Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Mega Man is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only objective fact is that Dedede is perfect. The rest is debatable.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The game even says that HRH King Dedede is perfect, you can't argue with that.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Pegged Lamb posted:

Mega Man is garbage

Alternate moves Mega Man is anti-garbage, nega-garbage even

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure rocksmash is the best character in the game

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Mii Brawler on top :allears:

I know it's probably because of that OHKO glitch, but still, the idea of any of the Miis being top tier, haha.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ok what's probably a stupid question but: how the hell do I knock people out on larger stages?

I've been playing as Lucina and I can get my enemies to 200+ percent as a routine but I never seem to manage to land a good blow that sends them flying. Meanwhile, I get killed at half that almost effortlessly. Mostly it seems that I die from being hit upward by aerial attacks since Lucina apparently sucks at attacking downward, but when I try to knock enemies into the air they hardly seem to go flying at all. Any advice? Should I just give up on Lucina and switch to some other character?

Sorry I don't know the terminology well.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Side-A mother fucker

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rosalind posted:

Ok what's probably a stupid question but: how the hell do I knock people out on larger stages?

I've been playing as Lucina and I can get my enemies to 200+ percent as a routine but I never seem to manage to land a good blow that sends them flying. Meanwhile, I get killed at half that almost effortlessly. Mostly it seems that I die from being hit upward by aerial attacks since Lucina apparently sucks at attacking downward, but when I try to knock enemies into the air they hardly seem to go flying at all. Any advice? Should I just give up on Lucina and switch to some other character?

Sorry I don't know the terminology well.

chasing off the stage is pretty crucial, lucy has good air moves and so can finish people off that way

otherwise, try and land a front smash, a counter, a upsmash (if people roll a lot waiting for a roll than doing a running upsmash is good) or a shieldbreaker.

if you break someone's shield and then do a fully charged shield breaker again you'll kill in the 50s

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't care for Tier lists, but I can at least agree that Mii Swordfighter does blow. That's basically the one character I rarely if ever use, and I like to use everyone.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ElegantFugue posted:

Mii Brawler on top :allears:

I know it's probably because of that OHKO glitch, but still, the idea of any of the Miis being top tier, haha.

Mii Brawler is pretty solid, and yeah, that up B is godlike

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol at fox, a character who dies at like 50 percent and was nerfed severely, being tier "A"

Fox has better recovery in this game than he ever has before and gets mad loving mixups off two hits of his jab combo. Plus you can do dope loving combos like jab jab ftilt running upsmash and kill people from liek 80%.

Reflector's range got nerfed and it has less knockback in this game, but that and his dair are the only things that got nerfed. He's not as good as in melee but WAY better than he was in brawl.

OH and fox illusion is safe if done low to the ground unless you perfect shield it. You don't usually get anything off of it but it's real annoying.

Sade fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 6, 2014

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Has anyone else experienced some minor input lag when using the Gamecube adapter? It's probably less than half a second, but in a fast-paced game like smash that makes a lot of difference. I've heard that I can fix it by turning my TV onto "Game Mode" but can't see to find that option. I'm also not using official gamecube remotes, so maybe that's it? Anyone got any ideas?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Calico Heart posted:

Has anyone else experienced some minor input lag when using the Gamecube adapter? It's probably less than half a second, but in a fast-paced game like smash that makes a lot of difference. I've heard that I can fix it by turning my TV onto "Game Mode" but can't see to find that option. I'm also not using official gamecube remotes, so maybe that's it? Anyone got any ideas?

I can practically guarantee that it's the fault of the controller.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Just heading home from Yodobashi Camera, it's launch day here in Japan and the store is pretty busy selling a billion amiibos.

I got a link and Zelda, but there seems to be quite a few people just buying amiibos and no game. I'm sure some are downloading it but it looks like these things are popular on their own.

They have tonnes of stock of the game, download code, every amiibo and white and black smash GCN controllers but are out of stock of GCN adapters until the 19th.

