Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cake Attack posted:

seriously a god drat cartesian plane, get out of here atlus

I was fumbling around trying to turn the lights on in the bottom two rooms so I could read the textbooks when Naoto chimed in with the answer :bang:

I think if the four textbooks had been readable it would have been a clever puzzle instead of a bear. I figured that the +- symbols meant that one door was positive and one was negative, and you had to solve the equation in order to proceed. Especially since they were algebra textbooks, goddamn, at least say they're geometry books. Give me a hint beyond "four quadrants, what's the origin". That's pretty obscure dontcha think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I was fumbling around trying to turn the lights on in the bottom two rooms so I could read the textbooks when Naoto chimed in with the answer :bang:

I think if the four textbooks had been readable it would have been a clever puzzle instead of a bear. I figured that the +- symbols meant that one door was positive and one was negative, and you had to solve the equation in order to proceed. Especially since they were algebra textbooks, goddamn, at least say they're geometry books. Give me a hint beyond "four quadrants, what's the origin". That's pretty obscure dontcha think

My favorite part of that was figuring out the correct answer, then having it not work because I'd entered and left the room before trying it out. Guess you gotta go in fresh or something, I don't know.

Zurai posted:

The very first enemy in the game (Lying Hablerie) has a weakness to bash, and that's a scripted encounter, so nope ;)

Clearly I did not try a bash attack against them and thus they are not the first enemy with a physical weakness I've found.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Do the time-limited requests expire when you progress to the next floor of a dungeon? I'd just started the second floor of the fourth dungeon, and I accidentally went straight to the third floor before exploring the second at all, and now I'm not sure if I would have missed out on requests because of that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is there a Persona I can get a Curse skill card from?

I need Curse for the Evil Eye quest, and I don't feel like putting Zen & Rei back in the party.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Dexie posted:

I need Curse for the Evil Eye quest, and I don't feel like putting Zen & Rei back in the party.
Legion gets Evil Smile (its skill card) at level 22.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Naoto seems like the answer to everything in this game. I'm in 3-4 as well and a new FOE started chasing me, so I just turned around and killed it with Mahamaon. I've killed it twice now and I feel like I've skipped some big chase scene with how the area is laid out and how the FOE has more range for catching you than anything so far.

It's also literally the first thing I've ever seen with a physical weakness.

Like half the shadows in the first dungeon have weaknesses to various physical types

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Do the time-limited requests expire when you progress to the next floor of a dungeon? I'd just started the second floor of the fourth dungeon, and I accidentally went straight to the third floor before exploring the second at all, and now I'm not sure if I would have missed out on requests because of that.

Timed quests expire 2 floors after they first can become available. You're safe.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

Legion gets Evil Smile (its skill card) at level 22.

How do I not have a Legion?

What's an easy way to fuse it?

EDIT: Ignore me I'm a moron that can't read my Compendium.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 7, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone happen to have a complete Group Date Stop 4 map? I seem to have missed a door or a secret passage somewhere and I'm not sure where.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Len posted:

Anyone happen to have a complete Group Date Stop 4 map? I seem to have missed a door or a secret passage somewhere and I'm not sure where.

This work? http://i.imgur.com/Yv0r2Dr.jpg

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That's perfect. Thanks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Apparently I am a complete moron. I can't figure out how to open this door on the third floor of the Evil Spirit Club. I'm supposed to pass through the doors in order, and I have the numbers from the x-ray, from I'm really not sure which door is which. Did I miss an obvious clue somewhere?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Dexie posted:

Apparently I am a complete moron. I can't figure out how to open this door on the third floor of the Evil Spirit Club. I'm supposed to pass through the doors in order, and I have the numbers from the x-ray, from I'm really not sure which door is which. Did I miss an obvious clue somewhere?

