Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

blk posted:

I think this is the biggest lie guys tell themselves. There seem to be three kinds of attitudes men take to women they're friends with:

1) I actively want to bang you
2) I don't think about banging you, but I would, given the right circumstances
3) I'm not attracted to you

I have plenty of female friends that are really just friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Goddamn the bad news just keeps rolling in, both here and for a lot of you.

Good news... um...

The Jeep is in my partner's name, and the roadside assistance people also let me transfer over the Fairlane's premium roadside to it. That was good. Massive relief actually. It's CEL popped on for a bit yesterday. No idea why but I suspect it's misfiring a bit because of the enthusiastic power steering leak. The crazy thing is still on half a tank and I don't even know how many hundreds of km it's been driven so far. Not complaining at all.

I got the tablet I bought on eBay. Sure I ended up paying slightly more than a refurb one in anger because I was jerked around pretty badly by an online store, it's keyboard dock has some broken case half clips that make it pop apart, and the screen seems a little loose on one side, but dammit it got here all the way across the country without being pulverised which is no minor miracle.
It means I can establish some kind of contact with people again too. I might not be alone but goddamn I get lonely.

Have a sunflower. Everyone likes sunflowers, right?

The sunflowers are growing really well. So are the tomatoes, potatoes, snow peas and there's a couple of watermelons that are shifting into high gear. It's the first time this miserable excuse for dirt has really managed to grow anything. Grass doesn't even want to grow in a lot of the yard.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

goatse guy posted:

That's how I categorize my male friends.

meatpimp posted:

Exactly. Some men like dudes.

And some people like both.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

And some people like both.
Some of us hate everyone.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Some of us?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

My man :respek:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Going to Vegas in late March, was wondering what AIs opinion on Exotics Racing is?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday. I'm pretty high right now on painkillers. I think I'm also suffering from cabin fever, so I've been sending snaps of my house. It took me over a year to get it clean from when this was my Dad's place. He was a hoarder. I'm ridiculously proud of my house now. I also have a real issue if things are messy around the house. Like OCD to the max issue.

Did I mention how much I like Percocet?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

alternate.eago posted:

So I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday. I'm pretty high right now on painkillers. I think I'm also suffering from cabin fever, so I've been sending snaps of my house. It took me over a year to get it clean from when this was my Dad's place. He was a hoarder. I'm ridiculously proud of my house now. I also have a real issue if things are messy around the house. Like OCD to the max issue.

Percocet is great stuff until you're out of it. Despite my efforts after my last surgery to ween myself off of it as they ran out, the first day without them loving blew so much rear end it's ridiculous.
Also according to my family I'm hilarious on opiates, I was basically Homsar for a couple weeks. I'd put some ridiculous word salad together and it felt like I was saying a regular sentence, but then my brother would laugh hysterically, I'd ask him what was funny, he'd repeat that sentence back to me and I'd be like 'I said that? wtf that makes no sense. I didn't say that'.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

alternate.eago posted:

Why the hell is it that when other people, ie not me get wisdom teeth pulled they get pain killers? I even know someone that I recently found out went to the exact same clinic hundreds of km away that I did for my last tooth removal and they actually got something, instead of being told to take Nurofen (not plus) if they need it. Half my goddamn bottom jaw was so badly infected that my teeth weren't even seated anymore and I had a constant flow of pus into my mouth. When I got home I managed to swing a GP appointment a couple of days later to get some good antibiotics which I ended up using the "just in case" repeat of as well before it got the infection under control. I also hit my partner's Panadiene Forte and the Nurofen Plus pretty hard too.

That loving tooth and subsequent infection was the reason I was in such a foul mood for most of '14. The waiting list was many months long to see a proper dental surgeon but it was worth it. Just wish he'd addressed the pain and horrible infection at the time.

Props on the house by the way. Mine looks like a hoarder's house. thing is though, it's not. hard to explain. I revel in throwing out or donating as much stuff as possible. It is a long road to cleaning up a disaster site though. It's like a Where's Wally (Waldo) of utter crap.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Eh, this is only my second time ever on painkillers. I don't have that many, and this morning when I woke up (and they had worn off completely) it wasn't that bad. It just makes it easier so that I can actually eat something.

