Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

How would we get the jews to shut the gently caress up without giving them a case of the prussian blues though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why would you not want to give them a case of the prussian blues?

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Bolow posted:

How would we get the jews to shut the gently caress up without giving them a case of the prussian blues though?

They both hate arabs though, plenty of common ground to find.

Chances are that once they get the bomb we'll see things calm down a bit as people stop talking about how much they should bomb Tehran. They'll still say mean things about one another and gently caress around with proxies and espionage of course, but that's another story.

Letting the local powers duke it out over the control over Mesopotamia would also mean they are busying themselves with other matters than trying to gain political points loving with the great/lesser satans.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i think this counts as a current event? either way the article name is hilarious
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...tz-8484019.html

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Real talk from Germans always owns.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Hmmm it's almost as if some of them have had the right ideas all along...makes u think

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Raiders beat the 49ers in Oakland and ended their playoff hopes AND someone gassed the furcon, this has been a pretty good weekend

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

i think this counts as a current event? either way the article name is hilarious

quote:

Baselitz, who was lauded by the Royal Academy five years ago as one of the greatest living artists, dismissed women painters, saying that they “simply don’t pass the market test, the value test”, adding: “As always, the market is right.”
:lol: at anyone who thinks the art market has the first clue what constitutes good art. Reminder: Damien Hirst and Richard Prince were both made millionaires.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

:lol: at anyone who thinks the art market has the first clue what constitutes good art. Reminder: Damien Hirst and Richard Prince were both made millionaires.

How many good artists can you name that haven't had success in "the art market?"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Today's the anniversary of Pearl Harbor.

In the opinions of GIP, if 9/11 is Kill Browns Day, is today Here Is Why The Bomb Was Worth It Day?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

In the opinions of GIP, if 9/11 is Kill Browns Day, is today Here Is Why The Bomb Was Worth It Day?

9/11 is thanks for the free school day.

Pearl Harbor is 'call your grandpa' day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

saw more people post that some old video game guy died than people post about pearl harbor

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Which old video game dude died?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

How many good female artists can you name that haven't had success in "the art market?"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Which old video game dude died?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/inventor-of-the-first-video-game-console-ralph-bae/1100-6424058/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

saw more people post that some old video game guy died than people post about pearl harbor
Well, that old guy, Ralph Baer, was a WWII vet, so there you go.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Berkeley is neat cause we got finals next week but people still find time to riot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVmyMKtmwU4

Girl gets wrecked at like 20 seconds in.

Last night one of the school Facebook feeds was just filled with people moaning about tear gas being a "gross overreaction" and more evidence of the systematic violence of the police state or whatever, but at the same time I guess there were legit anarchists in the crowd (apparently anarchists have a uniform?) lighting poo poo on fire, breaking things and throwing crap at the cops so

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

meh

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CBJSprague24 posted:

Every day you see some fat gently caress anime cosplayer is Here Is Why The Bomb Was Worth It But We Needed More Day.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

How many good artists can you name that haven't had success in "the art market?"

Vermeer was never more than a local tradesman and died in debt.
Gauguin was broke most of his life, and his paintings sell for a solid eight figures today.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Art that doesn't suck donkey dick: that painting of Freddy Merucury, paintings of naked chicks from the 70s, and that badass oil painting of the US commando from Vietnam with an olive bandana and a green face and the sleeveless vest with a ton of dead VC all over and he has his foot up on the pile of dead VC bodies and is lighting a cigarette off the barrel of his M-16

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
In Iraq I drew a picture of a marine in full ppe saying "Sorry kids, all out of jowlie. TIME TO HAND OUT THE FIVE FIVE SIX" and he was just blasting away.

Dunno where it went. I assume it's in the Marine Corps museum now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

Art that doesn't suck donkey dick: that painting of Freddy Merucury, paintings of naked chicks from the 70s, and that badass oil painting of the US commando from Vietnam with an olive bandana and a green face and the sleeveless vest with a ton of dead VC all over and he has his foot up on the pile of dead VC bodies and is lighting a cigarette off the barrel of his M-16

ah yes

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

maffew buildings posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Now that is some fine art.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Vermeer was never more than a local tradesman and died in debt.
Gauguin was broke most of his life, and his paintings sell for a solid eight figures today.

You'll note I didn't caveat "in their lifetimes." The only reason anyone knows the name of a single loving artist in the world besides Banksy is because of the art market.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Why are you dorks arguing about art in the 'pyf syrian civil war/isis video' thread?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Why are you dorks arguing about art in the 'pyf syrian civil war/isis video' thread?

Because officers

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm something of an artist. My preferred medium is PBX.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Two Finger posted:

The greatest thing my ancestors ever did was get the gently caress out of Europe.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The greatest thing my ancestors ever did was bomb the gently caress out of Europe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Sounds like you missed your chance.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

In Iraq I drew a picture of a marine in full ppe saying "Sorry kids, all out of jowlie. TIME TO HAND OUT THE FIVE FIVE SIX" and he was just blasting away.

Dunno where it went. I assume it's in the Marine Corps museum now.

Please recreate this tia.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/12/not-a-parody.php

When the "trigger warning" generation goes to post-grad...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

It's Columbia. I am not surprised.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

quote:

For some law students, particularly, though not only, students of color, this chain of events is all the more profound as it threatens to undermine a sense that the law is a fundamental pillar of society designed to protect fairness, due process and equality.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit- it's a loving law school. Why are they letting in idiots who aren't ready to play the game? Is this a Columbia thing?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Haha, I hope that's just a rationalization for giving people time off to protest or something

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's Columbia. I am not surprised.

No kidding. I mean, your average protester out there this fall has been a middle to low income black person who is expected to show up to work the next morning regardless of anything. Your average top tier law student is a sheltered, high-strung weenie and can't really be expected to handle this sort of thing without a safe space to exist in.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

ActusRhesus posted:

The future needs a Simon Phoenix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGa8VWszuWo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeris posted:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit- it's a loving law school. Why are they letting in idiots who aren't ready to play the game? Is this a Columbia thing?

If I take that argument shouldn't all the textbooks come with trigger warnings for all the other times the law has been applied questionably in US history?

I just read about domestic policy during WW2, please postpone my finals whilst I literally shake.

• Locked thread