPS OVER THE ROPES, AND KNOCKS TAZ AND THE REF INTO THE CROWD!

Taz and Angle start beating on each other with chairs, cups, anything they can find! The ref, still unconscious after Angle's amazing dive, does not count them out. After a particularly brutal shot leaves Angle leaning on the barricade, Taz gets a running start and Angry Man's Clotheslines the both of them over to the ringside area!

Angle and Taz struggle to their feet, as the ref finally awakens. They roll into the ring at the same time, on opposite ends. Taz hits the ropes for a Brooklyn Boot, but Angle grabs it and rolls under into the ankle lock! Angle is screaming and bloody as he just grinds Taz's ankle! Taz crawls in agony towards the ropes, but since this is a No DQ match, Angle doesn't have to break the hold. Taz climbs up the ropes, onto one foot, and hits an enzuigiri onto Angle! Angle is swaying, so Taz whips him into the corner before running to the opposite corner and running in for an Angry Man's Clothesline! He hits the opposite corner again and goes for another clothesline! He goes for a third, but Angle hits him with a devastating elbow strike, before hitting the modified fireman's carry that JR calls the Angle Slam! Angle looks over Taz, and goes to the top, setting up for a moonsault? Angle stays up a bit too long, gloating to the crowd, allowing Taz to get up, climb behind him, and HIT A TOP ROPE TAZZ-PLEX! Taz takes no time locking on the Tazmission afterward, as the ref finally re-enters the ring!

Angle simply refuses to tap, screaming "NO! NEVER! I WILL NEVER! TAP! OUT! NEVER! Never... never..." as he slowly fades out of consciousness. The ref raises his arm once... twice... three times. Taz wins! This was a really fun match, and Taz looked great. By the end, there was a pretty decent E-C-DUB chant.

TMPT cut a promo backstage about their match tonight.

Austin: "You know, Owen, Bret, Edge, you cats may think that just because you share a nationality and a grudge, that makes you a team? UH-UH! That's not what makes a team! Me and Pillman here have been knuckleheads since old times, and HHH and I are former tag team champions! Not only that, we share a common ambition! We all want to get to the top, and we'll help each other as much as we have to! We ride together, we die together, and we finish each other's-"
"SENTENCES!"
"Business! We finish each other's business!"
"No, no, a few weeks ago, when I was telling you about Joanna, that's what I was thinking of, sentences!"
"That's nice, son, but let's get back to the matter at hand. We finish each other's business, and since Hunter here didn't quite finish Edge off the first time, we're gonna help him finish the job--PERMANENTLY! Ain't that right, Pillman?"
"YEAH, IT'S drat RIGHT! WE'RE GONNA gently caress YOU UP! NOT A FUCKIN' SOUL IN ALL OF CANADA IS GONNA RECOGNIZE YOUR FACES ONCE WE'RE DONE WITH YOU!"
"Simmer down, Brian, save some 'a that for the match! Harts, Edge, you know what we're gonna do, just pray you cats survive it."

Box Office Bossman and Goldust vs Ultimate Warrior and Tom Prichard

The match begins with Bossman and Prichard in the ring. Prichard goes right after Bossman, but he is ready for him, and starts out brutalizing him. Backbreakers, big boots, splashes, you name it, and Bossman is hitting Prichard with it. He even tags Goldust in, and distracts the ref for Goldust to hit the Shattered Dreams on Prichard! Each of them took their time to get their signature moves in on Prichard, as all Prichard could do was try to look for an opening. Finally, as Bossman was setting up the Boss Man Slam, he got an opening, and tripped Bossman, managing just barely to crawl to his corner and tag in Warrior, just as Bossman tagged in Goldust.