General_Failure posted:

Why the hell is it that when other people, ie not me get wisdom teeth pulled they get pain killers? I even know someone that I recently found out went to the exact same clinic hundreds of km away that I did for my last tooth removal and they actually got something, instead of being told to take Nurofen (not plus) if they need it. Half my goddamn bottom jaw was so badly infected that my teeth weren't even seated anymore and I had a constant flow of pus into my mouth. When I got home I managed to swing a GP appointment a couple of days later to get some good antibiotics which I ended up using the "just in case" repeat of as well before it got the infection under control. I also hit my partner's Panadiene Forte and the Nurofen Plus pretty hard too.

That loving tooth and subsequent infection was the reason I was in such a foul mood for most of '14. The waiting list was many months long to see a proper dental surgeon but it was worth it. Just wish he'd addressed the pain and horrible infection at the time.

Props on the house by the way. Mine looks like a hoarder's house. thing is though, it's not. hard to explain. I revel in throwing out or donating as much stuff as possible. It is a long road to cleaning up a disaster site though. It's like a Where's Wally (Waldo) of utter crap.

Also my dentist didn't actually proscribe me the these... I just had some around. I was prescribed some meloxicam, which is like prescription ibuprofen.

It's still odd sometimes living in this house and being able to see the floor, and walk around freely.

Edit: Fixed quote.

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 6, 2014

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

When I fractured a couple of ribs a number of years ago, they gave me some Percocets to take over the first three days. I took the first one and was almost immediately violently ill. Throwing up isn't much fun at the best of times; throwing up when you've got fractured ribs is absolute agony...that was easily the worst pain I've ever experienced. Needless to say, I didn't take any more of those loving things and just beared with the pain.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

alternate.eago posted:

Also my dentist didn't actually proscribe me the these...
Proscribe != Prescribe.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I got my OnePlus One earlier this week. It's a wonderful phone. The battery lasts at least a day for me and I'm still using the stock ROM. I had to go to the ATT store to register the IMEI and the guy gave me a look of "WTF IS THAT THING?."

I just downloaded the cyanogenmod source. I'm thinking about compiling it. I think I'm becoming that guy. Again.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

MrChips posted:

gently caress percocets

Same here. I sold mine to a guy that puts them up his nose. Made me feel so nauseous and terrible.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

InitialDave posted:

Proscribe != Prescribe.

I''ve never claimed I could spell well.

:catdrugs: Also I'm on painkillers, what more do you want?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

neckbeard posted:

Going to Vegas in late March, was wondering what AIs opinion on Exotics Racing is?

Everyone I've heard of was very disappointed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

mafoose posted:

Same here. I sold mine to a guy that puts them up his nose. Made me feel so nauseous and terrible.

Count me on this, at least in opinion. The side effects of the percs were easily one of the worst parts of a hernia repair I had last year.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Oh yea you guys are right. 72 would have the big front fenders. Maybe he said 70 but now I dont remember. Him and his dad werent the type to swap something like that so its whatever year it is, haha.

When is your brother getting back? Itd be cool to see more Javelins in AI.

Thats honestly been bugging me. They swapped to the more curved aero look in 71, so 70 would make much more sense but I am not an expert in these things, I just like drooling over the cars, regardless of year.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Elmnt80 posted:

Thats honestly been bugging me. They swapped to the more curved aero look in 71, so 70 would make much more sense but I am not an expert in these things, I just like drooling over the cars, regardless of year.

I just looked up 68-70 and I cant tell the difference yet.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

mafoose posted:

:catstare:

If they were actually percs, it may have been worth seeing his face after snorting them. They have acetaminophen in them which tends to burn a whole lot going up your nose along with being a poo poo ton of powder which will dry it out and make all your problems worse along with tasting like absolute poo poo.

