Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
rip in peaches chinagame, was fun even if all the events required me to wake up at 4am. At least this vindicates my burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think a significant part of the Age of Wushu experience was lost when the error text no longer said, "Please follow the lady to the guestroom."

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think a significant part of the Age of Wushu experience was lost when the error text no longer said, "Please follow the lady to the guestroom."

At least "other mistakes" persevered :unsmith:

Denarius
Feb 25, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My first experience with this lovely game was trying to figure out what the hell "Follow the laws of the Flying Eagle Stronghold" meant, and it was amazing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Denarius posted:

My first experience with this lovely game was trying to figure out what the hell "Follow the laws of the Flying Eagle Stronghold" meant, and it was amazing.

I remember begging for money and streamed buns.

Best China simulator

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Denarius posted:

I was a fairly late-joiner and I still had that exact experience.

Best. Game. Ever. :china:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

My first experience was getting the thrown up on in newbie town. It's a real shame, since I really liked some aspects of the game. Here's to hoping we get something to fill the hole.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
I remember getting killed while farming wheat about 15 minutes after joining the guild; was told the reason was all goons must die.
Stuff like this turned it from a dumb broken china game into a carte blanche for pvp schenanigans without any of the guilt.

Hopefully Moonlight Blade will be coming our way because it looks pretty much like wushu 2.0

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I think the best moment was when the GMs spawned a world boss in our apple tree field that we were using to ambush carts with. Seems like everything always made pubbies so mad but man sometimes it was just magical. The entire emphasis on pvp in every aspect of wushu was just such an interesting change.

It really is too bad it all went to poo poo because the devs didn't care.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.
I was thinking of playing again but after reading the last couple of pages I probably won't bother. Do any goons still play?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

RainMaker posted:

I was thinking of playing again but after reading the last couple of pages I probably won't bother. Do any goons still play?

The game is all but dead. You might find a goon on another server that isn't Blue Dragon (I think there might be one left) but basically the only people left are pay2wins that still consistently buy everything that Snail puts out. And I mean everything.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I may be the last one left. I am on White Tiger, which I don't think is as dead as Blue Dragon.

You can still have some fun with the game, but the pvp can often suck thanks to all the pay2win bullshit they've added since the game came out.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 9, 2014

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Haquer posted:

The game is all but dead. You might find a goon on another server that isn't Blue Dragon (I think there might be one left) but basically the only people left are pay2wins that still consistently buy everything that Snail puts out. And I mean everything.

That's a massive shame, GoonTangClan was good fun. Oh well, I'll just keep my money and go outside instead.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

RainMaker posted:

That's a massive shame, GoonTangClan was good fun. Oh well, I'll just keep my money and go outside instead.

Most goons quit the game just after 3rd inner patch last year because we recorded a hostile alliance blatantly cheating in a guild war and Snail said recorded video proof wasn't good enough to punish them. Literally.

That and all goons idling in Wudang during primetime for a chance to get a skill that was worthless without the rest of the set which killed off newbies wanting to play since they had no high level people to help them fight terrorists or blitz quests with. Oh goons

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
An NPC got spawned from Thanksgiving event.

This NPC does 6k splash damage unparried and was spawned at the Chengdu mortuary, marketplace, and bank.

This NPC can also jump on platforms buildings by following the player if it does not get reset.

Good samaritan cleans mysterious tailor roof

Mortuary filled with dead people

Pubbies get mad at coming back to 0 durability gear because of not conveniently AFKing at the unoccupied herbal halls outside the city :psyduck:

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011

Haquer posted:

That and all goons idling in Wudang during primetime for a chance to get a skill that was worthless without the rest of the set which killed off newbies wanting to play since they had no high level people to help them fight terrorists or blitz quests with. Oh goons

oops

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I was a whopping 27 2nd internal and I had Febreze with me who was like 30 2nd inner and we were having to run GCC Hardmode with newbies. It took us ~3 hours per run instead of ~1 hour if we had literally any more assholes who didn't want an RE with us :argh:

Ah well, it was fun at the time dying repeatedly to Armor Man and the final boss :negative:

E: Also then doing GCC Shura much later when I had lvl 64 blood blade + HP treasures rocking 16k HP and taking loving nothing from armor man or the next boss. Too much power creep ruined the game (and ancient bullshit)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

I was a whopping 27 2nd internal and I had Febreze with me who was like 30 2nd inner and we were having to run GCC Hardmode with newbies. It took us ~3 hours per run instead of ~1 hour if we had literally any more assholes who didn't want an RE with us :argh:

Ah well, it was fun at the time dying repeatedly to Armor Man and the final boss :negative:

E: Also then doing GCC Shura much later when I had lvl 64 blood blade + HP treasures rocking 16k HP and taking loving nothing from armor man or the next boss. Too much power creep ruined the game (and ancient bullshit)

Dungeon runs were pretty bearable as a musician once that sweet, sweet autoplay kicked in. I played a lot of china game from my browser. :allears:

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Dungeon runs were pretty bearable as a musician once that sweet, sweet autoplay kicked in. I played a lot of china game from my browser. :allears:

Oh man I still have nightmares about that Delamore longmen inn run where I had to play music without VIP

gently caress that giant eunich

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

Skion posted:

Oh man I still have nightmares about that Delamore longmen inn run where I had to play music without VIP

gently caress that giant eunich

all my nightmares are longmen inn

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The PvE in Wushu is unique, to say the least. A raid instance where everyone has to stand around doing nothing while the leader completes confusing, poorly translated storyline quests, followed by hp sponge boss fights with confusing gimmicks. It reminds me of the stuff I'd play as a kid in the 90s, back before there were commonly accepted guidelines of game design.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Delamore posted:

all my nightmares are longmen inn

I figured they'd be yanman pass.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

I figured they'd be yanman pass.

Waking in cold sweats muttering "what could've been..."

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Did the raids ever get gimmicks more exciting than stacking bunch of Tangmen on the boss so that it doesn't take two weeks to kill them?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Puistokemisti posted:

Did the raids ever get gimmicks more exciting than stacking bunch of Tangmen on the boss so that it doesn't take two weeks to kill them?

With the Hua patch mangle was nerfed to where there's only one stack on the boss, but people also got way stronger due to weapon manuals, class 5 gear and 3rd internals (and Jianghu up to 49) at the same time.

Mangle was still usable, but the game went from "ride on the backs of tangmen" to "a tangman is really nice to have but not necessary"

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Puistokemisti posted:

It literally turned into absolute bullshit mechanics that might as well have been impossible. We circumvented them by having wudangs (or other choice classes) use their skills in a weird chain that allowed them to stay permanently aloft above the boss. The boss wouldn't do anything since he couldn't path to the target. Generally, this would work. Generally.

To give you an example -- there was an absolutely retarded WALL BOSS that we had to surmount.

It started with two guys on top of the Great Wall of China. One had a move that summoned four swords with a decent amount of HP -- something that would take a concentrated effort to bring down. If you didn't kill all 4 swords, they would instantly hit everyone in the zone for 1 million damage. However, if you hovered in the air above him, he would never use swords as long as you maintained threat. Thus, you had to do a bullshit strategy of maintaining aggro, luring in mobs to keep up rage, while keeping the chain intact and hope that lag wouldn't cause you to drop.

While this was going on, there was generally another wudang on the road leading to the WALL generally tanking anywhere from 500 to 1000 mobs by being in the air over them.

More bullshit happened after that. It was dumb. There were two more bosses that appeared after you beat the two on the wall that didn't really make any sense insofar as I could tell. They would just sometimes kill you. You had to beat the entire thing in one go to progress. It generally took about half an hour for the encounter.