In came Warrior swinging! Clothesline to Goldust! Knocks Bossman off the apron! Another clothesline to Goldust! This goes on for a bit, until Goldust grabs a pouch of glitter from Bossman, and blows it at Warrior, who ducks, and the glitter hits the ref, just as Warrior hits the Splash on Goldust. 1...2...3...4...5... he had him down, but the ref didn't see it! In comes Fucktrain! Fucktrain hits Warrior with a Big Sweaty Bomb and is gone by the time the ref gets the glitter out of his eyes. Goldust sets Warrior up for the Final Cut, and hits it for the 3.

We cut to outside the arena, where Ted Dibiase is fuming at Angle, Lee, Francine, and the Pitbulls.

"YOU! I DIDN'T PAY EITHER OF YOU TO LOSE! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN THERE? YOU WERE THE FIRST! ONES! OUT! GET OUT, YOU ARE DONE!"

Francine gets in DiBiase's face.

"YOU TOO, LADY, DRAG YOUR MUTTS DOWN TO THE POUND WHERE THEY BELONG! AND YOU, BRIAN LEE! YOU OVERGROWN LOSER! I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THAT COSTUME! GET LOST! AND YOU, MISTER AMERICAN HERO!"
"Hey, I didn't tap out! I did not tap out! I never have! Never will!"
"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING BUTTING IN ON KEN SHAMROCK? I DON'T PAY YOU TO PROMOTE YOUR ECW CRAP!"
"Hey, I did my job! I fought for you! It's not my fault you saddled me with those 3 losers!"
"OH OF COURSE YOU BLAME THEM! AAAAANYONE BUT KU-scuse me."
A stagehand brought DiBiase a phone from inside.
"Hello? What? He's ready? He's ready! TAKE IT ON THE ARCHES, ANGLE, I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE! AAAHAHAHAAAHAAAAAA!"

Undertaker and Dave Taylor vs Tajiri and Kane

The gong sounds as Undertaker enters with Dave Taylor; the two give a gentlemanly handshake as they take their places in the ring. Then Kane and Tajiri enter, both looking fearsome under red light, and fire shoots from the ringposts. Dave Taylor and Tajiri start off. Taylor tries to get Tajiri in a hold but the Japanese wrestler is too agile, slipping out of his grasp and tagging him with slaps and chops. Dave gives up the submission game and starts striking hard with his forearms, knocking Tajiri down and going for an early one-count. Tajiri scrambles back just long enough to tag in Kane.

Kane lurches towards Taylor, who again goes for a tie-up but is overpowered by the strength of the big red monster. After fighting his way out of a nasty hold he dives to tag in the Dead Man. Undertaker and Kane stare each other down for a moment, then go to a test of strength. It looks even until Kane slowly forces the Undertaker to his knees and delivers a series of devastating shots to the skull. He drags up his opponent for a chokeslam and sends him thundering down to the canvas. He goes for the cover.

1... 2... Undertaker gets the shoulder up. In a fury Kane throws him across the ring. Caught in a corner, Taker starts to fight back, using a series of punches to get back to the center. He nails Kane with a lariat, but the monster springs back up and catches Undertaker again- this time into a tombstone piledriver!

1... 2... 2.99999 as Taker just manages to get the shoulder up and rise from the canvas. Grabbing Kane by the arm he heads to the ropes, climbs to the top and hits the Old School. He covers Kane... 1... 2... Kane gets up. Undertaker throws him to the corner where Tajiri waits, and Kane accidentally knocks his partner off the apron! Kane is now dazed and staggers forward. Undertaker pauses- turns to Dave Taylor, and tags him in, gesturing as if to say "All yours."

Kane gets himself together enough to run for a clothesline at Taylor, who ducks out of the way- and Kane takes out the ref! Taylor jumps to the top turnbuckle, hits a beautiful Flying Ace onto Kane, goes for the cover, but nobody's there to count to three!

Suddenly we hear twisted circus music, as Doink the Clown appears on the ramp, pointing and laughing at the Real Man's Man. Taylor, staring at him, doesn't see Vampiro come up from behind and hit him with a spike! Kane picks up the stunned Taylor and hits a tombstone piledriver! He makes the cover, and the ref, now recovered, counts the pin.

