Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Equine Don posted:

Wasn't there a C-130 full of pallets of money that disappeared or something.

Oh my god that was such amateur hour loving bullshit dreamed up by some rear end in a top hat who saw Ocean's Eleven one too loving many times. Actually stealing physical money? What a loving chump. Everyone else was taking out massive loans to front donations to the RNC and then sucking the sweet sweet teat of contracting money from Bremer or whoever and never delivering a god drat thing. You had a powerpoint with a few buzzwords, a couple of connections with whatever closeted Republican was getting bj's in airport bathrooms and you had a willingness to quote John Galt and you could pretty do anything you loving wanted.

And that not even counting the contractors we let carry guns jesus christ those guys were a whole new loving level.

Iraq 2003-now is basically every paranoid 70's thriller writers most unbelievable unpublished novel of colossal government conspiracy and incompetence times a loving thousand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
step one - kill all baby boomers
step two - epic bender
step three - kill all gen x
step four - nuke everything from Egypt to China
step five - epicer bender

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

iyaayas01 posted:

I feel like that was in Iraq but I could completely believe it happening in Afghanistan too.

fake edit: Yeah it was Iraq.

Yeah so this kinda sums it all up, both in its idiocy and genius:

quote:

Q: "But the fact is billions of dollars have disappeared without trace."

Oliver: "Of their money. Billions of dollars of their money, yeah I understand. I'm saying what difference does it make?"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

step two - epic bender

pretty sure a world full of nothing but millenials would suck even worse

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Early Iraq is the reason why the government almost only issues firm fixed price contracts now. I forget how many billions were wasted on time and material contracts issued to KBR and Halliburton, but it's a loltastic amount.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If you aren't willing to chance a world of millenials in exchange for everyone old dead and the Horn of Africa, middle east and Asia being a giant glass parking lot then I don't know what to say man.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

step two - epic bender

Look, I don't wanna get all "hose everything down in nuclear fire," but I think the world would take us a lot more seriously if we like just minorly nuked ISIS or whoever runs their suck at us next. What's wrong with that? We have these things, gently caress it, let's pop one off every once in a while. Then President Obama could go on tv just like Putin and be like, "what, us? No, must have been some other power in the region with nuclear weapons that flattened a shithole syrian city overnight"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

step two - epic bender
Thing is I hate a good portion of my generation and they should die too.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

iyaayas01 posted:

The amount of money that has literally been wasted in Afghanistan is obscene.

Waste is the point. Keep the local warlords and defense contractors sweet.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

iyaayas01 posted:

I feel like that was in Iraq but I could completely believe it happening in Afghanistan too.

fake edit: Yeah it was Iraq.

The classics never go out of style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csv1wXOr5tY

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Early Iraq is the reason why the government almost only issues firm fixed price contracts now. I forget how many billions were wasted on time and material contracts issued to KBR and Halliburton, but it's a loltastic amount.

My favorite is these guys for their outright brazenness: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/09/AR2006030902150.html

quote:

He testified that of the 36 trucks the firm supplied, 34 did not work. When he confronted Battles, he said Battles responded: "You asked for trucks and we complied with our contract and it is immaterial whether the trucks were operational."

Custer and Battles both took the stand to deny that the offshore companies were designed to trick the government into paying more.

Their wikipedia page lists a whole pile of other contracting issues those guys were up to.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Reuters) - Pakistani helicopter gunships staged a predawn raid on a militant hideout on Saturday and shot dead a top al-Qaeda operative wanted for plotting to bomb the New York subway system, the military said.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has offered a $5 million reward for the capture of Saudi national Adnan el-Shukrijumah, 39, who it said was believed to be al-Qaeda's external operations chief at one time.

Shukrijumah, who had a Guyanese passport, was the most senior al-Qaeda member ever killed by the Pakistani military.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/12/06/pakistan-military-militants-idINKBN0JK08I20141206

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Must've been by accident.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
They probably stopped listening to what the ISI was telling them to do.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

not caring here posted:

Must've been by accident.
They were probably going to hand over the helicopters. However, because they were up so early, they were cold; somebody sneezed, and whammo: dead people. Big oopsie-daisy.

Never would have happened if they had been wearing their PT belts.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Waroduce posted:

Reuters) - Pakistani helicopter gunships staged a predawn raid on a militant hideout on Saturday and shot dead a top al-Qaeda operative wanted for plotting to bomb the New York subway system, the military said.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has offered a $5 million reward for the capture of Saudi national Adnan el-Shukrijumah, 39, who it said was believed to be al-Qaeda's external operations chief at one time.

