Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Kin posted:

Did the initiates stuff just get fixed? A patch got rolled out for synch stuff on the mobile app and i noticed that my initiates level suddenly shot up to 8 because it finally picked up that i've finished all of the other games except 4.

Seems like it just comes and goes at random. My profile was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but now it's completely empty, no numbers anywhere and all the feeds are blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
What do you actually get from the nomad chests? I'm not sure I can be bothered with the mobile app crap unless you get something decent.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Mostly poo poo. Some unlock weapons. A few unlock terribly easy missions.

The mobile app sucks a lot of battery but the game itself requires almost no active time. It's really not a big deal.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Semi-mental posted:

What do you actually get from the nomad chests? I'm not sure I can be bothered with the mobile app crap unless you get something decent.

The major draw would be unlocking Altair's outfit. There's some mid-tier equipment.

It also unlocks some rift artifacts as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sellouts posted:

Mostly poo poo. Some unlock weapons. A few unlock terribly easy missions.

The mobile app sucks a lot of battery but the game itself requires almost no active time. It's really not a big deal.

Am I reading it right in the app? Do those missions disappear after 24 hours if you don't do them, because your agent does?

I know they're very simple ones but it's very strange to have a mission disappear on you.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Yep they get completed for you, and chests get collected. It's ok if you can't play the actual game for a bit so all your missions aren't tied up - but having dudes not get tied up for 24h would have been even better!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Either play the game and sync the app and get your guy back immediately or wait 24 hours.

Nothing disappears permanently unless you guy dies on the mission because you don't heal beforehand.

Also unlock social clubs and you will have enough points to do anything in the app

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the scope of Victorian AssCreed goes further than London itself. It'd be cool to see a greatest hits of the Empire; Calcutta, Cairo, Johannesburg, and of course Montreal.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

superh posted:

Yep they get completed for you, and chests get collected. It's ok if you can't play the actual game for a bit so all your missions aren't tied up - but having dudes not get tied up for 24h would have been even better!

Or 36. Look, just want to have fancy Assassin fashion, game, why must you make me suffer for it?!

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
Applied for Goon_Ass in Unity, nobody seems to accept my application though. Anyone who is still playing this want to do some Unity co-op on PC? Add me on uplay, CyborgLenin1917. I promise I wont be terrible and attract all the guards.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

effervescible posted:

Or 36. Look, just want to have fancy Assassin fashion, game, why must you make me suffer for it?!

Yeah yo I've got my top guys working through Altairs outfit right now, and I hope they don't die!

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Good luck, my friend. I'm still leveling my Assassins up because I refuse to send them on those missions if the chance of success is less than 90%.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Hamsalad posted:

Applied for Goon_Ass in Unity, nobody seems to accept my application though. Anyone who is still playing this want to do some Unity co-op on PC? Add me on uplay, CyborgLenin1917. I promise I wont be terrible and attract all the guards.

I added you. Against my better judgement I decided to give this game a try, I was itching for some stabbing. I must say, the game is absolutely gorgeous. Feel free to add me for co-op (bonds0097).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mameluke posted:

I hope the scope of Victorian AssCreed goes further than London itself. It'd be cool to see a greatest hits of the Empire; Calcutta, Cairo, Johannesburg, and of course Montreal.

this. Also i have noticed the good assassins creeds(2,brotherhood,and 4) do general historic time periods then specific events like in the meh assassins creed games(1,3,unity).

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

effervescible posted:

Good luck, my friend. I'm still leveling my Assassins up because I refuse to send them on those missions if the chance of success is less than 90%.

I've never sent out a mission at less than 100% and still had at least 2 dudes randomly die from full health.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Until the update yesterday there was a bug where it could fail at 100%.

I don't know it that fixes assassins dying though. You still succeed if at least one survives.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
loving James Kidd, stop acting like you're not a woman pretending to be a dude. Like 3 times already she's been like "Oh, come here, I've got a secret to show you," and I'm like, "Oh, we're finally ending this stupid charade, great," but then nooooooo look at this map or this weird stone or something. You are clearly a woman. Your voice actor is for sure a woman. Let's just get it out in the open.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

loving James Kidd, stop acting like you're not a woman pretending to be a dude. Like 3 times already she's been like "Oh, come here, I've got a secret to show you," and I'm like, "Oh, we're finally ending this stupid charade, great," but then nooooooo look at this map or this weird stone or something. You are clearly a woman. Your voice actor is for sure a woman. Let's just get it out in the open.