Did you find the clock clue?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Okay, this door on the second level of the third dungeon is starting to piss me off. I get that the 1-2-3-4 in black and white meant something, there was some kind of clue about dice, but the puzzle provides absolutely no information about its state or what resets it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

StandardVC10 posted:

Okay, this door on the second level of the third dungeon is starting to piss me off. I get that the 1-2-3-4 in black and white meant something, there was some kind of clue about dice, but the puzzle provides absolutely no information about its state or what resets it.

Map out the FOEs and lights and take a closer look at the map.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

StandardVC10 posted:

Turn the lights off count the FOE's and label the room with that number

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dexie posted:

I just bought some Curse Gas items for that quest; that's probably easier than fusing up a new sub-persona or switching around your party.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Strange Quark posted:

To get to a small dungeon in EO4, you had to lure a sheep FOE in with food so that would lure the other FOE around the dungeon entrance away to eat the sheep.

The whole "use your food catapult to lure the sheep into range so the FOE chases them instead" thing never occurred to me, and I don't recall anyone in game ever suggesting that. Instead, I ended up cheesing that by using the portable Geomagnetic Pole they give you for your airship. I noticed that the FOE always starts out south of the dungeon entrance whenever you enter the 2nd land. So I dropped a temporary pole north of the dungeon, then warped straight to it from town, giving me plenty of time to reach the dungeon before the FOE could circle around and catch me. :downs:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

The whole "use your food catapult to lure the sheep into range so the FOE chases them instead" thing never occurred to me, and I don't recall anyone in game ever suggesting that. Instead, I ended up cheesing that by using the portable Geomagnetic Pole they give you for your airship. I noticed that the FOE always starts out south of the dungeon entrance whenever you enter the 2nd land. So I dropped a temporary pole north of the dungeon, then warped straight to it from town, giving me plenty of time to reach the dungeon before the FOE could circle around and catch me. :downs:
The game does suggest it. When you first get near there, the Dinogator pounces on and eats one of the sheep. You also don't need to use the foodapult for it, you can just drop a mushroom from your ship between the two and it'll come over.

Just had Naoto solve the puzzle in 3-4 and no regrets, it was dumb.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

i turned the difficulty down and killed it. :downsgun:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

theshim posted:

The game does suggest it. When you first get near there, the Dinogator pounces on and eats one of the sheep. You also don't need to use the foodapult for it, you can just drop a mushroom from your ship between the two and it'll come over.

I don't remember that ever happening; not saying it didn't, just that I don't remember it. So I ended up not knowing the right way to do it until way after the fact. :shrug:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I did some testing earlier. Turns out that your sub persona makes a huge difference in damage output. By which I mean Kanji was doing half the damage of the P4MC with Holy Touch, which was finally enough to get me to retire Kaguya. Keep your subs updated!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

I don't remember that ever happening; not saying it didn't, just that I don't remember it. So I ended up not knowing the right way to do it until way after the fact. :shrug:

I remembered that happening, but I still had to go look it up. :downs:

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Finally finished the Evil Spirit Club. Overall, I really liked it, definitely the best labyrinth so far. One thing did bug me though: did I miss a passage or is there a forced FOE fight on the last floor in the southwest corner of the map? I could not for the life of me get around to the other side of the wall where the second to last darkness key was, so I just fought one of the Lovely Dolls to break through.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You never have to fight any of the Lovely Dolls.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

KingEffingFrost posted:

Finally finished the Evil Spirit Club. Overall, I really liked it, definitely the best labyrinth so far. One thing did bug me though: did I miss a passage or is there a forced FOE fight on the last floor in the southwest corner of the map? I could not for the life of me get around to the other side of the wall where the second to last darkness key was, so I just fought one of the Lovely Dolls to break through.

If you're talking about the spot I think you are, that tetris piece shaped wall had two shortcuts in it, one by the switch and one to the left of the key

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Einwand posted:

If you're talking about the spot I think you are, that tetris piece shaped wall had two shortcuts in it, one by the switch and one to the left of the key

Ahhh, taking a closer look, you're right.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I know that melee characters are penalized when in the back row, but are ranged characters like Aigis similarly punished if you put them in the front?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I know that melee characters are penalized when in the back row, but are ranged characters like Aigis similarly punished if you put them in the front?