1... 2... 3!

Kane and Tajiri have their arms raised in victory as Taylor and Taker stare in disbelief at Bearer and his freakshow: Tajiri, Kane, Vampiro, and Doink.

After the match, Paul Bearer took a microphone. "OH, MY UNDERTAKER, YOU HAVE ONLY BEGUN TO FEEL THE WRATH OF MY MINISTRY OF DARKNESS! WE WILL NOT STOP UNTIL WE HAVE TAKEN YOUR SOUL! AAAHAHAHAHAAAA!"

Michaels and Jericho/Liger and Mankind

Liger and Jericho start off, and this is a clinic. These two have each other's numbers. Every hold is countered, every flip is dodged. Michaels tags in, and he fares about the same. As HBK jumps on the ropes to reverse a hammerlock into an armdrag, Jericho opens his guitar case, which is leaning against the ring steps. Michaels finally gets Liger off guard with an elbow strike followed by an eye rake, which allows him to get the advantage and grind Liger down, as Jericho cheers him on. The tables turn, however, after HBK whips Liger to the ropes, setting up a back body drop, but Liger jumps over him, and flips him over with a Yoshi Tonic!

1...2...2.9, Heartbreak kicks out, and Liger just barely gets to Mankind for the hot tag! Clothesline! Clothesline! Whip into the corner! Running elbow strike! Running elbow strike! Corner cannonball! Foley waits in the middle of the ring, striking up the band, as HBK gets to his feet. Mankind goes for Sweet Shin Music, but HBK whips the leg and puts on the Figure 4 Leglock!

As Mankind struggles to survive, Jericho hops off the apron, sneaks around to Liger's corner, and pulls him to the floor! Jericho and Liger battle on the outside as Mankind struggles to reverse the pressure. Jericho attempts to whip Liger into the guitar, but Liger is able to stop just short! Jericho is one step ahead, however, as he runs on the apron, jumps off, AND DOUBLE FOOT STOMPS lIGER RIGHT INTO THE GUITAR! Jericho gloats to the crowd as medical personnel check on Liger, and returns to his corner to assist HBK. Just as Jericho returns to the corner, Mankind is able to reverse the pressure on the Figure 4!

As Michaels tries to hold on, Jericho hops over the ropes, bounces once on the inside, and hits the Lionsault onto Mankind, breaking up the hold! As Liger waves off the trainers and tries to make it back to his corner, Jericho and Michaels work over Mankind, making use of quick tags and double teaming. However, the tide turns when they attempt a double dropkick, but Mankind swats away HBK and grabs Jericho's leg, DDTing it into the mat!

Mankind runs wild on Jericho and HBK, whipping Michaels into the corner, Michaels of course rolling up the turnbuckle and falling into the Tree Of Woe! He whips Jericho into that same corner, but Jericho stops short! When Mankind barrels into the corner after him, he goes for the Codebreaker, but Mankind is able to hold him up, and reverses it into a powerbomb into Michaels! Liger is almost at his corner now, crawling onto the steps! Jericho gets up first, as Michaels has collapsed out of the Tree Of Woe, and eats a Sweet Shin Music setting him up for the Double Arm DDT! Jericho wiggles out, reverses into a hammerlock, whips Mankind out, and pulls him back in FOR A CODEBREAKER! Mankind is down, and Jericho is also exhausted, rolling out of the ring as HBK starts getting to his feet and striking up the band. Mankind gets to one knee, and finally to his feet. HBK goes for Sweet Chin Music! Mankind dodges! He hooks in the Mandible Claw! Mankind works the Heartbreak Kid down to the canvas, writhing in agony, as Liger finally drags himself up the steps to the corner. Michaels, canny as always, hooks an inside cradle!
1...2...3! Michaels taps out just after the 3 is counted, but he wins! Michaels and Jericho win!

