Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

thank you for finding that screenshot for me

e: quote for shameful snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Vicas posted:

thank you for finding that screenshot for me

e: quote for shameful snype
np tho i'm pretty disappointed that digiorno's ever stopped apologizing

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
it was funny, dwi

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tvtropes/the-tv-tropes-revitalization-project

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Step 1: delete all the anime trivia

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Sweevo posted:

Step 1: delete all the anime trivia

step 2: figure out what to do with these empty servers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

at first i thought it might be something like "ban all the pedophiles and creeps and try to make things accessible to normals", but nope

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
thats one of the most cringeworthy kick starters i've ever read and i think 99% of it is because they keep linking to loving tropes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

just imagine what a scream The Troper's Guide to Toilet Humor must be

also how the hell is butterface "toilet humor"???

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

just imagine what a scream The Troper's Guide to Toilet Humor must be

:butt:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the tropeverse is slowly drifting away from the primitive real pop culture moorings where it was fixed to our universe, i'd totally believe a troper could come up with an entomology that skipped over "but her face"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol a troper: a person who categorizes things that happen in TV shows

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

JawnV6 posted:

entomology
i don't think that means what you think it means

also if you read the page in the picture it's very painfully clear that they are aware of the phrase's meaning

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

uncurable mlady posted:

thats one of the most cringeworthy kick starters i've ever read and i think 99% of it is because they keep linking to loving tropes

it's actually a marketing device

"see, isn't our site so lovely? don't you wanna pay us to make it less lovely so you can understand our memes better"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

also if you read the page in the picture it's very painfully clear that they are aware of the phrase's meaning

entomology is bugs with words inside

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's very painfully clear which letter should be a 'y' but that didn't stop this smug sack of poo poo from dropping onto my screen

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JawnV6 posted:

the tropeverse is slowly drifting away from the primitive real pop culture moorings where it was fixed to our universe, i'd totally believe a troper could come up with an entomology that skipped over "but her face"

yeah at this point they already spit out trope lists for things that only don't exist yet, not only will never exist, but are purportedly fan works of other things that will never exist.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

JawnV6 posted:

it's very painfully clear which letter should be a 'y' but that didn't stop this smug sack of poo poo from dropping onto my screen
huh? seriously can't tell what you're seeing in my post, if you're mad about the entomology/etymology thing i'm not sure what to tell you except maybe lighten up. if you think i was being condescending when i said "painfully clear" i was talking about how excruciatingly :regd08: that troper explanation of "butterface" is.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Nintendo Kid posted:

yeah at this point they already spit out trope lists for things that only don't exist yet, not only will never exist, but are purportedly fan works of other things that will never exist.
this is about that pony indiana jones thing isn't it, goddamn was that a page to run into in the mock thread

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

this is about that pony indiana jones thing isn't it, goddamn was that a page to run into in the mock thread

that's just one of like hundreds, maybe thousands at this point? if it was just the one it might not be as bad. an isolated incident.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
tvtropes is a bad website

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

daft punk railroad posted:

tvtropes is a bad website

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

daft punk railroad posted:

Some thing awful is a bad website

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

something awful is a bad website but not as bad as tvtropes or those pony sites

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

something awful is a bad website but not as bad as tvtropes or those pony sites

and how do u know this op

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

mlyp

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theadder posted:

and how do u know this op

the tables... they've turned!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

the tables... they've turned!

:greencube:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
denny's is the only good corporate social media because they just hired some amusing people and let them do whatever the gently caress they want

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

if you have ever read any corporate social media output then kill yourself because you are the problem

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

Sweevo posted:

if you have ever read any corporate social media output then kill yourself because you are the problem

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1096896909/custom-and-modded-gaming-controllers?ref=category

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Risks and challenges

It is pretty hard to create the custom paint jobs and cutting the controllers to precise specifications

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

i'm horn lake, ms

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sweevo posted:

lol if you dont follow the main twitter company brands because they are either funny or embarrassing to themselves

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Pledge $500 or more
Free Controller for system of your choice with your own customization

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Pledge $500 or more
Free Controller for system of your choice with your own customization

no see the controller is free because your paying $500 dollars for his dream

quote:

I am trying to create home grown company that creates awesome custom and modded controllers.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/814319279/start-a-kickstarter-page

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
can you tell kickstarter stopped manually approving submissions a couple of months ago? there's now no difference between this and indiegogo now.
also that tvtropes kickstarter, I wonder if xkcd guy knows they're using an edited uncredited version of one of his comics, or Nintendo are letting them use one of their characters.

also I just read about 100 pages of this thread through a week, that sure was worth my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
That happened like two years ago.

• Locked thread