Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Man, it's too bad that game ended up broken. It really is gorgeous.

It was just the online, and it's all fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

James Woods Fan posted:

I didn't know Osiris is coming so soon. loving baller. Gonna pick it up if word of mouth is good.

Actually I started to question that comment I made, but no, Steam shows it as releasing tomorrow! :) http://store.steampowered.com/app/289690/

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

I said come in! posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is the next 3rd person action game in the series, and it's a timed exclusive on Xbox One. The Guardian of Light sequel that comes out soon, is on all platforms.

Welp that last one was a really good game too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sprawl posted:

Welp that last one was a really good game too.

Timed exclusive, its still coming to the ps4.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So it's not one-in/one-out for multiplayer?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

DangerKat posted:

So it's not one-in/one-out for multiplayer?

It might just be that barely anyone is playing it anymore since the catastrophic launch, but there's no problems connecting to their servers anymore.

It's a shame that the terrible, terrible launch probably killed all goodwill for the game. There's a decent racing game under there, but I'm not sure they'll ever recover from the piss-poor state it was in at release.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aishan posted:

It's a shame that the terrible, terrible launch probably killed all goodwill for the game. I'm not sure they'll ever recover from the piss-poor state it was in at release.

The same is true for at least 4 other games.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I said come in! posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is the next 3rd person action game in the series, and it's a timed exclusive on Xbox One. The Guardian of Light sequel that comes out soon, is on all platforms.

Though amusingly, there are only physical special editions on PS4 and PC.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I picked Driveclub back up yesterday and it suddenly feels much more complete with the challenges enabled. Can't wait to drive in the rain.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Skeezy posted:

It's already a stretch that Yakuza 5 is even coming out to the States, now people are asking for a PS4 port lol
Exactly. Y5 coming out here is a Christmas miracle. I hope this means we'll see Yakuza 0 localized for the PS4.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Housh posted:

Exactly. Y5 coming out here is a Christmas miracle. I hope this means we'll see Yakuza 0 localized for the PS4.

I was going to wait until the Christmas sale to see if the new Yakuza digital downloads got discounted, then I realized that their intake on this was likely going to shape whether other Yakuza games would come over so gently caress it, day one purchase.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a gif or something of the Uncharted goof up where he clips through the map?

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

Weather update is up and the game is gorgeous now. Never driving without stormy weather again.
Game is complete and owns.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Looks sooo sick!

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Those weather effects looks really good. Is there a free mode where you can just drive without being in a race?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
You do just do a Time Trial on any track, which doesn't end until you tell it to.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DriveClub is one of the prettiest current gen games.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Although I've always thought Driveclub looks amazing, I'm still going to wait for the PS+ version, sorry guys. Who knows, maybe instead of a free version they'll put it up on PS+ in three years.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does Driveclub work yet?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^^^
Yep.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Man, it's too bad that game ended up broken. It really is gorgeous.

Driveclub isn't broken any more. Nearly every problem has been addressed.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Anybody wanna take some screenshots of driving in snowy weather in norway?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
http://youtu.be/pGcsT3kTCSs

:shepspends:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jesus. So many little things. The way the water on the windshield shifts when you turn. Or how the drops get pushed to the side by the wipers. loving what.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

drat. It's $35 right now on Amazon too.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Athenry posted:

drat. It's $35 right now on Amazon too.

Driveclub is a really fun game that is working now and is worth $35 if you like racing games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Driveclub is really good. The actual driving, racing, and whatnot is really solid. The actual game mechanics (leveling up, tour mode) are a throwback to the 90's. My biggest complaint with the game is how cars that are unlocked past level 25 can be a drag to unlock.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

I'm reaching spam territory, but holy poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DriveClub really is a good game. I don't think Evolution Studio deserves to be punished for their initial gently caress up. This is their first game, they learned from their mistakes, and they have patched the game 8 times since launch, giving away DLC that was otherwise going to be paid even, and adding more free content else where, such as new tracks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I hope Evo sticks around. Driveclub is one of my favorite games of the past year and I think the series has promise. If this is their initial effort then the next release ought to be really good. The series is a very nice compliment to the more sim-oriented console releases. More real-world tracks and a more diverse car line up is all I really want. The addition of full day/night and now weather are huge selling points.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

DriveClub really is a good game. I don't think Evolution Studio deserves to be punished for their initial gently caress up. This is their first game, they learned from their mistakes, and they have patched the game 8 times since launch, giving away DLC that was otherwise going to be paid even, and adding more free content else where, such as new tracks.

Looking at these clips and knowing it's in the hands of players (and not just dev copies), I think you can see why Sony stuck by them instead of canceling the project.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

Can't see poo poo driving with this weather but it doesn't seem to bother the A.I. one bit. (photo mode: blockbuster filter)

(cold filter)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The patch also adds two new tracks today, with reverse options for both as well. I think that's 5 new tracks added through updates.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Hmm.

DRIVECLUB™ PlayStation®Plus Edition Full Game Upgrade - this one is available for me. Is that the right one? The one that simply says DRIVECLUB™ is listed as unavailable.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
How does photo mode get implemented in games? Does Sony offer up resources/tools for devs to add it in? Because all the games I've seen it pop up in makes is really cool.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Christ is every droplet like a physics object?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^
The developers did a tech-oriented interview with Digital Foundry where they said that during the weather development that the water actually collects. They noticed this when the lakes on the maps began to rise. Evo took this poo poo seriously. Their maps are all built to properly work with the dynamic lighting and weather.

snodig posted:

Hmm.

DRIVECLUB™ PlayStation®Plus Edition Full Game Upgrade - this one is available for me. Is that the right one? The one that simply says DRIVECLUB™ is listed as unavailable.

That's the $49 dollar version for PS+ members.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

snodig posted:

Hmm.

Buy this one: http://www.amazon.com/DriveClub-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BGA9ZZ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1418056099&sr=1-1&keywords=driveclub

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Christ is every droplet like a physics object?

Particles, so it's simplified but that's more or less right. This generation is focusing a lot on GPGPU and particles are a perfect use of that because it's thousands of objects which obey the same behavioral rules but don't interact with each other.

The lit snow is probably a shader effect that does a bit of math based on a list of headlight cones in 3D space, and the windshield I'm guessing is done with a vector field repeatedly applied to a texture that contains the droplet's current and historical positions.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

Other than all the Motorstorm games and the World Rally Championship series, yeah, it's their first game. It was also delayed a year and still released in a worse state than any Ubisoft game. They deserve the criticism, no matter how pretty it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Other than all the Motorstorm games and the World Rally Championship series, yeah, it's their first game. It was also delayed a year and still released in a worse state than any Ubisoft game. They deserve the criticism, no matter how pretty it looks.

Oops, I didn't realize they made Motorstorm. I really did think this was a brand new developer or something, I dunno. But no, it didn't release in a worse state than any UBISoft game. That's crazy. DriveClub had it's online servers pretty thoroughly broken, but the game otherwise was bug free. UBISoft titles have game crippling bugs, and if in the case of Far Cry 4 and Unity, 20 minute wait times to get into the single player because you can't cancel out of logging into UPlay.

• Locked thread