As the ref lifts HBK's hand, Mankind is confused. As the ref explains what happened to him, Jericho sneaks up on him with a chair. Jericho and HBK beat Mankind down with chairs, until he's laying in the corner unable to get to his feet. Jericho and Michaels look at each other, and Michaels lets Jericho deliver the final blow. Jericho hits the dropkick into the corner that took Piper out, and Mankind is down and out. They celebrate as Liger and Mankind are given medical attention.

Now it's time for our Main Event. The Three Man Power Trip face off against the Harts and Edge.
Edge and HHH start out, exchanging blows, and generally beating on each other. HHH has the upper hand, and whips Edge into his corner, where he tags in Austin. Austin starts beating on Edge. Edge gets little offense in, until Austin whips him into the ropes, and goes for the Thesz Press, only to eat a Spear.

Both men are down, and the referee starts counting. 1...2... Austin shouldn't be down this long, all he took was a spear! 3...4...5... Austin sits up, and just looks at Edge, laughing all the while. He gets up, and drags Edge over to the ropes, where he tags in Pillman. If HHH and Austin were mean to the kid, Pillman was just brutal, beating down on poor Edge. Edge finds a hole in Pillman's offense, and spears him, too! Learning his lesson, Edge drags himself over to his corner, and tags in Owen. Pillman tags himself out, and Austin comes in swinging wildly, setting up Owen for the Stunner, which he reverses into a German Suplex! He sets Austin up for the Sharpshooter, but Hunter breaks it up. Owen tags in Bret, as Austin tags in Hunter. Bret and Hunter are going at it now! Bret hits Hunter with a few moves, and tags out to Edge. Edge and Pillman start beating on each other, and Pillman has the upper hand, when the two of them both go for dropkicks, leaving them both down for the count, crawling over to their corner. Edge gets the tag on Bret as Pillman gets the tag on Hunter. Hunter swings at Bret, who ducks, and accidentally hits Pillman and Austin off the apron! Bret takes the opportunity to hit a double leg takedown on HHH before turning into the Sharpshooter.

HHH tries to crawl to the ropes, but can't. Eventually he flips over, flipping Bret with him, and starts kicking Bret in the leg until Bret has to break the hold. HHH takes the advantage, stomping on Bret, before tagging in Austin, who hits the diving middle fingers on the downed Hitman. Austin tries to go for the mudhole stomp in the corner, but Bret rolls out of the ring, and pulls him down into a figure 4 around the turnbuckle. The ref starts counting, until Bret lets go on the four. Austin is livid, and tags Pillman in, as Bret tags Owen in. Austin and Bret start brawling outside the ring, as Hunter has crawled over to the other side. HHH grabs Edge, setting him up for another Spike Pedigree onto the concrete, but Edge reverses it into a backdrop before getting a microphone from the timekeeper's area. as HHH gets up, Edge spears him through the barricade! Edge rolls through into the crowd, and checks his mic before starting to cut a promo:

"Triple H, you pedigreed me out of this company just a few months ago, and who the hell are you? Best friends with two guys who decided they weren't making enough money from Scrooge McMahon and some jerkoff who looks like a male stripper? You make me sick. You're in this match because of your connections, not your wrestling skill! When you talk, my ears bleed. But hey, I bet you're selling a lot of seat cushions, aren't you? But I'm not here just to talk about you, Triple H. I've got bigger fish to fry.

It wasn't too long ago that I got fired from the WWF. I wake up, I get a phone call, he tells me they're exercising the termination clause of my contract and I'll be getting a pink slip in the mail and a little buyout, to make it official. And now look at me, I'm main eventing one of their pay per views. How far I have come from when I was so green I'd get booed out of the building.

But this is a live, uncensored, unfiltered broadcast where WWF fans have paid to see ME, Adam Copeland, EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING, not this blueblood trash in front of me! I'm proving old Vince wrong about everything with my very presence! These are my people, not yours! And I'm here to throw a pipe wrench in your wheels!

