Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

I finished the Sith Warrior Act 3 and good lord that was satisfying. It took 40 levels to deal with Baras but man was it worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Blhue posted:

you're doing it wrong

My mistake I thought it said yolo mode

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is the only way to unlock HK-51 to do the series of missions, then pay 1 mil per alt? That seems like a waste.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

pentyne posted:

Is the only way to unlock HK-51 to do the series of missions, then pay 1 mil per alt? That seems like a waste.

You could do the missions on each alt, depending on whether you'd rather spend time or money. The unlock can also be bought with CCs.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Nipponophile posted:

You could do the missions on each alt, depending on whether you'd rather spend time or money. The unlock can also be bought with CCs.

I thought you had to do the mission on one character (well, two kind of, since one part will be on the other faction's homeworld), then then you had the choice of doing the missions again/spending a million spacebucks/throwing CC at it for your other ones?

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I'd like to get better at playing a DPS role, and it seems the way to do that is to practice against the training dummy and evaluate how I do with a combat log parser. What tools for combat log parsing are still viable in 3.0? Torparse appears to be dead.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Parsec still works.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The new skill system takes a bit to get used to, but I'm liking it much more then the previous. Having abilities that proc get highlighted on the UI makes it much easier to know when its ready for use.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

pentyne posted:

The new skill system takes a bit to get used to, but I'm liking it much more then the previous. Having abilities that proc get highlighted on the UI makes it much easier to know when its ready for use.

I just wish you could filter buffs/debuffs. I don't really care about teammates having other class buffs but I want my buffs to be really big so I can pick them out and junk.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

I just wish you could filter buffs/debuffs. I don't really care about teammates having other class buffs but I want my buffs to be really big so I can pick them out and junk.

In some respects you can now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Generally, keeping track of debuffs tends to be more important than your buffs; if you go into the interface manager, there's an editor that allows you to increase the size of your debuff icons so that it's a lot more noticeable when you're affected by one.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Generally, keeping track of debuffs tends to be more important than your buffs; if you go into the interface manager, there's an editor that allows you to increase the size of your debuff icons so that it's a lot more noticeable when you're affected by one.

I'm playing a Sawbones so I have to keep my HoTs on people and keep track of whether I can use my UH heal on them again yet and crap.

I actually spent some time earlier messing with the interface editor and gently caress that, I'm just gonna grab something complete from swtorui.com

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I am a returning player, I had a juggernaut lvl 28 named Rednoise, you might get some whisper from me to ask to be in the guild!

Where can I find some information how to play my class with all the changes?

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 7, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I see me, Storril, Oeddard, Symala, Arsit all made 60. Adonnta and Bedinok were close...Savarra and Adonnta, gonna make it by Tuesday so we can start doing some raiding? :)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Holy poo poo, gently caress the new raid bosses. The Underlurker has two instant raid wipe moves it uses in rapid succession and one requires raid wide spacial awareness on the fly and ARGH

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Let's say I want to buy artifact equipment authorisation on a ftp account without cartel coins. Is there any way I can buy X amount of <Y item under 200,000 credits> then trade it to a goon who can buy the item off the market for 1 million credits?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So started looking at the tank gear on the basic comm vendor in detail - It's seriously frustratingly bad. Almost every single piece is worse than my 180 gear. It's very high in endurance, high in willpower, but low in defense/shield/absorb.

The good news is, There are some decent 186 enhancements that can be made by artifice (60 endurance, 68 absorb, 102 shield) so I can at least make some of those to get my gear in check.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

AdorableStar posted:

Let's say I want to buy artifact equipment authorisation on a ftp account without cartel coins. Is there any way I can buy X amount of <Y item under 200,000 credits> then trade it to a goon who can buy the item off the market for 1 million credits?

I think this is only useful for people who want to do the classic pre Rise of the Hutt Cartel raiding. If you get ROTC or SoR, you can equip artifact gear (purps) level 50 and above.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Can someone explain to me why the Fleet Commendation cap is 10,000 but space missions only give 7 to 11 and the daily GSF mission is worth 40?

I'm guessing nobody ever hits that cap huh?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
No one does either of those things so

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

I see me, Storril, Oeddard, Symala, Arsit all made 60. Adonnta and Bedinok were close...Savarra and Adonnta, gonna make it by Tuesday so we can start doing some raiding? :)

I'll be in the middle of a ridiculous business trip so I won't be available on Tuesday. I'll be back for Thursday at least. I doubt I'll be able to hit 60 before Thursday, I've never played on my laptop before. Though I guess I can set it up. (In Chicago now, San Jose monday, Dallas Tuesday, home Wednesday late :toot:)

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
I've hit 60 on Chile, but I'm holding off on Nacho and Taco until after Tuesday when the abilities become free. Same thing on Chile, I haven't bought the lvl 60 abilities. I /gquit on Pollo to free up guild space. Still haven't killed Revan because of the bug, i'll wait till that's sorted.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I hit 60 on Rexyalia, I'll probably take my other alts to 60 over the next few weeks, but I will try to jump in on raids as a healer when I can.

