Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Free vacation day on the 26th. Thanks Obama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
yep, easily 90% or better of vehicle burglaries here are unlocked cars, which everybody leaves their vehicles unlocked. We just had one not too long ago where the thief got a gun some money and grannies prescription pills.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Branis posted:

yep, easily 90% or better of vehicle burglaries here are unlocked cars, which everybody leaves their vehicles unlocked. We just had one not too long ago where the thief got a gun some money and grannies prescription pills.

If you leave a gun in your car, and the poo poo is unlocked, how are you not somewhat responsible for the gun now being in a criminal's possession?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

chartley posted:

'Does any one know how to make a paramedic come quicker'.

I have been reliably informed that the louder you scream the faster they come.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Smiling Jack posted:

I have been reliably informed that the louder you scream the faster they come.

Thank you. I will relay that back upon my return to work.... In 2015. I love saying that.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

This happens everywhere. Especially in townhouse, condo, or cookie cutter close together house neighborhoods. Seriously put a camera facing your driveway and wait. Probably see the fuckers once or twice a week. Really bad in "nice" areas where people choose to not lock their doors or keep expensive poo poo in plain sight.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Untagged posted:

This happens everywhere. Especially in townhouse, condo, or cookie cutter close together house neighborhoods. Seriously put a camera facing your driveway and wait. Probably see the fuckers once or twice a week. Really bad in "nice" areas where people choose to not lock their doors or keep expensive poo poo in plain sight.

Oh I'm positive it happens where I live.....one time I woke up and two brand new tahoes were on blocks and the thieves didn't realize you also had to have a key fob to get out so they rammed our gate. This is at a place in texas that costs like 1600 a month. I never leave anything in view and all of my stereo stuff looks 100% stock

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Untagged posted:

Amazing how many people check your car door handles to see if they are unlocked at night.

Yeah, I know. We're in a bedroom community to a larger city, so the majority of our crime is pot sales and popping handles on cars. Most of our lame criminals aren't even motivated enough to break windows.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Why go through the effort of breaking when you can score a ton of good poo poo from already unlocked cars.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

justice4trayvawn posted:

If you leave a gun in your car, and the poo poo is unlocked, how are you not somewhat responsible for the gun now being in a criminal's possession?

God I wish I could arrest people for simply being stupid.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

Are there no laws on the books that make people criminally liable for stuff like that? I mean you can't leave a gun out in a house with a child in it, different scenario but still idk

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

justice4trayvawn posted:

Are there no laws on the books that make people criminally liable for stuff like that? I mean you can't leave a gun out in a house with a child in it, different scenario but still idk

How is this any different than "well she was dressed like a slut obviously she was asking for it."?

I don't agree with leaving your doors unlocked, but I will defend with my life your right to do it. :patriot:

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

How is this any different than "well she was dressed like a slut obviously she was asking for it."?

I don't agree with leaving your doors unlocked, but I will defend with my life your right to do it. :patriot:

It isnt :mrapig:

Groveling Toast
Jun 2, 2008

Took three years but I finally snagged Sunday as an off day, I feel all classy and poo poo

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
I'm the dumbass that leaves his car unlocked.

I had a gerber and a folding knife stolen in front of my parents house. My ipod got stolen where I live now. In both cases I was more concerned about whatever junkie bodily fluid slime remained in my vehicle.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I left the door to my mom's car unlocked overnight in my grandparents driveway. They stole Raiders of the Lost Ark on VHS. I just got it from McDonalds.

Why couldn't it have been Mr. Mom?

This has been an epidemic since the early 90's at least.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

How hard is it to push a button to lock your doors? gently caress.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

It's called "Public Intoxication" in Texas.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Neighbor lady at my apartment building (nice Christian type) always leaves her car unlocked, and nothing in it. Well, for a while, she had a little wooden rosary hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Yuuuuuuuup. :smith:

I suspect the only thing keeping smash'n'grabs on the apartments themselves from happening is people almost always being home in one unit or another. Pretty sure the coin-op laundry on site got raided a few years back, though.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Reign Of Pain posted:

Free vacation day on the 26th. Thanks Obama!

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
EMS goon here. I had a double stabbing on friday, and I just wanted to say that we really do appreciate it when you guys run and grab supplies for us. When a dude is making snow angels in his own blood, there's no such thing as too many extra hands.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Doppelganger posted:

EMS goon here. I had a double stabbing on friday, and I just wanted to say that we really do appreciate it when you guys run and grab supplies for us. When a dude is making snow angels in his own blood, there's no such thing as too many extra hands.

