Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tarquinn posted:

Don't forget his nephew, working in the sex industry and famous for his reacharounds, Hando Calrissian.

actually that's his niece now, trando calrissian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Otisburg posted:

No that is Lando's horrible lizard person sister in-law

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

SirPhoebos posted:

Keep in mind that both authors on their own are poo poo-dispensing Sampos (Sampoes?)

:confused: I thought a Sampo was a strapless evening gown.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a video of some diehard fans experiencing that moment. Some Australian filmmakers made a documentary called The Phandom Menace where they followed some fans around and interviewed them immediately before and after seeing Ep 1 for the first time. Skip ahead to 24:00 for the fans lining up to see the first midnight screening and then skip ahead to 31:15 to see their reactions immediately afterwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSDtIahsF0

jesus christ

these post-film reactions are absolutely cringe-worthy

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

jesus christ

I wish more people would make videos of these things, they're always great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHi1zaN0ooc

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

jesus christ

i'm the guy who's like "no you just need to keep watching it again and again till you do like it."

e: jesus it's like 5 guys who are toeing that line in the video.

i love star wars i do and he loves me so much it makes him crazy sometimes is all. it was my fault for provoking him. he says he'll never do it again

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 7, 2014

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i'm watching the beginning of season 6 of the clone wars on a friends recommendation and it's actually p good?

a premature triggering of "order 66" in a single clone sets off a passable star wars conspiracy thriller type plot and i find it's actually engaging and i actually care how it plays out

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 7, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Lol'd really hard at the calrissian poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

She gained a bunch of weight and became lardo calrissian

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c__EdPiU0No

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Watched that for a few minutes. Wasnt bad but i dont like the way they drew the characters

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

PostNouveau posted:

She gained a bunch of weight and became lardo calrissian

I think you meant Glando Calrissian.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
What, no love for the unremarkable Calrissian that nobody remembers, Blando Calrissian?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is it an explicit rule that all planets in Star Wars need to be a single biome, or just tradition? Are EU writers allowed to make planets with varied ecosystems?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

this is the best EU character http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Soon_Bayts

also wookiepedia is dumb http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Paper

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is it an explicit rule that all planets in Star Wars need to be a single biome, or just tradition? Are EU writers allowed to make planets with varied ecosystems?

It's either incredible laziness by the various writers or an intentional homage to older sci-fi, depending on how charitable you want to be. Tatooine for example is clearly an homage/ripoff of Dune's Arrakis.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

tbf aren't most planets/moons that we know of pretty homogeneous in terms of climate/geology? earth is kinda the exception there

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Otisburg posted:

i'm watching the beginning of season 6 of the clone wars on a friends recommendation and it's actually p good?

a premature triggering of "order 66" in a single clone sets off a passable star wars conspiracy thriller type plot and i find it's actually engaging and i actually care how it plays out

There's a reason the clone wars series is the only non-movie thing disney decided to keep canon. It's unironically pretty good and gives prople like anakin and obi-wan actual personalities and depth.

Oh god im seriousposting about star wars send help.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

tbf aren't most planets/moons that we know of pretty homogeneous in terms of climate/geology? earth is kinda the exception there

Yep.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My favorite part of the article.

Sue Rostoni posted:

"When the character Soon Baytes was first introduced, in Jedi Council: Acts of War (2000), someone else was editing the comics…"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ranbo das posted:

There's a reason the clone wars series is the only non-movie thing disney decided to keep canon. It's unironically pretty good and gives prople like anakin and obi-wan actual personalities and depth.

Oh god im seriousposting about star wars send help.

Nah its bad, hth. Its like, mostly bad with some good arcs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
In Season Five of the Clone Wars TV Series, Anakin's padawan gets framed for a crime. She doesn't actually trust Anakin enough to protect her so she goes on the run with her ex-Sith archenemy to become a bounty hunter.

I would totally watch "two renegade Jedi and Sith teenagers travel the galaxy as bounty hunters while running from the crazed religious fanatics on both sides that consider them traitors."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tarquinn posted:

What, no love for the unremarkable Calrissian that nobody remembers, Blando Calrissian?

And what about his extremely conservative, libertarian sibling, Rando Calrissian?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

kingcom posted:

Nah its bad, hth. Its like, mostly bad with some good arcs.

"with some good" means great in EU terms.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
then there was the family member who had unusually high levels of electrolytes, brawndo calrissian

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

dog buttz posted:

"with some good" means great in EU terms.

I mean I guess if your going by EU terms. They aren't Ice-cream guy good though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
There was that one guy that got rich selling tiger figurines, Hundo Calrissian

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Howard Beale posted:

then there was the family member who had unusually high levels of electrolytes, brawndo calrissian

Or the tropical fruit mogul, Banando Calrissian.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Real talk though the best thing to come out of Star Wars is Battlefront 1 & 2 :colbert:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

IAmThatIs posted:

Real talk though the best thing to come out of Star Wars is Battlefront 1 & 2 :colbert:

You mean TIE Fighter and/or KOTOR2?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Sombrerotron posted:

I gave up on the NJO not even halfway through Vector Prime, mostly because that was sufficient to make me absolutely loathe the concept of the Yuuzhan Vong, but also because I recall that everyone seemed to be out of character all the time. Luke and co. have never been friends with Fey'lya! They don't chummily call him by his first name every time they talk to him!!

it was pretty daft how noted conservative, racist senator borsk fey'lya got to make some sort of huge heroic sacrifice when he was most notably known for being a conniving political antagonist who took glee in enforcing weird ideas of bothan supremacy (eg: gavin and asyr)

loving eu, man

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

george lucas came up with this name at a seafood restaurant

Kranrev
Jun 1, 2000

"No damn cat, and no damn cradle."

mr.capps posted:

if your favorite character is the blue guy who is a really good at strategy because he likes to look at the art of different alien species you are a smelly poop

You poked my heart

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

IAmThatIs posted:

battlefront 2 was garbage because it became less about learning to get good at certain classes than it was "the jedi wins"

also the space levels and vehicles were terrible

also they took away the ability to death star planets in galactic conquest mode

also they ruined galactic conquest mode in general

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

empire at war still had the best space battles in any star wars game ever

except maybe the x-wing series

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
An old friend of mine once went on an EU research tangent on the adventures of Lobot, Lando's cyborg secretary, because he suddenly remembered/realized/decided that Lobot was awesome.

I think that's pretty much the best place to be in, as far as how to appreciate Star Wars - focus on the things that are bad in such a way that they become funny, and therefore good.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lobot rules, he saved an entire solar system of cute aliens and thousands of children

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

ThePutty posted:

empire at war still had the best space battles in any star wars game ever

except maybe the x-wing series

I remember nearly melting my pc trying to play a mod that redid all the ship models to scale including the super star destroyer...

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

david... posted:

I remember nearly melting my pc trying to play a mod that redid all the ship models to scale including the super star destroyer...

That seems hilariously unwieldy. I mean the super star destroyer they put in was already ridiculously huge to begin with and took like 10 minutes to turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

david... posted:

those mods were always hilarious because the engine itself couldn't handle a ship size over a certain limit. you'd get these massive ships that would sort of turn aimlessly in random directions and barely ever respond to where you actually wanted it to go

• Locked thread