We beat the final boss by attacking him through a tent, as suggested (somewhat) by bumbaclyde. Everyone berated him for being an idiot, and Delamore left in frustration because the boss was so retarded. Then we killed him with like 6 guys by punching him through a tent wall.

The fact that we solved any of us is still shocking to me.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 14, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Saradiart posted:

gently caress me that's a good wushu thread title

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

japangame.exe ????

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Guan Yu is Chinese you heathen.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

Guan Yu is Chinese you heathen.

Then why is he speaking Japanese :confused:

ぬくいnukui 【温い】

adjective → conjugation:
温い · 微温い:lukewarm;  tepid; —Usually written using kana alone. ぬくい is primarily used in Western Japan.
ぬるい:lenient —Usually written using kana alone. → ゆるい【緩い】[1]
ぬくい:slow;  stupid; —Usually written using kana alone. Archaism. → 温

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Since when can't a chinese man speak japanese, racist dog.

wow wow.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Saradiart posted:

We beat the final boss by attacking him through a tent, as suggested (somewhat) by bumbaclyde. Everyone berated him for being an idiot, and Delamore left in frustration because the boss was so retarded. Then we killed him with like 6 guys by punching him through a tent wall.

Um excuse me I said it was worth a shot!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Is that a beard slot in his outermost layer of clothing? That is an amazing idea.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Dirk the Average posted:

Is that a beard slot in his outermost layer of clothing? That is an amazing idea.

Gotta protect yo neck(beard).

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

HOW COULD YOU FORGET GREEN LIGHTNING MAN?

Rather like wall boss, Green Lightning Man had an ability that would wipe the entire raid with green lightning. As far as we were ever able to tell, he would only decide to cast it if at least one member of the raid was outside of melee range of him. Easy, you'd think - just stack everyone in melee and kill the useless HP sponge.

That's what we thought, too. Then we discovered that he had another ability which triggered within seconds of there being more than 3 people in melee range, which knocked back the entire raid. You do not truly understand Wushu's PvE design until you have spent 5 minutes throwing your body at a boss that throws you back out as soon as you do anything.

He was also an assassin boss, which was amazing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Dirk the Average posted:

I know gorgets were common pieces of armor, but didn't know people protected their neckbeards with them :v:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

kznlol posted:

HOW COULD YOU FORGET GREEN LIGHTNING MAN?

Rather like wall boss, Green Lightning Man had an ability that would wipe the entire raid with green lightning. As far as we were ever able to tell, he would only decide to cast it if at least one member of the raid was outside of melee range of him. Easy, you'd think - just stack everyone in melee and kill the useless HP sponge.

That's what we thought, too. Then we discovered that he had another ability which triggered within seconds of there being more than 3 people in melee range, which knocked back the entire raid. You do not truly understand Wushu's PvE design until you have spent 5 minutes throwing your body at a boss that throws you back out as soon as you do anything.

He was also an assassin boss, which was amazing.

At least he got easier once everyone had Perish Blade and got knockback immunity from the rage. Still easier than Giant Sword Dude in the cave. Untranslated mechanics? Check. Instant death move? Check. That wipes the raid? Double check. Oh and the musician needs to be in line of sight. But can't be on the ground, because he kills anyone not jumping. And then he drops aggro anyway and commits blender death on everyone at 40%.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Shalhavet posted:

At least he got easier once everyone had Perish Blade and got knockback immunity from the rage. Still easier than Giant Sword Dude in the cave. Untranslated mechanics? Check. Instant death move? Check. That wipes the raid? Double check. Oh and the musician needs to be in line of sight. But can't be on the ground, because he kills anyone not jumping. And then he drops aggro anyway and commits blender death on everyone at 40%.

To make him easier in the end for fast runs we had a mangle stack on him with everyone using vertigo dart or the shen needle set with hella dex drugs. And then when he decided to do the jump or you die attack most everyone used breeze sword to stay aloft.

gently caress yanmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Being a musician sucked for wars(due to boredom) but god drat did it rule for raids.