Edit: also didn't see anyone buying just one amiibo, everyone had 2-5.

Didn't spot anyone getting the whole set.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Wacky commercial time!

All those character trying to get back at the end... :allears:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Eiba posted:

So... who likes tier lists? I think they can be pretty fun.

This is apparently the current Japanese ranking, based on tournament results.

I wonder what's different about Dr. Mario between this and Melee. He mostly feels the same, just I'm having more trouble being successful with him. In particular, issues with his short range seem more apparent, along with difficulty actually finishing people off.

Also this:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Especially WRT Doc Mario, who might have the actual worst recovery in the entire game.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Nintendo World store, which I can get to from my house in 20 minutes, will be getting GCN adapters in sometime next week.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

All "Pics of the Day" in one video

Not gonna lie, I choked up a bit near the end. Beautiful send-off to Pic of the Day.

Thanks, Sakurai.

Thakurai.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

DoctorWhat posted:

The Nintendo World store, which I can get to from my house in 20 minutes, will be getting GCN adapters in sometime next week.

According to twitter, Marth and Villager amiibos as well.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man those bundles with the gamecube controller aren't anywhere. Is Nintendo going to release another shipment soon?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I guess pre-ordering the entire bundle (game, adapter, controller) turned out to be a good idea after all?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

I guess pre-ordering the entire bundle (game, adapter, controller) turned out to be a good idea after all?

Yeah

i got lucky and managed put a hold on the last adapter at a futureshop, but i spent more than the bundle cost and almost didn't even get the adapter

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Looks like we got Project M 2 sooner than we thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7CbczTklA

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah he sure owned that training CPU.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

F. Lobot posted:

This owns, I wonder how it translates to other characters though.

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
So my friend just gave/made me this...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

smooth landing/heavy gravity would be a really cool special smash option

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

smooth landing/heavy gravity would be a really cool special smash option

You could just make a custom of every character with it. You only need one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Forbidden Donut posted:

So my friend just gave/made me this...

Incredible.

greatn posted:

You could just make a custom of every character with it. You only need one.

The problem is getting them, Smooth Lander you can just Hammer but Heavy Gravity is completely random isn't it?

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

Incredible.

The problem is getting them, Smooth Lander you can just Hammer but Heavy Gravity is completely random isn't it?

Heavy gravity is a special mode, which unfortunately means you can't play it online even with friends.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 7, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

F. Lobot posted:

totally Ok with this...looks like he plays like his PM counterpart

F. Lobot posted:

Heavy gravity is a special mode, which unfortunately means you can't play it online even with friends.

ahahahaha of course

bef fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 7, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

F. Lobot posted:

Oh god. Yeah, then that's retarded.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

Yeah he sure owned that training CPU.

Pretty sure you missed the point

Sire Oblivion posted:

This owns, I wonder how it translates to other characters though.

He did a video for a lot of other characters, I think I saw jiggly, ganon, mario and Marth at least

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Uhhh... guys...?
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-discontinues-marth-wii-fit-trainer-villager-amiibo-284688.phtml -> Nintendo reportedly discontinues Marth, Wii Fit Trainer & Villager amiibo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SL the Pyro posted:

Uhhh... guys...?
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-reportedly-discontinues-marth-wii-fit-trainer-villager-amiibo-284688.phtml -> Nintendo reportedly discontinues Marth, Wii Fit Trainer & Villager amiibo

It seems really odd that they'd discontinue amiibo this early in their lifespan. I mean, yeah, I don't think anyone is expecting more niche characters to hang around forever, but its been what, 2 weeks?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Maybe they're retooling their faces & will release better ones soon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Reiley posted:

Maybe they're retooling their faces & will release better ones soon.

Except there was nothing wrong with the Wii Fit Trainer's face or Villagers?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i actually wanted a villager amiibo now they're all $35+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

Except there was nothing wrong with the Wii Fit Trainer's face or Villagers?

Man I dunno, gimme a break.

• Locked thread