How? Let me explain it to everyone. There's this creative "genius" named Vince Russo up in Connecticut. You might know him as Vic Venom. This man told Triple H to spike my head into the loving mat and try to end my career because I was hurting their ratings! Oh, I'm sorry, Sky Sports, I'm not supposed to say that, am I? Well I'm not rated PG, or 14, I'm Rated R! Vince Russo is a magazine writer who doesn't know the first goddamn thing about wrestling. And Triple H, the fact that you went along with his plan makes you just as big of a piece of poo poo as he is! The way your friends down south throw money around you could've gotten a job there making ten times as much with one simple word: No.

You people, you don't know what you're missing! You wanna see something other than 40-year-old drug-addled bodybuilding rejects with balls the size of raisins jerking each other off on television for $50,000 every Monday night to feed a demented millionaire's sexual frus-"

Bret hits the Mic out of Edge's hands, and tells him off, as Austin grabs Bret from behind and throws him into the Announce table. Edge bends over to grab the Microphone again, but Hunter already has it, and is running at him. Edge runs out of the arena, as Hunter follows, screaming bloody murder (literally, the mic was picking up shouts of “I'M GONNA KILL YOU KID” and the like).

Bret and Austin brawl on the announce table for a but, until Austin goes for a Stunner, but like his brother before him, Bret reverses it into a German, and knocks the two of them out.

Owen and Pillman are in the ring, Owen goes for the sharpshooter, but Pillman wiggles out, Pillman goes for the Air Pillman but Owen reverses it into the Northern Lights Suplex to Armbreaker transition! Pillman clearly has nowhere to go, but raises his body up to hide his raking of the eyes. Owen is incensed, and as the referee checks on him Brian Pillman goes for a low blow... but Owen catches it, and kicks Pillman into a Perfect-Plex! The crowd is going mental when Owen cinches in the Dragon Sleeper in the middle of the ring! Pillman is going insane, realizing that he has no more support of the Power Trip left, and finally is forced to tap out!

This PPV was a solid B, and even the interruption in that main event didn't drag it down!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Great ppv wwf team, we over at ecw have been eagerly waiting for it.

EDIT: Happy posted a thing.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Dec 4, 2014

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

PROGRAPS UNLIMITED SPECIAL BULLETIN

Good afternoon marks! We're sure you want to read the details on Sunday's events - here's what we've gathered.

Edge's promo at In Your House is rumored to have been a worked shoot, as head writer Vince Russo is a known fan of angles that lean on kayfabe. However, we can't confirm that anyone in WWF or ECW management knew about the promo beforehand. If Russo or any other member of WWF creative had instructed Edge to do it without the others knowing, this would constitute a breach of Bret Hart's creative control clause. Thus, unless only Bret and Edge were in on it, this was unplanned. Edge did not pass the locker room on the way out of the arena - eyewitnesses say he ran out still in his ring gear and left the scene by car.

This morning, ECW relocated Wednesday's Hardcore TV taping from the Hammerstein to their old location, the Viking Hall in Philadelphia. It's likely that they did this to distance themselves from New York City, which is McMahon territory. But given the sudden nature of the move, it's also possible that McMahon himself ran them out of New York.

We should note that a lot of people bought the PPV replay later in the evening, likely after hearing about the incident. This contributed to an already strong buyrate. It remains to be seen how the WWF responds to the incident, if they will at all.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

yo WWF that was a really good main event! i loved Edge's shoot promo. very cool... but not as cool as The Flawless Diamonds.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was going to make a version of the Immortal theme on Kazoos, but it didn't go well. Sorry for failing the thread.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Really cool show, the main event in particular was fantastic and I'm interested to see what kind of fallout there might be, especially if Bret's contract was indeed violated.

I find WWF's write-up style interesting. WCW and ECW both try to give full and equal time and effort to the whole card, while WWF somewhat shortchanges their lower end stuff but in turn goes above and beyond for their big segments, making them as long as 4-5 given matches their competition are writing up.