Fart Pipe posted:

I just looked up 68-70 and I cant tell the difference yet.

The front fenders are much more pronounced, thinner bumpers, etc. They just tend to look a bit sleeker and more aerodynamic.

Dude's:

70:

71:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea its not a 70 at least, the blinkers in the bumper are different in the dudes.

e: and I forgot that in 71 they got the awesome front fenders.

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 7, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Exactly. Some men like dudes.

Some men like dudes and dudettes.

I mean, have you looked at Chris Evans lately? I'd bang that dude. Or Sean Connery anywhere from 1960 to 2000.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The 68s and 69s seem to have that style of blinker in the bumper. Beyond that, I've got no clue.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

The 68s and 69s seem to have that style of blinker in the bumper. Beyond that, I've got no clue.

Yea it has to be a 68 or 69.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
It's a 68; the 69s had a bullseye emblem on the driver's side grill instead of the script 'Javelin'.

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 7, 2014

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh yep! I knew there was some detail we had to be missing. Good call MonkeyNutZ

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Edit: beaten with better info; that's what I get when I leave the window open

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Automotive Insanity: AMC Lives!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I can't run anymore my body just can't do it, I gotta get out of the Air National Guard. I just can't do this anymore...

I'm also making so much at my job, it makes little sense to keep working for people that don't really like me anymore.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 7, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp, my idiot friend from months ago who refused to get her poo poo together and had the car she was upsidedown on repoed got another monkey wrench in her life. She was making payments on a Jeep she bought from a friend of a friend and she got two months behind on that as well (at $100 a month you have to seriously gently caress up your life to get behind) and she figured since she moved 3 hours away she could just stop paying him.
NOPE.
He showed up at her apartment yesterday, left a copy of the agreement she signed and since he still has the title and a key he took it home. So now she's hosed and crying to everyone asking to borrow a car. Had she listened to me and actually filed for bankruptcy 9 months ago I probably would'v let her have the Civic as all she's done is continue to get further into the well I had to wipe my hands of the situation today.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
gently caress.

So many good games on tonight, and my wife has a friend coming over with her fiance.

Guess I'm gonna be that rear end in a top hat tonight

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Welp, my idiot friend

Look at it this way, she isn't gonna learn if people keep bailing her out. Let her fall on her face a few times and then she might consider taking advice from people that could quite possibly know better than she does about life issues. When you wanna do it your way you gotta own the consequences and suck it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Look at it this way, she isn't gonna learn if people keep bailing her out. Let her fall on her face a few times and then she might consider taking advice from people that could quite possibly know better than she does about life issues. When you wanna do it your way you gotta own the consequences and suck it up.

She'll never learn. She's been homeless twice and now that she's hot and physically desirable she just finds guys to bail her out.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Rhyno posted:

the car she was upsidedown on repoed

she figured since she moved 3 hours away she could just stop paying him.

If she can't afford her payments then chances are she is driving around without insurance either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wally Joyner posted:

If she can't afford her payments then chances are she is driving around without insurance either.

Chances were 100%. She was also running 18 month expired plates on that KIA.

I mean, if I was a homely and single not single I bet she would've tried to bang me for a car two years ago.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 7, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I started to hang out with the kid I kicked out of the house last year again. Got into another fight with him tonight. A bunch of us got dinner and grabbed a beer and played pool afterwards. He was being a dick to everyone all night. We all went back to my house and he was being still being an rear end in a top hat. He said some poo poo to me and I told him to get hosed. I feel bad cuz we've all been friends with him for like a decade but he was being such a douche.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She'll never learn. She's been homeless twice and now that she's hot and physically desirable she just finds guys to bail her out.

Oh one of those. I used to fall for that poo poo when I was like 24.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Oh one of those. I used to fall for that poo poo when I was like 24.

Oh so you were that guy in the military :v:

Knew a guy who fell for those girls habitually. Last I heard he married a hooker from Subic Bay and was now supporting her and her entire family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Dated one. Never again. She was really smart, unfortunately. Just no common sense.

• Locked thread