Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vertical Lime posted:

So Punk to UFC is official

Holy gently caress

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Every report I'm seeing is just that he's attending an event and Dana would be interested in signing him up for a fight, in theory.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
haha. well good luck to him, see you back in wwe in 2 years

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

pressedbunny posted:

Every report I'm seeing is just that he's attending an event and Dana would be interested in signing him up for a fight, in theory.

Well it was just announced on the PPV that the UFC has signed him to a multi-fight deal so

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

RIP Punk

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

It's also all over Dana White's twitter and instagram

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

pressedbunny posted:

I could see him as an analyst or commentator, but gently caress man just fight a z-league can like Bautista if you want to get in the octagon.

SteelFusion posted:

Well it was just announced on the PPV that the UFC has signed him to a multi-fight deal so

Well that's silly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Now watch as CM Punk just destroys every single person they put in his way, and he becomes the most dominant fighter they've ever had. Until Ronda Rousey beats him in 20 seconds with an arm bar.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

SteelFusion posted:

Yeah he was literally being interviewed about this on PPV

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

purkey posted:

I could see him as an analyst or commentator, but gently caress man just fight a z-league can like Bautista if you want to get in the octagon.

I really expected him to do a Metamoris, like 100% expected that he would do one in the future. But the UFC? At 37, and with his injuries and no training besides rolling with Rener? Didn't expect that.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

TheJoker138 posted:

Now watch as CM Punk just destroys every single person they put in his way, and he becomes the most dominant fighter they've ever had. Until Ronda Rousey beats him in 20 seconds with an arm bar.

He's going to have the worst fight against one of the shittiest fighters that the UFC has seen since the early tournament days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i don't know anything about MMA but this seems like a poor idea

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

21 Hoot Salute posted:

It's also all over Dana White's twitter and instagram

Incoming Billionaire Dana segments on RAW.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ha, Punk is going to be booked softer than current Floyd Mayweather.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Alain Post posted:

I don't see what the problem with an aging broken down pretty unathletic dude getting into real life cage fighting could be.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I wonder how a 36-year-old with no fighting experience, bad knees, and 5,000 concussions is going to do in UFC

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
...so I guess WWE had the right idea including UFC in their no-compete clause

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Alain Post posted:

From what I understand, even the worst fighter in the UFC is a major asskicker and an MMA veteran.

So against someone whos 36 years old with no MMA credentials to his name and a history of injuries...not a very good idea at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what are you talking about? Didn't you hear Cole? Punk has muay thai style offense. He's a sure-in!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

dsriggs posted:

...so I guess WWE had the right idea including UFC in their no-compete clause

THEY ARE NOT COMPETITION

quote:

"They (UFC) aren't really a competitor to us and I explain this to our talent this way in the Performance Center and every time I say it people will say to me oh, that made it very clear for me: people like UFC, they like boxing, but it's completely different from what we are."

-Paul "Triple H" Levesque

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Here is my fantasy scenario: Brock really is done after Mania this year. They put Punk against super easy opponents for his first couple fights. Lesnar comes back to the UFC. Brock Lesnar fights CM Punk in a UFC fight.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

You know, I get this might just be a bucket list thing for Punk to do but dude's going to get loving wrecked

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

TheJoker138 posted:

Here is my fantasy scenario: Brock really is done after Mania this year. They put Punk against super easy opponents for his first couple fights. Lesnar comes back to the UFC. Brock Lesnar fights CM Punk in a UFC fight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

is this a serious post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

why do you want cm punk to die

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

They wouldn't be in the same weightclasses, I don't think. Also lol.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I think you're confusing UFC with pro wrestling

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I would love to see how fat CMPunk would have to get to get up to heavyweight.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

TheJoker138 posted:

You know the UFC is a shoot right? It's not a work.

I can't even think of a reasonable catchweight for those two.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
CM Punk isn't competing in MMA guys. He might be talking to them to do some kind of promotion or commentary thing but he's literally years of combat sports training away from even doing local amateur-level fights.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

purkey posted:

he'd have to get fat as poo poo, all the way up to 206 pounds

loving fat poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

CM Punk isn't competing in MMA guys. He might be talking to them to do some kind of promotion or commentary thing but he's literally years of combat sports training away from even doing local amateur-level fights.
he was just on their ppv saying he signed a multi-fight contract and will be fighting as soon as he's ready.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pro wrestling is real

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So are you watching the PPV right now, or

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Would you call a commentary thing a

SteelFusion posted:

multi-fight deal

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

purkey posted:

And I think its impossible for Brock to drop weight. Like, even if he starves himself his body will regenerate the consumed muscle mass

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mechafunkzilla posted:

For everyone's sake, I hope this is how things go down.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

why do you want cm punk to die

Because it would be funny. And I know it's completely implausible, hence it being a dream scenario. My idea of Punk losing to Rousey is probably more likely.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

As I understand it he basically MMA trains for fun in whatever offtime he's had for the past 10ish years, so its not like he's going in completely blind. Just 99% blind.

God its going to be a bloodbath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Colt Cabana ‏@ColtCabana
gently caress! ... Now I gotta learn how to hold one of those flags over an octagon.

• Locked thread