Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Mason Ryan winning the poll to face Evan Bourne will never not be funny.

That was hilarious. what was it because? Some issue with the previous ballot being so heavily voted it crashed the system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Xenoletum posted:

That was hilarious. what was it because? Some issue with the previous ballot being so heavily voted it crashed the system?

Something like that or they'd forgotten to reset the totals from after the previous poll

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/742789-wwe-monday-night-raw-voting-error-robs-fans-of-evan-bourne-sin-cara-match

quote:

WWE.com reports an overflow of votes from the Divas Championship is responsible for the miscast votes. Kelly Kelly, the leading vote-getter for the title match, was option B for fans to choose from. When the vote overflowed into the Evan Bourne match choice, Mason Ryan, also option B, was the recipient of Kelly's votes. This caused the tainted results and cost fans the opportunity to see Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara on Monday night.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am really looking forward to the Slammys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wwe network is my favorite superstar

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Endorph posted:

wwe network is my favorite superstar

I know right, that 999 chant is over as gently caress

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Ha, they put Slater Gator in the tag team category.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RZApublican posted:

I know right, that 999 chant is over as gently caress

But I don't think it's ready for the main event of Wrestlemania yet. It just doesn't have "it."

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Speedboat Jones posted:

But I don't think it's ready for the main event of Wrestlemania yet. It just doesn't have "it."

The chant is over but the Network isn't.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

OctoberCountry posted:

The chant is over but the Network isn't.

Compared to the MLB Network? It's a solid B+ network.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wonder if we are going to get a couple of NXT matches on Raw to hype up the Takerover event?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i heard neville has been squashing axel

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm thinking about going to a house show either at MSG or Nassau Coliseum the 26th or 27th. I've never seen live wrestling in my life. I'm trying to convince some friends to go but I'm not sure if I'm gonna have any takers. Anyone else planning on going so I am not alone?

Argh, there's finally another live show in NYC, and of course it's when I'm going home to Georgia for the holidays :argh:

Starting to regret not going to the recent Raw in Brooklyn more and more. Ah well, at least we're getting SummerSlam next year. Hopefully by then I'll have convinced someone else to go with me, or at least find some goons to meet up with.

I guess there's always TNA tapings...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

I guess there's always TNA tapings...

Always?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Then
Now
At least next month?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

Then
Now
At least next month?

thats still really pushing it, every monthly tna thread might be the last

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I tried going to a TNA taping but when I got there it was an empty warehouse, then Garrett Bischoff slipped a knife between my ribs and Tommy Dreamer took my wallet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I tried going to a TNA taping but when I got there it was an empty warehouse, then Garrett Bischoff slipped a knife between my ribs and Tommy Dreamer took my wallet.
more fun than an actual tna show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Really excited to see if they let Paige and her fans win the Breakout award or if they rig it in Reign's favour.

Ambrose>>>>Paige. Also cool meme bro.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ambrose>>>>Paige. Also cool meme bro.

Ambrose is now some jobber who can't even win a match, I'm surprised they even put him on the poll.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol that the yes chant isn't even an option

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The chant is over, not the wrestler.

Duh.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
They were just playing a Raw recap of Cena gettin ' murked through a table at this house show, and this little kid was enthusiastically cheering on the heels.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

bradzilla posted:

lol that the yes chant isn't even an option

I'd be more thankful it isn't under there as "Yes Chant - Brie Bella".

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

"Yes!" - Big Show

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Who won the crowd participation last year, wasn't it R-Truth?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Yes chant won last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVcH-sW-lyk

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I showed my mom that video of Ted DiBiase kicking the basketball away from the little kid. Immediately she knew what his character was (rich rear end in a top hat) and it made her so incredibly angry even though it was 25 years ago, it was just TV and the kid got paid anyway off camera. She's not even a wrestling fan! I don't get why they have to make heeling it up or even just having recognizable characters so difficult.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I showed my mom that video of Ted DiBiase kicking the basketball away from the little kid. Immediately she knew what his character was (rich rear end in a top hat) and it made her so incredibly angry even though it was 25 years ago, it was just TV and the kid got paid anyway off camera. She's not even a wrestling fan! I don't get why they have to make heeling it up or even just having recognizable characters so difficult.

Tell her it is fake and she's a loving mark.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

Tell her it is fake and she's a loving mark.

I did, she said she's angry that the kid probably doesn't and that they were messing with his emotions like that.

The kid was like 4 and completely oblivious.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

The kid was like 4 and completely oblivious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslVUNDCJIU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Adam Rose

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

oknope posted:

Adam Rose

Soon to be The Bunny.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Xenoletum posted:

It was actually me voting for Mason Ryan 300,000 times.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

- Stephanie McMahon

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009
Like Two Beans, I was at the WWE Fairfax house show earlier tonight. I've been to a number of televised shows, but never a house show, so I was pretty excited to see what it was like.

Given that the advertised card seemed a little suspect--they were promoting locally a Rusev/Big Show/Mark Henry triple threat, which seemed unlikely given booking current events--I went in not knowing what to expect at all.

Building was about half-full. Show started off with some hard sell for the WWE Network's Roku package and a Twitter gimmick where you could vote whether the main event would be a Street Fight or not. Ring announcer Jojo sang the national anthem and we were off.

-Rusev beat Jack Swagger with the Accolade to retain the US Title. Swagger seems to work better as a face at house shows than he does on TV; he actively pumped up the crowd, and he did a fun "U-S-A, U-S-A" ten-punch in the corner spot I haven't seen him use before.
-Adam Rose beat Titus O'Neil with a lazy pinning combination after the Bunny distracted Titus. Bunny was way more over than either guy in the match, though Titus did some admirable heeling.
-Natalya and Naomi beat Cameron and Summer Rae when Summer submitted to the Sharpshooter. Cute spot early on when Natalya stole Cameron's mirror; Cameron ran to attack, only to freeze and admire herself when Nattie held the mirror up. Standard Divas fare otherwise.
-Erick Rowan and Big Show wrestled to a double countout in a plodding, unexceptional match. Big Show did some great heel mic work before the match, though.
-Alex Riley made a surprise appearance and beat Tyson Kidd with a TKO. Kidd was amazing in this match with Heel 101, doing everything from Larry Zbyszko Stalling to poster-tearing to get the crowd to give a poo poo about Riley. Riley, for what it's worth, held up his end and the finishing stretch was pretty hot.
-The Usos beat Goldust and Stardust when Stardust's roll-up was reversed for the pin. Entertaining pre-match promoing from both teams, and the match was, while standard Uso fare, quite good.
-The main event, Ambrose vs. Wyatt, was indeed a Street Fight. It was a hell of a match, with tables, chairs, stairs, and kendo sticks all being used at points. Wyatt cemented himself as a douchebag mid-match by getting on the mic to respond to the "we want tables" chants with, "What's that? You want tables??? ...No." After both guys went through tables, Dean hit the Dirty Deeds for the pin to send the fans home happy.

Really fun show. I like the brisk pace and more back-and-forth fan interactions with the wrestlers this type of show allows for, and I definitely recommend anyone on the fence about attending house shows in the future take the plunge.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Punk to UFC is official

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Uh so cm punk signed with the ufc just fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy poo poo