Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since my question got no answers, I'm just going to guess no. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

i thought we already stopped posting bad opinions

I don't even know what a bad opinion is anymore.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

make a jpn psn account, buy the jpn psp version by buying some japan psn store cards, and then buy the dlc from the store as well

that should work, unless there's something special about the dlc im not aware of

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Cake Attack posted:

make a jpn psn account, buy the jpn psp version by buying some japan psn store cards, and then buy the dlc from the store as well

that should work, unless there's something special about the dlc im not aware of

So it's still up? I thought it was down.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Armor-Piercing posted:

Persona Meatstery Dungeon, in which Chie enters a portal to the meat dimension.

We're getting Etrian Odyssey x Mystery Dungeon, so another Atlas property getting the treatment would be the lest surprising thing ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alteisen posted:

Persona and your posts in this thread are literally one and the same.

Ah so they are good? Thank you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Don Gato posted:

I don't even know what a bad opinion is anymore.

All opinions are beautiful and should be cherished.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

Ah so they are good? Thank you.

your posts are the screams of my heart's pathos

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's a lot of focus on smartphones in the trailer, and an ad for one with a P in the initials. Could this be a secret SMT game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chaos rhames posted:

There's a lot of focus on smartphones in the trailer, and an ad for one with a P in the initials. Could this be a secret SMT game?

Smartphones will probably play a part in the game but if just because Japan is All About The loving Smartphones right now. I doubt it'll be a Demon Summoning App.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every Slink is going to be developed through texting and the max S. Link will be seeing the person in real life.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

ImpAtom posted:

Smartphones will probably play a part in the game but if just because Japan is All About The loving Smartphones right now. I doubt it'll be a Demon Summoning App.

but what if its a demon summoning app disguised as Puzzle and Dragons? Every micro-transaction is taken by Nyx as an indication all of humanity actually wants to die.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Oh man there are enemies in the sun that can Power Charge + Ragnarok before you get a chance to do anything, never change Atlus :allears:

e: "This seal prevents you from using your Atma powers during battle." Well gently caress you too, Schroedinger!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beef Waifu posted:

Every Slink is going to be developed through texting and the max S. Link will be seeing the person in real life.

You mean sexting, yes?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So every slink would be the Hermit from P3?

I'm fine with that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

kirbysuperstar posted:

You mean sexting, yes?

You sent Yukari a picture of your Mara.

The bond between you has grown!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

MotU posted:

your posts are the screams of my heart's pathos

You might say it's a Heartful Cry.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

You sent Yukari a picture of your Mara.

The bond between you has grown!

If you do it early does the link reverse or do you just game over

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh the SMT thread is acting up again. Probably just bad opinion time again.

...No wait there's P5 news.

Oh :saddowns:

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
FYI, Persona 4 AU is going for $30 on Amazon. It's a pretty good deal as the game is recent.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
I'm at the point in DDS2 where you can fight Shiva and Vishnu but you have to grind for absurdly rare drops from Narasimha and Parvati first. Was afraid it would take a while, but I did some research and according to GameFAQs Parvati and Narasimha only appear when Solar Noise is 5/8 or greater.

Of course this is not alluded to in game :v:

But yeah, if anyone here has yet to play DDS2, you can make the drops easier to find by using a Magic Reed when Noise is at 5/8 and switching to Estoma Spray at 4/8 waning. I managed to get both the pinaka and nandaka in about an hour of grinding mantras with that strategy :toot:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
In Nocturne, how can I lock myself out of the other endings when going through the Kalpas? Also, I told the four horsemen in the third kalpa to go away and they threatened me, so I presume I'm still at the neutral because I may have also told YHWH to gently caress off too. Would that also lock me out of the other endings?

How hard are the other kalpas and how much do I need to grind?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
The only ending lock in Amala happens after you fight Metatron in the Fifth Kalpa.

