Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Light Gun Man posted:

Hey I just wanna say that it's pretty lame that you can't carry over joke weapons into new games in P4G. Unless you can and internet is not telling me this. Anyway it seems like a lot of effort for low return so if they would at least carry over then they would have a purpose as "just started a new game, time to gently caress around with dumb weapons" items.

Maybe I just put off fishing way too long but drat. At least costumes stay.

I think the weapons that are the +xp stay (the final ones you buy in the bar).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

oblomov posted:

Wait, you are onto something here. Both series are now owned by Sega now, it could happen! Persona 4 x "Ryu ga Gotoku" crossover. Yu joins Kiryu into cleaning up Kamurocho from the fog and the Shadows. Chie and Naoto return as cops pursuing Yakuza (under Dojima). Kanji joined one of the clans. Yukiko's inn is being pressured into paying for "protection". Haruka joins Rise's agency, and both are owned by Yakuza.

I can't believe I typed up the above

Considering Eternal Punishment had the "Taiwanese Mafia" as major antagonists, that is not as crazy as it sounds.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sega could also make an SMT Valkyria Chronicles, right? With each teenage soldier having a tank persona?

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
As a European PS3 owner, is there any way to play Persona 4? I'm not sure the PS2 version is compatible, you can only get the PSN version in America and I don't own a Vita. Can you trick PSN into letting you buy it in the UK? Does the PS2 version work fine? Do import copies work? I am unsure why Japanese developers hate Europe.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You should be able to buy and play it using an American account, although you'd need to buy an American PSN card to be able to buy it

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Doodmons posted:

As a European PS3 owner, is there any way to play Persona 4? I'm not sure the PS2 version is compatible

Region doesn't matter. Model does.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Just buy an American cart for the vita. It's not region locked.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Doodmons posted:

As a European PS3 owner, is there any way to play Persona 4? I'm not sure the PS2 version is compatible, you can only get the PSN version in America and I don't own a Vita. Can you trick PSN into letting you buy it in the UK? Does the PS2 version work fine? Do import copies work? I am unsure why Japanese developers hate Europe.

A PS3 won't read a PS2 disc unless it's one of the first models that had the PS2 hardware in it. And yes, there is a way you can buy and play digital games from other regions. You have to register a new account on PSN selecting a country in the region you want access to, create a new user on the PS3 and link it to the account you created and when you go into the Store from that account, it will be the Store of the country you selected. The games themselves are region free, so if you buy a game from NA Store and download it, you'll be able to play it just fine. Also, it's possible that the Store won't let you use a European credit card to buy stuff. In that case, you can buy codes online so you don't have to use your credit card directly on the Store.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

laplace posted:

Just buy an American cart for the vita. It's not region locked.

Except the poster probably doesn't want to buy a Vita just for P4.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Len posted:

Except the poster probably doesn't want to buy a Vita just for P4.

It's just the easiest option, and it completely bypasses the whole region locking situation that seems to be the problem.

It's also, you know, a good console aside from P4.

I'm sure they could also just emulate it on PC if their hardware was half-decent.

laplace fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 6, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is a thing. P5 news in an hour?

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=946081&page=1

Re: Persona 4 emulation.

PS2/PSP emulation is pretty spot on now so a PS2 or Vita isnt required to play a version of P4. My galaxy S4 can even run Persona 3 Portable without trouble in a PSP emulator.

Vita emulation isnt anywhere but PS3 just started getting to the point of running commercial games. People will be playing Persona 5 on PC before Golden.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to not see gameplay from this trailer either.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Prediction: Surprise Christmas day release date, main character persona is Santa.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

I want a persona where the main cast is just given personas based on holiday mascots.

Make it happen atlus.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
prediction: nothing persona 5 related until the very end, then a release date and one or two characters revealed

who needs gameplay anyway, its just more persona combat if they do it right

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kwanzaabot and the Hanukkah Zombie would make for great Persona.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dr ramadan is gonna be the sun persona this time

e: anyone got a link to where its gonna stream?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Prediction: More of the Japanese voice actors molesting Teddie and each other and then Marie revealed to be the main heroine of Persona 5.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

dr ramadan is gonna be the sun persona this time

e: anyone got a link to where its gonna stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Give me gameplay or give me death.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

l

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Prediction: More of the Japanese voice actors molesting Teddie and each other and then Marie revealed to be the main heroine of Persona 5.

looking forward to it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Cake Attack posted:

looking forward to it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's like zero chance of them showing gameplay in a trailer at a Western conference. Best bet is probably the SCEJ trailer translated.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Maybe Sony paid them many dollars. Maybe. Please??

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what times this thing

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
1 PM EST I think?

Anybody got that collection of images that represented the Persona 4 The Golden Animation announcement stream?

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Keynote starts in 20 mins, 10 AM PST.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tomokazu Seki, the voice of a generation.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that gif syncs up with the stream music so teddie confirmed for p5

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

laplace posted:

It's just the easiest option, and it completely bypasses the whole region locking situation that seems to be the problem.

Well, if they're in Europe, buying the EU release of P4G would be even easier than importing the NA one. But still, buying a system for just one game is way too expensive.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

The solution is to buy the system for the many good games on it.

Also, I for some reason assumed P4G never came out in europe. There's the answer.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, can't wait for loving nothing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aristocrates, please. Even if we get nothing, we still have Digimon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Digimon is life.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i thought digimon died like 8 years ago

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hubris.height posted:

i thought digimon died like 8 years ago
it stopped being popular in the us (i think they still get dubbed but they just air like any other cartoon instead of being the number one ratings draw for fox kids like they were back in the day) but it's still fairly popular in japan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It may have died in your heart, but it lived on in the hearts of many others'.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
huh

i guess i just didn't know they still released stuff but i guess pokemon needs that competition is a big market

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Isn't it really unlikely for this big Playstation Experience thing to start with measly ol' Persona?

We're not seeing any news for another hour, are we?

EDIT: Wait, where did people hear we were getting any Persona?

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lol i bet its just a clip of dancing all night

ahahahahaha