I love our medics. When we had a fight/stabbing the medics were throwing down with us. It makes up for all the times they stage 2 blocks away for an old lady lol.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Doppelganger posted:

And this is exactly when our EMS guys would STAGE and be like you guys have first aid training right?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I was working a concert once where we were dealing with a woman who was so high or drunk that she passed out and we couldn't revive her, so we called EMS over. They started their process and after a few sternum rubs she started coming to again, but she started struggling against the EMS guys who were trying to help her. These two medics immediately started grappling with her and rolling around as like five cops are standing there watching.

It was such a delicious role reversal that we all stood there and just basked in it for a few seconds before cuffing and shackling her.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I love our medics. When we had a fight/stabbing the medics were throwing down with us. It makes up for all the times they stage 2 blocks away for an old lady lol.
That's really more about obeying dispatch than anything. With my old partner, half the time we'd just roll up to a suicidal ideation call once we knew we had at least 1 deputy in front of us.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

chartley posted:

'Does any one know how to make a paramedic come quicker'.

You scream at dispatch, dispatch screams at us, we may or may not respond more quickly depending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc#t=95

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

I'm the dumbass that leaves his car unlocked.

I had a gerber and a folding knife stolen in front of my parents house. My ipod got stolen where I live now. In both cases I was more concerned about whatever junkie bodily fluid slime remained in my vehicle.

Yeahhh when I had a lovely beater of a car in Philly, I was also the dumbass who left it unlocked because I was sick of replacing broken windows. Didn't leave anything in my car but people still smashed their way in to have a look inside, so I said gently caress it- leaving it unlocked. Then I found a pair of men's boxers in my car one morning. Potential bodily fluids are worse than broken windows. Figured it was only a matter of time until a homeless person opened my car door and peed on the backseat before passing out or whatever.

Now I live in a nice gated community and lock the doors on my nice new car when it's parked in my driveway, still don't leave anything in there. Last month someone kicked in the car doors then jumped on the trunk and ran over the top of the car then dropped to their rear end on the hood, dented every surface that could be dented. People loving suck.

zombie303 posted:

How hard is it to push a button to lock your doors? gently caress.

It's so easy, police in MA will do it for you!

Can't imagine that would go over well anywhere.

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 9, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I dont know anyone in Houston that regularly leaves their doors unlocked unless they are parked inside their garage.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

I dont know anyone in Houston that regularly leaves their doors unlocked unless they are parked inside their garage.

Start checking car doors to be sure. Report back.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...re-from-prison/

gently caress corrections forever.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

DrakeriderCa posted:

I was working a concert once where we were dealing with a woman who was so high or drunk that she passed out and we couldn't revive her, so we called EMS over. They started their process and after a few sternum rubs she started coming to again, but she started struggling against the EMS guys who were trying to help her. These two medics immediately started grappling with her and rolling around as like five cops are standing there watching.

It was such a delicious role reversal that we all stood there and just basked in it for a few seconds before cuffing and shackling her.

then starlight tour

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Zeroisanumber posted:

You scream at dispatch, dispatch screams at us, we may or may not respond more quickly depending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc#t=95

Noted. Will singing the song help speed things up further?

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

... literally.

quote:

Four of the officers became pregnant with prison gang leader Tavon White’s baby, and two got tattooed with the gang leader’s name.
:gonk:

Actually been wondering why so many women go into corrections instead of becoming POs because the hiring standards here were similar and the academy was only another 5 or so weeks for the latter, the article says that in Maryland it is 6 weeks vs 6 months. Pretty big difference, guess that kinda makes more sense.

I've met a lot of COs who say they are scared of patrolling because they don't have immediate backup, and that they prefer the jails because it feels safer. To that I say "you're loving nuts".

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 10, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Pilot to Gunner posted:

I've met a lot of COs who say they are scared of patrolling because they don't have immediate backup...

Is there any reason other than budgeting that cops aren't always at least in pairs? Seems like sending them out alone is bad news for both the cops and anyone they have to deal with.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

You all should read the last five or so pages of the police thread. It's fantastic.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Untagged posted:

You all should read the last five or so pages of the police thread. It's fantastic.

post pics

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
tldr

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

You have made heroic attempts to keep the police thread off page 2, Untagged.

Too lazy to re-post chat about women in corrections over there. Sorry.

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 10, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Found a video of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqPmH_oGK8k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Heroic attempt to keep the police thread off page 2, Untagged.

Too lazy to re-post chat about women in corrections over there. Sorry.

p sure i knew a corrections chick that got preggo from an inmate. wonder if she had his name tatted on her titties too.

• Locked thread