Kalpa 4 and 5 are gonna kick your rear end a fair bit. You might need to grind and fuse to deal with some Kalpa 5 bosses.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
anyone else ever notice how all the lotus juice battle music sounds like a 2 unlimited track from the 90s

its a good thing, but its kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBq7f4UjLg

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Dunno much about the Persona soundtracks since they're not my cup of tea, but I really like the rest of the series.

SMT osts from back in Megami Tensei days incorporated different aspects of music, namely Thrash, Funk, Blues and anything dance or House from the 80s and 90s.

I do like how they took all of that and kept adding to while sometimes outright using the same baselines or similar samples.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Why was DDR: SMT never a thing?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

laplace posted:

Why was DDR: SMT never a thing?

But there's Persona 4 Dancing All Night?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Starring Dante from the Devil May Cry series, right?

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

But there's Persona 4 Dancing All Night?

but, like, what if demi-fiend and serph could get their groove on to hot melancholic jams?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

but, like, what if demi-fiend and serph could get their groove on to hot melancholic jams?

Man don't make me disappointed about stuff that I really want that'll never happen. :(

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Dancing all Night is going to be great.

But SMT:DDR is where you bust out a dance pad and stomp your feet to bad 2000's eurotrash house music remixes of all the SMT songs.

Seriously this is a thing that should have happened in 2003.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hubris.height posted:

anyone else ever notice how all the lotus juice battle music sounds like a 2 unlimited track from the 90s

its a good thing, but its kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMBq7f4UjLg

I always thought it was more Real Mccoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pav2f4b-1ZE

Maybe it's just 90s in general. The date may say 2008 but it's actually 1995 music. Japan always seems to sample or be inspired from a lot of pop music. Sonic CD's Japanese track was basically 808 State's albums.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzU8gO82uPI

Speaking of Persona sound alikes...

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

uncleKitchener posted:

In Nocturne, how can I lock myself out of the other endings when going through the Kalpas? Also, I told the four horsemen in the third kalpa to go away and they threatened me, so I presume I'm still at the neutral because I may have also told YHWH to gently caress off too. Would that also lock me out of the other endings?

How hard are the other kalpas and how much do I need to grind?

Telling the four horsemen to gently caress off doesn't change much. IIRC they will still attack you if you're in the areas where their fights trigger and you will still get their candelabra from defeating them. I'm not sure if defeating Metatron locks your ending or not, but reaching the bottom of the Fifth Kalpa and meeting with the Old Man locks you into the True Demon Ending. However, once you enter the Tower of Kagutsuchi your ending is completely locked and cannot be altered. If you enter the Tower before completing the Labyrinth you will not get the TDE.

IIRC you get the Neutral endings/paths if you support more than one Reason or support none of the Reasons and do not complete the Labyrinth of Amala. The type of Neutral ending you get depends on how you respond to Aradia when she possesses Yuko, I think just after completing Yoyogi Park.

Once you defeat the Red Rider, though, fuse him. He is probably the best of the Fiends and will carry you through some tough poo poo. His unique skill Terror Blade is Physical but casts from MP instead of HP, hits all enemies, and I think can inflict confusion. He's also got some excellent resistances and is perfect for fighting Beelzebub.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All the Fiends in Nocturne are honestly ridiculous, except maybe Hell Biker.

In fact I would even go so far as to recommend you not use them anywhere but the Kalpas. They break the game with their frankly stupid good resistance sets.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have you not played a megami tensei game before? You must break the game, or the game will break you. Breaking is winning. :getin:

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

Blind them with fog breathe and punch them to death, if all else fails. This goes for everyone.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well yes, but usually that requires something resembling effort.

With the Fiends in Nocturne, not so much since they're amazing out of the box. You never really fuse anything else with innate resistances like that until you hit the Tyrants and even they don't get quite that good despite being around double the level.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Neurion posted:

He is probably the best of the Fiends
...aside from Daisoujou :colbert:

A demon that early with Prayer, effectively infinite MP (that he can transfer to other demons or the Demifiend with Makatora), and powerful status attacks? And it also resists all elements. Get buffs on him and he's the only support demon you'll need in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

It'll be developed by posting on the internet.

this thread can be the autism arcanum