Makes for an interesting contrast I think.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

I find WWF's write-up style interesting. WCW and ECW both try to give full and equal time and effort to the whole card, while WWF somewhat shortchanges their lower end stuff but in turn goes above and beyond for their big segments, making them as long as 4-5 given matches their competition are writing up.

The issue is that we have three writers with different writing styles writing our card. Anything short, usually, is me. (I did the Main Event, but I spent a LOT of time on that one and had other writers look it over to add the stuff I'm bad at; I'm an ideas guy first and foremost; the Immortal parody was all me.) Seriously I can't understate how much IBE does now that it's just three of us writing up shows.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Senerio posted:

The issue is that we have three writers with different writing styles writing our card. Anything short, usually, is me. (I did the Main Event, but I spent a LOT of time on that one and had other writers look it over to add the stuff I'm bad at; I'm an ideas guy first and foremost; the Immortal parody was all me.) Seriously I can't understate how much IBE does now that it's just three of us writing up shows.

If I can ask, how large is your overall staff at this point? Is it only three people writing shows or is it three people period?

At WCW it's two of us that do almost all of the actual writing, though a third person pitches in from time to time, but we have another three or four that contribute to the ideas and management decisions and other parts of running the show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like all this writer chat because it makes me feel a whole lot better with what I do for ECW (very little).

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 4, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

We argue on a disorganized spreadsheet and then I write all the shows.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also nobody gets paid.

Sounds like ECW to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luigi Thirty posted:

If you think our spreadsheet is disorganized you should see what WWF's used to look like, buster :colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

Aw, shucks.

And yeah, like I said earlier, Abrasive Obelisk was carrying a good chunk of the match writing duties, and now that he's taken his leave, we're spread thin on that front. And yeah, I'm definitely a more is more guy when it comes to match writeups. Big multi-man elimination matches are my poo poo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I Before E posted:

And yeah, like I said earlier, Abrasive Obelisk was carrying a good chunk of the match writing duties, and now that he's taken his leave, we're spread thin on that front.

Spoiler, he's now part of team ECW.

We hijack your main events, we hijack your writers E-C-DUB!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Spoiler, he's now part of team ECW.

We hijack your main events, we hijack your writers E-C-DUB!

YOU MOTHERFUCKER! AND AFTER I HAD KURT ANGLE TAKE 10 BRAINBUSTERS AND STILL GET UP AND DO A DIVE INTO THE CROWD!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I Before E posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER! AND AFTER I HAD KURT ANGLE TAKE 10 BRAINBUSTERS AND STILL GET UP AND DO A DIVE INTO THE CROWD!

Why do you think he's shilling knee braces?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

If I can ask, how large is your overall staff at this point? Is it only three people writing shows or is it three people period?

At WCW it's two of us that do almost all of the actual writing, though a third person pitches in from time to time, but we have another three or four that contribute to the ideas and management decisions and other parts of running the show.

You guys have a much bigger staff than us. Not counting the people who only make changes to the google doc and add in segment ideas (if there are those; I don't really pay attention to the logs), the writing staff is IBE and Max Lord, with me writing matches when I'm needed. The management is me, bouncing ideas off of people who are online if they are there (which I do for anything bigger than the small things like "make drat sure I outbid WCW on Skunk"). I'm always idling in the IRC, looking in every now and then, but I keep an eye out for pings.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Senerio posted:

(which I do for anything bigger than the small things like "make drat sure I outbid WCW on Skunk")

You mother fucker.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Skunkrocker posted:

You mother fucker.

Well we have plans for Janetty. You wouldn't be able to use the Skunkrocker gimmick anyway.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Senerio posted:

Well we have plans for Janetty. You wouldn't be able to use the Skunkrocker gimmick anyway.

This makes me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Senerio posted:

You've denied us WCW Cruiserweight Wrestler I Before E :colbert:

• Locked thread