What are you talking about, James Kidd is totally a dude.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

effervescible posted:

They all died noooo...!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

PostNouveau posted:

His name's James, that's not a woman's name.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
The companion app has permanently handicapped me because one of my assassins's is allegedly "away" doing a non existant thing. He's got the little clock symbol thing on his icon but no timer. He's just there, taking up an extra slot. :/

Also the open combat in unity sucks and just highlights how terrible the gameplay is as soon as guns come into it. Trigger an alert and get swarmed by guards? Might as well just give up because they'll not only stunlock you to death but blast you with a hail of gunfire from off the sides of the screen where you can't even see them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I bought Rogue for $20, I can finally get my rear end Creed fix. I'll buy Unity when it's fixed (lol).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Palpek posted:

I bought Rogue for $20, I can finally get my rear end Creed fix. I'll buy Unity when it's fixed (lol).

Where'd ya get it for $20?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dan Didio posted:

His name's James, that's not a woman's name.

Jessie James??

Edit: oh poo poo he was a guy.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kin posted:

Also the open combat in unity sucks and just highlights how terrible the gameplay is as soon as guns come into it. Trigger an alert and get swarmed by guards? Might as well just give up because they'll not only stunlock you to death but blast you with a hail of gunfire from off the sides of the screen where you can't even see them.

Just drop a smoke bomb and run. I actually like whittling at a mass of soldiers and disappearing when cornered, like a horror movie monster.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Kin posted:

Trigger an alert and get swarmed by guards? Might as well just give up

Just like real life, I'd argue.

So I opened a ticket about my missing Edward Kenway outfit, and used the opportunity to ask about the free game offer.

quote:

Thank you for answering those questions for me.

I have sent the gathered information to the development team as promised so they can use that information to help them find a solution.

In the meantime, keep checking back for the outfit as it should return once the issue is resolve.

As for the Unity Season Pass free game offer, we only received information saying that the company is offering this to the Season Pass holders but they did not provide any details about how the program will operate or when it will begin. It seems they want to make sure everyone is aware of the offer before starting the logistics.

So basically it's loving nothing

Though I'd think that anybody who cares about the offer already have long known about it.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Hamsalad posted:

Added you.

bonds0097 posted:

I added you. Against my better judgement I decided to give this game a try, I was itching for some stabbing. I must say, the game is absolutely gorgeous. Feel free to add me for co-op (bonds0097).

uplay can't find that user name?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Lollerich posted:

Added you.

uplay can't find that user name?

Weird, unless Uplay usernames are case-sensitive? Bonds0097 would be it then.

Hamsalad
May 28, 2007
i am torgo
Sweet, ill be on tonight for a while, and tomorrow after like 630 pm PST.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

superh posted:

They all died noooo...!

I'm sorry for your loss. :smith:

On the plus side, some of them are functionally immortal. One of mine died a few days ago and when I went to recruit a new one, there she was.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kin posted:

Where'd ya get it for $20?
Polish version of Ebay.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

effervescible posted:

I'm sorry for your loss. :smith:

On the plus side, some of them are functionally immortal. One of mine died a few days ago and when I went to recruit a new one, there she was.

They all are.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
For US people out there, K-Mart is currently selling Unity for $45.

It's the first time I've seen it discounted more than a couple dollars anywhere.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Must be some Piece of Eden bullshit.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Is there a goon club on Xbox One?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I started playing Rogue and drat I feel like I put old comfortable shoes on. It's basically Black Flag with new stuff, I have nothing against that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea Rogue is hella fun. Is there a way to link rogue to my uplay account for initiates bullshit?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea Rogue is hella fun. Is there a way to link rogue to my uplay account for initiates bullshit?

It probably already did.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's linked in Uplay, must just be initiates being screwy. Back to clearing all those "criminals" out of New York :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'm like 80% through Unity. It seems like the Assassin Council is about as useless as the panel is Mass Effect.

Seriously, do they help you with anything in the entire game? I miss being able to summon bros to help.

• Locked thread