Has anyone noticed their characters ending up in the Fleet by the Korriban/Tython shuttle areas when you log out of your stronghold? It keeps happening and annoys the poo poo out of me because I have a vendor and a GTN terminal in my strongholds and never need to go to the fleet for selling mats.

Also, what is verpine fabric being used for? Most research compounds sell like garbage but for some reason the verpine stuff sells for nearly 100k. I would assume because so few people have investigation as a crew skill.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 7, 2014

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

pentyne posted:

Also, what is verpine fabric being used for? Most research compounds sell like garbage but for some reason the verpine stuff sells for nearly 100k. I would assume because so few people have investigation as a crew skill.

Purple cunning and aim barrels.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I have started playing this again for the first time since launch. No idea how long I will play.
It would be nice to play with goons, but I am a Brit. I assume there is no goon presence on any of the European servers?
I'll give it a go on Jedi Covenant and see how it goes.

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
Brit here too, playing on JC. There's usually people online, so long as you don't play early mornings. The only real down side for me is the raiding schedule runs a bit too late for me to manage, but if that's not something that bothers you, give it a shot.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do we have a no-AC 60 yet? Can anyone post 55warrior.jpeg?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Baron Porkface posted:

Do we have a no-AC 60 yet? Can anyone post 55warrior.jpeg?
There's a Bounty Hunter 60.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Finally beat Revan with my jugg. Turns out you just need to pull him to the gate to prevent him from bugging out and murdering the party. I have no idea if i can be bothered going through that again with my sniper.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
So outside of leveling alts what is there to do after hitting 60? Are the two Rishi flashpoints the only new flashpoints that were added?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would be honestly surprised if Tuesday doesn't involve a patch fixing some of the Revan bugginess.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So outside of leveling alts what is there to do after hitting 60? Are the two Rishi flashpoints the only new flashpoints that were added?

There are the two new ops and 4 level 60 HM flashpoints. Rewards are getting fixed on Tuesday though so it wouldn't surprise me if people weren't just working on alts right now.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Eltoasto posted:

There are the two new ops and 4 level 60 HM flashpoints. Rewards are getting fixed on Tuesday though so it wouldn't surprise me if people weren't just working on alts right now.

Anyone tried the Ops yet? I've seen some streams and the Ravagers actually looks more fun, plus you can kill the Lich King solo anyway.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Blhue posted:

I would be honestly surprised if Tuesday doesn't involve a patch fixing some of the Revan bugginess.

I would assume so but geez that fight is a mess. It wasn't until take 6 or 7 that I realised theres actually supposed to be a mechanic with floating orbs involved in the fight.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They can take their time fixing the fight, it's not like anyone is getting to it anyway right now with the perma-camped mobs you need to progress the quest. :)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I just now did Maelstrom Prison for the first time, and IIRC the Imperial flashpoint sequence never actually meets Revan - so I just saw that he has some weird Face/Off kind of thing going where half his face has a different tone than the rest and looks grafted on. The gently caress.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Tezzeract posted:

Anyone tried the Ops yet? I've seen some streams and the Ravagers actually looks more fun, plus you can kill the Lich King solo anyway.

10/10 SM, 1/10 HM. The Revan fight is very, very different solo and ops - in fact the ops version is bugged so that it doesn't finish your story quest! So if you want to see the story, do the solo mode. Also, last boss on both ops is currently bugged to not drop ANY loot.

As for which op is more fun? Temple of Sacrifice, by far.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Medullah posted:

They can take their time fixing the fight, it's not like anyone is getting to it anyway right now with the perma-camped mobs you need to progress the quest. :)

Encountered one last night that was getting spawn hit by an Assassin over and over. He'd hit it once and then bug out, kept doing it every respawn.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Am I missing something or do none of the classes have any... flow? I haven't played this game much in the past year, so maybe I've forgotten what it's like. But I have been playing a lot of FFXIV and GW2 lately and, especially in FF14, the abilities kind of lead into each other and make sense both thematically and mechanically with each other. This game just seems to vomit skills at you and while I can kill stuff with my nearly 20 Jedi Guardian, Trooper and Sniper, every battle is disjointed and I'm just hitting whatever random button that is available.

It took me an hour of studying the discipline trees each time I hit 10 to decide on one and when I did, it was still a pretty random choice as nothing stood out or was compelling between them. The descriptions aren't very good either if all you're looking for is a thematic or role playing choice.

I thought this was what the talent update in this expansion was supposed to fix but I think it made it worse. I would look up end game rotations and stuff but I really, really hate doing that. Besides, with as simple as it is, it should be self evident. From the looks of it, the problem is that they don't give you your full rotation until the end game, which from what I hear is also a problem in current WoW.

Anyway, I wish they would just do the FF14 thing of giving you everything early and adding a II at level 60 if they can't do it right. But for the love of god stop giving me more useless skills I'll never remember to use!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone got an opinion on augmenting main stat vs power now? My sniper and merc were in main stat before, because of the +X% to main stat in skill trees, but now that's gone so will it still be best to go main?

• Locked thread