They tend to have lower defenses and lower HP so they are in that sense.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

not as far as i know, it's just that most ranged characters are a little on the flimsy side with the exception of aigis, so you generally want to keep them in the back anyway.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

As a cool bonus to not only not being punished for being in the front, Aigis can also reach the enemies back row with her ranged attack and receive no damage penalty.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Fenris13 posted:

As a cool bonus to not only not being punished for being in the front, Aigis can also reach the enemies back row with her ranged attack and receive no damage penalty.

ranged attacks always do that, front row or back.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh god I lost to the first labyrinth boss. I feel bad. Is level 8 too low?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yeah you're a little low, probably want to be 10 or 11.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Level 9 is fine if you have something like Maragi or some other AOE skill. But at that point you'd have to kill an FOE to get a persona like that.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah 8 is a little too low, at least on normal. I somehow pulled a victory out of my rear end at level 9 thanks to lots of luck with poison, and then the P3 characters came in at level 12 showing me just how lucky I was to make it through the fight with my whole party still alive.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
For the P3 side, I love how as soon they realize they're from different time periods, Yukiko almost immediately lies about there being flying cars, and Naoto of all people is the one who backs her up. :allears:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

When it says characters belong in the front or back row, they're just talking about their weapons. As in, the bog-standard "Attack" command that you'll pretty much never use. Melee characters can go in the back as long as you make sure to use magic or physical skills that say "Ranged" (RN) instead of "melee" (ML). Ranged skills don't suffer a damage penalty and can hit any row at any time; melee skills suffer a damage penalty if you're not used from the front row, and can only reach the enemies' front row if used from the back.

I just realized I can make Naoto even more beastly by giving her a Strength-Magic swap accessory. She can save her SP for Binds and Status skills, and her Magic is high enough that she should be a really strong Phys attacker, with good accuracy thanks to her ridiculously high Agility.

Want to give Yukari the HP-SP swap item, but I have a feeling she would die instantly. Besides, the -Dyne spells cost !!48!! SP and only do about as much damage as a melee skill, which makes you wonder why you'd even loving bother with mages. Right now Vorpal Blade does the same damage hitting normally as Garudyne does on an enemy weak to wind, except Vorpal Blade can crit. And it only costs 150-ish HP, which is nothing since Healing Breeze and the skill that gives 5% HP at the end of every turn heals for about 100. Yukari is only on my team out of loyalty for all the times she saved my rear end with heals in P3 FES.

Did you know you can only have 3 buffs at the same time? If you have Power Charge up on Kanji, and you then cast all three buff skills on him, Power Charge gets bumped. Very disappointing, I wanted to see how high I could make the numbers go.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 8, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alright I'll go fill in the map to get those chests and level up in the process.

I actually tried to kill a FOE and got it really low with poison but in 8 casts or so it only stuck once, and eventually you just run out of SP.

At level 8 the labyrinth boss can kill you in 1 hit :/ her 2nd level elemental skills can take someone out even with Tarunda applied. Rei&Zan are good in that fight for having an elemental AOE so early at least, but I think I'm gonna replace them when I get the rest of the party.

It looks like at 9 and 10 you can fuse some much better subs so I might try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vengarr posted:

Did you know you can only have 3 buffs at the same time? If you have Power Charge up on Kanji, and you then cast all three buff skills on him, Power Charge gets bumped. Very disappointing, I wanted to see how high I could make the numbers go.

Yeah, that's standard EO, but treating each buff as unique means you could potentially stack something like Power Charge/Heat Riser/Tarukaja and Debilitate/Rakunda/Marakunda on a dude if you have that kind of patience.

• Locked thread