Shukrijumah, who had a Guyanese passport, was the most senior al-Qaeda member ever killed by the Pakistani military.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/12/06/pakistan-military-militants-idINKBN0JK08I20141206

Somebody forget to pay his bribes, and the Paki military (LOL) is showing everyone why they needed to pay up.

After all, they gotta make sure to be able to afford all the poo poo they bought on Walmart.com for Black Friday.

Edit:

:tinfoil: Or, he was about to be captured by the US and the Paki leadership didn't want him singing like a goddamn canary. :tinfoil:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

Look, I don't wanna get all "hose everything down in nuclear fire," but I think the world would take us a lot more seriously if we like just minorly nuked ISIS or whoever runs their suck at us next. What's wrong with that? We have these things, gently caress it, let's pop one off every once in a while. Then President Obama could go on tv just like Putin and be like, "what, us? No, must have been some other power in the region with nuclear weapons that flattened a shithole syrian city overnight"

gently caress that just carpet bomb any major cities the goatfuckers control with some of these bad boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmRASCHJe2Q

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

50 Foot Ant posted:

Somebody forget to pay his bribes...

Yeah, I think so little of the Pakistanis that this was the first thing to pop into my head. Either that, or AQ has fallen so far down the food chain post-ISIS that the ISI decided to cash him in for brownie points with Uncle Sucker.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

gently caress that just carpet bomb any major cities the goatfuckers control with some of these bad boys

Good loving god.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Good loving god.

human rights watch.org posted:

The [blast] kill mechanism against living targets is unique--and unpleasant.... What kills is the pressure wave, and more importantly, the subsequent rarefaction [vacuum], which ruptures the lungs.... If the fuel deflagrates but does not detonate, victims will be severely burned and will probably also inhale the burning fuel. Since the most common FAE fuels, ethylene oxide and propylene oxide, are highly toxic, undetonated FAE should prove as lethal to personnel caught within the cloud as most chemical agents.(8)

a very unpleasant way to die, very painful. sucks your lungs out through your mouth, while lighting you on fire and covering you in poisonous chemicals if it doesn't light you on fire.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

What's the point of bombing religious fanatics hell bent on dragging their people back into the stone age, into the stone age? They seem to be doing a perfectly good job themselves.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

a very unpleasant way to die, very painful. sucks your lungs out through your mouth, while lighting you on fire and covering you in poisonous chemicals if it doesn't light you on fire.

That's metal as gently caress.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Courthouse posted:

What's the point of bombing religious fanatics hell bent on dragging their people back into the stone age, into the stone age? They seem to be doing a perfectly good job themselves.

to make them dead this isnt hard to comprehend

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I support the "give the Kurds a chunk, then let the Turks and Persians have the rest" plan. Things weren't too bad in the ME back when the Turks and Persians were in charge. It's when the Europeans gave it back to the Arabs that everything went to crap.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

That's metal as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzejqYRtmdY

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Courthouse posted:

because they won't do it fast enough on their own

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Which of you gassed the furry convention in Chicago?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-19-hospitalized-thousands-evacuated-in-gas-leak-at-rosemont-hotel-20141207-story.html

quote:

“It was shocking,” said Smejkal while standing outside the hotel dressed in a red panda animal suit.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Hahahah god bless that person

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's really funny.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Chlorine gas attack, that's pretty old school.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

"He died as he would have wanted to go, asphyxiated in a red panda suit."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It was probably a furry who did it. Trying to outdo that guy who threw himself down a flight of stairs some years back.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Probably Literal Nazi Furry, I would say.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
There is some good left in the world :unsmith:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
Put a bunch of unsupervised mentally ill people in the same place and something bad is bound to happen.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hunterhr posted:

Put a bunch of unsupervised mentally ill people in the same place and something bad is bound to happen.

I haven't seen a VA hospital get shot up yet

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeris posted:

I haven't seen a VA hospital get shot up yet

:smith:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Definitely not me.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

I support the "give the Kurds a chunk, then let the Turks and Persians have the rest" plan. Things weren't too bad in the ME back when the Turks and Persians were in charge. It's when the Europeans gave it back to the Arabs that everything went to crap.

I am 100% behind being best buds with Iran again.

• Locked thread